Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4284099 - 08/02/16 06:28 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
3DZ Master/Campaign Designer
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
Sorry the date doesn't ring a bell other then being very close to the release thread of the Japan map but better late then never.

http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3123910/Re:_Revised_Japan_map

Now go and fix my Burma map that you don't have.

VBH

Last edited by VonBeerhofen; 08/02/16 06:29 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4284222 - 08/03/16 05:04 AM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

It is my personal opinion, but you two have always been water and oil. You don't mix but we are at 3 pages and no flame war. I call that progress. I tell you both what I told John. There is nothing wrong with parallel hobby projects.

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4284231 - 08/03/16 07:22 AM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
Thanks Allen wink

Quote:
Now go and fix my Burma map that you don't have

VBH is implying some form of ownership, but all my Burma stuff is from the "eaw.tm" file that Pobs and I worked on years ago, plus some pictures he emailed me recently when I asked if he had ever made a height map to match his tile map.
If any of this stuff is VBH's work then I am totally unaware wink

Exactly which map are you referring to VBH ?

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
#4284266 - 08/03/16 11:51 AM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
Allen,

I commend you for trying to pour some oil on the waters before the storm however the reality is that one guy in the conversation is being reasonable while the other is being an a**.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out which is which.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4284267 - 08/03/16 12:07 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

63 downloads of "UAW150V3" from MediaFire, and 36 of the "Burma Patch". The community seems to be happy smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

#4284269 - 08/03/16 12:26 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

I don't claim ownership to what I voluntarily gave away to Shreck. I merely state that I was involved in it's creation and that I was the one who found it. I used my knowledge to make it usable for Shreck and after handing it over it became public domain.

If I would claim ownership I would have done so as soon as Mr. Jelly posted his adaptation of the Flying Tigers Burma addon. Anyone can read that I did no such thing. What I do or why I do things is none of Mr. Jelly's business. I don't tell him what to do and if he has no fear of what I do he'd simply follow my multiple requests to not enter my threads and allow me to have fun with EAW the way I have for 15+ years. His opinions have no influence on what I have in mind so he can keep those to himself if he has no fear.

I once again state that I DID NOT enter any threads other then the ones I started, because I'm not afraid of Mr. Jelly's creations, why should I, they won't work with my game or computer anyhow.
Personally I feel moderators should ban people from entering other people's threads if so requested, but I understand that they expect intelligent people to do so all by themselves as that they don't have time to interfere with every wishy washy that occurs.

I can only repeat the request but I doub't it will help:

STAY OUT OF MY THREADS MR. JELLY, YOU HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON WITH ME OR MY GAME, AND WHAT I DO OR WHY IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. WE DEFINATELY DON'T SHARE ANY INTERESTS AND NEVER WILL.

VonBeerhofen

Rotton, you're only doing yourself what you accuse others of doing and again are trying to put hatred in the minds of others. You even get abusive again doing so. All I'm doing is trying to create something for the FXEXE community and have fun with my game.

#4284281 - 08/03/16 12:58 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VonBeerhofen
Flying Tigers conversion for FXEXE,

When I read about Jelly's Korean conversion, I did some investigative research and found Ade's original idea.

VonBeerhofen

That is why I responded, so you can thank yourself for the outcome smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4284300 - 08/03/16 01:25 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: MrJelly]  
Col. Gibbon Offline
A nobody
Col. Gibbon  Offline
A nobody
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MrJelly
63 downloads of "UAW150V3" from MediaFire, and 36 of the "Burma Patch". The community seems to be happy smile

And 98 downloads of 1.29. The community seems to be happier than yours! biggrin

Supports EAW 1.29.exe, Drop in and Play Technology. wink

1.29 download
#4284312 - 08/03/16 02:06 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Nonsense Mr. Jelly,

you only saw an oppertunity to spoil my fun with trivia which have nothing to do with my work. You're very clear on what drives you as well, didn't you call it 'getting your name in bright lights' app. 6 or 7 years ago?
I'm not counting downloads that's for sure, as it's unrelated to my goals.

VonBeerhofen

#4284331 - 08/03/16 02:54 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Col. Gibbon

And 98 downloads of 1.29. The community seems to be happier than yours! biggrin

Col G:
There are 36 downloads of the full 1.29 installation with all the theatres included too smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4284346 - 08/03/16 03:54 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Col. Gibbon Offline
A nobody
Col. Gibbon  Offline
A nobody
Veteran

That makes 134 downloads of 1,29! Even better!!

Supports EAW 1.29.exe, Drop in and Play Technology. wink

1.29 download
#4284429 - 08/03/16 07:27 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Jeeeze.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4284572 - 08/04/16 06:02 AM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

Rotten,
You are and have always been correct about me.

