Hotshot

Germoney

Visit the home of Steel Beasts!
...the ultimate armor sim...
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4302136 - 10/10/16 04:18 PM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: Ssnake]  
marko1231123 Offline
marko1231123  Offline

Quite a comprehensive bug fix assault by the Esim team on the latest update.
Stellar work guys it mite not be as exciting as new content but vital all the same.

Last edited by marko1231123; 10/10/16 09:33 PM.
#4305756 - 10/23/16 06:06 PM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: Ssnake]  
W-Molders Offline
W-Molders  Offline

I.E. Commiefornia ..S.B Count...
T 80 or 90 please ! band If you dont have classified info just guess.. we wont care

Last edited by W-Molders; 10/23/16 06:06 PM.

[Signature deleted]
#4305807 - 10/23/16 10:10 PM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: Ssnake]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
...but we do.

#4307001 - 10/28/16 03:38 AM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: Ssnake]  
W-Molders Offline
W-Molders  Offline

but WE pay smile

[Signature deleted]
#4307035 - 10/28/16 09:14 AM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: W-Molders]  
Ronin_GE Offline
Ronin_GE  Offline

Originally Posted By: W-Molders
T 80 or 90 please ! band If you dont have classified info just guess.. we wont care

I care.
Hope esim sticks to their CoA to include tanks as close to the RL as possible.
Nay to fantasy tanks!!!

nec cupias, nec metuas

official steelbeasts website
www.steelbeasts.com
Panzerbataillon 911(v) Webseite
www.steelbeasts.org
#4307098 - 10/28/16 02:08 PM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: Ronin_GE]  
marko1231123 Offline
marko1231123  Offline

Originally Posted By: Ronin_GE

I care.
Hope esim sticks to their CoA to include tanks as close to the RL as possible.
Nay to fantasy tanks!!!

I would agree with you to a point Ronan.
I would not like to see a super tank with totally unrealistic capabilities modelled in game.
But there is a compelling case for esim to take the information they have.( I would speculate they have some reliable information.)
And make educated guesses as to the capabilities of some of the other components needed to model say a T-80u they have done this with Other models the CR-2 comes to mind. It would certainly give us T Tank enthusiasts a better chance in MP Games.
The introduction of playable T-72B1 in the last update made a great difference.

#4307274 - 10/29/16 05:37 AM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: marko1231123]  
W-Molders Offline
W-Molders  Offline

true... mp would come alive

[Signature deleted]
#4307280 - 10/29/16 07:25 AM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: marko1231123]  
Ssnake Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Ssnake  Offline
Virtual Shiva Beast
Hotshot

Germoney
Originally Posted By: marko1231123
But there is a compelling case for esim to take the information they have. (I would speculate they have some reliable information.)

Just for the record, by your own admission your case rests completely on what I have to call "baseless speculation".

We have more than a dozen different fire control systems implemented, all of them with a pretty good level of detail (occasionally bordering on the insane (CV90/30-FI)). Don't tell me that you can't find a challenging pairing among the options, or that the future of multiplayer depends completely on the introduction of a fantasy T-80.

• If you think that the T-72 is too vulnerable based on design, the T-80 and the T-90 share the very same flaws.
  • If you think that the T-72 is too weak against 120mm ammunition, issue 120mm DM23 to your tanks (or use M1IPs with 105mm guns) and you'll shift the balance dramatically in the T-72's favor.

Visit the home of Steel Beasts!
...the ultimate armor sim...
#4307308 - 10/29/16 01:25 PM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: Ssnake]  
marko1231123 Offline
marko1231123  Offline

Originally Posted By: Ssnake
But there is a compelling case for esim to take the information they have. (I would speculate they have some reliable information.)

Just for the record, by your own admission your case rests completely on what I have to call "baseless speculation".
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it is the case you have no available data on the T-80U fire control then I stand corrected.
Even though I don't think it could be considered completely baseless considering Esim is the premier armour simulation
You guys must have a large data base of armour related Data. I also appreciate some of this data would be classified.
So I will leave it there.
Just to clarify I was not trying to force the issue of a playable T-80 or 90
As previous stated have no interest in a fantasy T-80 fire control system I would rather wait till enough Data is available to make a Realistic fire control.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have more than a dozen different fire control systems implemented, all of them with a pretty good level of detail (occasionally bordering on the insane (CV90/30-FI)). Don't tell me that you can't find a challenging pairing among the options, or that the future of multiplayer depends completely on the introduction of a fantasy T-80.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have no issues finding Tanks to match,
IMO, the best match of all in SB is the Leo-1A5 v the T-72M1.Both Tanks have advantages in there favour. or if I want to go old school I use T-55/62 v centurion/ Shot-Kal . The T-72B1 v M-60A3 TTS is also a very competitive match.
But when it comes to the Leo-2A6 and the M1A2 its a different ball game that's why I said a T-80 with its better armour speed
And ATGM capability give it a slightly better chance of surviving an encounter with a leo-2A6/STRV-122-A7 or M1A2.

(For those who may be interested you can create a platoon of say four T-90,s then via the mission editor dived the unit replace one of the call signs with a T-72B1 2012 reattach it to the platoon then and at least you will have a playable tank and still have the Advantage of more modern Russian armour )

• If you think that the T-72 is too vulnerable based on design, the T-80 and the T-90 share the very same flaws.
  • If you think that the T-72 is too weak against 120mm ammunition, issue 120mm DM23 to your tanks (or use M1IPs with 105mm guns) and you'll shift the balance dramatically in the T-72's favor.

Last edited by marko1231123; 10/29/16 05:56 PM.
#4307568 - 10/30/16 07:28 PM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: Ssnake]  
W-Molders Offline
W-Molders  Offline

Originally Posted By: Ssnake

You are being to scientific about it... novelty sells... just make them.. you can do it!! you have all the power in your hands.. just put something together.. all the protection and FC ect are pretty much accessible.. if you made a modern T80 or T90 I would pay like 40 bucks for it.. make it a module. I also think a T80 or T90 is much more survivable than a T72s (chariots of fire) [u][/u]

[Signature deleted]
#4307581 - 10/30/16 08:37 PM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: W-Molders]  
Ronin_GE Offline
Ronin_GE  Offline

You are being to scientific about it... novelty sells... just make them.. you can do it!! you have all the power in your hands.. just put something together.. all the protection and FC ect are pretty much accessible.. if you made a modern T80 or T90 I would pay like 40 bucks for it.. make it a module. I also think a T80 or T90 is much more survivable than a T72s (chariots of fire) [u][/u]

deadhorse tuner

nec cupias, nec metuas

www.steelbeasts.com
www.steelbeasts.org
#4307677 - 10/31/16 11:58 AM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: Ronin_GE]  
marko1231123 Offline
marko1231123  Offline

Hi W-molder.

I understand where your coming from in relation to wanting a playable T-Tank that can give you a chance against the newer western Tank designs.
But I also see the predicament Esim are in.
They built there company reputation on building high fidelity models especially with fire control systems.
A more realistic prospect would be a T-tank with a western designed fire control there were quite a few developed.
The T-72M4 comes to mind allegedly it uses a Italian build fire control system similar to the one used on the centauro.
which would be feasible to model. Or lets hope a nation that uses the T-90 provides the relevant data via a contract with esim.

#4308045 - 11/01/16 02:18 PM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: Ssnake]  
Woofie_Dog Offline
Woofie_Dog  Offline

PFFTTT...I got tired of waiting.Switched to Armored Warfare and I'm in T-90/Russian anything heaven.Dedicated server,tough AI,convenient and competitive gameplay,beautiful graphics and sound effects. Hardly ever touch Steelbeasts now.Hell even the most dedicated hardcore players from the steelbeasts are playing it (that speaks volumes).And at zero dollars VS $150 to $500(depending on how many updates you paid for),its a bargain.I'm hoping that the DEV's realize that there's a whole community out there that want it to be more sim like,so I'm voicing my wishes to push them in that direction.Esim is slowly fading in my rear view mirror dollar wise.

The irony is I get 10x the more detail on tanks and environmentals on this arcade game than I do their simulator ...go figure,and OH,...I kill trees... not the other way round.Just sayin.

Course there's the argument that we don't get to create missions,but then again I have a dedicated sound/graphic artist team doing it for me.

Last edited by Woofie_Dog; 11/01/16 03:52 PM.
#4308054 - 11/01/16 03:47 PM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: Woofie_Dog]  
Ratcatcher Offline
Ratcatcher  Offline

North Yorkshire, UK
Originally Posted By: Woofie_Dog
PFFTTT...I got tired of waiting.Switched to Armored Warfare

I dont suppose you have any links to gameplay footage of this server in action? I did try AW when it was in Beta ( or ALpha...it all blurs into one at times... )I didnt play a great deal of it but at the time it made World Of Tanks look like a study sim, so would like to see if it does offer a more realistic experience.

