Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4319195 - 12/12/16 01:51 PM Re: DCS: World 1.5.5 Update 2 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
He certainly doesn't seem to have anything more important going on in his life than to, in effect, take hours to write "I'm right and you're wrong!" using a lot more words, over and over again.

Like anyone cares.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4319245 - 12/12/16 04:25 PM Re: DCS: World 1.5.5 Update 2 [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
Art_J Offline
Art_J  Offline

Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted By: leaf_on_the_wind

If you are referring to me as being "Anti ED" , Iam not, it is not black and white eg love ED or hate ED
There are a multitude of greys in between, where you might like DCS world but not be happy about them
taking years to fix bugs or the constant insanely long delays, only the simple would think it is one extreme or the other.

Really simple to replicate
open your mission (in the editor)
select the mi8 (helicopter)
set its skill from Player to Client
save mission
select the cargo to grab (it will generate smoke)
take off from the ground
pickup the cargo
no smoke comes from UnHook zone

Not referring to You in particular.

Thank You for the instruction. One question though (don't shoot me, I have no idea how multiplayer in DCS works). Do I have to set up some sort of my own server to test the mission edited as above? I presume I cannot test such a mission offline?

#4319319 - 12/12/16 07:45 PM Re: DCS: World 1.5.5 Update 2 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
I just LOL at the exchange between leaf and Art_J, but kudos to Art_J for helping out!

I hope you'll realize that us "Anti ED" lot aren't as black-and-white as you think we are biggrin

- Ice
#4319458 - 12/13/16 09:58 AM Re: DCS: World 1.5.5 Update 2 [Re: Art_J]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Originally Posted By: Art_J

If you are referring to me as being "Anti ED" , Iam not, it is not black and white eg love ED or hate ED
There are a multitude of greys in between, where you might like DCS world but not be happy about them
taking years to fix bugs or the constant insanely long delays, only the simple would think it is one extreme or the other.

Really simple to replicate
save mission
take off from the ground
pickup the cargo

Not referring to You in particular.

Thank You for the instruction. One question though (don't shoot me, I have no idea how multiplayer in DCS works). Do I have to set up some sort of my own server to test the mission edited as above? I presume I cannot test such a mission offline?

Appologies Art, here are some extra instructions to make things clearer
No need to set-up multiplayer server

save mission
Top menu bar, click Flight, then click Fly Mission, click start, click Fly
take off from the ground
pickup the cargo

hopefully that makes sense, any questions just reply
Thanks buddy

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4319592 - 12/13/16 07:51 PM Re: DCS: World 1.5.5 Update 2 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Art_J Offline
Art_J  Offline

Warsaw, Poland
@ Ice, my "Anti-ED" remark might have been too provocative, but that was just a reaction against the "report-the-bugs-equals-get-banned" impression that I believe is somewhat over the top. I've reported a fair share myself, and If it was something already mentioned elsewhere, I was usually "corrected" by other members rather than the staff.

Yes, the banhammer frenzy caused by the infamous ITT issue of A-10C engines was just a stupid exception I cannot explain, but there are crapload of bugs reported in both ED's and BST's section after their modules releases and the reporting users still remain afloat after that.

@ Leaf, thanks again, I've replicated the issue myself - the most amusing thing is the smokeflare lights up eventually, but AFTER the drop, WTF do I need it for then? biggrin. I prefer to test things personally, not that I didn't believe You, but by principle I believe It's better to report and explain problems one experiences himself. Will post about the bug You've mentioned on the blue forum indeed.

#4319595 - 12/13/16 08:11 PM Re: DCS: World 1.5.5 Update 2 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline

Thank you kindly good sir

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4319596 - 12/13/16 08:17 PM Re: DCS: World 1.5.5 Update 2 [Re: Art_J]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Art_J
@ Ice, my "Anti-ED" remark might have been too provocative, but that was just a reaction against the "report-the-bugs-equals-get-banned" impression that I believe is somewhat over the top. I've reported a fair share myself, and If it was something already mentioned elsewhere, I was usually "corrected" by other members rather than the staff.

Yes, the banhammer frenzy caused by the infamous ITT issue of A-10C engines was just a stupid exception I cannot explain, but there are crapload of bugs reported in both ED's and BST's section after their modules releases and the reporting users still remain afloat after that.

Don't worry about it at all, Art_J! The names do fit sometimes and is a fair name, I think. People just need to remember that the "members" of either group aren't totally black-and-white in their thinking. Well, at least the vast majority are; there are always exceptions! biggrin

If what you're saying is true, then it's good to hear that bug reports and other "negative" stuff stays up and are resolved over on the ED forums.

Anyway, leaf's reasons for his preference to stay out of the ED forums are reasonable so again, kudos to you for helping out! thumbsup

- Ice
#4319715 - 12/14/16 11:27 AM Re: DCS: World 1.5.5 Update 2 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline

@Ice ....... leaf's reasons for his preference to stay out of the ED forums are reasonable so again

Errr it is not a preference lol

#4319729 - 12/14/16 11:58 AM Re: DCS: World 1.5.5 Update 2 [Re: leaf_on_the_wind]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Errr it is not a preference lol

It's not?? Hehehehe... my bad, apologies mate!

- Ice
#4319848 - 12/14/16 07:29 PM Re: DCS: World 1.5.5 Update 2 [Re: Silver_Dragon]  
Art_J Offline
Art_J  Offline

Warsaw, Poland
Leaf, the smoke flare issue seems to be more complicated than I thought:

a) editing my first SP mission I posted here, by changing coalition colour & dropoff zone location to slightly more distant one, I've found myself in a situation when for some reason the goddamn flare would not pop no matter what, even though the trigger parameters were set as before (?!). Then I started from scratch and it worked again in SP mode (although with the smoke still being default red before the drop and changing colour to preset one only after). The smoke flare set up in the primary trigger zone seems to be somewhat unreliable feature at the moment. That's the bad thing. However, the good thing is...

b) one can make the flare work (with any colour You want) in both single and multiplayer (client) mode by creating a separate, second trigger zone in the middle of the first, dropoff one. Just tested it in a slightly edited mission someone else showed me, and this workaround seems to be OK (see: attachment). The second zone must be set to pop a smoke flare whenever Your chopper is nearby. It's not a perfect solution, but hey, it works for now smile.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3E1-3eKsWsqaGdKUV9ZaEhyZjQ/view

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.