Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 49 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 48 49
#4288945 - 08/20/16 01:28 PM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Congrats, well if you won the war anyway...

I don't think I've ever seen Poland that big without forming the Commonwealth. Cool, that.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4290020 - 08/24/16 01:30 AM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  
Security_Device_Enclosed Offline
Security_Device_Enclosed  Offline

Victoria
Yeah, it was pretty easy. For whatever reason Poland had no allies and we outnumbered them 4 to 1.

It's been a rather crazy world. Sweden imploded, Iceland exists, Ireland is independent (and was made Emperor)
Leon beat Castille, France owns most of Italy and Savoy is one of the leading colonisers.
Never seen the Commonwealth form at all, or see a strong Poland for that matter.

And I had nothing to do with it except for helping out the Poles early on against the Teutonic Order.

This is Bobby Rahal, thanks for playing the trial version of Microsoft's CART Precision Racing
#4290946 - 08/27/16 07:57 AM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  

Victoria
Another one bites the dust

It's 1794, why the hell not. With 20 years left in the game, I don't need to actually hold on to her anyway.

This is Bobby Rahal, thanks for playing the trial version of Microsoft's CART Precision Racing
#4291024 - 08/27/16 06:05 PM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
That's like not even fair smile

In all the time you and I have talked in this private thread, I don't recall you ever playing to the end. Have you? Looks like you've had a hell of a game.

#4291122 - 08/28/16 01:05 AM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  

Victoria
Nope. Never run to 1821. This will be the first time, have to get through one last regency first.

Also Habsburg USA

#4291134 - 08/28/16 02:21 AM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  
Dick Dastardly Offline
I Don't Care Bear
Dick Dastardly  Offline
I Don't Care Bear

Earth
As my family comes from Dubrovnik, aka Ragusa, give 'em hell! thumbsup

Suicide is man's way of telling god "You can't fire me, I quit!"
#4291171 - 08/28/16 09:16 AM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  

Victoria
Nice, Dalmatia and the Adriatic is a beautiful part of the world.

I just hit Jan, 1821 now. Pics to come.

Edit: A week late, here are the screenies smile

Here is the world at the dawn of the 19th century.

The Ragusan realm. No liberty for us, the republic became a kingdom

Conquest by the bedroom, not the battlefield wink Yes, I've got massive looming problems from all these unions but that doesn't matter once the game is 'won'

North America

'Just a little bit of genocide'

My first American colonies, I arrived late and had to quickly gobble up what was left of South America. Later conquered Haiti after they gained independence.

My half hearted attempt at colonising the East. Never bothered trying to core, saved my adm points.

OPM Sweden and Nordic Russia

Turned off terra incognita to take a peek at Australia, not disappointed

#4293590 - 09/04/16 10:08 PM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  

Victoria
The last 30 years was a good bit of fun, trying to see how much of Africa I could acquire before the end date.
Whole game I tried to stay out of most major nations affairs. The exception was Spain, they were moving into 'my' Mediterranean, so I gave France a helping hand in beating them down.
Had a long lasting anti-Ottoman alliance with Poland, was a shame when we became enemies.

#4293752 - 09/05/16 03:47 PM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Fantastic. Another 200 years and you would have had the entire planet under your thumb.

#4299718 - 09/30/16 09:01 AM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  

Victoria
Been a while, tried two games with 'Voltaire's nightmare' the HRE mod, good fun but kept crashing after the reformation kicked off. Oh well.

Started a new game as Brandenburg, pretty sure I've played them before. Became the Emperor by accident and just rolled from there. The discipline and tech bonuses are very nice. smile

#4299792 - 09/30/16 02:57 PM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
True that. I call their troops space marines. One of my very favorite nations to play. You can form Prussia, or Germany, or Prussia then Germany. Or neither I suppose. I had a hard time holding on to the Emperorship (a word, that?) if I recall correctly. I usually eventually leave the HRE and then dismantle it to some extent.

One neat thing about it (assuming secularization and the Prussia route) is that it's one of the few instances that I really care about, and have a vested interest in, the outcome of the league war. Looks from your pies that you've gone Protestant so I assume you are, or have, formed Prussia.

#4299974 - 10/01/16 03:27 AM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  

Victoria
No I haven't formed Prussia as I don't own Koeningsburg. It's only one province away but I've been focusing on Central Europe and attempting to start colonisation. (declared on Norway and took Iceland)
Not sure if I should form Prussia, what are the benefits? Ideas stay the same don't they?

Yeah I lost the Imperial Election after two generations but I did get the Burgundian inheritance, so now I've got all these isolated territories that keep getting occupied because I forget about them.

It has been an easy game as wars are no longer something to worry about when you have a massive force with insane morale and discipline. I actually don't mind when allies call me in, it's a chance to gain experience and crush rivals!

I also have the option to 'Embrace Icelandic Culture' which would move my capital to Reykjavik. Thanks but no thanks...

Edit: Paradox needs to learn some geography. biggrin

#4300037 - 10/01/16 01:44 PM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: Security_Device_Enclosed]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted By: Security_Device_Enclosed

Not sure if I should form Prussia, what are the benefits? Ideas stay the same don't they?

Well, for the flag of course! And being Prussia, which is ten tons of awesome.

But aside from that, if things haven't changed from the last time I played Brandenburg....

-- You get free cores on all of the Prussian provinces. I believe these are

Ostpreussen, Warmia, Danzig, Memel, Kurland, Samogitia, Wystruc, Marienburg

And I think there is no expiration for these cores

-- Culture changes to Prussian (capital too), which might help

-- -0.05 monthly autonomy (great)

-- gain Kingdom rank if not already

-- +1 Basetax in random province

You're right that as Brandenburg the ideas do not change when forming Prussia. I believe there is also a +1 national unrest when taking the decision. Mouse over the decision and the tooltip should show it, and my info may be outdated.

You got the Burgundian Inheritance as Brandenburg? Some guys have all the luck smile

#4300039 - 10/01/16 02:03 PM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  

Victoria
Thanks, I do love me some Prussia, think I'll have to go for it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_6AQA4uzD0 biggrin

Yeah, real luck. First time the event ever fired for me.

#4300051 - 10/01/16 02:59 PM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
As I like to re-live my past glories, here are a couple shots of my most recent Brandenburg game. AKA the SuperPope game

And near the very end (1795), an Early Reich

#4300154 - 10/02/16 12:36 AM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  

Victoria
Very nice borders, looks like you had a series of campaigns against the Austrians? Austro-Prussian war a century early. smile

Here goes... Luxembourg didn't join but my slaves vassals Nitra and Ansbach did. Not that I really needed them.

(Territorial) cores complete

Time to hit the button!

Grey isn't really the colour I associate with Prussia. This is much nicer.

Worth pointing out that most of Poland and Bohemia and just territories not full cores. That tiny stack over in the Netherlands isn't for fighting battles but to deal with unrest. For a while I was allied with Hungary, together we tore down Bohemia and the Poles, then we back stabbed each other. As is tradition.

#4300233 - 10/02/16 11:39 AM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  

Victoria
Just a quick question, do you know why sometimes a call to arms is a pop-up with pauses the game with a list of allegiances while other times only a small flag in the upper left corner?

I've lost a few allies and hurt by reputation a few times by accidentally refusing the call because I didn't see it.

#4300506 - 10/03/16 02:55 PM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Hmmm, no I can't say I've seen that. I wonder how many CTA's I've missed. Have you looked at the menu where you set the pop-ups? I'd have to have a look there to see what it is set to as default.

That's a fine Prussia you've got there. What year is it? You gotta throw me a bone and include the occasional screenshot with the GUI smile

What the hell is Gaeldom?

#4300657 - 10/04/16 03:22 AM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  

Victoria
Celtic Scotland.

The year is 16xx, I'll check after work. I usually like to keep my pop ups to a minimum.
It was interesting watching people play on YouTube, they all have very different styles to me. Running speed 5 and repeatedly pausing, I prefer running at speed 3/4 when nothings happening, speed 1 during wars or when I need to think/contemplate my next moves. Probably why it takes me so long to complete a game.

#4301251 - 10/06/16 02:04 PM Re: Europa Universalis, why no love 'round here? [Re: DBond]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I tend to play at speed 3. But sometimes slower at the beginning where missing something could mean the rapid end to my fledgling dynasty.

Did you buy any of the three most recent DLC, Cossacks, Mare Nostrum or Rights of Man?

Page 15 of 49 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 48 49

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.