VBH,
I do not care for your visual effects, but I do have respect for your assembly skills and the time you have dedicated to your hobby. I encourage you to continue your hobby of making your vision of the best EAW.

Jelly,
I think your posting so many screens of how your version compares to FXEXE is rude. There is nothing wrong with competing version of modded EAW that fall within the rules granted by Atari.

Gibbons,
Do not fall into an ego trap. Create your own legal, personal version of the perfect EAW.

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4284579 - 08/04/16 07:14 AM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Allen:
Point taken, but here's a historical quote from 2008 that VBH made elsewhere:

Quote:
Why don't you guys post all this in SimHQ? It's allways been the EAW central point of EAW knowledge. Are you afraid of what people will think?
Don't you understand that maintaining a central point is of vital importance for this game's continuation?
I'm glad you like the approach Wudpecker, it's not really too hard. Nor is creating entire continents in just 3 days. You should not be posting in here but in SimHQ as it's the more visible flightsim community as is Frugal's.
People in HQ like seeing your pictures, it shows the game is still very much alive but a community with only 99 members will not stand a chance against one which has thousands.
It doesn't have to be par with what I or others create, the fact that you're still on it will keep people interested and increase the ammount of views, and that even goes for my rants.

If you check my posts in general they have a lot of pics, by way of information. Nonetheless I must admit that when people get stroppy I sometimes add some such as the B29s taking off from a groundstart. VBH assured me over eight years ago that he would fix the groundstart problem in the FXExe, and told me not to worry. So I posted a reminder wink

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4284619 - 08/04/16 12:26 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

It's not about what an EXE version doesn't have, it's about what it does have. and your version has a lot of things missing that my version does have, and vice versa.

I have tried several things for the startup routines but I didn't count on the fact that writing to certain areas in memory can be prohibited by the CPU. This was something I hadn't encountered before. It meant I had to research how to turn this behaviour off or create enoug room to copy the routine snd paste it elsewhere.

Like most things in programming it's not right to just focus on one problem, so while I tried several times things moved on and other things were done. That's what programming is all about. For comparison, your version does NOT have illuminated airfields, does NOT have animationcodes on ground objects and does not have transparency on groundobjects and airfields. You also don't have AAA and Flack fire from ANY ground object relocating as long as there are groundobjects.
And those are just a few things you DO NOT have, Mr. Jelly.

I'll get around to those startup routines when I have the right idea, since one thing that I've never done anywhere in my version is to use kidcode, if this then that, if that then this, which is verys destructive in a good programand causes dramatic slowdowns if you have enough of those. I've seen your requests for help in programming forums, so I have a fair idea of your capabillaties. I'm just not going to waste time on a persisting problem if I can do other things instead, that way progress is much faster.
Let me see you get illuminated airfields Mr. Jelly, clock starts now.

VBH

#4284666 - 08/04/16 02:12 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

The difference between your challenging me to get illuminated airfields and you getting your so called "all flyable bombers" to take off is that you told us that you would do it eight years ago, and you have not been able to. If you had not made that commitment I would not have mentioned it.
I have made no commitment to getting illuminated airfields so the clock has never started.

I have refrained from comparing exes, apart from in this matter, and will continue to do so. People can have a variety of installations use what they want to at any given time, so it is not a competition.
You have released your FXExe, but if SimHQ members install it then what other theatres can they access, and how do they switch from one to another?

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4284694 - 08/04/16 02:54 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Well we DO have AAA for any ground object so obviously, unlike the other developers here, you've not taken the time to actually use the competing line of exec's. Either that or you are just flat out lying and hoping no one will call you on it.

So, let me ask, does the FXEXE line have -

Functional dive brakes, both flight model and graphic?
Functional 3 position flaps, both flight model and graphic?
Engine start smoke?
Extended 3dz's for aircraft models?
30 flyable plane slots?
Functional tailhooks?
Functional torpedoes?
Full height carriers?
Barge river traffic?
Multiple train lines?
Adjustable convoy sizes?
Dedicated torpedo missions?
32 X time speedup?
1000 TMOD's?
Different TMOD's depending on which side of the front line you are on?
Different TMOD's depending on how far you are from the front line?
The ability to release ordinance in up to 4 salvos?
A bouncing Dambuster bomb?
Multiskins for plane models?
Large caliber cannons?
Gun convergence?
The ability to adjust the prop rotation animation?
The ability to adjust the AAA by user preference?
Auto combat?
Observable ground combat?
Napalm?
Parabombs?
The ability to fly any plane set in any scenario?
The ability to select from a list of scenarios with one click?
The ability to make a custom plane set?

I'm sure I've missed some of the upgrades but this list will do for a start.

So?

#4284700 - 08/04/16 03:00 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Learning to program from scratch in a new environment just is a timeconsuming thing, you don't just learn how in a few weeks or months, and that's what I've done for both C++ as well as assembly language. It took as much time as it took you making constant changes and coming up with new aproaches and ideas as your knowledge improved.
For users I can only say that I'm on the job 24/7 but I'll step up the effort if that puts your mind at rest.

As for installing addons, that's done by extracting .ZIP files into a folder, isn't that what you are doing too? I'm sticking to the oldfashioned methods which have proven to work flawlessly but the use of OAW is allowed for managing if people so desire. It's all in the ReadMe file inside of the addon. Still there's only one good way to do it, provided the addon has all which is needed to be called an addon.

Managing addons is not for the squeemish, never has been, and you and I probably became the best in doing it. In my game the addon simply goes into your EAW rootfolder, I don't know about your version but I guess you need to have it in your filemanager with it's dozens of scripts and folders to keep everything apart. In my game you don't need to keep things apart unless you want more addons to be running. In that case you create another instance of EAW and dump the files in there, but you already know how that works don't you?

You say you do not want to compare things, yet you entice me to compare them, I've read your descriptions on how to use the 1.50 version, in fact I read the same thing over and over, but sometimes things change, the folder structure changes the scripts change, the old stuff needs updating because the old scripts or folders no longer work. So new .ZIPS are created and released, I've been through it all. The problems really started when people missed one or two things and were then adviced to do it all over from scratch.

Gigabytes of downloads, reorganising files, hoping you wouldn't make a mistake to start all over again, like Russ, who by now has installed the game app. 20 times from scratch but who's actually only interested in having fun. Been there, done that and as I wrote long ago, it didn't work back then and it will not work today for most less computer minded pilots.

I know there is no easy way to do it and no matter how you do it you'll need the knowledge I have and not many people have that. In respect to addons, the beauty of those lies in the fact that each one comes with it's own install instructions, if it fails you try again or give up. Only a few of these creators had the right knowledge to write a good instruction manual for it. Moggy, Von Oben, Pobs to name a few. They only could because they relentlessly experimented with the game to find answers and therefore acquired extensive knowledge. I have that knowledge and so do you but it took us 15 years to qcquire. The average pilot has no such knowledge and the only way I see to help them is to offer something which is prefab by a skilled modder who knows about such problems.

I still have all my old installs, and OAW setups and you know what, they're all still working and require no changes for me to enjoy them. Ofcourse it's not the FXEXE or Korean adaptation with the FXEXE, nor is it a 1.50 adaptation but it works and that is true power for the user.

Next week you're going to change it all again, you have done so relentlessly and I understand the necessaty of it but I don't think average gamers are keeping track, unless they have the same knowledge as you and I. I try to create the old fashioned way because it's the most powerfull way I know off snd even works with my old decripid WinME machine. I don't mind how you do things or why Mr. Jelly but you have no right destroying the fun I'm trying to have with this game but perhaps you're so scared of what I do by now that even you are beginning to see the cracks in your palace.

This is the last conversation I will have with you as it's cost me 3 days to just formulate this properly without being offensive and being 65 years old time has become a precious sommodity that I can't afford to waste on discussions like these. You know my views and I know yours, let leave it at that. To bad you ruined this thread and what was happening in it, you won't cure the problems with this addon and neither will I.

The map I have was not just a quick fix for this theatre but has 204.800 tiles painstakingly placed correctly for cities, rivers, forrests, harbours and all an EAW map requires to be good, like the true elevation map that comes with it. Perhaps Rotton will fill in your details now, I know how long it took to create mine.
This thread is now closed.

VonBeerhofen

Last edited by VonBeerhofen; 08/04/16 03:36 PM.
#4284725 - 08/04/16 03:48 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Do not let age weary you VBH- I will turn 75 later this year, and the older you get the less the requirement to suffer fools gladly smile

BTW these look like runway lights to me:

wink

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4284747 - 08/04/16 04:41 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Moggy's little blocks are no match for what I have. It requires manual placement of roughly 400 individual blocks in the target editor for each and every airfield, that's 100+ times 400. It was a fun idea and I apreciate Moggy for giving it a try, but I think he never tried a 2nd field. The targetset can be used elsewhere or someone like Rotton my take up the job of placing them for you, then they still have to be individually set for each airfield in that addon.

My airfields work with any addon if the FXEXE is present and new airfield models can easily be created with this feasture. but you already knew, didn't you? You don't fool me Mr. Jelly but perhaps you can fool the community.

VBH

Last edited by VonBeerhofen; 08/04/16 04:53 PM.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.