Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4267271 - 06/05/16 04:24 PM Re: FXExe release [Re: MrJelly]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
So despite the distractions I guess that the answer to my question is that there are no torpedo carrying aircraft in the FXExe release. That is all I wanted to know.

As I am back at home I have been able to test the FXExe in Windows 10.

It is a bit of a disaster with the d3dwindower- screens above 1024x768 tend to look like this

I would add that this is not FXExe sepecific as it also happens with 1.2 and 1.26.

Single mission parameter selections are difficult in Win 10 because in many cases when you click on a selection it does not jump to the next one, but keeps skipping here there and everywhere. It can take some time for the user to make the desired selection.
Both on my Vista laptop and Win 10 desktop the searchlights can suddenly start rotating at "78 rpm".
It would be good to see these problems fixed in the next release.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4267272 - 06/05/16 04:28 PM Re: FXExe release [Re: MrJelly]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
3DZ Master/Campaign Designer
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
There's a huge difference between hexediting and programming in assembly language, Sofar nothing was easy in creating the FXEXE but we didn't go to the moon because it was easy. It just gets easier over time after you've gained more knowledge and I can safely say that I possess more knowledge about EAW then most. We'll see how hard it gets, smile

VBH

#4267278 - 06/05/16 04:45 PM Re: FXExe release [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: VonBeerhofen
I can safely say that I possess more knowledge about EAW then most.
VBH

Eh, not likely.

In the other thread you're having a hard time with 3dz files. biggrin

#4267286 - 06/05/16 05:01 PM Re: FXExe release [Re: MrJelly]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

I have Windows 10 and not having this problem, but I'm only at 1024x768. Not sure if I've gone above that. You shouldn't need a wrapper in win10 at all. But anyways if you use a wrapper in win10 , they don't work properly. 140 had blue screens when I used a wrapper too, even in DXWND wrapper.

Jel, How would he fix those problems you mentioned? What code was used?

For the selection on the mission parameter screen a delay would need to be used, but what code changes that?

#4267392 - 06/05/16 11:36 PM Re: FXExe release [Re: MrJelly]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Visit my picture gallery Rotton and have a look how much problems I have with 3DZ models, lol

FXEXE download URL full updated version:
http://rabartel.home.xs4all.nl/LPDLindexF.html

FXEXE description page:
http://eaw.neocities.org/eaw-fxexe-description.html

FXEXE picture gallery:
http://rabartel.home.xs4all.nl/test/Gallery/image/

This addon is NOT mirrored anywhere, these are the only official locations.
Beware of copies, you may not get what you've bargained for.

VonBeerhofen

#4267400 - 06/06/16 12:25 AM Re: FXExe release [Re: MrJelly]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
Hey, VBH, I looked through a bunch of those pictures, didn't see any airplanes. Which is what we were talking about.

With all due respect, nothing there indicates an advanced knowledge of 3dz model making. All the shapes are very basic and unrefined. The graphics are another story. They are in a class by themselves.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4268639 - 06/09/16 03:24 PM Re: FXExe release [Re: MrJelly]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Mark, a delay routine is a simple counter which counts down from a certain value untill it reaches zero. During the countdown no information will be processed and the game halts.
The problem with EAW's key processing is that it is programmed to allow muliple keys to be added to a queue, also known as the keyboard buffer.
In EAW the keystrokes will be added to the queue as long as a key is pressed, this has the advantage that for instance keeping the throttle key pressed the throttle setting goes up without needing multiple strikes on that key.

The routine which selects actions for the keystrokes is programmed to process all keys in the queue untill none are left. With the newer operating systems this causes a problem, probably because the sound irq no longer plays untill the key is released or the buffer is filled with many repetitions of that key. Telling the routine to process only single strokes and move on with the action after, would solve this and will work fine in the parameter screen.
It's not good for the throttle routine ofcourse or anything which needs quick processing of multiple keystrokes or a continued input from a key, it would only do the command one time and expects another keystroke to do it again.
For this Windows uses a repeat (delay) counter, which effectively does exactly the same thing as the delay mentioned by Mr. Jelly but at the time it's unclear to me if the newer operating systems will use it in EAW.

When not, then creating such a delay is one solution, the other one is to program the single keystroke option by exiting the for/next loop after a keystroke has been processed and setting the queue back to the beginning of the queue, effectively erasing other keystrokes still present in that queue.

VonBeerhofen

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.