Finishing up a modded German Stepkenovka campaign (the big fat German one) and could use help testing for issues. Its a big campaign. What is it?

This is just default campaign that has been tweaked to a bit harder, well, testing will prove or disprove that. I am one of the freaks that did not find this campaign vary hard, closing it out on turn 8 of 18. You are suppose to get shoved back like the actual historical battle and not charge forward and take all the Red Army's grid squares like I sort of did. The over all goal is to push a player back using default campaign with some tweaked force structure somewhere farther West until the campaigns armor reinforcements start arriving around turn 6 or 7.

To this end, I tweaked all the tank units changing a couple light tank companies to 7 tank KV-1's, gave more tank reinforcements to the reserve pool (with some SURPRISE reinforcement types) of tank units, a mild tweak to OPFOR infantry stats (its real mild), and gave trucks and T20 tractors to units that are armed with various types of guns (45mm, 76.2mm, 130mm, etc.) Beefed up the motorized scout units with some extra stuff like light tanks and gave some more supply's out to units that have no supply chain in the campaign.

For German (player side) I am just getting to now. But will mainly be exactly the same except trucks to artillery and anti tank gun units to let player move them about more easily, probably add in some more SDFKZ 251-9 and 10's, and remove some off screen artillery spotters to force player to use more onscreen artillery like mortars and howitzers (probably with a bit more ammo to compensate as well as transport to move them to get lines of fire). Debating about replacing some armored cars with panzer II's but will add something with small guns to these scout units if they have none. Or via reinforcement strategy type.

This is intended to be played on normal, default settings as some units will be crazy maxed out skill level if place on hard. Like the SU152's which I did not touch, they are set to 80 and would be maxed on hard.

But need helper to play with feed back and look for anything off, like missing units or things where I screwed up the config tweaks. I am gathering that most find default campaign just fine for them. And that is to be expected. I have been saying since release that the default stuff is probably fine for the majority of players. For others that miss that desperate feeling of some of the GTOS campaigns, like me, well this is all I can do without a campaign editor. This also will be an easy place to stick in things I might make for game later on.

Last part which will be a totally separate little mod, if I can figure what is going on and be optional. This being a "give every line infantry unit on all sides at least 2-4 anti armor grenades". The game gives these out in some way. IE, a unit will get them when some criteria is met. I have no idea what that is. When this happens, the infantry get quite a number of something. But otherwise, they get only frags. This little thing I hope to force 1 or 2 soldiers to always have something to throw at tanks. Hopefully a random pick of options. And if I figure out exactly how game is doing this, add in some new ones that I will make later on. Hopefully I get to work on this bit this weekend.

So ya, anybody want to help me test this bugger?

...the red looking thing. LOL.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 04/15/16 01:52 AM.