Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4298737 - 09/24/16 09:39 PM Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - Now Available! *****  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Greetings All,

Available just in time for Christmas, here is the download link for my WOFF UE Farnborough Mod:

Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory for WOFF UE

Once you have the file downloaded simply unzip it, open the folder, and run the auto-installer and it should place the mod directly into your JSGME "MODS" folder. From there you can activate it via your JSGME control panel. Once you have it up and running you should see something like this when flying from Farnborough:

To use this as part of your fledgling RFC or RNAS pilot's training I recommend running QC missions that will allow you to mimic the same type of sorties our RL counterparts engaged in. Those would be take-offs and landings, general flying and stunting practice, and cross-country navigation. Also, the chalk circle on the field was used to practice dead stick landings and the way this was done was to shut off your engine a mile or two from the field and then glide down and land, coming to a stop somewhere within the circle. I can tell you from my own experience that it takes practice to do it consistently.

Oh, and a word of caution, be mindful of Sgt. Browdy's dog, he tends to wander about on the landing field, (the dog that is, not Sgt. Browdy).

Give it a go Gents and let me know what you think.

Cheers!

Lou

Last edited by RAF_Louvert; 12/17/16 03:23 PM. Reason: update and download link added

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4298746 - 09/24/16 10:07 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Hayle55 Offline
Hayle55  Offline

Dang! That is absolutely amazing. Great job.

COYW
#4298755 - 09/24/16 10:35 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Lou,you are the President of the Barmy OFFers Club - and with great justice you are!

I guess it is not WOFF's fault when even modern computers find it hard to present the sim
inclusive all the many mods that were made with so much detail.
It must be the sluggish progress of mankind that's a bit slow, trying to catch up with WOFF. pilot

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4298768 - 09/24/16 11:25 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Olham, barmy is as barmy does. As for mankind's sluggish progress, any forward motion is better than none.

Hayle55, glad you like it so far. Still hours and hours of work left to do on it but the basic outline is there.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.

#4298795 - 09/25/16 12:48 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Geez Lou, you are a glutton for punishment! Speaking of having four facilities and all that goes with it, I hope it doesn't create a huge FPS hit. Might be wise to monitor this as you go. It is definitely looking good though.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4298797 - 09/25/16 12:55 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Thanks Robert, glad you like it so far. Yes, I am being very mindful to keep the number of objects under control. The two southern facilities will have very few objects apart from trees, and the northwest facility works out to be the same as any of the current stock dromes in terms of object count. It's really only the factory facility that I have to keep close tabs on.

[Linked Image]

#4298816 - 09/25/16 02:03 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Mr_Dirt Offline
Mr_Dirt  Offline

Missouri USA
Great work Lou we all owe you a debt of gratitude for your hard work! Thanks

#4298879 - 09/25/16 11:46 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
If this is a form of madness, I say "Let the madness continue!" Lou your work is amazing. Your continual contributions to the community and the sim are a huge blessing. Thank you. Rock on, good sir.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4298885 - 09/25/16 12:32 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Hauksbee Offline
Hauksbee  Offline

DeForest, Wisconsin
Nice going, Lou. Soon I'll have Maurice-Farmin Shorthorns and Longhorns ready for you.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
#4298936 - 09/25/16 04:28 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Thanks gents for the kudos and the encouragement, it is much appreciated. Hauksbee, I look forward to trying out those static planes you are building and Farnborough, as well as the CFS, will be the perfect places to give them a go.

I discovered this morning as I continued to work on this project that I will be able to drop one of the facilities. I thought I was going to need the fourth one for the western edge but as I pushed the road and hangars east to line up properly on the airship sheds it turned out I did not need it after all. And there was much rejoicing!

I have updated the screenshot in the first post to show the latest progress. It it really starting to fill in now.

[Linked Image]

#4298944 - 09/25/16 04:45 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Looking very nice Lou and glad to hear you could drop one more facility. It all helps on performance.

