Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4251407 - 04/21/16 12:43 PM Squad - RPG!!!!!!  
xIGuNDoCIx Offline
xIGuNDoCIx  Offline

Taking a turn as the RPG gunner and doing work!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4253017 - 04/26/16 02:44 AM Re: Squad - RPG!!!!!! [Re: xIGuNDoCIx]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
That was cool. First I've seen of this game. You played very well. How did you know who was enemy? Did they have some slight difference in kit that you could recognize? Is it like in Operation Flashpoint where the Russkies had a slightly lighter green you could recognize at distance? Your shooting with your rifle was good, and I like the way the kills fell. Looks like a good tactical shooter.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4253025 - 04/26/16 03:03 AM Re: Squad - RPG!!!!!! [Re: DBond]  
xIGuNDoCIx Offline
xIGuNDoCIx  Offline

Originally Posted By: DBond
That was cool. First I've seen of this game. You played very well. How did you know who was enemy? Did they have some slight difference in kit that you could recognize? Is it like in Operation Flashpoint where the Russkies had a slightly lighter green you could recognize at distance? Your shooting with your rifle was good, and I like the way the kills fell. Looks like a good tactical shooter.

Each force has different uniforms/kit so its all a matter of learning who is who. I also play with all the HUD elements disabled as I like the cinematic feel it gives to the game. Normally the game looks like the picture below.
The shooting in Squad has a lot of recoil so there is a bit of a learning curve to controlling it effectively. Right now it is my "go to" FPS. crazy thing is is that this is still in Alpha/Beta release and no where near the finished product (which IMO will blow everything else out of the water for squad based tactical PvP shooters).

Normal In-Game Screen With HUD Elements On (Default Settings)

Last edited by xIGuNDoCIx; 04/26/16 03:11 AM.
#4253275 - 04/26/16 08:59 PM Re: Squad - RPG!!!!!! [Re: xIGuNDoCIx]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Thanks man, good video. It really shows the gameplay.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4253326 - 04/27/16 01:01 AM Re: Squad - RPG!!!!!! [Re: xIGuNDoCIx]  
JG26 vonVampr Offline
JG26 vonVampr  Offline

MI USA
That video has convinced me that I need to pick this up and give it a try. That was a very nice gameplay video, thanks for sharing it.

#4253342 - 04/27/16 02:57 AM Re: Squad - RPG!!!!!! [Re: JG26 vonVampr]  
Linebacker Offline
LB
Linebacker  Offline
LB

YYZ
Vampr ... don’t get frustrated like me the first time I played Squad. Spend some time on the firing range getting used to the controls. The control set is a lot simpler than a game like ARMA but you still have to understand it. One standout is that the “sprint” key doubles as a zoom/hold breath key while in ironsite/scope mode.

Also, the manual is short and to the point ... well worth a quick read and answers all your up front questions when you enter multiplayer.

Originally Posted By: DBond
<snip> How did you know who was enemy? <snip>

As GuNDoC mentioned, he’s in full hardcore mode playing with no HUD on this map where it’s basically green on green (there’s usually a slight difference in camo color or the enemy is in full taliban garb)

WITH the HUD, if you hover your crosshairs over a player and don’t see their name, they’re the enemy. I can’t guarantee this though. Before I shoot at someone from a distance, I usually check my map to see if any friendlies are in that area.

One funny/cool detail about Squad is that you can actually look down at your body to see what you’re wearing and tell yourself, “I will not shoot at someone who looks like this”. smile (I hate when I have to wear sandals biggrin )

#4253347 - 04/27/16 03:39 AM Re: Squad - RPG!!!!!! [Re: JG26 vonVampr]  
xIGuNDoCIx Offline
xIGuNDoCIx  Offline

Originally Posted By: JG26 vonVampr
That video has convinced me that I need to pick this up and give it a try. That was a very nice gameplay video, thanks for sharing it.

Thanks for watching and I am glad you enjoyed it! FYI a few of us from SimHQ are going to be playing this Wednesday night at 10pm EST. If you are able you should join us!

#4253348 - 04/27/16 03:46 AM Re: Squad - RPG!!!!!! [Re: Linebacker]  
xIGuNDoCIx Offline
xIGuNDoCIx  Offline

Originally Posted By: Linebacker

As GuNDoC mentioned, he’s in full hardcore mode playing with no HUD on this map where it’s basically green on green (there’s usually a slight difference in camo color or the enemy is in full taliban garb)

WITH the HUD, if you hover your crosshairs over a player and don’t see their name, they’re the enemy. I can’t guarantee this though. Before I shoot at someone from a distance, I usually check my map to see if any friendlies are in that area.

One funny/cool detail about Squad is that you can actually look down at your body to see what you’re wearing and tell yourself, “I will not shoot at someone who looks like this”. smile (I hate when I have to wear sandals biggrin )

Just to elaborate as to my reasons why I don't play with the HUD info on.

1. Aesthetically I think the game looks batter without the clutter

2. Out to a certain distance the hovering of your weapon over a target (be they friend or foe) does nothing, so by intentionally disabling it it forces me to pay closer attention to the whereabouts of not only my squad but the other squads on my team

Here is the command to disable the HUD:

1. Press the ~ key to bring up the command line once you are in a game
2. Type "DisableHudWidgets" (without quotations)
3. Kill bad guys!!!

Last edited by xIGuNDoCIx; 04/27/16 03:48 AM.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.