Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4286018 - 08/09/16 12:54 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Col. Gibbon Offline
A nobody
Col. Gibbon  Offline
A nobody
Veteran

You know Ray, it must be a terrible affliction, to be the best at everything, and 100% right, all the time.

The rest of us are only weak humans, who can only stand and stare at your greatness.

Supports EAW 1.29.exe, Drop in and Play Technology. wink

1.29 download
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4286080 - 08/09/16 04:26 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
First of all, KMA.

Secondly, your pride has blinded you to the fact that you are on a dead end and don't know enough to turn around.

Same for VBH.

1.5's abilities and possibilities speak for themselves.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4286086 - 08/09/16 04:58 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: Rotton50]  
Col. Gibbon Offline
A nobody
Col. Gibbon  Offline
A nobody
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rotton50

1.5's abilities and possibilities speak for themselves.

Yep they certainly do! Oleg would be proud of you two.

Supports EAW 1.29.exe, Drop in and Play Technology. wink

1.29 download
#4286095 - 08/09/16 05:35 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
3DZ Master/Campaign Designer
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
Ray the FXEXE is an addon and not meant to compete with anything. The addon is just about me having fun with programming and do things that I know aren't easy to do. It's features aren't the same as anything previously created, addons were always meant to be different and fun.

You may not see it that way but being different from anything else it has right of existence but perhaps some of the things I've done can be incorporated in 1.50, which is fine with me and maybe someday it will have all features I incoroprated, but untill then I will keep adding new ideas to it because I like to, if that's ok with you makes no difference to me, I just won't stop doing what is a fun hobby to me, no matter what people think. You won't stop either, not even if you're the last modder on the planet.

I don't mind where others will lead this game and others shouldn't mind where I'm trying to lead it. I know what I can do and have certain goals but it doesn't always work out. I'll keep trying anyway and hope some people will have fun with what I've done. So stay on your path'and I won't cross it if you don't cross my path. It's a simple but effective solution to keep doing what we're doing because we like what we're doing. Wether anybody else likes it is seconndary for me.

After 5 years absence I'm still in the race and that will remain so until I myself decide to stop, it's just too bad that all this stuff have caused many people to abandon their hobby, you can blame that on me but I see it differently.
As I said, get on with your work as there are still plenty of things to solve, I also have plenty of projects happening so I'm back to work myself.

VonBeerhofen

#4286123 - 08/09/16 07:09 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Originally Posted By: VonBeerhofen
So stay on your path'and I won't cross it if you don't cross my path. It's a simple but effective solution to keep doing what we're doing because we like what we're doing.

My point was that we would be better off with ONE development path rather than three. Facts support my contention that 1.5 is the way forward.

You know it, John knows it and the community knows it. The community also knows that a combined effort will never happen, egos being what they are.

So Tony and I, along with a few others, are going to keep moving the stakes, albeit at a slower pace than would be possible with ONE path.

It's a shame really.

For example, with all hands on deck we could make some truly outstanding plane model. In 1.5 we have the ability to break the planes up into much smaller pieces, thus freeing up nodes for more detail on each piece. That ability plus the higher resolution textures would make for some very nice models.

If we could work together on the target sets for the various scenarios we could have a massive improvement there too. Imagine the various worlds with the same number of TMOD's, convoys and railways as I put into the ETO2015 set.

With Crashin' Jack back in the mix we could produce much better cockpits with damage modeling and usable gauges. But he can't do that alone.

The list of things we could achieve is pretty extensive. Alas, none of those thing will happen because some guys put their pride before the game.

#4286129 - 08/09/16 07:33 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

You just won't accept that I have always been unable to play the 1.29 version and subsequent follow ups. I got the 1.28 version working after a lot of messing around with files and eventually discovered that the large soundfiles caused my computer to crash.
After removal, I could fly but the game was stuttery and FPS was terrible.

I'm still on the same machine and had no choice to come up with an alternative for fun myself, because noone believed me when I told you. Even now you won't believe me. It might have been different if I could have flown it but after investing 10+ years in creating the FXEXE the hard way there is simply no way back, it's just come too far to not stick with it.

I now have a 512MB XP machine as well but everyone knows that witith XP on it not much memory remains for games, on top it has only 64MB of videoram. You use 80MB zips for a single multiskin plane, my computer stops working if I throw in more the 50MB on groundobjects alone. Launchpad players that remain are in the same situation as me and their only hope to get some improvements is tthx to all the time I invested into the FXEXE.

I've created this for them and it would have stayed like that if it wasn't for certain aggrieviations I experienced which forced me to release the FXEXE against my will. Now the cat is out of the bag I have no other option then to follow through. I can't help anyone if I'm unable to test changes I make to the source code, so I do what my computer allows me to do and what my friends computers also accept.

One pilot is actually still using a Win98 machine and he runs my addon, I mean the full Final Cut with all the beautifull groundobjects, and it wasn't easy to make that happen. Devellopment is what it is and has become through circomstances beyond anyone's control but the fact is that you can't let that hamper your efforts, wether it's eventually doomed or not.

I know for a fact that what we've been doing was everyone's hobby, this is mine and I'm not about to give up on it like the others have, at least not for now. I wouldn't know what to do with my remaining time if I did.

VonBeerhofen

Last edited by VonBeerhofen; 08/09/16 07:34 PM.
#4286136 - 08/09/16 08:11 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

I don't know what 'aggrieviations' are but I do know that with a hobby no one can force you to do anything.

As for hardware related issues I will point out that plenty of guys are playing 1.5 with less than optimal machines without any problems.

In fact over the years you've made a lot of claims about hardware issues and memory problems that no one else has experienced. The only memory issue that anyone ever saw as the garbled cockpit problem but the coders solved that about 7 years ago.

At one time you even claimed that the HD could be wiped out while using some version of the coder's exec. No one ever seconded that claim either.

So it's kind of hard to take anything you say with much more than a grain of salt.

Truly, I hope you have many more years of entertainment with your hobby but to be blunt you leave yourself open to questions about your abilities with claims that are demonstrably false.

So you don't feel too lonely, just know that we have the same problem with John. He's constantly making false claims about areas of development and then being proven wrong.

Heck, talking about hobbies, I could probably make a hobby just collecting and refuting all the lies, inaccuracies and misdirections you two have foisted on the community.

#4286147 - 08/09/16 09:02 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: Rotton50]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

I have never lied to the public, it's just you who's trying to make the community believe I did and you often do so in a very abusive manner. It seems to be your only argument to try to get rid of me besides me having been banned for using your words, which did not evolve in repercussions for you, and you've used it extensively up to a point that people must be getting quite bored with it. Collect what you like Rotton, I won't stop you and you will not stop me.

I have a fair understanding now why people left during my 5 years absence, smile Try and blame that one me if you can.

VBH

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.