Oh, and by the way, Mushroom Ward was asking me if you have set up quarters for him on that airfield yet, as he plans to drop in some time in the near future! He said something about standing you for a round, if I recall rightly! biggrin

(System_Specs)

#4298953 - 09/25/16 05:15 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Dezh Offline
Vice President Barmy OFFers Club
Dezh  Offline
Vice President Barmy OFFers Club

Hampshire, United Kingdom
Puttin' the eggs on my RE8 already. Fantastic work Lou.

Oh that I was back in the dear old PBI.
With no more Triplanes on me tail, nor tracer tracing by.
And no more flames and clickerty-clack and no more blooming sky,
And only a couple of feet to fall whenever I want to die.

No. 56 Squadron Song
#4298960 - 09/25/16 05:37 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Glad you like it Dej. And please try to keep the damage to a minimum when you pay a visit with your egged up Harry Tate.

Robert, Mushroom has a corner room on the second floor with a lovely view of the woods and the morning sun.

[Linked Image]

#4298968 - 09/25/16 06:50 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Glad you like it Dej. And please try to keep the damage to a minimum when you pay a visit with your egged up Harry Tate.

Robert, Mushroom has a corner room on the second floor with a lovely view of the woods and the morning sun.

Thanks Lou, He will be very pleased! He loves walking in the woods and collecting mushrooms! yep

(System_Specs)

#4307523 - 10/30/16 03:59 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Hello All,

Just a quick update on this project. I've had very little free time as of late but I have been spending a bit of it trying to get Farnborough closer to done. I am currently blending it into the surrounding landscape and messing things up a bit so it does not look quite so sterile.

(right click on image and open in new window to view it full sized)

Slowly but surly it is moving along towards completion.

Later folks.

[Linked Image]

#4307532 - 10/30/16 04:51 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
Lou, this looks amazing. One of the small updates I'd love to see is to have England as a selectable region in the transfer process, allowing pilots well into their careers to transfer to Home Establishment. That way we would be able to enjoy your excellent work more often.

Thank you for your dedication and terrific work.

#4307538 - 10/30/16 05:11 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: Raine]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Originally Posted By: Raine

Thank you for your dedication and terrific work.

+1

Transfers of this type in campaign are possible with mission editor. Where you can choose any aerodrome to fly from and also have a solo flight. JJJ's ME is a powerful tool which can customize almost anything in a campaign mission (i.e. your flight hours will count towards the campaign total) and are easy to set up once you learn the ropes of navigating the ME.

#4307542 - 10/30/16 05:25 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
+2

#4307683 - 10/31/16 12:45 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Thanks for the encouragement and the kudos Raine, OldHat, and Duke, it is much appreciated. I agree that having the ability to assign pilots to Home Establishment would be wonderful as a standard part of WOFF, let's hope that someday soon it will be. But for now, as noted by OldHat, the ME works fine if you take just a bit of time to learn its ways.

I was able to spend another couple of hours on this project last night and I've update the above image to show the latest tweaks.

[Linked Image]

#4307693 - 10/31/16 01:18 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
RAF:
You talk about the object count limit per file, what is that count limit if you do not mind.

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
#4307696 - 10/31/16 01:30 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

PR, at the latest tally there are:

33 objects in facility #1, which contains everything from the airship hangars out to the speed course
142 objects in facilty #2, which is the entire factory complex
47 objects in facility #3, which is everything around the main landing area

The above numbers include the trees I've placed as well.

[Linked Image]

#4307782 - 10/31/16 05:35 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
So if I understand you correctly, you can have at least 142 objects in the .xml file.

Do you know the upper limit, and what happens if you exceed that limit ???

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
#4307800 - 10/31/16 06:54 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Actually PR, you can have a lot more than that but right at the moment I don't remember what the max number is. Of course, it is still about total pixel count rather than how many objects you are attempting to load when it comes to overall impact to FPS.

As to what will happen if you exceed the object count limit in a facility file, I believe it simply won't load any more after the cutoff.

[Linked Image]

#4307820 - 10/31/16 07:33 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
I was just wondering, since I plan on populating each of your new airfields once you release them for us to use and I did not want to exceed the total item count. biggrin

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
#4307992 - 11/01/16 11:41 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

How do you know they won't already be populated when I release them? winkngrin

BTW, does it appear to anyone else that all of Geezer's figures and such are already in the appropriate WOFF UE folders, or am I only seeing them because I loaded and unloaded PR's work via the mod installer and it left them behind?

