Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4268776 - 06/10/16 02:34 AM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Once you reach the level to kick off the Armatron storyline the stupid Rust Devils and their bots start showing up. In fact, they'll be what you'll be called to defend settlements from.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4268803 - 06/10/16 06:29 AM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Yeah, I believe it started at level 14, they're not going to be much of a problem though, I'm only going to activate a handful of settlements this time around.

And once again, I've got a Brotherhood radiant quest, "Cleansing the Commonwealth", asking me to go to Far Harbor!

I can only imagine how much the next quest based DLC will screw up the base game.

#4268819 - 06/10/16 11:05 AM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I was already level 61 when I started the Far Harbor DLC so I pretty much rolled over all enemies.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4268962 - 06/10/16 07:39 PM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
I was level 77 when I arrived but they seemed to be fairly tough until I started using Old Reliable and a legendary pole hook. I would guess that most of them had scaled beyond the effectiveness of my older weapons by the time I got there.

However when I went back to the Commonwealth those same weapons seemed somewhat nerfed as well.

Mind you I never bothered with drugs and other attack bonus items too much, nor do I use weapons with rare ammo types too often.

#4269618 - 06/13/16 12:15 PM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Crane Hunter]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Crane Hunter

Mind you I never bothered with drugs and other attack bonus items too much,
Ah ok. I use psychobuff all the time. smile

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 06/13/16 12:15 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4269690 - 06/13/16 04:26 PM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
I only drink purified water and use RadX, Radaway, and stimpacks.

The rest I sell in order to purchase stores at my settlements.

It dawned on me that my character is rather low for "romancing" Curie. Assuming she's a fully formed AI, let's look at the situation:

Curie spends the first twenty years of her robotic life working with scientists who are rather inconsistent with how they treat her - from colleague worthy of respect to just another robot - and the next two hundred years in complete isolation.

The very first person she meets after this long time frees her from her laboratory and brings the open world to her - which is her only desire (and who can blame her after 240 years in what amounts to be a cell)* - and treats her as if she is human. Hell, if one treated her like garbage she'd still slavishly stick to that person out of the fear of being alone again.

The character then gets her robot brain transferred into a full synth body, which brings on a tidal wave of sensations and emotions Curie has no way of being able to assimilate in a piecemeal fashion. One day she's binary, the next the soup of parallel processing and hormonal effects of what amounts to being human. She says she's afraid of forgetting to breathe and die early on.

We drag her around, throwing her into combat almost immediately, and seem to save her life over and over again.

While she's in this vulnerable state trying to figure out how to deal with emotions and an entirely different way of forming thoughts what do we do? Make sexual advances. Yea, us. Classy. Way to earn the Sexual Predator Achievement.

* If Curie couldn't leave the lab, how did the last scientist to die get buried in one of the lockers in the hallway outside of where Curie was locked up?

Last edited by Dart; 06/13/16 04:38 PM.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4269700 - 06/13/16 04:51 PM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Curie has that sexy French accent. She uses it on purpose to lure men.

#4269704 - 06/13/16 05:00 PM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Actually, she was programmed that way.

WTF is up with those VaultTech guys, anyway?

From Laser:
#4269762 - 06/13/16 07:55 PM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Ah ok. I use psychobuff all the time. smile

This time around I'm the wasteland Scarface; "F*ck Eddie Winter, and f*ck, the f*cking Bobrov brothers, f*ck em all, I bury those rad roaches!"

Originally Posted By: Dart
I only drink purified water and use RadX, Radaway, and stimpacks.

The rest I sell in order to purchase stores at my settlements.

It dawned on me that my character is rather low for "romancing" Curie. Assuming she's a fully formed AI, let's look at the situation:

Curie spends the first twenty years of her robotic life working with scientists who are rather inconsistent with how they treat her - from colleague worthy of respect to just another robot - and the next two hundred years in complete isolation.

The very first person she meets after this long time frees her from her laboratory and brings the open world to her - which is her only desire (and who can blame her after 240 years in what amounts to be a cell)* - and treats her as if she is human. Hell, if one treated her like garbage she'd still slavishly stick to that person out of the fear of being alone again.

The character then gets her robot brain transferred into a full synth body, which brings on a tidal wave of sensations and emotions Curie has no way of being able to assimilate in a piecemeal fashion. One day she's binary, the next the soup of parallel processing and hormonal effects of what amounts to being human. She says she's afraid of forgetting to breathe and die early on.

We drag her around, throwing her into combat almost immediately, and seem to save her life over and over again.

While she's in this vulnerable state trying to figure out how to deal with emotions and an entirely different way of forming thoughts what do we do? Make sexual advances. Yea, us. Classy. Way to earn the Sexual Predator Achievement.

* If Curie couldn't leave the lab, how did the last scientist to die get buried in one of the lockers in the hallway outside of where Curie was locked up?

It is what it is, at least you didn't turn her into a monstrous killbot like I did.

#4272810 - 06/23/16 11:32 PM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Crane Hunter]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Originally Posted By: Crane Hunter

This time around I'm the wasteland Scarface; "F*ck Eddie Winter, and f*ck, the f*cking Bobrov brothers, f*ck em all, I bury those rad roaches!"

LOL, I saw a vision Scarface when I saw this. I too am going to re-start with a different persona, to see how the new DLC ties in with the base and its outcome.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
32 GB DDR3 1600Mhz memory, Win10 Pro 64 bit, DX11,
24GB GTX 980M video
Alienware Graphics Amplifier w GTX 1080 Strix Edition 8GB
A-10 Warthog HOTAS Joystick w/ Pedals
#4273668 - 06/27/16 01:14 AM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Need a '50s style cover of Push it to the Limit.

Maybe a noir lounge "Rush-rush to the Psycho, buzz buzz give me Psycho..." from Magnolia?

Anyway that DLC breaks the base game's back, like so, wiiith its knee!

You might as well throw a bunch of random mods in there, I honestly think Bethesda hardly playtested it with the mods beyond a quick check for incompatibilities.

#4274361 - 06/29/16 05:25 AM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Just tried to build my own new robot series. Is there a wiki available that's actually informative about the combinations of equipment to make various bots?

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
24GB GTX 980M video
#4274379 - 06/29/16 07:42 AM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Found it.....just have to love player made wiki's, some good, some bad, this one.....WIP.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
24GB GTX 980M video
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.