Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4270599 - 06/16/16 06:46 AM Re: The Future of WOFF - One Players Opinion ***** [Re: Hellshade]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Hellshade
Originally Posted By: HumanDrone
But glory of Heaven, just LOOK at that screenshot by Olham! Tell me that isn't a close to a photograph as you can get!

Agreed. Winder has created an immersive illusion of altitude and depth of field that is truly unrivaled.
His use of color and AnKors shading (and whomever else might be to thank) is incredible.

The colours and textures of the landscapes, and the hazy impressions of distance are quite unique, as you said already.
Maybe only "Cliffs of Dover" can get close here - and that is meant as a big compliment.

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4271356 - 06/18/16 03:38 PM Re: The Future of WOFF - One Players Opinion [Re: Hellshade]  
CW3SF Offline
CW3SF  Offline

colorado & arizona
Pol, most of us spend alot of money on our "gaming computers" amd look at the fees you charge as "really
cheep" for what we get.

I would think going with "Steam" would give WOFF a huge boost in sales and let you sell "Disks" without the
issue of "copys made"with out payment to you.

A lot of gamers are searching for a game that will test them and let them be in the moment with out becomming "stale" after repeated play after play. Woff is just that! Like who has done all planes even for a short time.

Being on steam also take the issue of out side hackers infecting the game. Last spring I had that happen
and had to go through the "start from scrach" with WOFF. My CIV5 with in Steam was not affected at all.

Just my 2 cents!

Origin made- silverstone case,ASUS Max VI Extreme , CPU intel Core i7 4770k, cooling asotex 570LC, NVIDA 3G GTX 780 Ti , Mem 16GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 ,game drive 120GB INTEL X25 SS, OS drive 1TB, Win 7 home Prem.Logitech G105 key board,BenQ XL2430 Gaming Monitor.
All pilots owe me a beer. Retired USAF Rescue/Survival, Special Forces, and MI (after I got old and grey).
#4271366 - 06/18/16 04:37 PM Re: The Future of WOFF - One Players Opinion [Re: Hellshade]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Thanks CW3SF, we have to sort somethings before we can be on steam but it may be an option at some point.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4271373 - 06/18/16 05:36 PM Re: The Future of WOFF - One Players Opinion [Re: Hellshade]  
HarryH Offline
HarryH  Offline

Pol, I imagine one of the challenges is the MS CFS3 piece. Without that incorporated with your excellent collection of add-ons, it's hard to see how you could deploy a complete "product" on Steam, which I believe is what's needed to be able to reach a slightly broader market. I do hope you are able to figure out some way to persuade MS to let you do a zero royalty (or at the very least, a super low cost) bundle of CFS3 (heck, in my opinion, they should pay you!). Who heads up their PC gaming division these days? Do they even have one anymore? smile

H

System: i5 8600K @ 3.6GHz,16GB DDR4 @2666MHz. RTX2080, MSI Z370 mobo, Dell 27" G-SYNC @ 144Hz. 2560x1440

#4271384 - 06/18/16 06:14 PM Re: The Future of WOFF - One Players Opinion [Re: Hellshade]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Revenue wise Steam is possibly a good way to go. The thing is though is that WW1 flight sims are such a niche market.
But maybe OBD,S none ww1 project could nail it.

I Believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) that Steam takes 30% of the sales straight away.
Also I cannot think of a single title on steam where the community discussions are amicable to say the least..again I could be wrong (tell a lie,the Evochron Legacy site isn't too bad)

I have loads of titles on steam,I personally really like it..I just stay away from the discussions you just cannot have the type of discussions and friendly advice on here ,over on steam. Idiots giving bad reviews over there after an hr in the game?? And so on...
But OBD deserve every penny that they can get,and so if that means that at some point having a title on Steam then the very best of luck.
Il always be excited in any OBD products because of the fantastic sims they produce and the incredible support that they give.
Looking forward to your upcoming projects guys,all the best cheers

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4271440 - 06/18/16 11:27 PM Re: The Future of WOFF - One Players Opinion [Re: Polovski]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: Polovski
Thanks CW3SF, we have to sort somethings before we can be on steam but it may be an option at some point.

I really wish you the best with this, Pol. This game deserves to be seen by a larger audience, and OBD deserves more gold and glory.

WOFF 3 is simply amazing. You would be coming to Steam with a vast world that hasn't been seen in combat flight simulators since IL-2 1946 was released 10 years ago. But then, you already know that. smile

And let them wail and fight on the Steam forums without concern...its how they have fun! hahaha

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4271524 - 06/19/16 02:01 PM Re: The Future of WOFF - One Players Opinion [Re: Hellshade]  
CW3SF Offline
CW3SF  Offline

colorado & arizona
Yes, the forum conversations are 12-13 year old snip and crap at best on steam. But they do have $$$$ to spend
and will jump at any thing that will give them a new sensation.

When Civ 6 was previewed, all joined in disliking the "loony toons" graphics in mass. Thousands of people
jumped into the fray the first day. As of now many times that looking and reading.

That kind of mass interest would ( could ) do wonders for WOFF!

Origin made- silverstone case,ASUS Max VI Extreme , CPU intel Core i7 4770k, cooling asotex 570LC, NVIDA 3G GTX 780 Ti , Mem 16GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 ,game drive 120GB INTEL X25 SS, OS drive 1TB, Win 7 home Prem.Logitech G105 key board,BenQ XL2430 Gaming Monitor.
All pilots owe me a beer. Retired USAF Rescue/Survival, Special Forces, and MI (after I got old and grey).
#4271636 - 06/19/16 09:01 PM Re: The Future of WOFF - One Players Opinion [Re: Polovski]  
devere Offline
devere  Offline

Should such an event come to pass, what would be the chances of getting steam keys for those who have purchased already directly from you?

I'm just thinking it would allow a lot of us to hit the steam reviews sections with a load of positive reviews for WOFF on release date.

#4271976 - 06/21/16 08:51 AM Re: The Future of WOFF - One Players Opinion [Re: Hellshade]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

All hypothetical at the moment so no answer.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4271990 - 06/21/16 11:25 AM Re: The Future of WOFF - One Players Opinion [Re: Hellshade]  
JimAttrill Offline
JimAttrill  Offline

Johannesburg, South Africa
Wot is this steam anyway?

LG 27" 27mp65 monitor; EVGA GTX970 GPU; AMD Ryzen 3500 CPU; Corsair 750w PSU; MSI X470 mobo

RAF 1966-73 Cpl Engine Fitter (Retd.) Trenchard brat 206th Entry
DBA and systems programmer 1981-2005. Now retired since 2014
#4271999 - 06/21/16 12:39 PM Re: The Future of WOFF - One Players Opinion [Re: JimAttrill]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: JimAttrill
Wot is this steam anyway?

Jim, STEAM is kinda "marketplace" and base for games.
You can play the bought games online during a STEAM connection, and don't have
to install them fully on your system. All your progress will get saved.

STEAM

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4272064 - 06/21/16 04:57 PM Re: The Future of WOFF - One Players Opinion [Re: Hellshade]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
I don't know squat, but I think Steam is a very unlikely scenario for WOFF. Odds are much greater that once they finish with the last patch (whenever that might be, if not already done) they will simply turn their focus to their non-WWI project.

I think it's natural for rumors, wishes and hopes to be expressed about what will come next for WOFF but the reality is that at some point, there won't be anything big for WOFF on the horizon because the devs will be focused on their new project and I can only imagine they will want to dump the same passion and attention to detail into it that they have done for WOFF. It's just kind of who they are. No harm in speculation, of course! Like I said, for a community that has never been in a situation that there wasn't something big in the works for WOFF, it's going to be a very new experience and it's going to take some time adjusting to that.

If it makes the devs more money, I'd love to see WOFF on Steam despite whatever drawbacks may or may not come with that. If it happens, I will do my best to make the new folks to the community welcome. In the meantime, I've got a war to fight. biggrin

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4272153 - 06/21/16 09:13 PM Re: The Future of WOFF - One Players Opinion [Re: Polovski]  
markl Offline
markl  Offline

A better option would be GoG if possible no DRM (yet) But I am biased as I have no interest in s steam account.

Regards MarkL

MarkL
#4273348 - 06/25/16 04:10 PM Re: The Future of WOFF - One Players Opinion [Re: HumanDrone]  
CaptSopwith Offline
Barmy WingNut
CaptSopwith  Offline
Barmy WingNut

United States
Originally Posted By: HumanDrone
A shout-out to Raine and Shredward for great posts, and an understanding nod to Pol.

But glory of Heaven, just LOOK at that screenshot by Olham! Tell me that isn't a close to a photograph as you can get! Ok, yes, except for a certain beloved Beagle... But it is simply awesome - and I've been airborne enough to know (as have many of you, I'm sure). Criminee! That's what continues to get me - the unique, probably once in a lifetime mix of historic devotion, talent, and attention to detail that has produced a truly monumental work.

I don't know what you've got up your collective sleeves, but if you did for WWII what you've done for WWI... Well, you'd have this paying customer at least. You guys put it out, I'm buying it, it's that simple. And I've been "preaching" it wherever I go.

Not to derail the current discussion, but I also wanted to touch on what HumanDrone said a few days ago. I noticed the same details while flying the other night. Granted, I'm still back in V2, but the atmosphere is amazing! The distance fog, the look of the terrain at all distances - not just at high altitude or down low - is impeccable. Here's a few screenshots from my time in the air that demonstrate this:

In an odd way, WOFF mirrors real life landscape photography. The screenshot function sort of "flattens" out the depth of field. It reminds me of shooting images from distance with an iPhone camera rather than something with a telephoto lens. The screenshots don't quite do the scene justice - but they get close.

Amazing visuals. And when you consider the age of the graphics engine they're working with... well then, that is a miracle!

Last edited by CaptSopwith; 06/25/16 04:10 PM.
#4275444 - 07/02/16 03:30 PM Re: The Future of WOFF - One Players Opinion [Re: Hellshade]  
JimBobb Offline
JimBobb  Offline

If Woff will be on GOG or Steam, i can pay double the price,,,, no! make it triple !!

wink

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse