Found a box of old cassette tapes, one of which was the musical score, Victory at Sea by Richard Rogers and Robert Bennett. Had a hell of time finding something to play it on, but when I did, it brought back to me, what a beautiful and haunting soundtrack it was. If you have never heard it, you can easily find it on You Tube.
Anyway, that led me to hunt down some of the video episodes, one of which mentioned a TBM Avenger gunner who was buried at sea inside the aircraft he was killed in. Some more internet hunting led me to a site devoted to the gunner, Aviation Machinist Mate (Gunner) 2nd Class Loyce E Deen from Altus, Oklahoma. Guy's, it's worth a quick visit. It contains photo's and video of the actual aircraft returning from the mission that Deen was killed in. If nothing else, watch the video called 'Going Home', which shows them preparing the plane for burial( apparently, Deen was too shot up from AA to remove from the plane) and the ceremony. Have some Kleenex handy.

There are 2 video's. The first one at the top of the page is from the video series. The one you want is further down and called 'Going Home'.

http://www.loyceedeen.org/