Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4284761 - 08/04/16 05:23 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: Brit44 'Aldo']  
Col. Gibbon Offline
A nobody
Col. Gibbon  Offline
A nobody
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Brit44 'Aldo'

Gibbons,
Do not fall into an ego trap. Create your own legal, personal version of the perfect EAW.

No Allen, just posting a fact.

As a starting point it will do, but we are just starting, to get going.

As you know, it will take time to get a polished exe completed.

This is not going to be an update, of an update........

Supports EAW 1.29.exe, Drop in and Play Technology. wink

1.29 download
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4284787 - 08/04/16 06:49 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
VBH can't or won't answer the questions asked.

Instead he goes on another mindless rant about his accomplishments and inferences about how we're out to get him. Then, though he isn't a moderator, declares the thread closed.

Fascinating case of delusional paranoid megalomania.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4284816 - 08/04/16 07:48 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Anyone see what else FXEXE has?
http://eaw.neocities.org/eaw-fxexe-description.html
I updated the page a little while ago, needs more work of course since there's so many things VBH has tweaked, optimized and added.

#4284852 - 08/04/16 09:55 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Online tunes
Veteran
MrJelly  Online Tunes
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
So which theatres have you been able to fly with the FXExe Mark?

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
#4284860 - 08/04/16 10:42 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

I know it has this heavily done, effects and eye candy enhanced ETO. But you already knew the answer, which makes me wonder what your intentions are to ask.

Its really fine with the the ETO Theater considering the amount of work it took, besides it takes the stock game higher. I have not tried any other theaters that I downloaded, nor managers. However, I never didn't get into other theaters back in the late 99-2001. Mostly just boosting the ETO one was enough.

I have tried other theaters briefly in the EAW source modification that you amended to using community archives. But I forgot which ones they where. I'd have to go back and try to run the DSP font-end again to see.

Last edited by MarkEAW; 08/04/16 10:42 PM.
#4284874 - 08/05/16 12:13 AM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
3DZ Master/Campaign Designer
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
You are passing the real issue Mr. Jelly, people should be able to download whatever addon created for EAW and install it themselves. For such a thing a tutorial is written and if carefully executed it should work. I now converted two theatres but it wasn't to incorporate them in my addon, it was merely to show that it wasn't too hard to do. So a tutorial is being written for incorporating such addons and just like you I hope people won't misread me or make mistakes. I'm not planning on giving them these addons, that should remain their own choice, but if some addon hasn't been fully developped I might take it on as a challenge to get it where it needs to be and as such it becomes a modded addon, i.e. partially mine because I may have added 50% of the missing stuff.
If however I have to redo everything to get it right then it becomes mine entirely, but I will always leave some stuff of the original creators behind because I know how much time they invested in this.

The tutorial I'm writing is universal, it should work for anything ever thusfar created without me having to adapt the addon to FXEXE standards myself and is essentially not any different from how we did things in the year 2000.
It's unavoidable that with new airfield features you best stick to FXEXE airfields to avoid complications, the same goes for the effects, so the FXEXE will look for those files and give out a file not found error if it's not there.

I assume your program is doing the same thing, however external programs need very good error trapping not to crash to desktop if something done by the user isn't right. This is ofcourse always the case with any program and that includes EAW. There are several handy solutions that we have developped over time, we meaning the old bunch who I have a lot to thank for, to solve issues. I won't go any further into this but essentially the FXEXE can run any addon and if I can convert it then anyone can, but it does require some extra knowledge about files that you can safely replace and the ones that can stay.

I could ofcourse adapt every addon myself, like you did, but I think that should be anyone's choice and I know you can't keep all those files on your server or change them every time you decide to change your version of the game.
With a new version of the FXEXE you'll get a new manual if necessary, but it takes time to test everything for possible problems and you and I are the only ones who know what we have done and therefore a good explanation is necessary.

That's why I tried to tackle the Korean War addon, to see what kind of problems I would encounter if I'd have to convert it. Well it was much easier then I thought and I had it running with the FXEXE in just under an hour. That's not bad for a conversion, but I must also take into account that users don't have my knowledge so a step by step guide will help.

You can not possibly keep doing what you are doing indefinately, hosting the same ammount of addons as Sandbagger's, which is my primary source still. I know what it takes to keep such information available and if a service all of a sudden dies you'll have to set it all up again, hoping you didn't forget anythin.

Therefore importing and converting stuff from a user standpoint becomes more like, hey I still have the Korean addon somewhere on my drive, perhaps I can make it work with the FXEXE or even 1.50, because they downloaded it already long time ago. That's where you and I become important, how good is your manual for doing that or can I only download a package which has been converted by someone already and where can I get that package, is it still up?
I'm on v1.30 will this still work with my version or do I need to upgrade to another version and download the whole shabang again?

These are important questions for users since they determine the ammount of time needed to make it work. Now I'm not saying my aproach is better then yours but I surely put in a lot of thought, more then what I just described.

It may seem nonsense to Rotton, but I'm sure it will make a lot of sense to Brit44 'Aldo' aka Allen. I can't possibly explain all the implications between the different aproaches and I'm not going to. But don't portrait me as someone who doesn't know what he's doing or who needs a psychiatrist or is a drug addict or alcoholic, like your group has done in the past and is still doing today.

VonBeerhofen

Last edited by VonBeerhofen; 08/05/16 12:16 AM.
#4284949 - 08/05/16 08:52 AM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Col. Gibbon Offline
A nobody
Col. Gibbon  Offline
A nobody
Veteran

One of the jobs I've started since giving up modding is going through Charles Gunst's EAW notes [2005] to cover all the exe changes up to 1.29.

This on it's own is a massive job, as I have to trawl though the archives to find out the changes were. I'm doing this, so when we start to move forward with changes, it will be fully documented, something which has been forgotten by some here.

Making new exe's is a hobby here, which has caused no end of people to loose interest in EAW, and this is not a new problem, as I know it's what drove Flying Tiger away, and killed the WWI project. I warned, several times what was going on, only to be told, the community would decide. Well unless I'm very mistaken the community is now but a hand full.

It all feels a bit like EAW is reaching the point of extinction, and like with the Dinosaurs, they could not see why they were dying, they just did.

1.29 download
#4284954 - 08/05/16 09:21 AM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Online tunes
Veteran
MrJelly  Online Tunes
Veteran

Your post is worth a considered reply.
First of all my starting point is that with the size of HDDs these days people can have multiple installations.
That means they can still download stuff from Sandbagger's and install it in appropriate folders.

Without adding unnecessary detail I must outline the critical development that has occurred to get us to 150.
1.28c was released with the "Dir.set" system. It worked, and players could use the "DirSetPicker" to switch between theatres instantly.

Shortly afterwards two things happened. CJ produced 1.28d which used 1024x768 screens, and Ralf produced an exe which read the split files from the old 30 planes "planes.dat", "loadout.dat", "pnames.str" and "fsmplane.wsp" files.
This enabled us to have "planes" folders containing skin and FM folders for individual planes.
To use them we extended the "Dir.set" system and made an exe which read "FMDir.set" and "PDir.set" files from "Planeset" folders.
1.28E was released with a large "Planes" folder and an ETO theatre with four different planesets.
The "DirSetPicker" was modified so that it could select planesets as well as theatres.

Then along came Will Gee and we switched to the "TM2" system with four bytes per tile. A new exe was needed for this, and 1.28F was released.

Two more critical things then happened. I produced 1.29 which is a version of 1.28F that is no longer locked into the 640x320 tilemap. Ralf produced 1.30 which has slot free planes. Both of these changes were made in the release of EAW1.40.

In 1.40 the planesets are locked into theatre folders, and not many months ago Ray came up with a great idea.
He envisaged an "Aircraft_Repository" folder, and a system that separated planesets from theatres.
This is what we have in UAW150, and it works online and offline. UAW150 has multiple possibilities, and a reliable front-end which is very simple to use. The user selects a theatre and a planeset and then plays EAW. More advanced users can make their own planesets with it.

I am not saying that this is a better system, but that is is an alternative for a person who has a range of EAW folders and can choose to play 150, or choose to play the FXExe.

It did not take me long to convert the 1.28c Korea theatre. I fixed a lot of errors in the tilemap, found that some TMods were causing problems during view scrolling, and replaced them with versions that did not. As it is 150 it is just a theatre, and I prefer to use it with the SPAW or FlyingTigers planesets because of multiple problems with the Korean planes. If someone does more work which improves the theatre then it can be released as a new theatre.

You seem to imagine all sorts of problems that 150 users might encounter. The system is very simple and how difficult do you really think it is it for a player to use this utility to select an exe, a planeset, a theatre and then launch the game?

All this stuff is available from "MediaFire", and I have a back-up at "OneDrive" plus backups an my external HDD.

Last edited by MrJelly; 08/05/16 03:06 PM.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

#4284957 - 08/05/16 10:04 AM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Online tunes
Veteran
MrJelly  Online Tunes
Veteran

Col G

So its OK for people to write exes that make your ideas happen, but not others?

Do not forget that Ade was relying on a whole lot of other people for TWF
He asked me to set it up in terms of a download, which I did and ther was a beta version for 1.28c
He did a great job on screens, tmods and skins, but there were few appropriate FMs, and we lost Ralf. Ade had made a "Europe1.pic" that did not cover a 640x320 tilemap, and the target map was still the default ETO one with no real "Western Front" placements. Pobs was working on it map but ran into some real difficulties, so it remains unfinished.
This was A big project for Ade, and I was not surprised that he gave up.

If new exes are produced and made available then people have the choice to get them or not bother. There is no reason why they should have just one EAW set-up, so why is it a problem? With 67 downloads of 150 there must be some interest around, and check the number of views of the posts in this forum smile

Last edited by MrJelly; 08/05/16 10:20 AM.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4284959 - 08/05/16 10:15 AM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Col. Gibbon Offline
A nobody
Col. Gibbon  Offline
A nobody
Veteran

Tony, that is not an answer, because there is no detail.

This is the Gunst notes on FM's c.2003.

Quote:
FORMAT OF THE *.FLT FILES
Jeff D provided this information (short=2 byte integer, long=4 byte, float=4 byte, all C style). These figures are still very provisional:

Byte # (h)
//Engine data //Example
00 short number_of_engines //i.e. 1st two bytes
02 short engine_type //00=PROP, 01=JET, 02=ROCKET
04 float engine_altitude // Engine best at this altitude (e.g. P38H=22k feet, P38J=25k feet)
08 float Lower Altitude Section of Engine Performance. It represents Engine Power (HP)
Loss Rate from Best Altitude down to Sea Level. The more you set a negative value, the more your engine will loss HP from Best Altitude to sea level. It seems progressive meter by meter flying down and down. It ranges from 0.00 (P38H, Hurri, Spit I and V1) to 0.02 (Bf109K) and 0.09 (Tempest). Also reduces time to lift-off
0c float Upper Altitude Section of Engine Performance. The more you set a negative value, the more your engine will lose HP from Best Altitude up to Ceiling. Ranges from 0.00(V1) to 0.0001 (Me262), –0.039 (Hurri) to
–0.041 (Spit I), –0.101(P38H), –0.106 (Bf109K) and –0.1121 (Tempest)
10 float number_of_blades? 3 blades=0.006, 4= 0.007, 5=0.009, Jets=0
14 float min_throttle Engine torque multiplier (64 for all except jets, which are 25.6)

//Flight control data
18 (3 floats: max, min, rate) Throttle (P38H= 256, 0, 128)
24 (3 floats: max, min, rate) elevator (P38H= 128, -108, 256)
30 (3 floats: max, min, rate) flaps (P38H= 3, 0, 0.7)
3c (3 floats: max, min, rate) ailerons (P38H= 128, -128, 426)
48 (3 floats: max, min, rate) rudder (P38H= 128, -128, 275)

54 float max_altitude (P38H= 40,000 feet) Above this power goes to zero
58 float max_velocity Approx 1.5 x real max speed, see full notes below
5c float max_AOA
60 float critical_mach
64 float max_g Usually 9
68 float min_g All=3.0, except Hurr and Spit 1=0; max neg. g. for engine
6c float unknown

70 float mass_empty Multiply by 32.2 factor for combat weight in lbs
74 float mass_fuel
78 float unknown
7c float unknown
80 float unknown
84 float torque1?
88 float torque2
8c float torque3

//Bunch of coefficients for the flight equations : see detailed analysis below
90 (5 floats) drag stability
a4 (8 floats) sideforce stability
c4 (6 floats) lift stability
dc (9 floats) roll stability derivatives
100 (6 floats) pitch stablility derivatives
118 (9 floats) yaw stability derivatives

//The following section TIMES FIVE--lookup table data
13c long size Always 0a00=10 (5 Data curves. Each block is 0a00 0000, then 13 floats)
float delta_x 10=number of data points, at end of block. First 3 values may be data spacing and range of values
float inv_delta_x
float zero_x
float Table[10]

//The following section TIMES SIX--weapon data : see below (p. 15) for more detail
254 (3 floats) position x,y,z Gun flash position x, y & z co-ords
float secondary_position_x
float secondary_position_y
float muzzle_velocity 80% of real values
float rate_of_fire 1 second burst of fire for this weapon
float dispersion Very Important: reduces or increases effect for guns
float eject_position_1 //
float eject_position_2 //
short yaw
short duration of tracer or range

//Landing gear data
35c float height
360 float pitch (P38=0.063, B17=0.118, 110G=0.18, P51=0.19, 109E=0.24)
364 (3 floats: max, min, rate) gear_control

//This part times THREE (one for each gear)
float n
(3 floats) position x, y, z

//This part times SEVEN
(3 floats) damage position x, y, z

//This part times TWO
(3 floats) wing position x, y, z

40c //This part times FOUR
(3 floats) engine position x, y, z 4 Smoke positions
(at bytes 40c, 418, 424 and 430 – the 1st two are the jet exhaust points)

43c //Hit boxes/spheres
//This part times EIGHT Coordinates (x, y, z) and radius of hit boxes
(3 floats) hit locations x, y, z , plus float Radius

The known offsets here are:
1) 43c Single engined planes: engine (including oil & fuel lines). Multi engined planes: no effect

2) 44c Pilot

3) 45c Collision area: gun fire doesn't damage it. When disabled one can ram other planes without any damage. When enabled: collision can cause any damage independently of other hit boxes (e.g. even with pilot hit box disabled ramming a plane can kill the pilot)

4) 46c Tail section (incl. rudder and elevators)

5) 47c Right wing incl. hydraulics (four engined planes: inner right engine and wing)

6) 48c Right wing incl. aileron (four engined planes: outer right engine and wing)

7) 49c Left wing incl. hydraulics (four engined planes: inner left engine and wing)

8) 4ac Left wing incl. aileron (four engined planes: outer left engine and wing)

4bc long unknown
long radius_z
float engine_hit_points

These are quite similar to the damage table in PLANES.DAT. N.B. Byte 4a0 is the Microprose right wing error (inability to damage the left wing - the Y-coordinate is wrongly made the same as the right wing)

//This part times FIVE
4c8 (3 floats) position_of_weapons launch x, y and z coordinates of Weapons launch stations

SOME PARTICULAR FLIGHT CHARACTERISTICS
Use Jeroen's EAW AircraftEdit to change the FLT files, if not hex-editing manually.
Paulo has noted the following:
Byte 98 Drag Flaps. Change from approx –0.1 to –1 to simulate dive brakes when flaps fully extended
Byte 9c Drag Positive drag. Nearly linear to rated power. Increasing this increases acceleration.
Byte c8 Lift Wing area? Increasing the absolute value (e.g. -600 to -700) increases lift.
Bytes f0&f4 Roll related to engines (1, 2 or 4 engines)
Bytes 12c&130 Yaw related to engines (2 or 4 engines the same)

BEST ALTITUDE / LOWER ALTITUDE / UPPER ALTITUDE
One of the most important sets of numbers in the *.FLT files is the Best Altitude / Lower Altitude Section / Upper Altitude Section numbers at bytes 04, 08 and 0c. Daniele Pasqualini discovered this. Byte 04 is “Engine best at this altitude” (e.g. P38H=22k feet, P38J=25k feet). Byte is the Lower Altitude Section of Engine Performance. It represents Engine Power (HP) Loss Rate from Best Altitude down to Sea Level. The more you set a negative value, the more your engine will loss HP from Best Altitude to sea level. It seems progressive metre by metre flying down and down. Byte 0c is the Upper Altitude Section of Engine Performance. The more you set a negative value, the more your engine will lose HP from Best Altitude up to Ceiling. Positive values can be set, with sometimes unpredictable results. A full analysis is as follows:

*.FLT Byte # P38H P38J P47C P47D P51B P51D B17F B24D B26B HURR
04 BestAlt 22,000 25,000 34,000 34,000 22,000 25,000 25,000 25,000 15,000 6,000
08 Lower 0 0 0 -0.015 -0.018 -0.148 0 0 0 0
0c Upper -0.162 -0.105 -0.133 -0.116 -0.060 -0.029 0 0 -0.051 -0.039
54 Ceiling 40,000 44,000 44,000 44,000 42,000 42,000 38,500 32,000 23,500 33,200
9c Power 3592.1 3592.1 5073.1 5363.0 3529.1 3599 2268.7 2268 3781 1947

*.FLT Byte # SPIT1 SPIT9 SPIT14 TYPH TEMP MOSQ 109E 109G 109K 110C
04 BestAlt 6,000 21,000 16,000 13,750 17,000 13,000 14,000 16,000 16,400 14,000
08 Lower 0 -0.014 0 -0.075 -0.092 0 -0.023 -0.014 -0.022 -0.023
0c Upper -0.041 -0.113 -0.102 -0.12 -0.0112 -0.089 -0.047 -0.070 -0.068 -0.085
54 Ceiling 34,000 38,000 42,000 31,800 36,000 34,000 36,000 35,000 36,000 32,000
9c Power 1947 3319 4521.7 4100.2 4373.6 2990.3 2048 2775 3686 2048

*.FLT Byte # 110G 410 190A 190D 262 J88A J88C JU87 H111 V1V1
04 BestAlt 16,000 16,000 15,000 20,000 30,000 5,000 14,400 5,000 5,000 3,000
08 Lower -0.015 -0.040 -0.045 -0.020 0 -0.034 -0.018 -0.037 0 0
0c Upper -0.121 -0.066 -0.052 -0.107 -0.0001 0 0 -0.040 -0.042 0
54 Ceiling 36,300 32,800 36,000 37,000 37,600 26,200 32,400 26,200 26,300 7,000
9c Power 2988.7 2867.4 3403.1 4033.3 9.453 2079 2249.8 2252.9 2252.9 3.15

Note (for example) that the Me262 is virtually the same at all altitudes. The B17, B24 and V1 are exactly the same at all altitudes. The Spit I and Hurri have good low altitude performance, but (with a gravity feed carburettor) are poor at altitude. The Bf109E should (perhaps) be better at altitude – more like –0.03 than –0.047. And query why the Bf110C has engines that fade more at altitude than the Bf109E – they both had the same Daimler-Benz engine.

This is the sort of detail we are missing, In almost every part of EAW, and yet this detail is vital for anyone to mod EAW. Charles Gunst, Paulo, and others understood this.

1.29 download
#4284970 - 08/05/16 11:10 AM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
MrJelly Online tunes
Veteran
MrJelly  Online Tunes
Veteran

Your post re Gunsts Notes is gibberish to most people.
It was great at its time but with the source code we can see what the values really are.
Jeroan's editor did not allow changes to heaps of values, because he did not know what they were.
The worst thing is that people do not know what most of these values do

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4284989 - 08/05/16 12:03 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: MarkEAW]  
MrJelly Online tunes
Veteran
MrJelly  Online Tunes
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarkEAW
I know it has this heavily done, effects and eye candy enhanced ETO. But you already knew the answer, which makes me wonder what your intentions are to ask.

Its really fine with the the ETO Theater considering the amount of work it took, besides it takes the stock game higher. I have not tried any other theaters that I downloaded, nor managers. However, I never didn't get into other theaters back in the late 99-2001. Mostly just boosting the ETO one was enough.

I have tried other theaters briefly in the EAW source modification that you amended to using community archives. But I forgot which ones they where. I'd have to go back and try to run the DSP font-end again to see.

I asked because you are an independent observer, and wondered if you had been able to try it with other theatres.
Nothing extra is available in the download. As there are no choices that keeps it simple, but it could be seen as another version of "EAW for Dummies", in the same vein as Col Gibbon's 1.29 download.
This does not devalue the FXExe version of the "eaw.exe" itself, or the work that has gone into it, but I think that it would be nicer if more than one theatre were available, plus the means of switching. This is of course much trickier if an exe cannot use the "Dir.set" system.

wink

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4285104 - 08/05/16 05:02 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

It is as you call it for 'dummies', because that's what I've always considered to be an EAW strongpoint, even more so after I started loosing members who couldn't grasp the OAW file manager. It's a standalone addon, like ETO, but different in that it goes quite a bit further because of the added objects and features. From the first version the FXEXE files needed to be added last to whatever 1.2 theatre people were using, clean or modded, and it should work. Russ even had it working over a 1.29 version, which was a bit of a surprise.

Currently it's not designed to be used over an addon, that's what this thread was all about before it got rudely disrupted, about using the FXEXE in a more advanced way and allowing 'dummies' to do it. The goal, to design it in such a way that it will always work without changing the addon itself, irrespective of what files are present in the addon. Just dump it into the addon and fly. I can't make it simpler then that.

The question I have is will Jelly & Co allow me to do so. I have dealt with people stealing my work, illegally acquiring it under false pretenses, then releasing my work to this community without authorization and now this. I don't need anyone's permission to do what I like and I'm also not under the obligation to explain every step I take to them. Forgive me for being angry but I've been through this before with Jelly & Co.

VonBeerhofen

#4285111 - 08/05/16 05:16 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Online tunes
Veteran
MrJelly  Online Tunes
Veteran

I will send you a PM re a confidential matter smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4285427 - 08/06/16 08:00 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

I've designed a new watertile for Korea based on the original drawing by rotating app 50% of the tile to place the waves in various directions so transitions are way less disturbing I think and coastal tiles need no extra work. It's essentially still 100% the same tile.
You can download the default version of this tile to be used in any version of EAW, including the 1.50 version of Korea.
For the FXEXE the tiles need to be renamed which I will take care off myself when the time comes.

ZIP is available here:

http://rabartel.home.xs4all.nl/KoreaWaterTile.zip

My excuses if this has been done before, in that case it's now done twice.

VBH

Last edited by VonBeerhofen; 08/06/16 08:22 PM.
#4285500 - 08/07/16 06:11 AM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Online tunes
Veteran
MrJelly  Online Tunes
Veteran

Thanks VBH. I tested it with 150 and it works well smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4285519 - 08/07/16 11:22 AM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: MrJelly]  
Col. Gibbon Offline
A nobody
Col. Gibbon  Offline
A nobody
Veteran

The old Gibberish, is more informative then the Modern equivalent, which are not much better then a blank sheet of paper.

1.29 download
#4285606 - 08/07/16 09:46 PM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
trindade Offline
Mach2 Club
trindade  Offline
Mach2 Club

Portugal
Looks pretty good thumbsup

#4285968 - 08/09/16 04:38 AM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

Jelly, you'r old neaner joke.

It is a shame that all factions can not agree to develop different versions of the exe and respect that all legal versions are created in different ways, for different reasons.

EAW will never again be the queen of the prom, so why?

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4285997 - 08/09/16 10:46 AM Re: Flying Tigers FX conversion for the FXEXE, [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
Allen,

A different take on agreeing to develop different versions of the exec.

Imagine if the few developers pooled their talents and worked on ONE version on EAW.

Of course, it will never happen, what with the over sized egos some of them carry around.

The 1.5 line is the correct path, plain and simple. It is also the only line that allows a player full control over the game scenarios and plane selection. There are minor improvements and major additions throughout the 1.5 exec. Additions the player can't find in any other development lines.

Why is that?

Simple.

The code group has the source code and the best developer, the other line does not.

While it's true that the developer of the other line has squeezed a lot out of the original exec, there's simply no way to expand it the way the 1.5 line has. Now, that developer will come along and spout a bunch of nonsense about how great the line is ( and how great HE is ) but the proof is in the pudding.

We also have a split in the code group in which one member has decided to stick with an obsolete exec line because he's unwilling or incapable of learning what it takes to work with the 1.5 line. ( Trust me, it ain't rocket surgery )

In the end, we're left with a 3 way development split which is slowing down any future improvements to EAW.

The basic problem comes down to pride. Neither of these members will ever come around to 1.5 because it would mean they had to admit they were wrong, so the EAW community loses out.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.