Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4297127 - 09/17/16 10:54 PM Re: OT: SF2 Korean War worth it? [Re: Hellshade]  
Redwolf2 Offline
Redwolf2  Offline

Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
Yes, unfortunately TK never put together an ultimate collection or really discounted the individual titles at all, which is a shame (cuz $50 for the whole series in a package would be a good offering and probably generate a lot more sales at this point).

And yes, unfortunately, most of the major mods were done in the heyday of the series and assumed that the users had purchased most or all of the previous titles (borrowing various items from each). So, ya, it is going to cost you - the bad news. The good news is that there are quite a huge number of add-ons/mods and some very good major mods for the series (Korea, Operation Tainted Cigar (Cuban missile crisis what-if), Vietnam Enhanced, and Nato Fighters 5 (can choose a number of different eras in this one from 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's for fiction European conflict) being highlights). So there is quite a lot of additional add-on value if you eventually decided to take this plunge (be it an overly expense one tho).

Last edited by Redwolf2; 09/17/16 10:56 PM.
#4297201 - 09/18/16 11:07 AM Re: OT: SF2 Korean War worth it? [Re: Hellshade]  
Schwalbe Offline
Schwalbe  Offline

Install requirements are indeed unavoidable because aircraft like mustang, meteor, Mig-15, skyraider etc are in them (there are 3rd party free mods for them, but it's still different), also the terrain. TK's got to put his old stuff on sale someday.

okie exiting and gonna go fly a Sopwith Camel kite. <--- mostly wanted to say this biggrin

#4297269 - 09/18/16 05:56 PM Re: OT: SF2 Korean War worth it? [Re: Hellshade]  
OvStachel Offline
OvStachel  Offline

Long Island, NY
The only issue I ever had and still have with modding a game is what it takes to make it all work. WOFF is an example of what I wish could be done with a lot of Sim mods, a couple of guys get together and package the whole thing for one price and just make it one install that's proven to work when it's done.

I'd love to download and install all of this, but as past experience will dictate, it'll be a rough ride and I'm sure won't look or play as good as that video.

Sucks that the PC technology was never as good as it is today when the Sim niche was red hot. Wow, would Sims look insanely good.

Just my 2p.

Best,

OvS

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
#4327614 - 01/10/17 04:20 PM Re: OT: SF2 Korean War worth it? [Re: OvStachel]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
Originally Posted By: OvStachel
The only issue I ever had and still have with modding a game is what it takes to make it all work. WOFF is an example of what I wish could be done with a lot of Sim mods, a couple of guys get together and package the whole thing for one price and just make it one install that's proven to work when it's done.

Sucks that the PC technology was never as good as it is today when the Sim niche was red hot. Wow, would Sims look insanely good.

I just did IL2-1946 with the new BAT (CUP replacement) mod and it's much easier to install than CUP was. I always give props to the tremendous work of the modders but having played it a few days, I don't personally feel it is a very polished experience. I certainly respect that others might feel different, but it just feels very ad-hoc to me. It has made me anticipate WOTR that much more. The Korean jets were cool. The WWII Pacific is cool, but dated graphics and no in depth campaign felt hollow to me, personally.

I'm going to try upping the glossy factor in WOFF UE from 5 to something higher to see if it makes the wings a little shiny, like there was wing fabric dope on them. I remember reading somewhere that the experienced pilots would tell the younger ones in WWI not to rock their wings too much because the glint of sunlight off the wings could give away their position.

Last edited by Hellshade; 01/10/17 04:35 PM.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM