Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20
#4305497 - 10/22/16 05:28 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Noodle]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

Originally Posted By: Noodle

Which is why I can't help but raise my eyebrows when certain ED figures claim that the "moderation" is totally above board and they would neverrrrr silence anyone...

Aren't we being a little liberal with the truth there, hmm? wink

It's totally unlike the deletion part was by your own request...

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4305509 - 10/22/16 06:22 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
I thought ED moderators past and present don't comment on issues from the censored ED message boards. I'm sure I've seen that stated in their own ridiculous ruleset.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4305522 - 10/22/16 07:35 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
please, cut Sobek some slack

you have to understand him, he sees that we all are trying to strike a lighter tone and joke a bit about the whole thing, he is just trying his best to steer us back to being more serious.

#4305523 - 10/22/16 07:41 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Agreed

popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4305525 - 10/22/16 07:44 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
Tom_Weiss Offline
Veteran
Tom_Weiss  Offline
Veteran

3rd Planet, Sun
wink biggrin popcorn

#4305531 - 10/22/16 08:21 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Paradaz]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA
Originally Posted By: Paradaz
I thought ED moderators past and present don't comment on issues from the censored ED message boards. I'm sure I've seen that stated in their own ridiculous ruleset.

Quote:
1.3 Administrative actions against forum members are not subject to public discussion. If you feel an action against you was unjust or otherwise inappropriate, please use the Private Messaging (PM) system to appeal the action to other forum staff members or the forum administrator.

Last edited by cichlidfan; 10/22/16 08:40 PM.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
#4305552 - 10/22/16 09:21 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Sobek]  
Noodle Offline
Noodle  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sobek

Which is why I can't help but raise my eyebrows when certain ED figures claim that the "moderation" is totally above board and they would neverrrrr silence anyone...

Aren't we being a little liberal with the truth there, hmm? wink

It's totally unlike the deletion part was by your own request...

I'm sorry Sobek but no, I didn't request deletion of anything. I'd be upset that you called me a liar, except you're a good guy and it seems more likely that somebody lied to you about the situation. Which would kinda prove my whole point, wouldn't it?

#4305565 - 10/22/16 10:27 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Possible, but Sobek can't admit that he's wrong.

- Ice
#4305711 - 10/23/16 03:24 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: cichlidfan]  
leaf_on_the_wind Offline
leaf_on_the_wind  Offline

Originally Posted By: cichlidfan
Originally Posted By: Paradaz

Quote:
1.3 Administrative actions against forum members are not subject to public discussion. If you feel an action against you was unjust or otherwise inappropriate, please use the Private Messaging (PM) system to appeal the action to other forum staff members or the forum administrator.

Except ....... if you are banned you cannot use PM function kinda funny

Ferengi Rule of acquisition #1 Once you have their money ... never give it back.

#4305738 - 10/23/16 04:37 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: - Ice]  
LOF_Rugg Offline
LOF_Rugg  Offline

Originally Posted By: - Ice
Possible, but Sobek can't admit that he's wrong.

QFT

#4305743 - 10/23/16 05:01 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Noodle]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

I'm sorry Sobek but no, I didn't request deletion of anything. I'd be upset that you called me a liar, except you're a good guy and it seems more likely that somebody lied to you about the situation.

Oh boy.

Listen, i am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you have forgot about requesting it directly from me in a chain of PMs where i tried to smooth things over with you.

It's not like i can produce those PMs (not that i'd want to even if i could), but please, take it easy on the accusation front. That's all i ask for.

Reading all this noise i already regret getting back into this cesspool...

Last edited by Sobek; 10/23/16 05:04 PM.
#4305774 - 10/23/16 08:25 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
Noodle Offline
Noodle  Offline

That was a different time Sobek, more than a year ago the last time I was banned for no valid reason. And if you recall the answer from ED at the time was "no", they wouldnt remove my posts. So, what, that one inquiry is now taken to mean blanket authorization? And ED spontaneously decided to reverse themselves and grant my request a year later under totally different circumstances? Circumstances which revolved around me #%&*$# that ED was maliciously deleting my posts which contained useful information.

So no, i didnt ask that my posts be removed. I was banned, and the more i posted here at SimHQ the more vindictive Wags became. My ban went from a month to a year to forever, with no notice or reason given. Ultimately, and weeks later, all of my posts were deleted. This was retribution pure and simple and to try and conceal that fact is reprehensible.

Honestly, this "cesspool" is of ED's own creation. I used to think it was the Russian culture that sought to oppress dissent and was hostile toward "dangerous" speech. But I've come to realize that the Russian devs are just fine. It's Wags and his merry gang of unpaid fanboi moderators who are afraid of new ideas and have destroyed the community. This "cesspool" of discontent exists because of them.

ED is a case study on how to epically fail at every aspect of public relations. They should literally be studied. Why they continue to employ a guy like Wags is a mystery to me. As the producer, he doesn't appear to know a good idea if it were to slap him in the face; as a moderstor and facilitator, he's appears vengeful and petty, and appears to use his position to persecute people who cross him; and as the face of ED, what's he done to foster the community recently? They should replace him immediately; the brand would be much better off with a fresh face and new ideas...a clean slate.

For the record, I thoroughly enjoy the fact that ED is butthurt that their icy grip of power doesn't extend here to SimHQ.

#4305787 - 10/23/16 09:04 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Noodle]  
Sobek Offline
Professional scapegoat
Sobek  Offline
Professional scapegoat

That was a different time Sobek

Fair enough, disregard what i said. In that case, i got no idea what's going on.

a fresh face and new ideas

I think Racoon is doing a pretty good job so far...

Last edited by Sobek; 10/23/16 09:16 PM.
#4305820 - 10/23/16 10:58 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Sobek]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Hahaha!! Just because this is a place where people can speak their minds.... must be really, really different from the "sterile" ED forums, eh Sobek?

i got no idea what's going on.

True dat! thumbsup

I think Racoon is doing a pretty good job so far...

Shouldn't be too hard at all to do a "pretty good job" considering where the current bar is set at.

- Ice
#4308261 - 11/02/16 05:19 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
jbrking Offline
jbrking  Offline

QLD
Originally Posted By: Force10
Looks like I apparently said something to upset the authorities over at ED.

Instead of "Banned" though...it now says "Posting rights revoked"

Revoked sounds permanent to me...otherwise it would say "suspended"?

Getting banned from a forum I never use is pretty much a non-issue for me however.

That's A+ customer relations right there...good job ED!

That's the typical behaviour of DCS World forums..

#4308901 - 11/04/16 10:46 AM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Noodle]  
David_OC Offline
(OC) Pythagoras
David_OC  Offline
(OC) Pythagoras

Australia
That was a different time Sobek, more than a year ago the last time I was banned for no valid reason. And if you recall the answer from ED at the time was "no", they wouldnt remove my posts. So, what, that one inquiry is now taken to mean blanket authorization? And ED spontaneously decided to reverse themselves and grant my request a year later under totally different circumstances? Circumstances which revolved around me #%&*$# that ED was maliciously deleting my posts which contained useful information.

So no, i didnt ask that my posts be removed. I was banned, and the more i posted here at SimHQ the more vindictive Wags became. My ban went from a month to a year to forever, with no notice or reason given. Ultimately, and weeks later, all of my posts were deleted. This was retribution pure and simple and to try and conceal that fact is reprehensible.

Honestly, this "cesspool" is of ED's own creation. I used to think it was the Russian culture that sought to oppress dissent and was hostile toward "dangerous" speech. But I've come to realize that the Russian devs are just fine. It's Wags and his merry gang of unpaid fanboi moderators who are afraid of new ideas and have destroyed the community. This "cesspool" of discontent exists because of them.

ED is a case study on how to epically fail at every aspect of public relations. They should literally be studied. Why they continue to employ a guy like Wags is a mystery to me. As the producer, he doesn't appear to know a good idea if it were to slap him in the face; as a moderstor and facilitator, he's appears vengeful and petty, and appears to use his position to persecute people who cross him; and as the face of ED, what's he done to foster the community recently? They should replace him immediately; the brand would be much better off with a fresh face and new ideas...a clean slate.

For the record, I thoroughly enjoy the fact that ED is butthurt that their icy grip of power doesn't extend here to SimHQ.

I do agree here that ED's forum could be a lot better and more open but it's still "Their" forum so they can set rules as they like. As for Wags, I don't think ED would be on the way to where they are now or will be if it wasn't for Wags, just my opinion and how I see it. ED does have some power here? That is why this thread exists and why the posting rights are revoked potentially.

#4308925 - 11/04/16 12:59 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
KraziKanuK Offline
Veteran
KraziKanuK  Offline
Veteran

Ottawa Canada
Occasionally ED does get the ban, err posting rights revoked, right when the one called Crump got the boot. Wherever he goes he causes dissension.

There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB.
The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed.
There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
#4308958 - 11/04/16 02:04 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: David_OC]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David_OC
I do agree here that ED's forum could be a lot better and more open but it's still "Their" forum so they can set rules as they like.

Translation: [i]"Their forum could be better but it's *their" forum so they can nuke anyone they like and there's nothing you can do about it."
Agreed. It is their forum and they can fix it or run it to the ground. We all know where they're going with it. biggrin

Originally Posted By: David_OC
As for Wags, I don't think ED would be on the way to where they are now or will be if it wasn't for Wags, just my opinion and how I see it.

Again, agreed. They are where they are no partly due to Wags' help. Without him, with a different, better person, they might well be further forward than where they are now. biggrin

Wow! David_OC posting some sense for once! Bravo!

- Ice
#4308967 - 11/04/16 02:35 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
SkateZilla Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
SkateZilla  Offline
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran

Virginia Beach, VA
If you believe Wags isnt Qualified to be in the position he's in I Suggest you look at his Previous Projects and work before coming to Eagle Dynamics.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
#4308970 - 11/04/16 02:51 PM Re: From "Banned" to "Posting Rights Revoked" [Re: Force10]  
LOF_Rugg Offline
LOF_Rugg  Offline

Wags has the qualifications. No doubt. He's just a tool as a human being. BTW, that statement hasn't broken any rules here as he's not a member on this site.

Last edited by LOF_Rugg; 11/04/16 02:52 PM.
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.