Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4320371 - 12/16/16 01:39 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! ***** [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Raine, if that special place is locked away in a windowless room down in the cellar with a sign on the door that reads in bold letters "BEWARE THE NUTTER", then you're likely correct.

As for Havrincourt Wood, a.k.a. "old Mossy Face", what I've sorted out is that it will require, conservatively, eight separate facilities to create. Because it will be nearly all trees I am still in the process of seeing what impact such a mass will have on frame rates. I can of course keep the trees to a minimum and create ground textures that will give the familiar appearance of the landmark from the air, which would be the primary purpose of such a mod. Still, I'd like to 'plant' as many trees as possible while keeping performance at a playable level.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4320714 - 12/17/16 03:24 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

It's done, it's done! Please see the updated first post in this thread for the download link and latest info.

Cheers!

Lou

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.

#4320723 - 12/17/16 03:59 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Looks absolutely brilliant Lou,thank you so much for this..I'm downloading now and will try it when the missus picks me up WOFF UE as my Christmas present. Thanks once again to all the modders that strive to make this great sim even better. And most of all thanks Winder and Pol and the rest of the OBD team for your continued work with WOFF.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4320725 - 12/17/16 04:00 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
mbarbaric Offline
mbarbaric  Offline

great work! much appreciated!

#4320762 - 12/17/16 06:40 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Mr_Dirt Offline
Mr_Dirt  Offline

Missouri USA
Thanks Lou much appreciated!

#4320770 - 12/17/16 07:03 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Sandbagger Offline
Hotshot
Sandbagger  Offline
Hotshot

Coningsby, Lincs, UK
Downloaded and installed - very impressed - well done Lou for the airfield and for the ever helpful JSGME program.
winner salute

[Linked Image]

Alienware Aurora R5
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7-6700K 4.2Ghz
Two GTX 1080 Foundations in SLI (8 Gig each)
32 Gig DDR4 2133Mhz
1TB SSD boot drive - 1TB SATA storage drive
5.1 Surround Sound
34" Dell Ultra Sharp U3415W (3440x 2440)
CH Pro-Pedals, Stick and Throttle
TrackIR-5 Pro
#4320775 - 12/17/16 07:35 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Lou, it's like a Merry Christmas Gift!

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4320829 - 12/17/16 11:43 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Thanks Gents, my pleasure. Do let me know how it runs for you all and what kind of impact it has on your FPS and performance.

By the way, have any of you yet to see the Sergeant's dog roaming about? smile2

[Linked Image]

#4320839 - 12/18/16 12:48 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Sandbagger Offline
Hotshot
Sandbagger  Offline
Hotshot

Coningsby, Lincs, UK
Hi Lou
FPS didn't seem to be affected at all - still hitting 60 FPS on my work station PC, which is less powerful than my gamer PC (see my signature).
Haven't seen the dog yet but I'll keep my eyes peeled yep

Last edited by Sandbagger; 12/18/16 12:49 AM.

[Linked Image]

Alienware Aurora R5
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7-6700K 4.2Ghz
Two GTX 1080 Foundations in SLI (8 Gig each)
32 Gig DDR4 2133Mhz
1TB SSD boot drive - 1TB SATA storage drive
5.1 Surround Sound
34" Dell Ultra Sharp U3415W (3440x 2440)
CH Pro-Pedals, Stick and Throttle
TrackIR-5 Pro
#4320841 - 12/18/16 12:56 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Same here as well. I don't think there's much traffic/activity over England like there is at the front, so this MOD should be perfect for training... Good Show Lou!

cheers

#4320847 - 12/18/16 01:54 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert

Thanks Gents, my pleasure. Do let me know how it runs for you all and what kind of impact it has on your FPS and performance.

By the way, have any of you yet to see the Sergeant's dog roaming about? smile2

YES!!! Damn thing was in the middle of the runway &^%$%*

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4320848 - 12/18/16 01:58 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

I hope you waited for him to get out of your way Robert. Sgt. Browdy would be most upset if you ran over his canine.

[Linked Image]

#4320910 - 12/18/16 10:37 AM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
ArisFuser Offline
ArisFuser  Offline

Posting here just to express my gratitude Lou, next round is on me.

#4321264 - 12/19/16 01:20 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

My pleasure ArisFuser. And since you've offered, a pinta' red, and park two fingers of Tullamore Dew 15 right beside it if you'd be so kind.

Also, please let me know how this runs for you once you have it all plugged in.

Happy flights!

[Linked Image]

#4321293 - 12/19/16 02:31 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
mbarbaric Offline
mbarbaric  Offline

hi,

i have "airfields - models for airfields 5.0" mod installed and when i want to install Farnborough JSGME reports:

Folder "OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\buildings\a_hangarl3" has already been added by the "0 - Airfields - Models for Airfields v5.0" mod.
"a_hangarl3.bdp" has already been altered by the "0 - Airfields - Models for Airfields v5.0" mod.

plus a ton of others.

is it safe to overwrite and use both or should i deinstall "airfields - models for airfields 5.0" before enabling Farnborough?

#4321332 - 12/19/16 03:08 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

mbarbaric, I recommend you disable any other airfield mods before loading another as there will be shared files. If you don't disable the other mods what will eventually happen is that you will end up with some of the shared files no longer being able to revert to their originals. One mod will save what it thinks is an original file but in reality is a modded file that was installed by the earlier mod that is still activated.

[Linked Image]

#4321338 - 12/19/16 03:16 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
mbarbaric Offline
mbarbaric  Offline

Originally Posted By: RAF_Louvert

mbarbaric, I recommend you disable any other airfield mods before loading another as there will be shared files. If you don't disable the other mods what will eventually happen is that you will end up with some of the shared files no longer being able to revert to their originals. One mod will save what it thinks is an original file but in reality is a modded file that was installed by the earlier mod that is still activated.

thanks Lou. My pilot just died any idea how I could force the game to do the training from Farnborough?

#4321352 - 12/19/16 03:30 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

You are very welcome. As for doing your training at Farnborough, for now you will have to run QCs and do training flights that way. At some point in the not-too-distant future OldHat will be providing a full series of training missions that will launch from Farnborough, (and many thanks again OldHat for coming up with and taking on this most excellent project). He asked last week for my input on what such a series should entail, historically speaking, and I provided him with the following outline to work from. For now, if you like, you could follow this same list as you run your QC missions.

WOFF UE RFC/RNAS Primary Training missions

The following should be performed in non-rotary aeroplanes, preferably the B.E.2 for dual control and the B.E.12 for solo:

At least three dual-control flights, all below 1,000’ and within sight of the field. Practice turns, take-offs, landings, and taxying around the field and up to the hangar.

At least 15 hours of solo flights. The first several flights should be 15 to 20 minutes in duration, below 3,000’, and within sight of the field. Further flights should be 1 to 2 hours in duration with altitudes up to 5,000’ and ranging farther afield.

At least one “high altitude” duration flight in which the student climbs his machine to around 7,000’, preferably more if possible, and maintains said altitude for an hour before landing.

At least 10 successful solo take-offs and landings.

At least one successful solo "emergency" landing somewhere other than an aerodrome.

At least one successful solo dead stick landing where the engine is shut off at an altitude of 1,500’ or more. Student must bring his machine to a stop within the chalk circle.

Student must complete a 3-hour, three leg, cross-country flight navigating with paper map and compass only. Student will land at each point along the way to refuel and receive a signature as proof of completion of leg.

At least one successful take-off and landing at night. Student must fly in a set direction away from the aerodrome until it is out of sight, then return.

Keep in mind that the only flight aids that should be used are cockpit instruments, landmarks, and paper maps. No tac screens, text messages, or in-sim maps should be used. This will require that the student stays within sight of the aerodrome until he becomes familiar with the surrounding landscape. This will minimize the likely possibility of the student becoming lost.

Once the above is successfully completed you could then have the student move to advanced training in an early rotary aeroplane, the Bristol Scout would be a good choice. This is when such things as loops, renversements, vrilles, virages, and spins would be learned and practiced.

Hope this helps.

[Linked Image]

#4321358 - 12/19/16 03:39 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
mbarbaric Offline
mbarbaric  Offline

thanks Lou! great help, do you think it would be possible to force take off field from Farnborough in capmaign via mission editor?

#4321360 - 12/19/16 03:43 PM Re: Farnborough and the Royal Aircraft Factory in WOFF - finishing soon! [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

JJJ65 will be the one to ask that question of. I'm betting it can be done with his ME, it's a pretty amazing piece of work.

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse