Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#4309392 - 11/06/16 01:45 AM How discussing ED feels like....  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
My recent activity here on the DCS sub-forum has been rather interesting and reminded me of this clip from Bill Burr, around the 0:30 mark

linky

Everytime some of the pro-ED group brings up a point and someone comes up to disprove and shred the point to pieces, they almost never come back to defend or clarify their point. Instead, they shift the conversation to something else. "If they're wrong, they go rogue!" At first, I felt like arguing with thin air... but then I realized that they've probably seen that their point is hopeless and so they try another tact. They don't have the honesty to say "Oh, I was wrong about that point; I stand corrected." No. They move on to a different area as if nothing happened.

"Why are you even posting here, Ice?"
"Why do you hate ED so much?"
"I enjoy DCS, surely I can't be doing that if this product was crap!"
"But if it weren't for ED, combat flight simming would be dead"

Statements that have no bearing on the discussion at all. Once those start coming out, I know that the point is won. They may not say it, they may pretend nothing's happened, but the more they do it, the more obvious it becomes. The point is indefensible and they are abandoning it.

I'm just taking a knee and running out the clock here.

- Ice
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4309403 - 11/06/16 03:30 AM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
David_OC Offline
(OC) Pythagoras
David_OC  Offline
(OC) Pythagoras

Australia
This quote by Ssnake pretty much sums up what needs to be said here I think.

You don't actually read or try to comprehend what the people who disagree with you are trying to tell you. You just pick the bits and pieces that fit your preconceived ideas and ignore everything that doesn't. Either this is a disingenuous way to participate in a discussion (you don't sound like you're stupid), or it's at least on the borderline to trolling.

There just conversions and debates about things in the simming world Ice, and how everyone perceive things, or wish to perceive things. You also will never stop posting so you have the last say always, that's what I have seen around here.

Are you trying to prove something (With good source of information) or just use negative spam to change other peoples perception around here Ice? Not hard to tell, from my perspective.

#4309407 - 11/06/16 04:22 AM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: David_OC]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David_OC
This quote by Ssnake pretty much sums up what needs to be said here I think.

You don't actually read or try to comprehend what the people who disagree with you are trying to tell you. You just pick the bits and pieces that fit your preconceived ideas and ignore everything that doesn't. Either this is a disingenuous way to participate in a discussion (you don't sound like you're stupid), or it's at least on the borderline to trolling.

Indeed, that is correct! That's why I take your posts apart point-by-point so that you can't say I'm just picking the bits and pieces. Funny how you don't seem to respond to any of them and just go rogue!

There just conversions and debates about things in the simming world Ice, and how everyone perceive things, or wish to perceive things.

See, perceptions are funny things. You could be wrong simply because of the angle at which you are looking at something. That's why discussions exists. Remember my example about the blind men and the elephant? Alone, each man thinks he is correct. Together, they will realize that there is a bigger picture they aren't seeing (or feeling). That's why actual productive discussions are a good thing. That's why views must be taken from all/both angles/sides.

You also will never stop posting so you have the last say always, that's what I have seen around here.

Sorry, I just can't have untruth and ignorance run rampant. Speak true and give evidence-based opinions and we'll get somewhere. Stick to blind belief and uninformed opinions and you'll only get called out.

Are you trying to prove something (With good source of information) or just use negative spam to change other peoples perception around here Ice? Not hard to tell, from my perspective.

Read above.

- Ice
#4309413 - 11/06/16 05:08 AM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
David_OC Offline
(OC) Pythagoras
David_OC  Offline
(OC) Pythagoras

Australia
I have said this before Ice, I do agree with you on most of the things we have talk about here. But I choose to see more of the positive side that is all.

Not once have I seen any real evidence (Links) from you, we are mostly only debating company tactics here anyway. It's only how you wish to perceive things and that's cool Ice.

Yes you pull post apart, it just looks like spam negative content most of the time with little meaning and substance.

You do have your moments tho Ice.

Originally Posted By: - Ice

Statements that have no bearing on the discussion at all. Once those start coming out, I know that the point is won. They may not say it, they may pretend nothing's happened, but the more they do it, the more obvious it becomes. The point is indefensible and they are abandoning it.

Yes many do that here with you Ice and have to and need to abandon the conversation because there is no right or wrong and the debate would never end ever, because it's only, most of the time someones perspective and how they like to see the world and the great things they have in a positive view.

"I know that the point is won"

WOW Ice just wow is all I can really say here... Would or DO you need people to say your right and your the best Ice?, I will only listen and see your perspective from now on...?

#4309415 - 11/06/16 05:17 AM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
tagTaken2 Offline
tagTaken2  Offline

Gone
My recent activity here on the DCS sub-forum has been blah

You should give some thought to the idea that nobody actually cares what you think.

Nothing wrong with stopping by to express an opinion, but arguing with people on the net is not something I'm wasting time on.

Stop contributing to negativity in the forums and get a life, kbye.

#4309450 - 11/06/16 11:13 AM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Ice , that is so true

Thanks for that dude

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4309465 - 11/06/16 12:48 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: David_OC]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

I have said this before Ice, I do agree with you on most of the things we have talk about here. But I choose to see more of the positive side that is all.

If all you do is laps around the carrier and watch the waves go by, then all you will see is the positive. We play the sim differently; I've gathered that much.

Not once have I seen any real evidence (Links) from you, we are mostly only debating company tactics here anyway. It's only how you wish to perceive things and that's cool Ice.

That's just because you don't actually read and understand my posts. While I don't give links, I do give examples that you can easily find for yourself. The Snoopy/Noodle fiasco not a "real evidence" for you? How about the AMRAAM and BMP problem? Will I need to give links before they become "real evidence"?

Yes you pull post apart, it just looks like spam negative content most of the time with little meaning and substance.

I suggest you look at what "meaning" and "substance" mean, Mr. "No Real Evidence."

Yes many do that here with you Ice and have to and need to abandon the conversation because there is no right or wrong and the debate would never end ever, because it's only, most of the time someones perspective and how they like to see the world and the great things they have in a positive view.

Haha! Again, you're reading it wrong. If you have a point, then there's no need to abandon the conversation. We're not talking about "what's you favorite color" here where there's no right or wrong answer. We're talking about ED's competence or lack thereof. We're talking about whether modules are good buys or not. We're talking stuff that can be quantitatively and qualitatively measured, stuff that may or may not fit an individuals needs. Hence, there is always a right and wrong answer.

"I know that the point is won"

WOW Ice just wow is all I can really say here... Would or DO you need people to say your right and your the best Ice?, I will only listen and see your perspective from now on...?

You are confused. Again. I'm not the only one making points here. I'm just saying I'm starting to notice that instance when the other side realizes their argument is indefensible and goes off rogue.

- Ice
#4309467 - 11/06/16 12:52 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: tagTaken2]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tagTaken2
You should give some thought to the idea that nobody actually cares what you think.

Fair enough. I suspect those people don't bother to post replies anyway, so there's really no interaction there.

Nothing wrong with stopping by to express an opinion,

Yes of course! This is what forums are for, expressing opinions and discussing ideas, but then you have to be prepared to be asked "why?" "I think DCS is great because I said so" contributes nothing at all to the discussion.

but arguing with people on the net is not something I'm wasting time on.

What you do with your time is your choice.

Stop contributing to negativity in the forums and get a life, kbye.

"Contributing to negativity" and "presenting the negative aspects" are two different things. Maybe you should learn to distinguish between the two before you comment, kbye!

- Ice
#4309742 - 11/07/16 03:07 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
Davemetalhead Offline
Davemetalhead  Offline

Abingdon, Oxon.
So what exactly is the point of this thread? Other than another bash at ED and those that enjoy DCS?

Part time poster
Full time lurker
#4309767 - 11/07/16 04:02 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
How does discussing ED reflect on anyone that enjoys DCS? We all play and enjoy DCS....we just know that there is a whole load of potential and huge amounts of frustration in them not fulfilling it.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4309815 - 11/07/16 06:44 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: Davemetalhead]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Davemetalhead
So what exactly is the point of this thread? Other than another bash at ED and those that enjoy DCS?

The point of this thread is right on the title. It has nothing to do with enjoying DCS at all. The first post in this thread expounds more on the topic, if you'd care to read it. Thanks! biggrin

- Ice
#4309870 - 11/07/16 09:47 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
Remon Offline
Remon  Offline

Greece
Apparently "pulling apart" for Ice means making childish remarks about the other person. And of course it's easy to win the arguments here when you have the moderators at your side. You made a comment in a thread that if it had been done by me it would get branded as a personal attack and would be deleted.

Last edited by Remon; 11/07/16 09:50 PM.
#4309884 - 11/07/16 10:17 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
Suicidal_6 Offline
Suicidal_6  Offline

Gulfport
Good post Ice. thumbsup

_ _ ______________________ _ _

S6
#4309891 - 11/07/16 10:46 PM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: Suicidal_6]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Remon
Apparently "pulling apart" for Ice means making childish remarks about the other person.

Some of it might be, but all of them have points. Why would I pull apart a post... to address sections individually. Maybe childishly, maybe seriously... I can't always be just one or the other!

And of course it's easy to win the arguments here when you have the moderators at your side.

Where and when did that happen? Just because moderators here allow open discussion and even childish ways of discussing things, does not automatically mean they're at my side. Instead of complaining about mods being on my side, how about trying to defend your points and opinions?

You made a comment in a thread that if it had been done by me it would get branded as a personal attack and would be deleted.

Again, where and when?

ps. notice how I pulled your post apart but wasn't childish in it? biggrin

Originally Posted By: Suicidal_6
Good post Ice. thumbsup

Thanks!

- Ice
#4309911 - 11/08/16 12:03 AM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
David_OC Offline
(OC) Pythagoras
David_OC  Offline
(OC) Pythagoras

Australia
You made a comment in a thread that if it had been done by me it would get branded as a personal attack and would be deleted.

Again, where and when?

Do you even English bro? I didn't cut your sentence.

Oh, I was just wondering if you made a mistake there. Apparently not, you were just being useless on purpose. Good job! thumbsup

The Post

#4309913 - 11/08/16 12:15 AM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: David_OC]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Do you even English bro? I didn't cut your sentence.

Oh, I was just wondering if you made a mistake there. Apparently not, you were just being useless on purpose. Good job! thumbsup

The Post

The first part, no chance there. I wasn't cutting your sentence.

The second part, explain to me the purpose of linking the thread on the thread itself. Explain to me how your response was not just being useless on purpose.

Does it need to be linked? Maybe not, but who cares really.. You?

I'll wait. biggrin

- Ice
#4309916 - 11/08/16 12:22 AM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
David_OC Offline
(OC) Pythagoras
David_OC  Offline
(OC) Pythagoras

Australia
I see you've not done your research at all. I suggest until you do, you [edited] because you just keep coming back looking really stupid. --->Easy there Ice <---

Link

More?

#4309920 - 11/08/16 12:27 AM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: David_OC]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Sure, especially as that post you just quoted has nothing to do with the "linking thread upon itself" issue you brought up. So I'm still waiting.

I see you've not done your research at all. I suggest until you do, you [edited] because you just keep coming back looking really stupid.

--->Easy there Ice <---

Would you be so kind as to provide a link to that? Thanks!

- Ice
#4309936 - 11/08/16 01:11 AM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Thanks for modifying your post to include a link.

Also, thanks for just citing the part that was moderated. Trying to put me out of context perhaps? Let me put a better picture here:
Ice, well it doesn't take much look back here for his call sign. He really really doesn't like anything about ED or DCS written.

I see you've not done your research at all. I suggest until you do, you [edited] because you just keep coming back looking really stupid.

Easy there Ice

Edited by Force10 (31 August, 2016 08:01 PM)
Edit Reason: Language

And then a few posts down:
Whoops!! Sorry there, Force10. Surprised you kept the last word on that sentence though; I thought you were going for THAT.
For those that missed it, the edited bit would read as "keep quiet" biggrin

Interesting how for the "keep quiet" term I was given a slap on the wrist.... but **NOT** for the rest of the sentence. Hmmmm.... Maybe it falls into the category of "calling a spade a spade"??

Now that we've sorted that and put it out of the way, let me get back on point:
The second part, explain to me the purpose of linking the thread on the thread itself. Explain to me how your response was not just being useless on purpose.

Does it need to be linked? Maybe not, but who cares really.. You?

I'll wait. biggrin

Still waiting. reading
popcorn

- Ice
#4309959 - 11/08/16 02:58 AM Re: How discussing ED feels like.... [Re: - Ice]  
David_OC Offline
(OC) Pythagoras
David_OC  Offline
(OC) Pythagoras

Australia

Oh, I was just wondering if you made a mistake there. Apparently not, you were just being useless on purpose

Do you even English bro?

So none of (Just) these come across as personal insults to you?

Oh you have to mention BMS/falcon in that 15 yeas, otherwise Ice will get upset. We don't really need any other sim lol.

Can't really make a post without a low personal attack, huh? Or is that your weird attempt at humor? Either way, you really should find something else to do. Like being honest with yourself.

This must be how you interpret a low personal attack?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.