Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4226165 - 02/06/16 10:46 PM Just another day in the Commonwealth  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
So morning comes and after a nice breakfast of Frosted Sugar Bombs and coffee, I decided to check out the Sanctuary Hills Community Center.

I'm going to have to fire the current daycare minders, as clearly they don't understand either their duties or what appropriate toys for toddlers are.

One of the couriers informed me that crazy old Blake Abernathy wants to talk to me. I'd better go see what he wants or he'll get all snippy and cut off the flow of tax money to the Minutemen from the shops I set up there.

On the way I passed through the Red Rocket Truck Stop, where I heard some general griping about things. This friggin' ghoul didn't seem to be very happy over his breakfast of 240 year old pink food paste. I told him to eat it and be happy or get his rotting butt back out into the wasteland.

Seems some of my Minutemen were visiting, no doubt because of the bar. I told the Abernathy family they wear those scarves over their mouths as part of the uniform, but it's really because of the smell. Abernathy goes a little heavy on the use of feces as fertilizer.

I guess the tinfoil hat isn't keeping out the right kind of rays, because he's convinced he's got a Super Mutant problem. Sigh. He hears about Super Mutants holing up anywhere in the Commonwealth and suddenly is convinced they're a threat. They've never seen one in his little corner of nothing.

Hell, he's complaining about the ones in the Trinity church in the middle of Boston. But Abernathy farm has been a really good source of caps, far above expectations, so Curie and I will go down there and kill the three or four of them to make him happy.

Besides, his daughter is a bit naive about things and since I rescued her have been concerned for her welfare. I decided to check up on her and see if she's decided to turn her life around and do something respectable:

Apparently not. Well, that explains both the Minuteman visits and the increase in tax collections.

We hoverbird down to Boston Common, make our way to the church, and after a brief firefight pause to contemplate the state of affairs. Curie, being a robot brain put into a cyborg, seems to have been programmed for prayer.

We go down to the Castle to tell Preston about Abernathy going off his meds, but he has an urgent mission - one of the farms is under attack.

I call for a hoverbird. Hey, I'm a General - does anyone expect me to walk?

As we come in I wind up the minigun and curse that damned Blake Abernathy twice over. This is a Super Mutant problem.

We circle once and I dust them as best I could without hitting the settlers, and jump down to take them on with my trusty assault rifle that I outfitted with incendiary rounds.

The hoverbird hovered about and added it's nose gun to the effort.

I did my best to lead them away from the settlement, taking a few hits to the ballistic weave of my shirt that hurt but didn't wound, and in short order the crackle of laser turrets and the crack of rifles fell silent.

Super Mutant corpses lay scattered about as I reloaded my rifle and turned towards the settlement.

We beat back the Super Mutants, but not without a cost. Three settlers and a Minuteman trooper dead along with four more Super Mutants inside the fence.

We fly back to the Castle where Preston, my adjutant, takes the news in stride.

And tells me of yet another problem, this time with the Gunners. Actually, he tells Curie about it. I studiously ignore the attention he gives her, as I don't think he gets much action, to be honest.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4238569 - 03/10/16 04:51 PM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Wow, you really go all in on your settlements!

Nice General's uniform BTW.

How well defended was that particular settlement?

#4238589 - 03/10/16 05:47 PM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Uh...interesting looking character. lol

I just recently finished the game myself and enjoyed it a lot. I played totally un-modded though.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4238749 - 03/11/16 06:45 AM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer

I just recently finished the game myself and enjoyed it a lot. I played totally un-modded though.

Anybody warped enough to promote this skin has to be just a wee bit off. wink

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#4244919 - 03/31/16 09:07 AM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Any feedback on the Armatron add on? I have been debating the purchase, but have lost interest in this after defeating the Synths/

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
32 GB DDR3 1600Mhz memory, Win10 Pro 64 bit, DX11,
24GB GTX 980M video
Alienware Graphics Amplifier w GTX 1080 Strix Edition 8GB
A-10 Warthog HOTAS Joystick w/ Pedals
#4257805 - 05/08/16 12:18 PM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
462cid Offline
462cid  Offline

USA
This is Fallout 4? Why do I not have this game

What kind of car is that? What does it matter? When I drive it, I'm Steve McQueen
#4258036 - 05/08/16 10:22 PM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
letterboy1 Offline
(Heterosexual)Tchaikovsky Ballet Fan
letterboy1  Offline
Lifer

Columbus, GA USA

Just curious, did you have to build a teleporting unit at the end? Just asking to make sure we played the same game.

Just wondering because I am becoming even more amazed at how I suck at PC games compared to you. Mind you, this not a jab at you . . . rather this is a jab at me. I just did not realize how bad I am at PC games. Heh heh.

Seriously, I have tried this game unmodded, modded, with cheats, without cheats, with alcohol. without alcohol, with heroin, without heroin, etc . . . I just don't understand how to connect power generators to other units. biggrin

The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
#4258331 - 05/09/16 05:52 PM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: letterboy1]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: letterboy1
Just curious, did you have to build a teleporting unit at the end?
Yes I did.

Your posts always crack me up LB. smile

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 05/09/16 05:53 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4258536 - 05/10/16 06:10 AM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
The Armatron DLC is okay, but the difficulty level at the end is a bit of a steep slope. I'm not really into robots that aren't sexy, so I only built one or two, including one that causes a CTD when I get close to him.

I actually restarted in order to fix some of the mistakes in settlements I made the first time around.* I chose the same path, though.

I'm pretty conservative on mods - just a couple cosmetic ones and only one game play mod - a synth trap. It's an electrical trap that zaps synths hiding within my settler population. I had to get it to find out who was the last synth to clear a "settlement under attack" mission; it turned out to be one of the brahmin! It was the only time I've used it, though.

I also got the "don't call me 'settler'" mod, which grabs a name from Codsworth's list and randomly assigns it to new settlers showing up. So now I feel kind of bad when they get killed by raiders or whatever.

I need to make a video of Preston's almost pleading attempts at getting me to "romance" him along with a very cold "yes, you're one of my dearest friends" responses. It's just as heart breaking as it is cruel and hilarious.

* Most notably the big teleporter unit to get inside the Institute. This time I placed it so that a proper museum can be built around it.

[edit]

The trick to connecting generators to stuff that need power is poles and wires.

Last edited by Dart; 05/10/16 06:11 AM.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4258602 - 05/10/16 01:02 PM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Dart
I need to make a video of Preston's almost pleading attempts at getting me to "romance" him along with a very cold "yes, you're one of my dearest friends" responses. It's just as heart breaking as it is cruel and hilarious.

LOL!! Yeah, I was surprised that I got the "romance" option with Preston in my game even though I had already hooked up with Piper.

#4259107 - 05/11/16 11:43 PM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
letterboy1 Offline
letterboy1  Offline
Lifer

Columbus, GA USA
Hey Dart, could you make that beret a raspberry beret?

The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.
#4261975 - 05/20/16 08:44 AM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Originally Posted By: Dart
The Armatron DLC is okay, but the difficulty level at the end is a bit of a steep slope. I'm not really into robots that aren't sexy, so I only built one or two, including one that causes a CTD when I get close to him.

It was a bit of a bear. The robot building was indeed challenging to find the right fit of kit to be the most useful.

Anyone grabbing Far Harbor DLC? Comments or feedback greatly appreciated for that one too.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
24GB GTX 980M video
#4262011 - 05/20/16 11:08 AM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: strykerpsg]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: strykerpsg

Anyone grabbing Far Harbor DLC? Comments or feedback greatly appreciated for that one too.

I've put in 3 hours into it so far and I really like it. The scale and scope is much larger compared to Armatron since Far Harbor takes place on a new map.

#4262250 - 05/21/16 01:51 AM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
Originally Posted By: strykerpsg

I've put in 3 hours into it so far and I really like it. The scale and scope is much larger compared to Armatron since Far Harbor takes place on a new map.

Thanks for some feedback PM. I think I will give it a dive into as well.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
24GB GTX 980M video
#4263674 - 05/25/16 05:52 AM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
strykerpsg Offline
strykerpsg  Offline

Land of the Morning Calm
I keep getting a CTD now that the game has updated. I'll give the verify file cache a shot and re-install if I must. Thank goodness for cloud back up.

Laptop:
Alienware M17 R3
i7-6820MQ
24GB GTX 980M video
#4265224 - 05/29/16 06:56 PM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Usually that does the trick for me. Heck, the saves aren't considered part of the installation, so one can remove the game from the system, re-install, and get right back to chugging.

I met my first game-killing bug! Much like the Piper-Armor Bench sound glitch (where she makes the sound of it working continuously and can be cleared by making her go back to it and ordering her to stop once she starts sewing), Curie sounded like a robot walking after playing with the robot work bench and holding her arms as if she was working the panel for it.

I tried everything to no avail, so I just started a new game, which is just as well. Foresight being wonderful, I'm now doing things a bit differently to help me at the later stages, and definitely making smarter settlements.

From Laser:
#4268430 - 06/08/16 10:14 PM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
I'm also on a fresh game, this time around I'm going to go Brotherhood, pass up on the Minutemen, limit the amount of settlments and generally do everything else differently.

The only problem so far is that my first Brotherhood quest involves fetching something from deep within the Far Harbor island, which is probably not going to happen anytime soon.

I also find the opposition is at times a lot tougher than my original playthroughs, at level 7 and having only only discovered a handful of locations, I'd already encountered an Assaultron, 2 Mister Gutsies, a random Deathclaw and even a Putrid Glowing Ghoul!

Spawn rates are much higher as well.

At least the loot seems much better this time around, I'm wondering though if the DLCs didn't break the game somewhat?

#4268556 - 06/09/16 11:18 AM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Crane Hunter]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Crane Hunter

The only problem so far is that my first Brotherhood quest involves fetching something from deep within the Far Harbor island, which is probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Oh. You mean that the Far Harbor DLC has now been integrated into the main storyline of the original game? I just assumed that Far Harbor just had its own separate storyline from the rest of the game.

#4268645 - 06/09/16 03:37 PM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
The replacement of random raiders with robots due to the Armatron DLC did up the game's difficulty, that's for sure.

From Laser:
#4268769 - 06/10/16 01:09 AM Re: Just another day in the Commonwealth [Re: Dart]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
Yeah, Far Harbor content is in, for example my first good item drop right after I left Concorde was a VATS enhanced Meat Hook.

The robots I've encountered were all vanilla. So far I haven't encountered any Automatron baddies, you might have to activate the quest or at least go to Rust Devil HQ to find any, I'm hoping.

I found both DLCs seemed to make the Commonwealth tougher, on my last playthrough I came back from Far Harbor and struggled at times with enemies I used to just walk through, seeing things like Raiders with nuka grenades and the like.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.