Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23
#4273728 - 06/27/16 10:52 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Remon]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

Philippines / North East UK
Originally Posted By: Zoomie13
Excellent post with good perspective!

Unless you are one of its shareholders, no corporation owes you anything more than what you've contracted with them -- that's the law. While they may decide to "go above and beyond" your contract expectations, they predominantly do that to ensure continued sales. To say "I'm going to work voluntarily for them so that they do what I want" is a delusion. If they fail to meet our expectations we can decide to move on and take it as a lesson learned.

Complaining to the "choir" may feed our ego, but results in little else..

How about those who argue about buying a product that seems to be perpetually in beta? Those that have had bugs for ages that have not been fixed? Doesn't the "company" owe them a product that is at least supported with bug-fixes?

While you can be technically correct about your point, you will find that it is those companies that "go above and beyond" that attracts repeat customers and gets MORE customers by word-of-mouth. Is "continued sales" a bad thing? Is the market big enough for them to NOT go above and beyond? While a few of those that complain are modders, most are not.

Personally, I have moved on and I have learned a lesson. Still, that doesn't mean I don't get sad/angry/upset seeing how it has "evolved" now. I can only hope they get their act together and my face is sore from all the facepalms I've been doing biggrin

Originally Posted By: Zoomie13
That's not an excuse for lack of personal discipline.

In what way was that "a lack of personal discipline"??

Originally Posted By: Remon
How dare someone enjoy the game!

I know, right?!!? Gasp! Horror! tuner

- Ice
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4273911 - 06/27/16 06:36 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Jedi Master  Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Space Coast, USA
There are two types of people in this hobby--those whose enjoyment of a product is irrespective of who it comes from, and those whose enjoyment is almost completely subservient to their feelings about the creator.

Some of us will call a piece of junk by our a favorite developer a piece of junk and move on, awaiting their next (hopefully better) one. Some of us can buy and enjoy one made by a developer whose business practices disgust us.

Others will like whatever comes from our favorite developer, no matter its quality, because we like them. Or hate whatever comes from the Bad Dev, no matter its quality, because we hate them.

I'm firmly in the first camp, but I understand there are people in the second one. I don't care about Madonna's personal life, I will like or a not a song she does on its own merits. I don't care about an actor's political views, I will like or not their performance in a film, or pay to see it or not, based on its quality, not whether or not they vote like I do. My in-laws are like that. Won't see a film with "X" in it because they were mouthing off about supporting something or other they don't agree with.

Oh, while I understand there are people like that, I don't agree with them. I don't care if they like what I like or not, I disagree with their reasons for liking or not. That's how I can agree with someone I disagree with, and disagree with someone I agree with, all the time.
I respect contradictory opinions based on good reasoning. I reject opinions based on shaky, erroneous, or nonexistent reasoning, regardless of how I feel.
Tell me you love Star Wars too because you like Vulcans...I'm going to shake my head and say "no."

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
#4357260 - 05/14/17 05:41 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
12 months has past since I created this thread, time to dust it off and give an update on where this aircraft is at after putting my review of this aircraft on hold to allow Chris, the director at VEAO and his team a further 12 months to deliver a DCS fidelity level aircraft before continuing with my in depth report on a 3rd party developer who promised the world to the consumers and failed to deliver.

I take it that since ED have now officially dropped VEAO from their Friday updates, it can only be a matter of time now before the entire module is shelved

I see Chris has not accepted our requests here at SimHQ to attend these forums from time to time. 12 months of water under the bridge so to speak, however from my viewpoint it seems even ED have forgotten about VEAO.

How much 'progress' has actually taken place over the last 12 months?

Check the dates.

21 Apr 2016

25 Apr 2016

Nov 27, 2016

03-18-2017, 05:03 PM

Jsick7x: How am I still flying?
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

and here we see the shift of blame yet again towards ED to 'fix' the damage model and every thing else that has gone wrong over the last 5 years with this module
About the only person left at ED who still sees a future for VEAO is the only one left posting on the threads regarding this dodgy dev.
How can someone who blames ED for the short comings of a 3rd party developer actually be a community manager of the ED forums?

