Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4298737 - 09/24/16 09:39 PM Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - Now Available! *****  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Greetings All,

Available just in time for Christmas, here is the download link for my WOFF UE Farnborough Mod:

Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory for WOFF UE

Once you have the file downloaded simply unzip it, open the folder, and run the auto-installer and it should place the mod directly into your JSGME "MODS" folder. From there you can activate it via your JSGME control panel. Once you have it up and running you should see something like this when flying from Farnborough:

To use this as part of your fledgling RFC or RNAS pilot's training I recommend running QC missions that will allow you to mimic the same type of sorties our RL counterparts engaged in. Those would be take-offs and landings, general flying and stunting practice, and cross-country navigation. Also, the chalk circle on the field was used to practice dead stick landings and the way this was done was to shut off your engine a mile or two from the field and then glide down and land, coming to a stop somewhere within the circle. I can tell you from my own experience that it takes practice to do it consistently.

Oh, and a word of caution, be mindful of Sgt. Browdy's dog, he tends to wander about on the landing field, (the dog that is, not Sgt. Browdy).

Give it a go Gents and let me know what you think.

Cheers!

Lou

Last edited by RAF_Louvert; 12/17/16 03:23 PM. Reason: update and download link added

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4298746 - 09/24/16 10:07 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Hayle55 Offline
Hayle55  Offline

Dang! That is absolutely amazing. Great job.

COYW
#4298755 - 09/24/16 10:35 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Lou,you are the President of the Barmy OFFers Club - and with great justice you are!

I guess it is not WOFF's fault when even modern computers find it hard to present the sim
inclusive all the many mods that were made with so much detail.
It must be the sluggish progress of mankind that's a bit slow, trying to catch up with WOFF. pilot

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4298768 - 09/24/16 11:25 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Olham, barmy is as barmy does. As for mankind's sluggish progress, any forward motion is better than none.

Hayle55, glad you like it so far. Still hours and hours of work left to do on it but the basic outline is there.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.

#4298795 - 09/25/16 12:48 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Geez Lou, you are a glutton for punishment! Speaking of having four facilities and all that goes with it, I hope it doesn't create a huge FPS hit. Might be wise to monitor this as you go. It is definitely looking good though.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4298797 - 09/25/16 12:55 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Thanks Robert, glad you like it so far. Yes, I am being very mindful to keep the number of objects under control. The two southern facilities will have very few objects apart from trees, and the northwest facility works out to be the same as any of the current stock dromes in terms of object count. It's really only the factory facility that I have to keep close tabs on.

[Linked Image]

#4298816 - 09/25/16 02:03 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Mr_Dirt Offline
Mr_Dirt  Offline

Missouri USA
Great work Lou we all owe you a debt of gratitude for your hard work! Thanks

#4298879 - 09/25/16 11:46 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
If this is a form of madness, I say "Let the madness continue!" Lou your work is amazing. Your continual contributions to the community and the sim are a huge blessing. Thank you. Rock on, good sir.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4298885 - 09/25/16 12:32 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Hauksbee Offline
Hauksbee  Offline

DeForest, Wisconsin
Nice going, Lou. Soon I'll have Maurice-Farmin Shorthorns and Longhorns ready for you.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
#4298936 - 09/25/16 04:28 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Thanks gents for the kudos and the encouragement, it is much appreciated. Hauksbee, I look forward to trying out those static planes you are building and Farnborough, as well as the CFS, will be the perfect places to give them a go.

I discovered this morning as I continued to work on this project that I will be able to drop one of the facilities. I thought I was going to need the fourth one for the western edge but as I pushed the road and hangars east to line up properly on the airship sheds it turned out I did not need it after all. And there was much rejoicing!

I have updated the screenshot in the first post to show the latest progress. It it really starting to fill in now.

[Linked Image]

#4298944 - 09/25/16 04:45 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Looking very nice Lou and glad to hear you could drop one more facility. It all helps on performance.

Oh, and by the way, Mushroom Ward was asking me if you have set up quarters for him on that airfield yet, as he plans to drop in some time in the near future! He said something about standing you for a round, if I recall rightly! biggrin

(System_Specs)

#4298953 - 09/25/16 05:15 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Dezh Offline
Vice President Barmy OFFers Club
Dezh  Offline
Vice President Barmy OFFers Club

Hampshire, United Kingdom
Puttin' the eggs on my RE8 already. Fantastic work Lou.

Oh that I was back in the dear old PBI.
With no more Triplanes on me tail, nor tracer tracing by.
And no more flames and clickerty-clack and no more blooming sky,
And only a couple of feet to fall whenever I want to die.

No. 56 Squadron Song
#4298960 - 09/25/16 05:37 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Glad you like it Dej. And please try to keep the damage to a minimum when you pay a visit with your egged up Harry Tate.

Robert, Mushroom has a corner room on the second floor with a lovely view of the woods and the morning sun.

[Linked Image]

#4298968 - 09/25/16 06:50 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Glad you like it Dej. And please try to keep the damage to a minimum when you pay a visit with your egged up Harry Tate.

Robert, Mushroom has a corner room on the second floor with a lovely view of the woods and the morning sun.

Thanks Lou, He will be very pleased! He loves walking in the woods and collecting mushrooms! yep

(System_Specs)

#4307523 - 10/30/16 03:59 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Hello All,

Just a quick update on this project. I've had very little free time as of late but I have been spending a bit of it trying to get Farnborough closer to done. I am currently blending it into the surrounding landscape and messing things up a bit so it does not look quite so sterile.

(right click on image and open in new window to view it full sized)

Slowly but surly it is moving along towards completion.

Later folks.

[Linked Image]

#4307532 - 10/30/16 04:51 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Raine Online content
Raine  Online Content

New Brunswick, Canada
Lou, this looks amazing. One of the small updates I'd love to see is to have England as a selectable region in the transfer process, allowing pilots well into their careers to transfer to Home Establishment. That way we would be able to enjoy your excellent work more often.

Thank you for your dedication and terrific work.

#4307538 - 10/30/16 05:11 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: Raine]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Originally Posted By: Raine

Thank you for your dedication and terrific work.

+1

Transfers of this type in campaign are possible with mission editor. Where you can choose any aerodrome to fly from and also have a solo flight. JJJ's ME is a powerful tool which can customize almost anything in a campaign mission (i.e. your flight hours will count towards the campaign total) and are easy to set up once you learn the ropes of navigating the ME.

#4307542 - 10/30/16 05:25 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
+2

#4307683 - 10/31/16 12:45 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Thanks for the encouragement and the kudos Raine, OldHat, and Duke, it is much appreciated. I agree that having the ability to assign pilots to Home Establishment would be wonderful as a standard part of WOFF, let's hope that someday soon it will be. But for now, as noted by OldHat, the ME works fine if you take just a bit of time to learn its ways.

I was able to spend another couple of hours on this project last night and I've update the above image to show the latest tweaks.

[Linked Image]

#4307693 - 10/31/16 01:18 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
RAF:
You talk about the object count limit per file, what is that count limit if you do not mind.

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again