Last edited by Ratcatcher; 11/01/16 03:47 PM.
#4308055 - 11/01/16 03:56 PM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: Ratcatcher]  
Woofie_Dog Offline
Woofie_Dog  Offline

Originally Posted By: Ratcatcher
PFFTTT...I got tired of waiting.Switched to Armored Warfare

I dont suppose you have any links to gameplay footage of this server in action? I did try AW when it was in Beta ( or ALpha...it all blurs into one at times... )I didnt play a great deal of it but at the time it made World Of Tanks look like a study sim, so would like to see if it does offer a more realistic experience.

Best thing to do IMO is try it yourself...a lot of changes and game modes added,and apparently a lot more to come.Just have to put the presusre on to get them to think about a sim level mode on top of their regular arcade mode.(which ain't that arcadie in terms of combat) I play it like I do steelbeasts with all that iconograpy turned off,And it's pretty damn intense.

Last edited by Woofie_Dog; 11/01/16 03:57 PM.
#4308057 - 11/01/16 04:01 PM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: Woofie_Dog]  
Ronin_GE Offline
Ronin_GE  Offline

PFFTTT...I got tired of waiting.Switched to Armored Warfare and I'm in T-90/Russian anything heaven.Dedicated server,tough AI,convenient and competitive gameplay,beautiful graphics and sound effects. Hardly ever touch Steelbeasts now.Hell even the most dedicated hardcore players from the steelbeasts are playing it (that speaks volumes).And at zero dollars VS $150 to $500(depending on how many updates you paid for),its a bargain.I'm hoping that the DEV's realize that there's a whole community out there that want it to be more sim like,so I'm voicing my wishes to push them in that direction.Esim is slowly fading in my rear view mirror dollar wise.

The irony is I get 10x the more detail on tanks and environmentals on this arcade game than I do their simulator ...go figure,and OH,...I kill trees... not the other way round.Just sayin.

Course there's the argument that we don't get to create missions,but then again I have a dedicated sound/graphic artist team doing it for me.

AW is good at giving people what they(or most) want. Shame only that it doesn't have to do anything with what the game name would suggest. wink
I would have to come a long way to become even remotely "simlike". So good lukc with your lobby work there.

nec cupias, nec metuas

www.steelbeasts.com
www.steelbeasts.org
#4308062 - 11/01/16 04:09 PM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: Ronin_GE]  
marko1231123 Offline
marko1231123  Offline

AW is good at giving people what they(or most) want. Shame only that it doesn't have to do anything with what the game name would suggest. wink
I would have to come a long way to become even remotely "simlike". So good lukc with your lobby work there.

+1

There is no comparison between the two SB is a armoured simulation and a good one
Is it the prettiest no, is it the most realistic yes hands down and there's a major update coming soon for the graphics engine.
AW is fun but its no simulation.

Last edited by marko1231123; 11/01/16 04:13 PM.
#4308064 - 11/01/16 04:10 PM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: Ronin_GE]  
Woofie_Dog Offline
Woofie_Dog  Offline

It's kinda funny that you could, in alot of respects, say the same thing about steelbeasts...ain't that a kicker?

#4308066 - 11/01/16 04:16 PM Re: SB Pro PE 4.006 [Re: marko1231123]  
Ronin_GE Offline
Ronin_GE  Offline

+1

There is no comparison between the two SB is a armoured simulation and a good one
Is it the prettiest no, is it the most realistic yes hands down and there a major update coming soon for thee graphics engine.
AW is fun but its no simulation.

No one disputes that AW is a good game. But the game mechanics have realy nothing to do with "armoured warfare". Might be as well pink elefants lobbing coconuts at each other wink

Even wth the new terrain engine and stuff, SB will never look as detailed as AW. But as AW maps have about 2% of the mapsize of a Steelbeast scenario thats not so hard to do... :-P

If you want so desperately to fight in a T-90, I guess the best chance would be to try ArmA. Maybe some modder made his interpretation of the T-90 and you can crack on there?

nec cupias, nec metuas

www.steelbeasts.com
www.steelbeasts.org
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.