[Linked Image]

and confirmed by Chris himself

[Linked Image]

Don't take my word for it.....there are even times when ED get the blame for VEAO's short comings before they actually have proof that ED are to blame.

Here is a fine example.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mind you, 12 months pass by and low and behold.....

[Linked Image]

and Chris reacts this way to the consumer who paid for a module and 12 months later is still waiting for the smoke to be fixed

[Linked Image]

I didn't bother resizing the images as I have done in previous posts 12 months ago, just like VEAO didn't bother fixing the smoke issue from 12 months ago

Read back through to the 1st few pages in this thread, right back to where I posted screen shots from 2012 from VEAO informing the sim world that the Virtual Red Arrows would be performing
an online airshow with this beast (AKA bad investment)......pointless with out smoke and yet I am still waiting for the airshow.....perhaps with out smoke eh Chris?

#4357263 - 05/14/17 06:37 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Is it worth buying even after 12 more months of further development??

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And here we see the community manager, endorsed by ED themselves trying in vain to promote VEAO's waste of bandwidth from being moved to the mods section [Linked Image]

Now I admit that 12 months ago, many of the fine gents in these very forums did not agree with me when I began the scathing review of this investment, so I gave Chris the benefit of doubt that a further 12 months of development would deliver what was promised, a DCS level fidelity aircraft.

That hasn't happened.....

#4357264 - 05/14/17 07:12 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Sobek?....surely you have an opinion on the topic at hand, or perhaps SkateZilla?

12 months on and here I am, a modest consumer waiting for a DCS level fidelity aircraft. the smoke feature, 12 months on.....not high on the agenda\bugs list for VEAO to fix considering this aircraft was based entirely on the VRA which Chris himself was a part of.

Over the next couple of day's I will update this review, no doubt word will get back to VEAO and Chris will jump on the thread promising me (and everyone else) a DCS fidelity aircraft within 12 months......stay tuned for 2018 gents.

I gave VEAO 12 months grace, so until 2018 I will keep this thread alive with updates and weekly reviews on this wasted bandwidth until the consumers get what was promised......a DCS fidelity aircraft.

Come one come all....take note those devs who are looking to 'promise the world in regards to DCS and fail to deliver'

How's that typhoon going Chris? seriously?

#4357265 - 05/14/17 07:30 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
I hope Chris comes back to the thread......he might have a reply regarding why he's not answering my requests for a refund of this module........this was after he offered the refunds to unhappy customers.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4357266 - 05/14/17 07:50 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Paradaz]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by Paradaz
I hope Chris comes back to the thread......he might have a reply regarding why he's not answering my requests for a refund of this module........this was after he offered the refunds to unhappy customers.

Can't even 'gift' the key away anymore, obviously the ED servers were crashing right at Nevada release from VEAO's consumers 'gifting' away their hawk keys.
No wonder it took 3 days to download Nevada to the point where the 'gift' option was taken away from consumers

#4357271 - 05/14/17 09:15 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

I LOL at how smoke is not a priority on an aircraft that's very well used in airshows.... someone needs to review how issues are prioritized.

Winfield, seriously bro... have you not learned anything yet? 12 real-time months for us is NOTHING to these guys. This is where all the misunderstanding stems from. When ED says they're going to release something in 2016, that means anytime in 2016 or anytime AFTER 2016. When they say something is going to be fixed soon, it means anytime soon or on the near future, definitely before your grandkids have grandkids. When you are operating on a timescale that spans decades and generations, 12 months is just a drop in the bucket!

After all, you guys have paid your money already, so what's the rush? biggrin

- Ice
#4357273 - 05/14/17 09:44 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: - Ice]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by - Ice
I LOL at how smoke is not a priority on an aircraft that's very well used in airshows.... someone needs to review how issues are prioritized.

Winfield, seriously bro... have you not learned anything yet? 12 real-time months for us is NOTHING to these guys. This is where all the misunderstanding stems from. When ED says they're going to release something in 2016, that means anytime in 2016 or anytime AFTER 2016. When they say something is going to be fixed soon, it means anytime soon or on the near future, definitely before your grandkids have grandkids. When you are operating on a timescale that spans decades and generations, 12 months is just a drop in the bucket!

After all, you guys have paid your money already, so what's the rush? biggrin

Ice, since I like you and every post you write in these forums.....I won't even respond with a long drawn out lengthy response. Except if SimHQ had 'green rep squares' (give reputation) you have enough respect (reputation) from me to be 'community manager' within SimHQ

#4357274 - 05/14/17 10:13 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

You do know that was sarcastic, right? biggrin biggrin biggrin
Might as well beat the pro-ED bunch to the rhetoric.

Also, I can't be community manager... have you seen the flak they're giving Force10 for his "bias"? Hahahaha!!

- Ice
#4357278 - 05/14/17 11:40 AM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: - Ice]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted by - Ice
You do know that was sarcastic, right? biggrin biggrin biggrin
Might as well beat the pro-ED bunch to the rhetoric.

Also, I can't be community manager... have you seen the flak they're giving Force10 for his "bias"? Hahahaha!!

See why I back you 110% with every post you write in these forums smile

you and Paradaz alike, both need to be put forward as moderators and community managers at ED's forums.....absolutely no sugar coated outside influence in what you both post, which I draw my influence from smile

If ED took a leaf from SimHQ's books, the ED HR department would be in a much better state than it is now

The last time I put someone's name forth to Wags himself it earnt me a lifetime ban.....,Wags himself needs to sign up to these forums and see how life is outside North Korea

#4357289 - 05/14/17 02:03 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA
Originally Posted by Winfield
The last time I put someone's name forth to Wags himself it earnt me a lifetime ban.....,Wags himself needs to sign up to these forums and see how life is outside North Korea

Wags has had an account on these forums for a very long time.

http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/users/144/wags

Last edited by cichlidfan; 05/14/17 02:07 PM.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
#4357302 - 05/14/17 03:37 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
- Ice Offline
Veteran
- Ice  Offline
Veteran

His last post was back in 2012 but it seems like he's visited recently....

[Linked Image]

See why I back you 110% with every post you write in these forums smile

you and Paradaz alike, both need to be put forward as moderators and community managers at ED's forums.....absolutely no sugar coated outside influence in what you both post, which I draw my influence from smile

Awww... shucks! biggrin

- Ice
#4357336 - 05/14/17 07:25 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
"CSI SimHQ"

LOL

Nate

#4357347 - 05/14/17 08:03 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Nate]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
Originally Posted by Nate
"CSI SimHQ"

LOL

Nate

It sounds like a similar 'investigation' by one of the resident SimHQ detectives in the example below.....where someone was discussing the amount of inactivity in the DCS forum seehearspeak

The busiest their forum has ever been is.....

Most users ever online was 1,654, 12-08-2016 at 02:47 PM

So not really that shocking.

DCI Nate

http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...-discussion-from-live-stream#Post4345372

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4357352 - 05/14/17 08:17 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
Yes Watson, it is the height of detective work to read to read the bottom of a web-page LOL.

Nate

#4357360 - 05/14/17 09:04 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Nate]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Yes Watson, it is the height of detective work to read to read the bottom of a web-page LOL.

Nate

Ah Nate, Perhaps with all your wisdom, you can find the 'cause' to the ejection issue that crashes entire hosted servers in the Hawk, now that would be some real DCS 'detective' work.

#4357362 - 05/14/17 09:14 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
Ah Nate, Perhaps with all your wisdom, you can find the 'cause' to the ejection issue that crashes entire hosted servers in the Hawk, now that would be some real DCS 'detective' work.

Huh?

Nate

#4357366 - 05/14/17 09:25 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Nate]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Huh?

Nate

Now that is how VEAO's next coder would no doubt have responded when opening the hawk code for the 1st time after sacking Tango

#4357370 - 05/14/17 09:43 PM Re: DCS: VEAO Hawk EFM & Damage Model [Re: Winfield]  
Nate Offline
Nate  Offline

Dublin, Ireland
Huh?

Nate

Now that is how VEAO's next coder would no doubt have responded when opening the hawk code for the 1st time after sacking Tango

Ok salute

Nate

Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.