Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4304881 - 10/20/16 07:46 PM Check your mods carefully.  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Going over my personal mod collection and ensuring compatibility with WOFF UE.
Take nothing for granted and check the files line by line.
Not unexpectedly there have been changes to many of the key files that are usually altered that make things happen.

#4304889 - 10/20/16 07:54 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Too many vague revisions and improvements mentioned in the features list. I would advise not to play with any MODS except for mission editor and BLETCHLEY's mission files which seem to be supported.

Find out what is missing and then use the MOD to fill that gap is what I would do.

#4304896 - 10/20/16 08:27 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
I have been putting the files side by side (modded and unmodded) and when I see any difference then I mod the UE file.
An example would be the awesome (Bucksnort's?) "Random Delayed Engine Start" mod.
The simulation.xml has definitely changed so I use the UE file as the mod base.

#4304898 - 10/20/16 08:42 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
77_Scout Offline
77_Scout  Offline

Vancouver Island, Canada
My "WOFF News Mod" seems to work fine, which is not surprising as it is just some simple text and picture files.

#4304899 - 10/20/16 08:44 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Yes thank you for the confirmation.
I looked at your files and UE and all looked fine.
It's a keeper!
Thanks!

#4304901 - 10/20/16 08:56 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Your news mod is the first i install on any upgrade Scout.
Its a brilliant mod

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4304903 - 10/20/16 09:03 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Vague indeed.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4304922 - 10/20/16 09:51 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
gaw1 Offline
gaw1  Offline

Crikey....so many weirdos...can't we just enjoy the new #%&*$# before we badmouth the issues. First time I've had to dial in the "ignore this user" option. STFU......play the game you're given!! It's outstanding....nice job devs!!

#4304924 - 10/20/16 09:54 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Eh?

#4304926 - 10/20/16 09:55 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Bad mouth issues?
Like a delayed engine start for your flight giving you 10 seconds time to look around, check out the beautiful field, and make cockpit adjustments? A few more news articles being displayed?
This is tearing the heart and soul out of UE?
STFU and play your own damn game.

#4304946 - 10/20/16 11:02 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

What is with the snarky comments and profanity around here the last couple of days? Very out of keeping with the usual positive discussions and ideas we share in this forum. Come on folks, let's get back to the civility and camaraderie we are normally blessed with.

Lou

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4304954 - 10/20/16 11:17 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF28Jenks Offline
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'
RAF28Jenks  Offline
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'

Kentucky
Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert

What is with the snarky comments and profanity around here the last couple of days? Very out of keeping with the usual positive discussions and ideas we share in this forum. Come on folks, let's get back to the civility and camaraderie we are normally blessed with.

Lou

Seconded!
thumbsup

RAF28Jenks
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
RBWL 3 - 2002

#4304957 - 10/20/16 11:27 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Thirded!

#4304962 - 10/20/16 11:43 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Agree 100% Lou there,es been a bit of mud slinging around the last few days. I believe its come from the "Any chance of being able to buy just the new UE extras thread"
Its all about opinions absolutely,what might seem a fair price to one person isn,t the same to another.
Some of us felt that in our opinions WOFF UE was a little overpriced considering we already owned WOFF 1,2 +3 all the addons,skinpack before it came free. And asked why the discount code was only for purchasers of WOFF 3 after mid July. IMO a fair point to ask

For the thread to be told to "put up or shut up" and "Why don't you work for it and earn it if you want it"
well for me that beggars belief.

Im actually still fuming about those comments..If all the forum members could all afford this magnificent sim then we,d all be playing it,and sharing more vids,shots etc.

like ive said in my previous posts i sincerely wish every single one of you WOFF UE,s new and old members the very best. Ive never had a bad word for anyone. OBD i admire greatly has i do you fantastic modders who have turned this game into the finest sim ive ever owned.

But i agree Lou its time to stop the snarky comments..if i personnally want that id go over to some of the Steam forums..no ta

All the best lads
cheers

We will remember them.
#4304965 - 10/21/16 12:06 AM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Adger, I totally understand the feelings of loyal OFF/WOFF followers who now have to pay the same price for the latest upgrades and improvements as a newcomer to the sim will pay for everything. It doesn't seem fair. I am glad to see that the devs have extended the discount to all current owners of WOFF 3 as this will certainly help ease some of those feelings of unfairness. That being said, I've personally always looked at what I pay for the various WOFF additions and upgrades as a donation to a very small team that has been working for years to give us the best WWI combat flight sim ever created, bar none. But I know I am also lucky at this point in my life to have the funds to do this without it coming down to a choice between purchasing WOFF or food for the week. I've been there and I can truly appreciate that situation.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4304967 - 10/21/16 12:17 AM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Adger, I totally understand the feelings of loyal OFF/WOFF followers who now have to pay the same price for the latest upgrades and improvements as a newcomer to the sim will pay for everything. It doesn't seem fair. I am glad to see that the devs have extended the discount to all current owners of WOFF 3 as this will certainly help ease some of those feelings of unfairness. That being said, I've personally always looked at what I pay for the various WOFF additions and upgrades as a donation to a very small team that has been working for years to give us the best WWI combat flight sim ever created, bar none. But I know I am also lucky at this point in my life to have the funds to do this without it coming down to a choice between purchasing WOFF or food for the week. I've been there and I can truly appreciate that situation.

Absolutely Lou and its comments like yours and Hellshades and others that make this Forum a real good place to be 99% of the time. The positivity here massively outweighs any negativity. A great post mate which i absolutely agree with. cheers

We will remember them.
#4304968 - 10/21/16 12:18 AM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida

+1 Lou. I could not have said it better.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4304973 - 10/21/16 12:56 AM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Since I am the, apparent source, of some of this negativity you need worry no longer.
And don't worry - this isn't a post full of drama.
Since you referenced my earlier comments I guess that opens the door for a response.

This isn't some touchy-feelly post in that I regret nothing that I said.

What I regret is wasting it on a company that didn't ask to be defended nor do they deserve to be.
They are in existence to make money nothing more and therefore undeserving of anything but my money.
As long as they continue to put out a product worth my money they will get it. When they don't they won't. Easy.

I'll still be around though enjoying things and contributing, when asked, what little I may and perhaps asking a question or two. But ultimately I am here for me and whatever is needed to maximize my enjoyment of my paid product that, for good or ill, is right now the only game in town. And there are many players here who do deserve my loyalty by the years of help and assistance they have given me and this community - you know who you are.
So let's all have fun with whatever version you may end up with and hopefully it contributes to a better understanding and interest of that fascinating and glorious period of history and the sacrifice made by aviators on all sides.
Say what you want, do what you want, whatever, but have fun. Life is too short to be wasted on stupid things, people, and companies. It's an airplane game eh? Fly and have fun.

#4304974 - 10/21/16 12:59 AM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Mr_Dirt Offline
Mr_Dirt  Offline

Missouri USA
Very nice Lou. I to have been around since the very first going pains of Off. I have every version of OFF and all of the addons. I have always felt the Devs have never been properly paid for all their hard work and dreams. I have even paid twice for several parts of OFF due to hard drive issues. Pol offered to refund one of my payments, but I felt it was a small price to pay for the time and enjoyment I delved from the Sim. I was late buying the WOFF 3. But I ended up on the WOFF website and saw the new version. I had not been playing much WOFF, but I had to have the new version and all off the addons. I brought them all that day. I will buy the UE version soon. I to have come to the point in my life where I can afford the tings I want, but I to know the agony of not getting something I wanted because the bills must be paid first. It is not fun but the harsh reality of life. I do know that the very first OFF programs were free when I could not even afford a decent computer to run them, but the hours of enjoyment were great. The other thing I know is that the Devs were always there to help with problems or to give us upgrades. I cannot imagine the hours they spent on this program, I just get the pleasure of enjoying it. I do not fly as much as I used too, there are so many things to do. I do know that this game and this forum full of fine gentlemen has always been a place of refuge when I need it. There are still many of the old people who have been here from the start, that is a comfort. I hope this place continues to be the place it has always been. Iwant to thank all the Devs for their hard work, but I also want the wonderful gentlemen here on this forum, for without you there would be no place worth going to discuss this fine sim we have. THANK YOU ALL!

Last edited by Mr_Dirt; 10/21/16 01:16 AM.
#4304989 - 10/21/16 03:01 AM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: Mr_Dirt]  
BirdDogICT Offline
BirdDogICT  Offline

Amen, Mr. Dirt. I think everyone shares those sentiments.

There are no accidents and no fatal flaws in the machines; there are only pilots with the wrong stuff.

— Tom Wolfe, The Right Stuff,1979.
#4305054 - 10/21/16 10:19 AM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
There has been no need for any of this recent squabbling... most of us are older guys, not young teenagers.
I always enjoyed coming to this forum because of it's good natured mature banter with like minded enthusiasts... it was a haven away from some of the other forums that seem to spout ill will at any given opportunity if you so much as uttered a word against their pet game.

I was quite shocked, truth be told to see things rapidly go down hill because a poster questioned the cost of the UE... also, people being told to STFU just because they were asking about mod compatibility? Do we really want to see this safe haven going down the route of so many others?

Anyway, I'm with Adger, for someone like me, who hasn't worked for the last 20 months, but still has bills to meet, the price was too steep frown
So I will be taking advantage of the dev's kind offer to discount the game to all WoFF 3 pilots... (thank you Adger for bringing this up)

Sorry for going on, but please chaps, let's not have another episode of negativity just because people have different views... I love this place smile

Edit... the game gods have smiled on me. My daughters have given me the funds as an early birthday present, a month early whoohoo The UE is mine!

Last edited by Trooper117; 10/21/16 01:14 PM.
#4305123 - 10/21/16 12:36 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
Thank you for this Trooper! The toxic environment that pervaded the ROF forum was what brought me to WOFF. We don't need to have thought police, but we should insist on civility.

Well said, mate!

#4305127 - 10/21/16 01:02 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: Raine]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted By: Raine
Thank you for this Trooper! The toxic environment that pervaded the ROF forum was what brought me to WOFF. We don't need to have thought police, but we should insist on civility.

Well said, mate!

When people love something so much, passions will always be high. Sometimes even the best of us will forget our manners then when our expectations aren't met. Certainly that has been true of me in my own life. My sincere hope though is that some of the sharper responses made while emotions were still riding high will soon be water under the bridge and we can let them pass, instead of carrying them forward.

As many have noted, the past day or so on this forum has been unusual in it's tone. I think that is the very thing that we need to bear in mind. It is unusual. It is not the norm. It is my sincere hope that despite our differing opinions, we will not make it the norm by holding grudges due to hurtful words said in the heat of frustration when we are not our usual selves.

We may be barmy but we are still gentlemen, one and all. Let us raise a glass to our differences and settle them in the sky, as proper gentlemen do.

cheers

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4305131 - 10/21/16 01:15 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Geesh boys relax. All is fine.
Group hug if needed.

#4305132 - 10/21/16 01:16 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
You are not hugging me you big ox! biggrin

#4305133 - 10/21/16 01:18 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Awww...you sure?
I'll shave extra close!

#4305528 - 10/22/16 08:04 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Sandbagger Offline
Hotshot
Sandbagger  Offline
Hotshot

Coningsby, Lincs, UK
Keep it clean guys - don't want to start having to moderate posts grrr

[Linked Image]

Alienware Aurora R5
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7-6700K 4.2Ghz
Two GTX 1080 Foundations in SLI (8 Gig each)
32 Gig DDR4 2133Mhz
1TB SSD boot drive - 1TB SATA storage drive
5.1 Surround Sound
34" Dell Ultra Sharp U3415W (3440x 2440)
CH Pro-Pedals, Stick and Throttle
TrackIR-5 Pro
#4305582 - 10/22/16 11:53 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
CW3SF Offline
CW3SF  Offline

colorado & arizona
The reason Lou is so happy is he was not assigned to IaShimia ( spelling ) where after 5 months most "diddy boppers" tried to get a date with a fur seal.

Some of the "new comers" have not faced the slings and arrows we have in trying to get a great WW1 sim.

In my case it started in 2002 with "wings with wires" - lots of hope but it was a no go!

WOFF is what I do along with CIV 5 --- Talk about $$$ check out CIV 6 with all of the bells and whistles.

My cost for WOFF must be some where less than 1 cent per hour -- or so!

And another thing ( rant on dude ) we retired military have not had worthy COLA increase for years.

So if I can get allong with buying WOFF,donating to WOFF, and going to Dayton to show off WOFF on my "dime"
"Suck it Up" and become one of our welcomed guest.
Some of you youngsters might have to google "diddy boppers".

The "Old Geezer"

Origin made- silverstone case,ASUS Max VI Extreme , CPU intel Core i7 4770k, cooling asotex 570LC, NVIDA 3G GTX 780 Ti , Mem 16GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 ,game drive 120GB INTEL X25 SS, OS drive 1TB, Win 7 home Prem.Logitech G105 key board,BenQ XL2430 Gaming Monitor.
All pilots owe me a beer. Retired USAF Rescue/Survival, Special Forces, and MI (after I got old and grey).
#4305677 - 10/23/16 12:40 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Updated Realistic tracers effects mod to be FULLY compatible with WOFF UE now (hopefully).
Sorry for my previous overlook and if you use this mod, download an updated version, pls.

#4305690 - 10/23/16 02:06 PM Re: Check your mods carefully. [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Burning_Beard Offline
Burning_Beard  Offline

Red Bluff, CA
The Army used to say there was a girl behind every tree at Shimia, they also had a forced R & R after six months to keep you from going crazy. I worked with lots of Ditty Boppers.

Beard

More Scotch and Stogies for my Wingman!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM