Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4283190 - 07/30/16 03:40 PM In all my years online...  
Stewie Offline
Bar Steward
Stewie  Offline
Bar Steward

Torrevieja, Spain
I have, honestly, never ever met such an unhelpful bunch of people like you lot. Never.
Only ONE of you posted to help me. ONE!!

I won´t be bothering you again. I don´t see the point tbh.

W.a.n.k.e.r.s the lot of you.

>
#4283360 - 07/31/16 07:25 AM Re: In all my years online... [Re: Stewie]  
Haukka81 Offline
Haukka81  Offline

Kemij�rvi,Finland
Just grow up and try to learn to read wink

All the info is here if you just take a look.

I5 8400 , 16gb , GTX 1070 oc , Win10 64bit . Virpil T-50 27" monitor with 2560x1440 rez ... DCS + Oculus CV1 + Samsung Odyssey . (odyssey is better for flight sims)
#4283361 - 07/31/16 07:31 AM Re: In all my years online... [Re: Stewie]  
Haukka81 Offline
Haukka81  Offline

Kemij�rvi,Finland
Here, even kid like you can read ?

http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4234430/1/EECH_ver1.16.0_is_out!

I5 8400 , 16gb , GTX 1070 oc , Win10 64bit . Virpil T-50 27" monitor with 2560x1440 rez ... DCS + Oculus CV1 + Samsung Odyssey . (odyssey is better for flight sims)
#4283369 - 07/31/16 08:49 AM Re: In all my years online... [Re: Stewie]  
Stewie Offline
Bar Steward
Stewie  Offline
Bar Steward

Torrevieja, Spain
Are you ready to be educated or do you just want to feck off now?

>
#4283373 - 07/31/16 09:22 AM Re: In all my years online... [Re: Stewie]  
Stewie Offline
Bar Steward
Stewie  Offline
Bar Steward

Torrevieja, Spain
Yes, you helped me regarding textures, thanks for that.
Spam? You mean valid questions regarding a new install of EECH and a returning player?
Isn´t that one of the reasons the forums are available? To help people out?
Quote:
This game use joystick? Where is escape? Its helicopter simulator?? Where fire?
eh?
Now c´mon, you´re just making that up. Admit it. I never said that at all, did I.

I´d be quite happy for you to post, here, whatever I sent to you in a PM. Let us all see how I spammed your PM. I dare ya. No? Hmmm, what a surprise.

I posted here nothing but honest questions, in a polite and respectful manner, that I thought you guys could help me with. The fact that no-one answered made me feel like I was trying to enter a closed shop. New guys not welcome.

Even a "Sorry, I can´t help you, have you tried EECH Central" would have been nice.

This isn´t a community, this is a bunch of bedroom heroes, self involved, you don´t like it when someone else pops up, it disrupts your cosy little space. You ignore them in the hope that they´ll go away.

And YOU call ME a moron. LMFAO.

Bottom line is this...you guys have tremendous knowledge about one of the best games I´ve ever played. On or off line. But you choose to keep the knowledge to yourselves. Why?

I have to say that I am disappointed in the EECH community here, you could be so much better. It´s a sad thing. If you don´t spread the knowledge...EECH dies.

xxx

>
#4283374 - 07/31/16 09:24 AM Re: In all my years online... [Re: XIII]  
Stewie Offline
Bar Steward
Stewie  Offline
Bar Steward

Torrevieja, Spain
Originally Posted By: blackshark
i think only i helped you,

You said it bro, and it kinda says it all, doesn´t it.

>
#4283377 - 07/31/16 09:52 AM Re: In all my years online... [Re: XIII]  
Stewie Offline
Bar Steward
Stewie  Offline
Bar Steward

Torrevieja, Spain
Originally Posted By: blackshark
You are too lazy for read forum or eech central. This. Better spam forum and pm .

Now that´s not nice, or true, sharkie.

1: You don´t know me so how do you know if I´m lazy? Answer, you don´t
Same reason I don´t call you a dickhead. Although I do have my suspicions.

2:Spam forum and PM?
I can see how it looks that way but let me tell you why.
I didn´t get any answers, or even any replies. Ergo, my name was on the board as the last poster. Looks like spam, but it isn´t.

3: Spam PM? Ok, I´ll say it again, please post, here in this thread, the spam I sent to you. Please do it.

4: I PMd other people, THEY replied politely, with info and help, and the offer of playing online, with TS, to get my queries sorted. Thank you, you know who you are.

I did my research, went to EECH central, installed the game, got the patch (awesome work btw) found some issues with my set up, scoured the ´net, only THEN did I come here.

next?

>
#4283396 - 07/31/16 11:36 AM Re: In all my years online... [Re: Stewie]  
Stewie Offline
Bar Steward
Stewie  Offline
Bar Steward

Torrevieja, Spain
Fast answers? I didn´t actually get ANY answers, fast or slow, did I?

My first post.. This one.
I which I asked if anyone was playing online.
The only people who replied were you, thank you, and two friends who I´ve know for fifteen years.
No.one else deigned to reply. Not in ANY thread. Not even a " no, it´s pretty dead now" or "yes, we fly every week, we´d love to have you along"
But I thank you for your posts in that thread.

That was June 25, 2016. it is now 6 weeks later, no replies, positive OR negative, Yeah, I was really in a hurry eh?

"Grow up or change crack"?
Ok, I´ll work on it. Thanks for the advice.

C´mon, you can´t back out now bud. I´ve finally got a reaction out of the EECH crowd ffs!

How about this....you post, here, my PM spam to you? Otherwise, Get off the "Stewie is spamming waaah waahhh" "Stewie spammned my PMs Wahh wahh"
I know what I sent, YOU know what I sent. Post it or stfu.
?

Last edited by Stewie; 07/31/16 11:38 AM.

>
#4283398 - 07/31/16 11:43 AM Re: In all my years online... [Re: Haukka81]  
Stewie Offline
Bar Steward
Stewie  Offline
Bar Steward

Torrevieja, Spain
Originally Posted By: Haukka81
Just grow up and try to learn to read wink

All the info is here if you just take a look.

I shall work on you shortly, if I can be bothered

>
#4283400 - 07/31/16 11:49 AM Re: In all my years online... [Re: Stewie]  
Stewie Offline
Bar Steward
Stewie  Offline
Bar Steward

Torrevieja, Spain

>
#4283457 - 07/31/16 03:35 PM Re: In all my years online... [Re: Stewie]  
Stewie Offline
Bar Steward
Stewie  Offline
Bar Steward

Torrevieja, Spain
Ok, seeing as how you have declined to back up your accusation of me spamming your PM box, let´s see it in all it´s glory, my spamming your PM box.

I sent this in a PM, nothing else, just this...
Quote:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4282969/RE:_Rapotas_extraordinary_cock#Post4282969

The intention was to bring to your attention something with which I thought you could help. Silly me.

blackshark replied....
Quote:
blackshark has removed themself from this topic

>
#4283473 - 07/31/16 04:25 PM Re: In all my years online... [Re: Stewie]  
Stewie Offline
Bar Steward
Stewie  Offline
Bar Steward

Torrevieja, Spain
I´m extremely sorry to hear that, blackshark. I sincerely hope you get better.
I shall cease and desist from tweaking your tail. You were the only one to reply to anything I posted. Thank you for that.

However, my attitude towards the rest of the SimHQ EECH gang remains.

In the zips I downloaded there isn´t a txt file.
It´s
AH64 as the first folder then
Lightwave file and Razorworks
Then, in the Razorworks file it has
Cohokum and
Common

no txt file

I can´t unzip it to me Razorworks folder ( I don´t have one), or me EECH folder.

I have the GOG game, the file system is different, no Razorworks folder. All wanted was someone to tell me where to, manually, put those files.

I know it´s not rocket science, but then again, I´m not a rocket scientist.

A couple of jokes for you...
A horse walks into a Bar
The barman says
"why the long face" biggrin

A Grouse walks into a Bar
The barman says
"We have a whisky named after you"
The Grouse says
"What, Derek"? biggrin

Take care blackshark.

>
#4283489 - 07/31/16 05:12 PM Re: In all my years online... [Re: Stewie]  
AndyB Offline
AndyB  Offline

Ayrshire, Scotland
Hi Stewie,

Apologies for jumping in here at the end of what seems a very heated discussion ....

I have to say that my own experience of the people here has been very different from yours. I have found the members here very helpful. I have even managed to help some others with electronics problems.

It may be that most people are like me and jump in for a quick look around once a week and have missed your post asking for help. It may also be that not that many members play multiplayer.

Also, when you look at a section on the forum you only see the most recent post. Your post may have been popped of the recent post slot fairly quickly and that's why people didn't see it.

Anyway, I also have a GOG version of the game so if you still want help with the installation I'll do what I can.

My main installation is in my pit which is still running somewhere around version 12, but I've got a copy running on my everyday machine as a test of the mods.

I'm not interested in online multiplay as I have a slow broadband link, but anything else I can help with I will.

Cheers,

Andy

PS the horse joke is ancient wink

Last edited by AndyB; 07/31/16 05:13 PM.

Andy's simpit: http://www.simpit.me.uk
#4283499 - 07/31/16 06:03 PM Re: In all my years online... [Re: Stewie]  
Stewie Offline
Bar Steward
Stewie  Offline
Bar Steward

Torrevieja, Spain
Hi Andy, how nice to meet you : No need for apologies at all, thanks for dropping in.
And thank you for your kind offer of help, much appreciated.
Quote:
Apologies for jumping in here at the end of what seems a very heated discussion

Well, I wouldn´t say "heated", not from my side anyway.

Quote:
Also, when you look at a section on the forum you only see the most recent post. Your post may have been popped of the recent post slot fairly quickly and that's why people didn't see it.

Not really. As you can see, my posts are still on the first page. And that was my point really. Getting no answers. Check ém. The only answers are from my mates of 15 years, and blackshark (thanks sharkie) No.one else at all. I would have been happy with a "Sorry, can´t help, but I feel your pain" but I got...nothing.
Plus I was being accused of asking stupid questions ( I didn´t), but those posts have been deleted by the owner. and accused of spamming someones PM box (I didn´t do that either).
I just wanted to clear my name. The apathy from this forum was/is overwhelming. I may have lost a few friends by being so vocal though. Ah well.
Anyways....enough of that....

I looked at your pit.. eek That is incredible!
Are you able to export MFD data? vid as well? Because my mate Platinum Rogue would be WELL interested in that.

Can I ask, why you are not using the ALLMODS patch? It seems to add so much. Is it not compatible with pit building, exporting data etc?

Thanks for your post, Andy. BTW, Scotland is my very favourite country smile

P.S. I know, I know, but those jokes were all I could come up with on the spur of the moment and I wanted to make blackshark laugh smile

>
#4283586 - 08/01/16 12:22 AM Re: In all my years online... [Re: Stewie]  
TheRealPlatty Offline
1%er
TheRealPlatty  Offline
1%er

Birmingham, England
What he said about the MFD export. My own thread about it contains no useful replies, not even a "no, it can't be done". At least I haven't been accused of being an uneducated spammertw*t

#4283631 - 08/01/16 04:00 AM Re: In all my years online... [Re: TheRealPlatty]  
Stewie Offline
Bar Steward
Stewie  Offline
Bar Steward

Torrevieja, Spain
Originally Posted By: TheRealPlatty
At least I haven't been accused of being an uneducated spammertw*t

YEs, but you know, from meeting me, that if you take out the spammer bit the rest of the statement is actually true! biggrin
But that´s not the point biggrin

>
#4283863 - 08/01/16 07:46 PM Re: In all my years online... [Re: Stewie]  
AndyB Offline
AndyB  Offline

Ayrshire, Scotland
Hi Stewie,

I've spent around 2 years building up the pit so far and I don't update anything prior to exhaustively testing it (I was an aircraft engineer and was taught this). in my opinion the majority of the mods are different aircraft which are no use to me. The smoke and trees mods would be worthwhile. There were a few issues with the newer versions which I believe are sorted now.

EXPORT MFD VIDEO
in eech.ini there is a section where you can tell it to send the MFDs to another monitor. If you set this up and then use a program called "Maxi Vista" you can send that monitor to another machine via a network. Pop that monitor behind the dashboard and you have working MFDs. My system uses and old 17" flat screen and the MFD images are set to far left and far right. If you set up eech so that each MFD is sent to a different monitor you can use the program to send each MFD to a different monitor.

Get your mate to drop me an PM and I'll help in any way I can.

I love living in Scotland. It is a beautiful country (except when it rains, which is quite a lot of the time).

Here's a wee story that might amuse you:

Angel Gabriel comes up to God one day while God's working on the world and says "Wow that's a fantastic country you're working on. What's it called ?"

God says "Scotland. It has beautiful hills and mountains, crystal clear water, luxurious grass and clean air. The water can be used to make Whisky and the grass will feed the cows and produce excellent meat".

Gabriel says "Don't you think you're overdoing all the good things for this one country ?"

God says "You haven't seen who I'm making their neighbours yet!"

Only kidding little English buddies. I've got a lot of English friends and wouldn't dream of insulting you.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy's simpit: http://www.simpit.me.uk
#4283881 - 08/01/16 08:38 PM Re: In all my years online... [Re: Stewie]  
messyhead Offline
messyhead  Offline

Wow. I've just read this, and I have to say your pretty out of order with your blanket statement in your first post Stewie. It also seems some posts migth have been deleted as the flow of posts doesn't all make sense.

You've come to a forum for a game that is now pretty old, and doesn't have a huge active community, so expecting answers to every question is stretching it a bit - especially since a lot of the questions have been asked already in the past.

I've just gone through some of the posts that have been made since I was last able to post, and helped where I can. And in the past, I've always tried to help out with answers to questions.

Could I just point out two things that might help.

1. The search page...

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/search.html

You can select the Forum to search in, and select how far back to search, up to 8 years.

2. The EECH Central Wiki...

There's a big banner for it on the front page of the forum. There's an index page that links to all other pages.

http://eechcentral.SimHQ.com/index.php?title=Special:AllPages

It might be friendlier to other people on here if you tone down the language in your posts, and maybe people would be more willing to answer or help.

#4283917 - 08/01/16 10:28 PM Re: In all my years online... [Re: Stewie]  
Murphy Offline
Administrator
Murphy  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Northern Michigan, USA
Right Stewie, that's how it's done, but it doesn't always happen that way.
Some sims are less used, less participants, a little more difficult questions to answer.
And maybe people expect the newbie to the sim, to read the sticky's at the top, before you start calling other members names, bad form old boy.

You know better.

I'm locking this, and will keep it here as a warning to you.
Any further insults to other members will be responded to with harsh penalties.
If you weren't an old timer, who I remember from the old sims, which I still play, I'd be negligent if I didn't ban you now for your 'insults'. Moderators have suggested that should happen, now.

We didn't tolerate that back in the EAW days, you know that, and we don't tolerate it now.

Be advised Stewie, I'm doing you a favor.
For old times sake, think about it.

wink

"Murphy's Law"

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.