Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4259994 - 05/14/16 04:31 AM Re: Chuck's Guide to the DCS SA-342M Gazelle [Re: Chuck_Owl]  
bud01 Offline
HQ Simulation in VR fan
bud01  Offline
HQ Simulation in VR fan

England UK, Herts
Hi,
would be interested in making a rev 0.1 Warthog HOTAS flight stick and throttle control profile for upload to http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/

Would be nice to have a ready to go profile for the DCS SA-342M Gazelle to the community? including Layout PDF.

A blank WH layout PDF is here;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hmnknbvspky9fw/TM%20WH%20Layout%20Blank.pdf?dl=0

Looks like a lot of helpful options should get patched to the throttle of the a10c HOTAS
If any one knows inside out the SA-342M Gazelle, out side of page 6 of the above guide which is here:

Can we get a list of the top ten most helpful switch options to patch to the throttle control for example?
What do we ship to china hat etc.

$20 to the most awesome complete profile suggestion. I guess a modifier to double up options is nice idea but could come in revision two of the profile once we get a look at it and see how it can improve.

Not sure why vendors release a new bird but don't go that extra mile to produce a ready to go warthog profile? or am I missing some thing.

If I was project lead for a high quality aircraft for DCS I would make sure very box got ticked about the release including ready to go profiles for at least the top two flight sticks including as above layout PDFS, it helps with the uptake of the products.

I am new so maybe I am out of line here and there is a reason but again if we look to http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/

There is no thrust master warthog profile, the number one flight product on the market.

Some one some where is not quite getting the final step of product delivery?

Yes I can sit there and graft a profile together but for those that want it and to save a little time and get the bird under control with some one having laid out a reasonable approx. of best hardware support translate of the "bird", to "x55, WH".

I would pay $5 to pick up a profile well thought out profile for the warthog for all assets, Matched with chucks guides and we are all golden.

? am I out of line here or correct?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4260246 - 05/14/16 09:49 PM A quest for a TM HOTAS Warthog profile for DCS  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Creating this thread, so that I can move bud01's post over to it.

#4260247 - 05/14/16 09:54 PM Re: A quest for a TM HOTAS Warthog profile for DCS [Re: CyBerkut]  
CyBerkut Online content
Administrator
CyBerkut  Online Content
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
bud01, you might want to have a look at HomeFries' work on this:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3858400/DCS_World_TARGET_profile_for_T#Post3858400

He started out doing it for the HOTAS Cougar, but has now added the HOTAS Warthog as well.

#4260425 - 05/15/16 03:17 PM Re: A quest for a TM HOTAS Warthog profile for DCS [Re: CyBerkut]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Thanks for the props, Cy!
I will have a WIP version of the Gazelle available in the next release. It's currently in testing, but it shouldn't be long. Here's what it looks like right now for the Warthog:

@Bud, which version of TARGET are you running? I recommend 1.0 instead of 3.0.16 for the Warthog until they fix the bit with the Left ENG OPER switch.

Last edited by HomeFries; 05/15/16 03:19 PM. Reason: added layout

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

#4261549 - 05/18/16 09:24 PM Re: A quest for a TM HOTAS Warthog profile for DCS [Re: HomeFries]  
bud01 Offline
HQ Simulation in VR fan
bud01  Offline
HQ Simulation in VR fan

England UK, Herts
hi HomeFries, I see you have a donate button I will hit that at the end of the month.

I do not use target, I have no idea what it does... I am a noob :-)

Is it possible to produce the controls as below but via internal control set up so no target?

I will read into target on the weekend if it is necessary to get the best controls for the WH and DCS birds.

I am thinking about getting an extention polo for the flight stick, for seated position any recommendations on flight stick extention length, or do I just man up and learn some control with small movements, I did update the axis per chucks guide still I found it sensitive.

above looks great. Should be possible to save to profile file for import export?

I have a replacement DMS button coming soon so will have to take the flight stick apart which I am not looking forward to do but looks fairly easy by the pdf

#4261553 - 05/18/16 09:37 PM Re: A quest for a TM HOTAS Warthog profile for DCS [Re: CyBerkut]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet
For most normal commands (black text) and the "shift'ied" ones (red text with /I) you can set in DCS menu setting there a joy button to be the shift button (normally used is NSB)- this mean that you can set two commands for each button/switch/HAT without use TARGET.

Can be more if use "switches" - in DCS menu - as mode selector, but things became complicate. smile

Will be more easy you learn run TARGET and use profiles already done, like the above. wink

Last edited by Sokol1; 05/19/16 06:17 PM.
#4261585 - 05/18/16 11:51 PM Re: A quest for a TM HOTAS Warthog profile for DCS [Re: bud01]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted By: bud01

I am thinking about getting an extention polo for the flight stick, for seated position any recommendations on flight stick extention length, or do I just man up and learn some control with small movements, I did update the axis per chucks guide still I found it sensitive.

I've used various lengths of extension as have many others in SimHQ.......I'd say the general consensus is that 7-10 cm extensions are a good all-round compromise to give finer control and a smoother centre across the whole range of platforms The top end of that through to about 15cm is beneficial for the helos but starting to get a little twitchy for fixed wing. Any more than 15cm and you start to lose the auto-centring of the stick at full deflection.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4261611 - 05/19/16 02:43 AM Re: A quest for a TM HOTAS Warthog profile for DCS [Re: bud01]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

Originally Posted By: bud01
hi HomeFries, I see you have a donate button I will hit that at the end of the month.

I do not use target, I have no idea what it does... I am a noob :-)

Is it possible to produce the controls as below but via internal control set up so no target?

DCS is flexible enough that you can do a lot of things that you would ordinarily need TARGET (or a similar programmer) for. So you don't need TARGET to do your own thing. I used TARGET along with DCS modifiers because it allowed me a lot of flexibility to do some pretty extensive things in my profiles, but you certainly don't need TARGET to have a powerful profile in DCS.

And don't sweat the donate if you don't use the profile. The donation is to pay for my Warthog, since there was a demand for the hog and it was originally just a Cougar profile. Once the total hits what I paid for the hog, then I'll ask for donations to charity instead.

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.