Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4283632 - 08/01/16 04:02 AM Your Claim has been Rejected Due to a Lack of Confirmation  
Buff1 Offline
Buff1  Offline

Northern New Hampshire, USA

"Oh really?? Well tell that to Hans and Franz! And you can wait for verbal confirmation from them for all I care!"

#4283657 - 08/01/16 05:24 AM Re: Your Claim has been Rejected Due to a Lack of Confirmation [Re: Buff1]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
it wont be the last one either !

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4283669 - 08/01/16 07:22 AM Re: Your Claim has been Rejected Due to a Lack of Confirmation [Re: Buff1]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Buff1, it depends WHO saw and confirmed it.
The brass-heads didn't - they were just busy having an English roast with Burgundy, and port for afters. readytoeat

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4283700 - 08/01/16 10:45 AM Re: Your Claim has been Rejected Due to a Lack of Confirmation [Re: Buff1]  
Deacon211 Offline
Deacon211  Offline

Louisville, KY
Hehe, take heart Buff. The claims system takes a lot of factors into account depending on your setting.

In addition the "You chased a guy ten miles from your wingmen so they didn't see you personally shoot him down" effect, there's the "shot down by ground fire in addition to you" effect, the "someone else holed him before or more than you did" effect, and of course the "It's war, stuff happens" effect!

If you look back through the forums on this stuff, you'll see a lot of "Eye of newt, wing of bat" recipes for ensuring claims get credited. But only OBD knows the equation that is used to calculate whether or not your claim is accepted. They prefer to keep the recipe a secret, I think to keep people from gaming the system which is probably for the best.

For purposes of calibration, I play on medium claims difficulty. So, I obviously only file claims when the post mission screen says that I got a kill. With no particular thought to who my witness is or to any great detail as to location, markings, etc; I still probably get 95% of my claims credited. Those that don't get credited are usually for obvious reasons(i.e. Separated from flight).

#4283757 - 08/01/16 01:45 PM Re: Your Claim has been Rejected Due to a Lack of Confirmation [Re: Deacon211]  
Robert_Wiggins Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Robert_Wiggins  Offline
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!!
Hotshot

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Deacon211

For purposes of calibration, I PLAY on medium claims difficulty. So, I obviously only file claims when the post mission screen says that I got a kill. With no particular thought to who my witness is or to any great detail as to location, markings, etc; I still probably get 95% of my claims credited. Those that don't get credited are usually for obvious reasons(i.e. Separated from flight).

PLAY?? PLAY???

THIS IS NOT A GAME! It is real!! I know, I am sure I saw a bullet hole or two in my desk, er, I mean my right lower plane on my last flight!! Be very careful out there!!

sigh

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4

#4283817 - 08/01/16 04:48 PM Re: Your Claim has been Rejected Due to a Lack of Confirmation [Re: Buff1]  
Buff1 Offline
Buff1  Offline

Good answers all! Actually, I wasn't grumbling about the lack of confirmation. I fully expect that as often as not with 'Normal' as the setting for Claims...

What I was really posting was the image itself... Those bullet holes and that blood is not some added Photoshop effect of mine. That image was acquired using the clunky, quirky 'J' key for the unsupported 'Observe' view.

I put a bunch of bullets into this Aviatik CI and while doing so, the gunner from his wingman holed my N11's fuel tank and wounded me slightly at the same time. I had to break off and find a nice big field to set down in loosing sight of my victim as I did so. After doing so, and certain I had delivered a killing blow to the Aviatik, like Bruno Stachel, I went looking for him with the 'J' key - 'Observe'. Took me about 15 minutes, but I finally spotted his wreck in a small woody area on our side of the lines. Zooming in, I was astonished to see the level of physical injury depicted to the pilot and his gunner. The gunner had been hit 4 times. Twice in the back, once in the arm and once in the head. The pilot obviously took a killing shot to the back of the head and it appears he smashed his goggles and forehead into the cockpit frame on contact with the ground. Due to no easy way of looking around and reviewing our adventures (This wonderful sims only weakness that I have found in the last 3 months of delighted involvement), this is the kind of fantastic immersion we simply do not see often enough in WOFF, but it IS there for those willing to go looking for it.

I'm guessing that many rookie (and maybe even some veteran) WOFF pilots have never seen this kind of detail in their day to day use of the sim.

I do wonder about a few little things that seem to be absent from the sim such as solo 'lone wolf' flight capability and some method of signaling to other pilots that you have spotted the enemy. If you leave the flight to chase after a plane or planes they apparently do not see, they fly blissfully onwards. This is how I happened to not get credit for the Aviatik above. Even though he went down on our side of the lines, no other pilot witnessed it. It would be nice if there was a 'Witnessed by Ground Troops' option in the 'Witnessed By' options. That might aid in gaining at least a few of these unseen kills on ones own side of the lines.

The 'Solo' patrols would seem to be in order for say aces of 10 or more kills to their credit. Perhaps it could be given in the form of a post squadron mission completion option... Kind of a, "You have completed today's mission. Would you like to go on a solo patrol?"

Anyway, loving the product and VERY happy with it. Worth 10 times it's current cost.

Rick West

PS: I was unaware until today that Bruno Stachel is actually the protagonist in a three book series by Jack Hunter. Here is a link to the Amazon page... http://www.amazon.com/gp/bookseries/B00YOH453I/ref=dp_st_0735104557

Last edited by Buff1; 08/01/16 04:57 PM.
#4283818 - 08/01/16 04:48 PM Re: Your Claim has been Rejected Due to a Lack of Confirmation [Re: Robert_Wiggins]  
Deacon211 Offline
Deacon211  Offline

Louisville, KY
Originally Posted By: Robert_Wiggins
Originally Posted By: Deacon211

For purposes of calibration, I PLAY on medium claims difficulty. So, I obviously only file claims when the post mission screen says that I got a kill. With no particular thought to who my witness is or to any great detail as to location, markings, etc; I still probably get 95% of my claims credited. Those that don't get credited are usually for obvious reasons(i.e. Separated from flight).

PLAY?? PLAY???

THIS IS NOT A GAME! It is real!! I know, I am sure I saw a bullet hole or two in my desk, er, I mean my right lower plane on my last flight!! Be very careful out there!!

sigh

Me too. But I'm pretty sure that had more to do with the Scotch than the Huns.

#4283820 - 08/01/16 04:59 PM Re: Your Claim has been Rejected Due to a Lack of Confirmation [Re: Buff1]  
Hellshade Online content
Hellshade
Hellshade  Online Content
Hellshade

Florida
I once shot a Hun down who literally crashed into my home landing field. Claim Denied.

Watch who you win against in those late night poker games. HQ Staff get revenge through paperwork. wink

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4284030 - 08/02/16 01:36 PM Re: Your Claim has been Rejected Due to a Lack of Confirmation [Re: Buff1]  
J5_Lehmann Offline
J5_Lehmann  Offline

"At least you have the honor of having served the fatherland!" charge skyisfalling

#4284045 - 08/02/16 03:00 PM Re: Your Claim has been Rejected Due to a Lack of Confirmation [Re: Hellshade]  
Creaghorn Offline
Creaghorn  Offline

N�rnberg Frankonia
Originally Posted By: Hellshade
I once shot a Hun down who literally crashed into my home landing field. Claim Denied.

Watch who you win against in those late night poker games. HQ Staff get revenge through paperwork. wink

Yes, things like that happen unfortunately. Remember that there are about half a dozen mg-nests on your airfield who are all shooting at the enemy. Even if nobody has made a hit, it's enough for them to claim it and to sound more conklusive than your version to HQ ;-).
It happened also the other way to a certain pilot with a red painted aeroplane, he was flying low and shot at by dozens of rifles and guns, while one canadian pilot looked briefly into his direction from above and far away, accidentally pulling the trigger while sneezing, and he got credited with the kill. That's war :-).

Quote:
I went looking for him with the 'J' key - 'Observe'. Took me about 15 minutes, but I finally spotted his wreck in a small woody area on our side of the lines.

Why don't you simply use your left mousebutton after hitting J? With that you can cycle through all AC until you find your victim. Also you can look around him as you like with holding shift+ moving your mouse.

thumbsup

#4284075 - 08/02/16 05:07 PM Re: Your Claim has been Rejected Due to a Lack of Confirmation [Re: Buff1]  
hoongadoonga Offline
hoongadoonga  Offline

Originally Posted By: Buff1
I do wonder about a few little things that seem to be absent from the sim such as solo 'lone wolf' flight capability

Here's a trick that I read in the forum a long time ago (I can't remember who posted it - Lou perhaps?) - You can, in effect, create your own lone wolf missions. Before taking off edit the amount of fuel in the rest of your flight's planes down to 5%. They will soon have to return to base and you will be on your own.

#4284101 - 08/02/16 06:33 PM Re: Your Claim has been Rejected Due to a Lack of Confirmation [Re: hoongadoonga]  
Deacon211 Offline
Deacon211  Offline

Louisville, KY
Originally Posted By: hoongadoonga
Originally Posted By: Buff1
I do wonder about a few little things that seem to be absent from the sim such as solo 'lone wolf' flight capability

Here's a trick that I read in the forum a long time ago (I can't remember who posted it - Lou perhaps?) - You can, in effect, create your own lone wolf missions. Before taking off edit the amount of fuel in the rest of your flight's planes down to 5%. They will soon have to return to base and you will be on your own.

Wow, that's a good tip. Thanks for that!

#4284128 - 08/02/16 08:57 PM Re: Your Claim has been Rejected Due to a Lack of Confirmation [Re: Creaghorn]  
Buff1 Offline
Buff1  Offline

Originally Posted By: Creaghorn

Quote:
I went looking for him with the 'J' key - 'Observe'. Took me about 15 minutes, but I finally spotted his wreck in a small woody area on our side of the lines.

Why don't you simply use your left mousebutton after hitting J? With that you can cycle through all AC until you find your victim. Also you can look around him as you like with holding shift+ moving your mouse.

Because if I had done that, I would never have met Giselle and had a personal tour of her bombed out barn...

shedevil

#4284209 - 08/03/16 03:17 AM Re: Your Claim has been Rejected Due to a Lack of Confirmation [Re: Buff1]  
CrimsonTide Offline
CrimsonTide  Offline

Great screenshot Buff. I love Woff.

Maybe you can ride around in a sidecar in the rain looking for your downed plane.

#4284275 - 08/03/16 12:47 PM Re: Your Claim has been Rejected Due to a Lack of Confirmation [Re: Buff1]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

This is still the primary reason for claims being denied:

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4284292 - 08/03/16 01:12 PM Re: Your Claim has been Rejected Due to a Lack of Confirmation [Re: Buff1]  
Creaghorn Offline
Creaghorn  Offline

N�rnberg Frankonia
Quote:
Because if I had done that, I would never have met Giselle and had a personal tour of her bombed out barn...

Yes, makes perfectly sense. What button or key did you have to hit, to get this feature and to score/claim this victory? popcorn

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus