Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4290237 - 08/24/16 06:02 PM Re: The Tonester's Land of EAW [Re: Crashin' Jack]  
Crashin' Jack Offline
Cockpit Connoisseur
Crashin' Jack  Offline
Cockpit Connoisseur

Illinois, USA
LOL it's been ten years....

I know there are some changes in the aircraft when going through the career; I didn't see any Vampire listed in the single mission screen, which is different than the one you show after slot changes were made. As I had finished off the Vampire from an incomplete version started by others, I wondered why I did it in an Egyptian scheme, rather than WWII RAF markings....

Tony did most of the leg work, AJ and I doing aircraft and testing. The campaign was built when 1.2 was the norm. If you use a later exe, Knegel made some changes in the overheating routine in 1.28a that may have an adverse effect when combined with the FM, so that may be an issue.

The Mosquito was also not a selectable aircraft in the original Nachtjager. In fact, the bomber slots were not usable at all at the time. There were some flyable bomber mods included, but I think they had to be manually loaded into the P-51B and Spit 9 slots. That may cause some of the issues you are having.

"Blasts from clustered R4M quartets in my snout
And see these English planes go burn...." Blue Oyster Cult

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4290445 - 08/25/16 12:00 PM Re: The Tonester's Land of EAW [Re: Crashin' Jack]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
Quote:
The Mosquito was also not a selectable aircraft in the original Nachtjager. In fact, the bomber slots were not usable at all at the time.

That is certainly the case, but it would have been selectable as an AI aircraft ane would still be used in the game.
V.101 in 1.28c again:

I did some checking with "Airgrid"

Ade's Korean Vampire has these settings:

It is a 1939 Hurricane FM with a modification to make it a jet. The speeds are very slow, but it flies.
The max speed is 296 mph and the cruise speed 148 mph both of which are totally unrealistic for a Vampire.
However, if you increase them the Hurricane airframe simply falls apart.

I will try to find something faster and stronger to adapt smile

Last edited by MrJelly; 08/25/16 12:09 PM.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
#4290501 - 08/25/16 02:05 PM Re: The Tonester's Land of EAW [Re: MrJelly]  
iron mike Offline
iron mike  Offline

Maryland, USA
Try the Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe campaign. There may be a Vampire hiding there.

#4290577 - 08/25/16 06:21 PM Re: The Tonester's Land of EAW [Re: Crashin' Jack]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
These single engine jets are in ECApanel 4.2 -

P80
F86
FW190TL
He162

#4290653 - 08/26/16 12:49 AM Re: The Tonester's Land of EAW [Re: Crashin' Jack]  
Crashin' Jack Offline
Cockpit Connoisseur
Crashin' Jack  Offline
Cockpit Connoisseur

Illinois, USA
So I ran across my notes from the project, and it all makes sense now. The Vampire was on a wish list, with some debate as to whether it should even be included in Nachtjager I (there were plans to make a Nachtjager II) as it wasn't a night fighter until 1949 and the model available was incomplete. In the end, it should have been removed before release. I didn't finish the Vampire until a year later, and Tony had moved on to IL2. I don't recall ever flying against it, having been pretty much focused on the campaigns rather than the single mission, as that was the primary intention of the mod.

Anyway, if you want to mod the aircraft in Nachtjager, go for it!

"Blasts from clustered R4M quartets in my snout
And see these English planes go burn...." Blue Oyster Cult

#4298524 - 09/23/16 10:16 PM Re: The Tonester's Land of EAW [Re: Crashin' Jack]  
thetonesterlives Offline
thetonesterlives  Offline

Hey Guys!...saw this when browsing for the first time in a long time...had to reregister to comment as i cant seem to recall my old password or find the email account that the new password could be mailed too. Age haha...

WOW this was a blast from the past...back when i did this ( with much valuable assistance from CJ and AussieJim) everything was done the hard way via hex editing. Was a mammoth undertaking and caused many an argument in my house! Glad to see its fondly remembered. Not mch reality here but was good fun at the time. Pales into insignificance though when compared to what the seriously dedicated have done to this great game over the ensuing years.

EAW will always have a fond place in my heart...still remember how the theme music would stir emotions in me...the campaign screens and breifings...it really drew (draws) you in. Still the most emmersive sim ive ever used.

I dont fly anymore, due to an SSD crash some time ago that took all my COD files and associated stick and other peripheral profiles with it. Cant bring myself to go through the hassle of setting it all up again as im sure you well know, the more complex the sim, the longer it takes to get everything just so.
Besides, ive moved onto other things...bout a 64 thunderbird convertible that seems to need more attention than my wife, and am playing music in a band again which takes up alot of time.

I hope some of you still fly NJ from time to time and enjoy pulverising the many ground targets i created, using the great aircraft that CJ altered and created with his many enviable talents, and marvel at the great artwork by Aussiejim....salute guys

#4318641 - 12/09/16 02:41 PM Re: The Tonester's Land of EAW [Re: Crashin' Jack]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Blast from the past indeed Crash and Tonester ya old dogs! Good times and probably the most fun i had with EAW besides the early online games at Kali with Geg, Knegel, Pobs, Scully, Dumo, VB, Red the JG2 crew -Wick and Mix and all of the others i have forgotten. Plenty of help along the modding journey from Col Gibbon, Moggy and Jelly when OAW was just starting out and became the must have mod instead of ECA if i recall correctly. That was back when Dean was the premiere skinner (my fave anyway)and Shrek was a mad bast@rd and much needed lively boost to the forum! Good times and plenty of pilots!

Ugh, my poor old Nachtjager screen looks tacky now, i couldn't figure out how to get rid of the blue squares behind the writing smile

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#4318666 - 12/09/16 03:51 PM Re: The Tonester's Land of EAW [Re: Crashin' Jack]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France

Interesting comment Ajay smile
In another thread there is some discussion of EAW fonts.
The ones used for the 1.2 mainscreen menu have the characters as sprites, and in this case they are rectangular with the character inside a blue background. The blue colours used blend well in the stock mainscreen and you cannot see the rectangle.

It would have been great if the background had been made transparent smile

This is why I dispensed with the menu files and used the best available font in the 1.28 series:

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
#4320345 - 12/16/16 12:21 PM Re: The Tonester's Land of EAW [Re: Crashin' Jack]  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Transparency would have been lovely! I was learning on the fly and had little idea what anything would really look like until it was loaded and in game, so many late nights and red eyes..i imagine you would know this more than most biggrin

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.