Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4263551 - 05/24/16 07:29 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Good for you Gunny, glad you enjoy the game.

I thought it was #%&*$# myself and got a refund.

Last edited by Master; 05/24/16 07:30 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4263583 - 05/24/16 08:45 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
I hope they patch it up and it becomes a worthy sale title. I can't say I'm surprised it's not impressing on release, as that seems to be the exception instead of the rule today, but I didn't buy it yet either so I have no ostrich in the race.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4263836 - 05/25/16 05:30 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA
Some of the posters are less than TRUTHFULL when they post that they played "Homefront: The Revolution" and that the game is unplayable, etc... I checked their account on STEAM, and they don't or did not owned that game!...

What a refreshing approach!...

Busted!!! rofl

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

This is not the bars that keep the Tiger in the cage, this is the space between the bars.
#4263840 - 05/25/16 05:52 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
The videos reviews and gameplay I've seen were all positive. I dropped my preorder only because I'd picked up a few games and wouldn't get to it right away. I'll buy it though, prob when I see it around $20 on Steam or disc with Steam key on amazon.
That type of gameplay isn't for a lot of people.

*Keep in mind, some play it on console. It's the same game either way, but not everyone will show on Steam.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4263851 - 05/25/16 06:29 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Snakeyes Offline
XBL: sSnakeyes
Snakeyes  Offline
XBL: sSnakeyes

Arizona, USA
I purchased the game for the PC from Steam. I didn't totally dislike what I saw, but it didn't really grab my interest either so I got a refund. For me, $60 USD is a lot to spend on entertainment software and I expect a lot of entertainment value from it. I'll likely repurchase it during a winter sale when the coop has been fleshed out with additional missions and the game has been polished with some patches.

#4263910 - 05/25/16 08:26 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Gunnyhighway
Some of the posters are less than TRUTHFULL when they post that they played "Homefront: The Revolution" and that the game is unplayable, etc... I checked their account on STEAM, and they don't or did not owned that game!...

What a refreshing approach!...

Busted!!! rofl

Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night lol.

#4264005 - 05/26/16 12:03 AM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA
Originally Posted By: Raw Kryptonite

*Keep in mind, some play it on console. It's the same game either way, but not everyone will show on Steam.

True and gamers using console post on the bottom of the menu in "Miscellaneous/Console Gaming" which is a space reserved at this effect, and not here which space is reserved for Tactical PC gaming. yep

Hence, posters here are PC gamers!

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

This is not the bars that keep the Tiger in the cage, this is the space between the bars.
#4264027 - 05/26/16 01:18 AM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Aeronautico Offline
Aeronautico  Offline

Milan, Italy
It would be interesting to see how valuations of the game differ inside and outside of the US, if they do.
I suspect that natives wink are more keen, and used to the "invading" scenario than the "invaded" one. hahaha

exitstageleft

Airplanes are now built to carry a pilot and a dog in the cockpit: the pilot's job is
to feed the dog, and the dog's job is to bite the pilot if he touches anything...

- Arlen Rens, Lockheed Martin test pilot
#4264193 - 05/26/16 04:20 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Aeronautico]  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA
Originally Posted By: Aeronautico
It would be interesting to see how valuations of the game differ inside and outside of the US, if they do.
I suspect that natives wink are more keen, and used to the "invading" scenario than the "invaded" one. hahaha

exitstageleft

That there is an ethnocentric dimension and a political bias in those posts is indubitable.

Moreover, some post emanate from players that never played the game, and wish to support friends posting, ignoring who owns what. Also, other posters might have played the game on console and posted on the wrong part of the site creating (willingly and not willingly) confusion between Console and PC. The PC version of that game is fine, only the console version experienced difficulties.

Today, that thread is the echo of a disheveled rioting narcissistic mob. yep

You should have seen SimHQ ten years ago; it was the tactical gaming common sense HQ, and the reference for accurate observation of games. sigh

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

#4264204 - 05/26/16 04:50 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

exitstageleft

That there is an ethnocentric dimension and a political bias in those posts is indubitable.

Moreover, some post emanate from players that never played the game, and wish to support friends posting, ignoring who owns what. Also, other posters might have played the game on console and posted on the wrong part of the site creating (willingly and not willingly) confusion between Console and PC. The PC version of that game is fine, only the console version experienced difficulties.

Today, that thread is the echo of a disheveled rioting narcissistic mob. yep

You should have seen SimHQ ten years ago; it was the tactical gaming common sense HQ, and the reference for accurate observation of games. sigh

Or it could just be that some people dont like the game and you cant come to terms with it. I also dont particularly like being insinuated as a liar or that I dont know what a tactical game is.

The game is rubbish. Maybe after a few patches it wont be but it was on launch. That is my opinion based on the fact that I played the PC version on release day.

#4264220 - 05/26/16 05:30 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA

True and gamers using console post on the bottom of the menu in "Miscellaneous/Console Gaming" which is a space reserved at this effect, and not here which space is reserved for Tactical PC gaming. yep

That's not really true and you shouldn't assume that. These days games that are released on consoles and PC at same time, don't differ much if at all in between platforms, other than better framerate on PC if you have good hardware. I own all 3 platforms (PC, XB1, PS4) and I don't restrict my discussion of the console games to the console subforum if there's a better discussion of it on one of the PC subforums, that's especially true for tactical games like Battlefield, The Division, Far Cry etc.

The reviews on Homefront have echoed what I see in this thread, a flawed game which has potential if they polish it (unfortunately the same thing as the the 2011 Homefront game).

If you enjoy the game enough to overlook the current flaws then that's great, but many of us will be annoyed by the flaws enough to not want to spend our time and money on it.

Personally I hope the dev team uses the negative reviews and feedback to improve the game to the point where it becomes much better, for now I will leave it on my wishlist to pick up sometime later when it's cheaper and hopefully improved via patches.

Diablo 3 started off as a massive disappointment on launch and I regretted buying it, but the dev team were wise enough to use the feedback from negative reviews to fix it and turn it into one of my favorites and one of the most popular games on all 3 platforms.

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
#4264229 - 05/26/16 05:47 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
Exactly right Kludger. Some of us are on both pc and console platforms--including Magnum.
I'm 99% pc these days, but if I see a discussion on the console forum about a cross platform game I'm interested in, I'll jump in. Just because I don't have it on console is usually irrelevant. For example, The Division. That fits in Tactical and certainly Tom Clancy forums, but also in console. I'll jump in anywhere I want to about the game. Same for Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell, Far Cry, this game any other cross platform game.
The point is, you shouldn't call people out like that since you don't have all of the facts. They could play on Xbox, PS or with Steam, borrowed from another account.

It's frustrating sometimes when people don't agree with you. However, if you've got the game and you really enjoy it, you're better off than the others. You got a good game out of it and hours of enjoyment, they got frustration and anger. Consider that enough of a win without calling people out.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4264283 - 05/26/16 08:47 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
Quote:

what a stupid statement... no where in the topic, post topic, or master does it say PC... I know, I made these land and armor sections before you ever were a member.

#4264338 - 05/26/16 10:37 PM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Magnum]  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA
Originally Posted By: Magnum
Quote:

what a stupid statement... no where in the topic, post topic, or master does it say PC... I know, I made these land and armor sections before you ever were a member.

What a pedestrian statement!!!..

Then what is the goal of "Console gaming" in the "Miscellaneous" chapter?...Because you made those ones too, don't you remember?

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

#4264379 - 05/27/16 12:57 AM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Aeronautico Offline
Aeronautico  Offline

Milan, Italy

Ditto!

Quote:

I have, and the change is disheartening. And it reflects on the active base I believe, so that I often wonder why am I still bothering.

Airplanes are now built to carry a pilot and a dog in the cockpit: the pilot's job is
to feed the dog, and the dog's job is to bite the pilot if he touches anything...

- Arlen Rens, Lockheed Martin test pilot
#4264388 - 05/27/16 01:27 AM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
xIGuNDoCIx Offline
xIGuNDoCIx  Offline

You can't really argue the fact that the game has performance issues (PC side) when the Developer openly admits/acknowledges that it is not where it should be on the titles official forums. With that being said I had high hopes for this title but will wait until the Devs sort it's problems out first.

"But we're also aware that performance - particularly frame rate - is not currently where we want it to be, and we are working on additional patches to help address these issues and more. Patch notes per platform will be available on the community forums and on Steam when they go live." ~ DSDBCraig (Dambuster Studio Dev)

Source - https://www.homefront-game.com/forum/index.php?threads/homefront-the-revolution-is-out-now.15354/

Last edited by xIGuNDoCIx; 05/27/16 01:27 AM.
#4264395 - 05/27/16 01:47 AM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Aeronautico]  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA

Quote:

I have, and the change is disheartening. And it reflects on the active base I believe, so that I often wonder why am I still bothering.

Same here!

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

#4264399 - 05/27/16 01:55 AM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: xIGuNDoCIx]  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA
Originally Posted By: xIGuNDoCIx
You can't really argue the fact that the game has performance issues (PC side) when the Developer openly admits/acknowledges that it is not where it should be on the titles official forums. With that being said I had high hopes for this title but will wait until the Devs sort it's problems out first.

"But we're also aware that performance - particularly frame rate - is not currently where we want it to be, and we are working on additional patches to help address these issues and more. Patch notes per platform will be available on the community forums and on Steam when they go live." ~ DSDBCraig (Dambuster Studio Dev)

Source - https://www.homefront-game.com/forum/index.php?threads/homefront-the-revolution-is-out-now.15354/

Sure!...but it does not say, it is ugly, unplayable, etc....

I made 2 vids; here is one : https://youtu.be/_YdREGul0Ik

The fps is between 40 and 60, the vid is shot from my PC!...
Besides none of you substantiated anything you complained about.

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

#4264412 - 05/27/16 03:28 AM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
Linebacker Offline
LB
Linebacker  Offline
LB

YYZ
IMO, don’t review a console game in the tactical simulations forum unless you’re looking for trouble.

The console is the lowest common denominator platform so if it runs on the console, it’s a console game. It doesn’t matter if it also runs on the PC.

If the game runs poorly on either platform, then the thread will end up in a console vs PC war.

#4264415 - 05/27/16 04:00 AM Re: Homefront: The Revolution [Re: Gunnyhighway]  
xIGuNDoCIx Offline
xIGuNDoCIx  Offline

Quote:

Sure!...but it does not say, it is ugly, unplayable, etc....

I made 2 vids; here is one : https://youtu.be/_YdREGul0Ik

The fps is between 40 and 60, the vid is shot from my PC!...
Besides none of you substantiated anything you complained about.

I dont think the Cryengine is ugly at all or the game is necessarily unplayable but when a game (any game) has a variation in 20FPS that is far from from being optimized. I would rather wait and see if it gets fixed instead of playing a game (again any game not just this one) that shudders and judders with inconsistent frames. I have a monster PC that should by definition handle anything (including Homefront) but from what I have seen with players who have the same hardware as my own (and by your own admission) the game clearly has its issues in that regard. Also the majority of the complaints about the game are related to it's poor PC optimization. As for your video is everything at max settings?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.