Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4256725 - 05/05/16 10:19 PM Other theaters?  
VMIalpha454 Offline
VMIalpha454  Offline

Chattanooga, Tn
Does anyone know if Graviteam have considered tackling any other WWII theaters besides the Eastern Front? I realize they have done the Op. Hooper and Shield of the Prophet which are somewhat different. I am new to these games but have quickly become a big fan. I just recently downloaded all the DLC for GTOS and am working my way through them. It is a testament to how great this game is that I am so into it because my interest in the Eastern Front is negligible. I would love to experience more theaters and factions. I'm interested in your thoughts as fellow fans. beercheers

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold."
1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC
in Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4256761 - 05/05/16 11:50 PM Re: Other theaters? [Re: VMIalpha454]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Someday. I think they are heading that direction.

But while yes, this would be really great, I do not want to see the Eastern Front there take a back seat. There is still fall 43 - summer 45. Although personally only to summer 1944 really interest me. Later on its a done deal and only a matter of when its over. Although a DLC or something with the BIG stuff when or if they get there would be neat. King tigers and IS2 sort of cool. But that does not represent the vast majority of fighting and covered to death by other games that throw out history in favor of "cool". Which is IMO fine, but most do not want to show the "average" fighting. Or what most of it was, which was not super weapons. Just a regular guy, with a regular rifle.

Also I have been really wanting an early war something from Gravi on the Eastern front. Like fall 41 or the winter of 41/42.

Now, with all that said... Things that would be really neat.

North Africa... I like Tunisia. And the Northern bit at that.

Something wacko like the US VS Japan during the fall of the Philippians. No one ever has covered that. And there where tank fights during the with drawl down Bataan.

Another thought, Italy and Western Europe are covered to DEATH by other games. If Gravi ever went there, it should because they did all the other stuff that got forgotten. But that is just me.

Outside of WW2. Korea in 1950. That was some crazy crap at first. And well suited to what Gravi does.

Winter war... but I think little interest from Gravi. But honestly probably not the best choice. If playing as the Finn's would be vary interesting, playing as the Red Army, not so much. As the number game of forces was well in the Red Army side and Finland never had a chance to win this war. They just lost the least worst way and showed what a determined bunch of guys can do in the right place. Well, and showed how bad Stalin's moronic purges screwed up the Military of the USSR and baited Germany to invade before the Red Army was done modernizing its stuff. Well and fixing Stalin's murderous stupidity. But with out the Winter war, the Red Army would have been in an even worse place at the out brake. Pretty crazy when you realize this. It might have actually saved the USSR. Which might have saved the Western Europe too. Could the UK, commonwealth, and US taken on Germany that was 100 percent facing west? Well, yes. But would have probably ended with A-bombs falling on one side or another.

Nomgahan AKA Golkin Gol will be happening but most in the West are not that keen on this forgotten preview of ww2. But historically is quite telling of what the Red Army was going end up doing to Germany once the initial nightmare was stabilized. It was a dress rehearsal of what would be everything Zhukov.

They almost for sure do another modern forgotten thing at some point. I can not picture this not happening. And there are plenty of "good" historical wars all around the world that would make a good game. But most in the west (and East) have blinders on to anything not European or from European colonies not of England. wink

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.