[Linked Image]

#4308000 - 11/01/16 11:51 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
JFM Offline
JFM  Offline

Naples, FL
That looks fantastic! It's a great preview for how good your Johannisthal airfield will look when finished!

What, you don't remember telling me about that in Dayton? It was over by that desert table. You were probably distracted by the baklava and just don't remember.

biggrin

#4308002 - 11/01/16 12:09 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
If you populate them, it just saves me from doing it. biggrin

As for Geezer's models, all the stock fields are still sterile, so I would say that the JSGME "hick-upped" and left the models in when you deactivated the Airfield Models folder. It does not happen often, but I have seen it do this in the past every few years.

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
#4308003 - 11/01/16 12:11 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Originally Posted By: JFM
That looks fantastic! It's a great preview for how good your Johannisthal airfield will look when finished!

What, you don't remember telling me about that in Dayton? It was over by that desert table. You were probably distracted by the baklava and just don't remember.

biggrin

mmmmmmm, baklava - well - OK Jim - I mean, if that's what I agreed to. Damned dessert table! Not the first time that it's been my undoing.

[Linked Image]

#4308004 - 11/01/16 12:13 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

PR, thanks for checking that. Apparently my mod installer is not doing its job properly as it left all of Geezer's items in my UE install. Not that it affects anything, but I do wonder why it did that.

[Linked Image]

#4308009 - 11/01/16 12:36 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
As one article I read several years ago stated "it is truly amazing with all the software on modern PC's, that everything works the vast majority of times in spite of the conflicts and incomplete coding".

Like I said above, in all the years I have used the JSGME, it may have happened to me twice where the JSGME "hick-upped" and did not clear out all the mods that I had deactivated. I consider that a very small price for the benefit of using that great piece of software.

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
#4308012 - 11/01/16 12:50 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

I agree completely PR, the JSGME mod enabler is super and I have been using it with great success for years. It's very seldom that it ever acts up at all.

[Linked Image]

#4308018 - 11/01/16 01:00 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Same here!

#4308114 - 11/01/16 06:36 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HarryH Offline
HarryH  Offline

Lou, your work on Farnborough is looking amazing! I used to live about 10 miles away from there, in SE London.

Inspired, I did a quick search for Farnborough and very quickly turned up this wonderful story along with an incredible pic of the pilot logbook!.... http://www.farnborough-kent-parish.org.uk/village_memorial_someone.html

H

System: i5 8600K @ 3.6GHz,16GB DDR4 @2666MHz. RTX2080, MSI Z370 mobo, Dell 27" G-SYNC @ 144Hz. 2560x1440

#4308118 - 11/01/16 06:47 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
HarryH Offline
HarryH  Offline

...but I realize now, that wasn't where the Farnborough facility that you are so splendidly recreating was located. It was actually in Hampshire! Different Farnborough smile

H

System: i5 8600K @ 3.6GHz,16GB DDR4 @2666MHz. RTX2080, MSI Z370 mobo, Dell 27" G-SYNC @ 144Hz. 2560x1440

#4308325 - 11/02/16 01:54 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
RAF:
Is this going to be a mod, or official part of WOFF UE ???

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
#4309464 - 11/06/16 12:48 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

PR, I will likely be offering this and the Central Flying School at Upavon as mods and use a couple of my generic British dromes in UE for both so that folks can choose to load these when they want to via the mod enabler. Since most folks won't be flying in England all that often I don't see a need to be eating up resources to generate either Farnborough or Upavon unless you are actually going to see them.

HarryH, thanks for the encouraging words, glad you like the effort thus far.

I returned home from my latest road trip yesterday and had some time last night and this morning to continue work on the project. I now have the OR's barracks and campground done as well as the officer's quarters and mess. I also added in the boggy area that was situated at the southeast corner of the main field and which, during the rainy season, could spread up and onto the southern end of the actual landing area and cause some issues for an unwitting pilot. Here are a few screenies showing how the place now looks.

(right-click on an image and open it in a new window to view it full size)

Looking to the south.

Looking to the east.

Looking to the west.

Looking to the north.

A view showing off the bog and the OR's camp.

Later all, off to do a bit of flying!

[Linked Image]

#4309471 - 11/06/16 01:08 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
thumbsup

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
#4309482 - 11/06/16 01:49 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Mr_Dirt Offline
Mr_Dirt  Offline

Missouri USA
Great Work!. as always nothing short of excellent Lou!

#4309598 - 11/06/16 10:53 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
cptroyce Offline
cptroyce  Offline

Great work Lou..You have made some wonderful additions to WOFF! Thanks !

#4318999 - 12/11/16 12:50 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Greetings All,

Here is a quick update for those of you wondering about my Farnborough mod. Despite RL being crazy busy I have continued to plug away at this monster facility and have in fact sent it to Robert Wiggins for some testing. If everything goes well in that regard all I'll have left are a couple of the winter textures to build. Once those are done I'll ask Robert to work his magic and package it up as a JSGME install and, hopefully, I'll have it available in time for Christmas for you folks. Here is a screenshot of how it has finally shaped up:

(right-click on image and open it in a new window to view it full size)

While they don't show in the above shot there are a fair number of Geezer's figures and airfield objects included. Many thanks again Sir for the use of these most excellent items.

Later everyone!

Lou

[Linked Image]

#4319006 - 12/11/16 01:23 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
Lou, this is breathtaking! Amazing work. Now if we only had a Maurice Farman for our training missions...

#4319024 - 12/11/16 03:29 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Mr_Dirt Offline
Mr_Dirt  Offline

Missouri USA
Great work as always Lou, many thanks for your hard and excellent work!

#4319029 - 12/11/16 04:07 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
I am working with Lou on testing this mod and should have a vid posted here in the next couple of hours. (takes forever to upload these things to YouTube!!)

It is truly an amazing airfield to fly by as you will soon see.

(System_Specs)

#4319035 - 12/11/16 04:53 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Many thanks gents, I think you are going to enjoy this one. I have to head out for a while but here are a few teasers for you all:

(right-click on images and open in new windows to view full size)

Repair and rigging hangars north of the air ship sheds.

Test and training hangars west of air ship sheds.

Training hangars on west edge of southern field.

Training hangars on the east edge of the southern field.

The Officers' Camp.

The OR's Camp.

A pastoral view.

[Linked Image]

#4319039 - 12/11/16 04:58 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF? Madness! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF28Jenks Offline
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'
RAF28Jenks  Offline
Barmy Aviator Ordinaire'

Kentucky
WOW Lou! jawdrop

Amazing! Can't wait to take a tour in game!
Thanks for all your work sir. Would love to get with you on some city/town projects sometime.

Cheers

RAF28Jenks
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
RBWL 3 - 2002

#4319060 - 12/11/16 08:29 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Ok, so here is a vid of Lou's Farnborough mod:

You may note some occasional white triangles appearing in scenes where there is quick panning. That is not due to Lou's mod but rather due to my tuning issues with Nvidia.

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 12/11/16 08:31 PM.

(System_Specs)

#4319070 - 12/11/16 09:55 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
Blue triangles happen between 1,000 ft. and 1,500 ft. while looking sideways or rearward and have been there for years.

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
#4319080 - 12/11/16 11:45 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: Panama Red]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Panama Red
Blue triangles happen between 1,000 ft. and 1,500 ft. while looking sideways or rearward and have been there for years.

I don't want to steal this thread but I would like to know the "WHY" ABOUT THE TRIANGLES.

(System_Specs)

#4319083 - 12/12/16 12:24 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
You and me both, brother!

Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
#4319091 - 12/12/16 01:46 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Fullofit Offline
Fullofit  Offline

Ajax, ON
Great work, Lou. If I were wearing a hat, it would be off right now. Also, thank you to Robert for the video. Love the smoke from the factory. wink
Question: will the airplanes change with the time period? Also, would be cool to see some dirigibles inside the hangars.

As to the blue triangles, the way I solved mine was by accident. I've read in one of OBD's FAQs that the triple buffering should be off. Mine was on, so I turned it off as directed and the triangles started popping up. I turned the triple buffering back on and never looked back. Well ... I look back all the time, but that's a totally different story.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."
#4319109 - 12/12/16 04:49 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: Fullofit]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Fullofit
Great work, Lou. If I were wearing a hat, it would be off right now. Also, thank you to Robert for the video. Love the smoke from the factory. wink
Question: will the airplanes change with the time period? Also, would be cool to see some dirigibles inside the hangars.

As to the blue triangles, the way I solved mine was by accident. I've read in one of OBD's FAQs that the triple buffering should be off. Mine was on, so I turned it off as directed and the triangles started popping up. I turned the triple buffering back on and never looked back. Well ... I look back all the time, but that's a totally different story.

Yes but I have triple buffering on and it has not eliminated the triangles for me but I get fewer of them.

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 12/12/16 04:50 AM.

(System_Specs)

#4319241 - 12/12/16 04:12 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
ArisFuser Offline
ArisFuser  Offline

Excellent piece of work, Lou.

#4319479 - 12/13/16 12:29 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Thank you all for the continued encouragement and kudos, much appreciated as always.

Originally Posted By: RAF28Jenks
... Would love to get with you on some city/town projects sometime.

Jenks, that would be an excellent project to look into. I learned while reworking the placement of all the factory facilities that they were originally meant to be towns and the factories were only serving as placeholders. If you look in the global layer files you will see that each factory entry has a specific town name attached to it.

To Farnborough, I am nearly done with the winter textures and if all goes well I am looking at wrapping up the project this coming weekend. Here is the place in the dead of winter:

(right-click on image and open it in a new window to view it full size)

I really REALLY like the new winter textures and trees in WOFF UE.

[Linked Image]

#4319515 - 12/13/16 01:53 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Excellent work, Lou, thank you. clapping

#4319575 - 12/13/16 06:03 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
Wow, Lou. That looks incredible. I agree the Winter tileset in UE is fantastic.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4319600 - 12/13/16 08:34 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
epower Offline
Artless Aide-de-camp
epower  Offline
Artless Aide-de-camp

Thank you for your ongoing work to enrich WOFF and for this latest extraordinary achievement.

Barkeep! More Grog for this man!

salute

Attached Files Flamer.jpgPeriwinkle.jpgTriplane.jpgAlb.jpgPeriwinkle.jpgBreakup.jpgChasing searchlight.jpgDawn and Moon.jpg3 SE and sunrise.jpgAlbs in.jpgAlb damaged diving.jpgexplode then auger.jpgBlomfield 200 Huns letter.jpgWorked out ok.jpgHangar smoking.jpg
Last edited by epower; 09/26/20 03:41 AM.
#4319959 - 12/15/16 02:38 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
Lou, I absolute love this work. Thank you!

Here is a question asked not to be greedy but out of genuine ignorance. Your maps show a number of landscape features which you added for historical value, but which are not in the game world (Mossy Face Wood, for example). Would it be a huge task to add some of the more significant ones as a mod one day?

Just wondering...

#4319994 - 12/15/16 11:06 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Raine, I am already working on doing just that very thing. smile2

Thanks again Gents for the thumbs up on Farnborough, it will be available to you all soon.

[Linked Image]

#4320042 - 12/15/16 03:07 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Mr_Dirt Offline
Mr_Dirt  Offline

Missouri USA
Lou thanks for all your hard work adding these great touches to an already great sim! We are not worthy jawdrop jawdrop

#4320249 - 12/16/16 12:55 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada

Raine, I am already working on doing just that very thing. smile2

Thanks again Gents for the thumbs up on Farnborough, it will be available to you all soon.

Lou, you deserve a special place in the Woff pantheon. Or a pint at the bar at least. You have made this history geek very happy.

#4320371 - 12/16/16 01:39 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Raine, if that special place is locked away in a windowless room down in the cellar with a sign on the door that reads in bold letters "BEWARE THE NUTTER", then you're likely correct.

As for Havrincourt Wood, a.k.a. "old Mossy Face", what I've sorted out is that it will require, conservatively, eight separate facilities to create. Because it will be nearly all trees I am still in the process of seeing what impact such a mass will have on frame rates. I can of course keep the trees to a minimum and create ground textures that will give the familiar appearance of the landmark from the air, which would be the primary purpose of such a mod. Still, I'd like to 'plant' as many trees as possible while keeping performance at a playable level.

[Linked Image]

#4320714 - 12/17/16 03:24 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

It's done, it's done! Please see the updated first post in this thread for the download link and latest info.

Cheers!

Lou

[Linked Image]

#4320723 - 12/17/16 03:59 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Looks absolutely brilliant Lou,thank you so much for this..I'm downloading now and will try it when the missus picks me up WOFF UE as my Christmas present. Thanks once again to all the modders that strive to make this great sim even better. And most of all thanks Winder and Pol and the rest of the OBD team for your continued work with WOFF.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4320725 - 12/17/16 04:00 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
mbarbaric Offline
mbarbaric  Offline

great work! much appreciated!

#4320762 - 12/17/16 06:40 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Mr_Dirt Offline
Mr_Dirt  Offline

Missouri USA
Thanks Lou much appreciated!

#4320770 - 12/17/16 07:03 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Sandbagger Offline
Hotshot
Sandbagger  Offline
Hotshot

Coningsby, Lincs, UK
Downloaded and installed - very impressed - well done Lou for the airfield and for the ever helpful JSGME program.
winner salute

[Linked Image]

Alienware Aurora R5
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7-6700K 4.2Ghz
Two GTX 1080 Foundations in SLI (8 Gig each)
32 Gig DDR4 2133Mhz
1TB SSD boot drive - 1TB SATA storage drive
5.1 Surround Sound
34" Dell Ultra Sharp U3415W (3440x 2440)
CH Pro-Pedals, Stick and Throttle
TrackIR-5 Pro
#4320775 - 12/17/16 07:35 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Lou, it's like a Merry Christmas Gift!

(System_Specs)

#4320829 - 12/17/16 11:43 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Thanks Gents, my pleasure. Do let me know how it runs for you all and what kind of impact it has on your FPS and performance.

By the way, have any of you yet to see the Sergeant's dog roaming about? smile2

[Linked Image]

#4320839 - 12/18/16 12:48 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Sandbagger Offline
Hotshot
Sandbagger  Offline
Hotshot

Coningsby, Lincs, UK
Hi Lou
FPS didn't seem to be affected at all - still hitting 60 FPS on my work station PC, which is less powerful than my gamer PC (see my signature).
Haven't seen the dog yet but I'll keep my eyes peeled yep

Last edited by Sandbagger; 12/18/16 12:49 AM.

[Linked Image]

Alienware Aurora R5
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7-6700K 4.2Ghz
Two GTX 1080 Foundations in SLI (8 Gig each)
32 Gig DDR4 2133Mhz
1TB SSD boot drive - 1TB SATA storage drive
5.1 Surround Sound
34" Dell Ultra Sharp U3415W (3440x 2440)
CH Pro-Pedals, Stick and Throttle
TrackIR-5 Pro
#4320841 - 12/18/16 12:56 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Same here as well. I don't think there's much traffic/activity over England like there is at the front, so this MOD should be perfect for training... Good Show Lou!

cheers

#4320847 - 12/18/16 01:54 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada

Thanks Gents, my pleasure. Do let me know how it runs for you all and what kind of impact it has on your FPS and performance.

By the way, have any of you yet to see the Sergeant's dog roaming about? smile2

YES!!! Damn thing was in the middle of the runway &^%$%*

(System_Specs)

#4320848 - 12/18/16 01:58 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

I hope you waited for him to get out of your way Robert. Sgt. Browdy would be most upset if you ran over his canine.

[Linked Image]

#4320910 - 12/18/16 10:37 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
ArisFuser Offline
ArisFuser  Offline

Posting here just to express my gratitude Lou, next round is on me.

#4321264 - 12/19/16 01:20 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

My pleasure ArisFuser. And since you've offered, a pinta' red, and park two fingers of Tullamore Dew 15 right beside it if you'd be so kind.

Also, please let me know how this runs for you once you have it all plugged in.

Happy flights!

[Linked Image]

#4321293 - 12/19/16 02:31 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
mbarbaric Offline
mbarbaric  Offline

hi,

i have "airfields - models for airfields 5.0" mod installed and when i want to install Farnborough JSGME reports:

Folder "OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\buildings\a_hangarl3" has already been added by the "0 - Airfields - Models for Airfields v5.0" mod.
"a_hangarl3.bdp" has already been altered by the "0 - Airfields - Models for Airfields v5.0" mod.

plus a ton of others.

is it safe to overwrite and use both or should i deinstall "airfields - models for airfields 5.0" before enabling Farnborough?

#4321332 - 12/19/16 03:08 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

mbarbaric, I recommend you disable any other airfield mods before loading another as there will be shared files. If you don't disable the other mods what will eventually happen is that you will end up with some of the shared files no longer being able to revert to their originals. One mod will save what it thinks is an original file but in reality is a modded file that was installed by the earlier mod that is still activated.

[Linked Image]

#4321338 - 12/19/16 03:16 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
mbarbaric Offline
mbarbaric  Offline

mbarbaric, I recommend you disable any other airfield mods before loading another as there will be shared files. If you don't disable the other mods what will eventually happen is that you will end up with some of the shared files no longer being able to revert to their originals. One mod will save what it thinks is an original file but in reality is a modded file that was installed by the earlier mod that is still activated.

thanks Lou. My pilot just died any idea how I could force the game to do the training from Farnborough?

#4321352 - 12/19/16 03:30 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

You are very welcome. As for doing your training at Farnborough, for now you will have to run QCs and do training flights that way. At some point in the not-too-distant future OldHat will be providing a full series of training missions that will launch from Farnborough, (and many thanks again OldHat for coming up with and taking on this most excellent project). He asked last week for my input on what such a series should entail, historically speaking, and I provided him with the following outline to work from. For now, if you like, you could follow this same list as you run your QC missions.

WOFF UE RFC/RNAS Primary Training missions

The following should be performed in non-rotary aeroplanes, preferably the B.E.2 for dual control and the B.E.12 for solo:

At least three dual-control flights, all below 1,000’ and within sight of the field. Practice turns, take-offs, landings, and taxying around the field and up to the hangar.

At least 15 hours of solo flights. The first several flights should be 15 to 20 minutes in duration, below 3,000’, and within sight of the field. Further flights should be 1 to 2 hours in duration with altitudes up to 5,000’ and ranging farther afield.

At least one “high altitude” duration flight in which the student climbs his machine to around 7,000’, preferably more if possible, and maintains said altitude for an hour before landing.

At least 10 successful solo take-offs and landings.

At least one successful solo "emergency" landing somewhere other than an aerodrome.

At least one successful solo dead stick landing where the engine is shut off at an altitude of 1,500’ or more. Student must bring his machine to a stop within the chalk circle.

Student must complete a 3-hour, three leg, cross-country flight navigating with paper map and compass only. Student will land at each point along the way to refuel and receive a signature as proof of completion of leg.

At least one successful take-off and landing at night. Student must fly in a set direction away from the aerodrome until it is out of sight, then return.

Keep in mind that the only flight aids that should be used are cockpit instruments, landmarks, and paper maps. No tac screens, text messages, or in-sim maps should be used. This will require that the student stays within sight of the aerodrome until he becomes familiar with the surrounding landscape. This will minimize the likely possibility of the student becoming lost.

Once the above is successfully completed you could then have the student move to advanced training in an early rotary aeroplane, the Bristol Scout would be a good choice. This is when such things as loops, renversements, vrilles, virages, and spins would be learned and practiced.

Hope this helps.

[Linked Image]

#4321358 - 12/19/16 03:39 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
mbarbaric Offline
mbarbaric  Offline

thanks Lou! great help, do you think it would be possible to force take off field from Farnborough in capmaign via mission editor?

#4321360 - 12/19/16 03:43 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

JJJ65 will be the one to ask that question of. I'm betting it can be done with his ME, it's a pretty amazing piece of work.

[Linked Image]

#4321440 - 12/19/16 06:07 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: mbarbaric]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted By: mbarbaric
thanks Lou! great help, do you think it would be possible to force take off field from Farnborough in capmaign via mission editor?

Yes, it is possible - personally tested a minute ago :-).

Thx Lou for great christmas present aroundthetree.

#4321465 - 12/19/16 06:34 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: JJJ65]  
mbarbaric Offline
mbarbaric  Offline

Originally Posted By: JJJ65
Originally Posted By: mbarbaric

Yes, it is possible - personally tested a minute ago :-).

Thx Lou for great christmas present aroundthetree.

thanks JJ and Lou!

great work you've done with these add ons!

#4321550 - 12/19/16 09:54 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Here is the first training mission file which is mostly done.

To use it, make a test pilot and select that he starts training before deployment. In workshop, select to use the mission editor.

Then when you click on "go to field", the mission editor screen will pop up. Alt+Tab out of WOFF and go to ":\OBDSoftware\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\missions\historical" and replace the OFF_Camp_Mission.xml with my file. Alt+Tab back into WOFF and select ok. Let me know if it works out.

#4321551 - 12/19/16 10:01 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
mbarbaric Offline
mbarbaric  Offline

great OldHat, really great add on! thanks!

#4322414 - 12/22/16 04:05 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
wiiired Offline
wiiired  Offline

Northeast Ohio, USA
This is really great. I always felt a trainer was needed in this series. I hope it matures into something bigger.

Thanks, MikeC. (wiiired)

Last edited by wiiired; 12/22/16 04:05 PM.
#4324788 - 12/31/16 01:13 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Really hope you can do a full training scenario at Farnborough OldHat thumbsup

Edit: is the file you provided ONLY for the 1st circuit as observer with Captain Triggers OldHat? Many thanks

Last edited by Adger; 01/01/17 12:54 AM.

We will remember them.
#4324967 - 12/31/16 09:23 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Well Sgt Browdys dog was a lucky canine on this landing.
He was doing his usual early morning airfield walk biggrin Great work Thanks Lou

cheers

We will remember them.
#4324981 - 12/31/16 10:41 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Every time I see that dog wander across the field it makes me laugh out loud. biggrin Glad to see you managed to avoid him Adger.

[Linked Image]

#4325040 - 01/01/17 04:17 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: Adger]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Originally Posted By: Adger

Edit: is the file you provided ONLY for the 1st circuit as observer with Captain Triggers OldHat? Many thanks

I'm planning to make a 50 hour basic + advanced training in a few weeks... I hope. But I also would like it if Lou can suggest (or make ) the advanced training aerodrome.

#4325077 - 01/01/17 11:30 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: OldHat]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Originally Posted By: OldHat
Originally Posted By: Adger

I'm planning to make a 50 hour basic + advanced training in a few weeks... I hope. But I also would like it if Lou can suggest (or make ) the advanced training aerodrome.

That'd be absolutely brilliant OldHat cheers

We will remember them.
#4325085 - 01/01/17 12:38 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

One of the primary reasons I added the nearly 60 additional aerodromes to Britain, along with reworking the generic facilities and creating a few new ones, was to allow for a more diverse training experience in the sim, at least as far as the Brits, Canadians, and Yanks are concerned. All the new dromes I've added were training facilities during WWI. When you add the following original WOFF dromes that were also training facilities you end up with a lot of historically grounded choices: Biggin Hill, Eastchurch, Hounslow, Netheravon, Rochford, Sutton’s Farm.

OldHat, I recommend that you begin by using Thetford for advanced navigation and bombing training, and Catterick for aerial gunnery school. And once you have made your decision as to which facility you are going to use for the navigation portion let me know and I'll see if I can't find the time to put together one of my maps for an area about 100 miles square surrounding the aerodrome. This would allow for some real map reading and navigation for our fledgling pilots.

I am already sensing great WOFFy things for 2017. smile

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.