Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4281628 - 07/24/16 08:52 PM Is there a flight recorder?  
RyanE Offline
RyanE  Offline

Maine
As the topic states. I did forum and what documents I could find searches. But nothing came up.

And I'll throw this on top of the question so as not to start a new thread...

Is there a mission editor? All I could find on some searches as people editing raw XML files. Is that the only way to build missions.

Last edited by RyanE; 07/24/16 08:54 PM.
#4281753 - 07/25/16 12:24 PM Re: Is there a flight recorder? [Re: RyanE]  
JFM Offline
JFM  Offline

Naples, FL
I don't know about editing missions but there is no in-game flight recorder. Guys who make videos use an external program, like Fraps.

#4281814 - 07/25/16 03:57 PM Re: Is there a flight recorder? [Re: RyanE]  
RyanE Offline
RyanE  Offline

Maine
OK, bummer. One of my favorite past times in ROF, IL2, and F4 was going over a mission recording to see what was going on around me. I thought with the importance of WOFF being about everything that goes on around the plane in the battle that being actually able to see it would be good.

#4281824 - 07/25/16 04:19 PM Re: Is there a flight recorder? [Re: RyanE]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
There's no mission recorder but I believe that you can press "j" (I think) for a Free camera that allows you to zoom all over the place and look for all the different flights in the air, battles going on around the front, etc during your mission. Make sure you put your plane on autopilot first though!

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4281828 - 07/25/16 04:28 PM Re: Is there a flight recorder? [Re: RyanE]  
RyanE Offline
RyanE  Offline

Maine
I saw that mentioned in one of the threads. Tried, but every time I tried switching to other objects, I got completely screwed up.

Frankly, I just spent $100 for the game and on all the add-ons. Right now, I feel I should have spent it elsewhere. The game is made with a lot of TLC, but I much more enjoy ROF and IL2. The interface is kind of kludgy, graphics are OK, but I currently own games that are much better. No mission builder or recorder are big issues with how I use the game. Another feature I sorely miss is mouse look. I tried using a sort of fix from a thread I found, but the solution looked too clunky for me to bother with at this point. And this doesn't even get into spending a day screwing around with the CFS3 install.

I'll set aside the $100 as a lesson-learned and check back in now and again to see what is going on. This is no ones fault but my own. I thought I had done my due diligence, but just never asked the right questions.

#4281886 - 07/25/16 06:52 PM Re: Is there a flight recorder? [Re: RyanE]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
I'm truly sorry to hear this isn't the sim for you Ryan but I understand. It is a fantastic single player campaign sim, but it doesn't have mouse look or a mission builder. Currently there are folks with a mission builder mod in the works, but I don't believe it has been fully integrated into the sim yet. Keep checking back and I hope you will eventually find the money well spent.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4281900 - 07/25/16 07:14 PM Re: Is there a flight recorder? [Re: RyanE]  
Stache Offline
Stache  Offline

Michigan, USA
Hi RyanE, I hope you will not give up so very quickly.
I was a ROF flyer also.
Never multiplayer always single player.
Quickly learned that the ROF campaign was not that good.
I used PWCG for a while and that was okay, but it could not overcome the problems with the ROF enemy AI.
And the atmosphere in ROF always seemed so sterile.

How many pilots have you started?
How many missions have you flown?
How many kills have you made?

Originally Posted By: RyanE
I thought with the importance of WOFF being about everything that goes on around the plane in the battle
that being actually able to see it would be good.

Yes that is a big part, but the part is being surprised when it happen, not looking for it later.
If you want to see other flights near you, you can turn on labels.

Please keep in mind that ROF and IL2, the developers have full control.
(I believe both of those are built atop a game engine newer than CFS3).
WOFF is a MOD (albeit a really comprehensive mod) to CFS3.
There are somethings the developers cannot do.

Please continue to give WOFF a chance.

A mission editor might be nice, but the campaign system in WOFF seems to do a pretty good job.

Finally yes the J "Free Camera" is 'beta', the few times I've tried to use it, I've not had much success either.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909
#4282072 - 07/26/16 01:44 PM Mission Replay [Re: RyanE]  
Winding Man Offline
Winding Man  Offline

Jhb, South Africa
In QC you can setup quite realistic scenarios over most of the map and target types and save them and then access them at any time in the Quick Scenario section.

Moreover you can then manually edit them/tweak them and use them in Quick Scenario with relative ease.

Guys the other thing is if a third party mission creator/editor is made it does not have to interface seamlessly with WOFF, it simply needs to save the mission into the Quick Scenario folder/sub folders from where they can be accessed and played in WOFF.

HTH

WM

#4282079 - 07/26/16 02:08 PM Re: Mission Replay [Re: Winding Man]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.
Originally Posted By: Winding Man

Guys the other thing is if a third party mission creator/editor is made it does not have to interface seamlessly with WOFF, it simply needs to save the mission into the Quick Scenario folder/sub folders from where they can be accessed and played in WOFF.

Why? I do not have any problem to use my editor with WOFF2 campaigns - it works as a sharm. I am going to prepare short video to show its features.

#4282083 - 07/26/16 02:15 PM Re: Mission Replay [Re: JJJ65]  
Winding Man Offline
Winding Man  Offline

Jhb, South Africa
Originally Posted By: JJJ65

Why? I do not have any problem to use my editor with WOFF2 campaigns - it works as a sharm. I am going to prepare short video to show its features.

Why?
Oh you are the bloke from the other thread that got locked.
Tread carefully if you don't want to get banned.

Because Mission Editors/Creators often are standalone apps and that's the easiest route.
If a third party app is integrated then make sure it does not violate our own copyright.

WM

OBD Software
#4282087 - 07/26/16 02:19 PM Re: Mission Replay [Re: Winding Man]  
JJJ65 Offline
JJJ65  Offline

Czech Rep.

Why?

Oh, is that your way how to communicate with modders?! thumbsup

#4282088 - 07/26/16 02:23 PM Re: Mission Replay [Re: JJJ65]  
Winding Man Offline
Winding Man  Offline

Jhb, South Africa

Why?

Oh, is that your way how to communicate with modders?! thumbsup

Oh no not modders, we host and have built in many modders requests.
But you are rude and demanding - we have no time for people like you - and that's how you clearly express yourself
Carry on and lets see where we go.

WM

OBD Software
#4282089 - 07/26/16 02:26 PM Re: Mission Replay [Re: RyanE]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

This one has run it's course and then some.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social