Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4284344 - 08/03/16 03:43 PM UAW150 Korean theatre  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
The existing 1.28c Korean theatre has been adapted for UAW150 and can be used in two different ways.
1. It can be used as intended with Japan as allied territory, and N Korea/China as axis.
2. It can be used as an alternative to the Flying Tigers Burma theatre, with China as allied territory and Japan axis.

There are many bugs in the files, and to fix some which occurred with view scrolling in groundstarted missions caused by iffy TMods I borrowed a couple of TMods from VBH's PT3.

Korea "Flying Tigers"

Korea "Default"

Default mission screenies. The selection map generated from the "eaw32.tm" file is very basic, but it is accurate and serves its purpose:

Terrible shadow files for the jets- proper ones need to be made:

...and cockpit files with appropriate gauges and needles:

Switching to a Flying Tigers set-up with axis and allied reversed:

Groundstart again:

It was a bit of a Turkey shoot smile

It will be released as a beta in a few days time so that players can test it and give feedback smile

Last edited by MrJelly; 08/03/16 03:52 PM.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4284347 - 08/03/16 03:58 PM Re: UAW150 Korean theatre [Re: MrJelly]  
Col. Gibbon Offline
A nobody
Col. Gibbon  Offline
A nobody
Veteran

Two from your screens

New shadow for the Saber

FM is wrong. Saber is not a tail sitter

smile

Supports EAW 1.29.exe, Drop in and Play Technology. wink

1.29 download
#4284351 - 08/03/16 04:15 PM Re: UAW150 Korean theatre [Re: MrJelly]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

As I wrote elsewhere I am not really interested in a jet sim. Ade never finished any of these models, just about all the skins and FMs have errors, and I do not intend to fix any. The whole point of the post was that the theatre can be used in two different ways, and the screenies demonstrate that.
Note my description of the Korean plane set in the second screenie wink

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

#4284521 - 08/03/16 11:37 PM Re: UAW150 Korean theatre [Re: MrJelly]  
453Raafspitty Offline
453Raafspitty  Offline

Australia,Sandstone Point
MIG Alley...

#4284546 - 08/04/16 01:54 AM Re: UAW150 Korean theatre [Re: MrJelly]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
3DZ Master/Campaign Designer
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
Originally Posted By: MrJelly
Ade never finished any of these models, just about all the skins and FMs have errors, and I do not intend to fix any

Pacific Korea, very impressive. I hope people grab their chance to get this unique addon as I have the feeling it won't be up there for very long and you know what, I'm not going to fix em either anymore.

VBH

Last edited by VonBeerhofen; 08/04/16 11:34 AM.
#4284573 - 08/04/16 06:03 AM Re: UAW150 Korean theatre [Re: MrJelly]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

VBH:
I started this thread to avoid posting more in yours, but you are welcome to post in it smile
However, for the readers' benefit please post things that make sense.
What are you not going to fix anymore that relates to anything that has been made for EAW1.28 ... UAW150?

The community:
If you are not aware, the whole point of creating UAW150 was to separate planes from theatres.
The two Korean theatres (#13 and #14) are just two more to be added to the list of theatres for selection, which already has thirteen.
In the release I will add the UAW150 versions of Ade's Korean aircraft, and the planeset which uses them. I do not particularly recommend them, but it will give people who are curious chance to try them.

I made the 1.28c version of Korea back in 2010, but because of problems with a number of files (such as dodgy TMods, aircraft shadows and bad cockpits) I never released it. The dodgy TMods have been fixed in the new theatres, hence the release.

wink

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4284584 - 08/04/16 07:59 AM Re: UAW150 Korean theatre [Re: MrJelly]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

The download "Korea150V1.exe" is available at MediaFire:

Run it in your "UAW150V3" folder.

Assuming that people who wanted it got the "Burma" installation, then applied the patches and updates, I have removed those files and replaced them with a "BurmaNew.exe". New people wanting to install "Burma" just need that one wink

Last edited by MrJelly; 08/04/16 08:04 AM.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4284607 - 08/04/16 11:25 AM Re: UAW150 Korean theatre [Re: MrJelly]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
Jel, Don't try to reason with folks who are green with envy. By now the community is well aware where the future of EAW lies.

General community,

I'm working on a couple of things that will take a while but will in the end add a number of planes to the Aircraft Inventory.

The first is a package of European Theater planes, about 80% default and 20% important planes that were missing from that mix.

The second is a package of "x-planes" which will be all of the planes from various "what-if" scenarios. I mention this because a number of those planes would be appropriate to a Korean scenario.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4284634 - 08/04/16 01:01 PM Re: UAW150 Korean theatre [Re: MrJelly]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
Rotton, EAW has no future without modders who voluntarily sacrifice their time to create new worlds for this game.
You probably think you can do it all on your own but lately I'm receiving a lot of e-mails from people who all seem to prefer the old ways of modding and playing EAW.

The fact that people download things doesn't necessarily mean they're liking it. OK you like it because you practically grew up with it, but I've seen many occasions where you had severe problems in understanding the possibillaties Mr. Jelly incorporated. An not uncommon thing amongst programmers is to make the mistake that since they know how it works a user also should know.

Hence the hundreds of screens that Mr. Jelly is posting on how to do things and take control. I don't know how many pages and pictures I've watched fly by and disappear again, pages and pages of explanations and you struggling to comprehend all of it. How do you think that'll be for an average gamer who's just looking for a bit of fun.

My game does not need such explanations but fact is that only modders know how this game really works and what they can do with it and you and I both know how long it took us to learn. You can not just swap frontlines from one addon into another, or targetsets or campaign files. These are specific to the addon itself. Many addons simply use the stock frontlines and targets or even stock terrain.

Those are things that need fixing in order to make it work the way it should. You can copy/paste massive amounts of data from one folder to another but only if you know what you and I and Mr. Jelly know. If you don't know then no matter how sophisticated the features of a program may be it's not going to be of any use to the average player.

Just like OAW it is bound to scare people off, that's my own personal experience after guiding hundreds if not thousands through the program's capabillaties, I spend more time on explaining then I did on flying online. This is not going to be any different, that's what I firmly believe and by now many others can see it too, that's why they e-mail me.

VonBeerhofen

#4284663 - 08/04/16 02:06 PM Re: UAW150 Korean theatre [Re: MrJelly]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
VBH,

A post full of misinformation, not even worth rebutting.

EAW 1.5's abilities speak volumes and the community will be the arbiter.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.