Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4250212 - 04/16/16 05:12 PM Cammo layer  
Johnny_Redd Offline
Johnny_Redd  Offline

Does anybody have a template with a camouflage layer (three tone) for the a-10c? I wanted to make a SEA Skyraider style skin for the A-10c but the supplied template doesn't have a camouflage layer and I'm really not that good nor do I have the patience to work through every image to get them to line up. Any help would be appreciated. I know there are many talented folk in the community.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4254900 - 05/01/16 11:15 PM Re: Cammo layer [Re: Johnny_Redd]  
HomeFries Offline
Air Dominance Project
HomeFries  Offline
Air Dominance Project

No template, but there's an easy way to make it work.

Find the DCS World\Bazar\World\textures\A-10.zip file and extract the files called A-10C_23h FS_1-x.dds (where x is A-L). Open these files in Photoshop and add them as layers to the original A-10 Templates.

Now that you have a pattern, take your base color for the camo and just apply it across the entire skin (i.e. just use a fill color as a baseline). Make it a low level layer (i.e. just above background).

Next, take the second color on the camo, create a new layer, and paint on the color you would like using a brush (following the lines). Be sure to overlap where the second color meets the third color. You should also us a soft brush (I like about a 60 hardness for camo overlap, but YMMV).

Once you do this layer, create another layer and follow the lines on the third color.

You now have a base layer and 2 camo layers that you can use to create any color combination you would like using fill colors and clipping masks.

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.