Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4250429 - 04/17/16 07:18 PM Getting into boats  
AggressorBLUE Offline
Check out my
AggressorBLUE  Offline
Check out my

Jerz
Thinking of getting into boats, as far too often there's a beautiful day...that's too windy to fly my planes frown

Plus, my parents have a pool, so when going up to visit, seems like a great way to kill some time before dinner smile

Figured I'd see if anyone here as any input. As posted on RC groups:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2647039

Submitted by Specialty International Nautical Konstruction Incorporated. April 17th 2016

Request for Proposal:

The newly launched SINK Inc. is looking for a pool going vessel equipped to fill multiple "work-horse" roles, including manned pool float hauling, beverage barge delivery/, pool ball piloting, and general support of the war on boardroom.

Operational requirements:

-Should have enough operational horsepower to pilot full sized pool float pay-loading ranging from small dog to adult human across short distances

-Should be nimble enough to maneuver small to midsize refreshment barge and pool balls

-Vessel should be able to handle force 5 hurricane use by child rated captains.

-On occasion, the vessel potentially will be called upon to operate in a high hydro-threat environment. Vessels with optional down-the-line modifications including hull reinforcement from water to be given preferential consideration.

-Vessel should be maintainable by Hobby Grade Technicians familiar with a wide variety of hammers

-SINK is open to various levels of construction requirement, but due to budget cuts has few experienced ship-writes on staff. Kits with streamlined assembly given priority consideration.

------

Dimensional Requirements:

-Length: 1-3 foot class

-Draft: Prefer it not be too cold

-Beam: How much the boat smiles is irrelevant to it's operational requirements.

------

Powerplant:

-Motor count:Twin preferred, single turbine motor options considered if sufficient power has been demonstrated

-Motor: Both Brushless and Brushed considered.

-Reactor: Multi-Cell Lithium power supply ideal, owing to previous experience with this chemistry

------

Budget:

The Minister of War and Finances* has allocated a total operational readiness budget, ie "Sail Away" cost, not to exceed $200 USD.

Note: Given the close relationship SINK has with the Conglomerated Research Aviation Specialty Holdings, many CRASH resources including servos, radios, tooling, and charging electronics are available for use with the project.

------

Current considerations include the Vac-u-Line and Zippy Tugs. Open to other considerations as well.

*My wife:)

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4250465 - 04/17/16 11:08 PM Re: Getting into boats [Re: AggressorBLUE]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
LOL... smile

#4281758 - 07/25/16 12:40 PM Re: Getting into boats [Re: AggressorBLUE]  
Comrade_Hedgehog Offline
Comrade_Hedgehog  Offline

The Sticks, England.
Point on the Reactor:

If School chemistry lessons are anything to go by, Lithium reacts, um, violently with Dihydrogen Monoxide.

Its not the bullet with your name on it you have to worry about.
But the one addressed:
"To Whom It May Concern"

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.