Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4245084 - 03/31/16 05:58 PM Re: Queston for Ray [Re: MrJelly]  
PeterMBooth Offline
PeterMBooth  Offline

Pontypridd, South Wales,UK
Hi Jelly,

I do not believe anybody doubts the quality of the work you are doing, nor your dedication - do you ever sleep? I think I agree with Ray and the others that perhaps it would be a bit less overwhelming if you slowed down a bit so we could catch up, and yes I realise that each change you make needs thorough testing by others so that you can sort out any unforseen problems before moving on. In a way I have a similar problem as I am sitting in a room surrounded by a dozen or so half finished tank and plane kits - when I retired the idea was to spend an hour or two a day finishing them off before starting on something else but I am easily distracted. I can't even use old age as an excuse as I know you are several years older than me - where do you get the energy from? Must be something to do with being in France.

Cheers

Pete

With increasing age should come wisdom and tolerance, but as the saying goes, "there is no fool like an old fool" as I prove regularly!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4245172 - 03/31/16 10:33 PM Re: Queston for Ray [Re: MrJelly]  
iron mike Offline
iron mike  Offline

Maryland, USA
Tony, I really need a Jel's Convertor Guide for the terminally Stupid on the new tool.

It took me about 5 tries to understand I needed to copy the Russia Planes outside to program to the To Be Converted folder. Then as (jaw drops) gosh golly gee, it works.

This one is falling down simple to run, Thank you.

Now, to get '3dz2bmp.exe' and 'PICPAC.EXE' to work in XP or better. I need to switch between computers to start and finish skins.

BTW, maybe Ray's comment about complexity was really about making the basic squadrons not converting them. This is another really cool tool from The Jazz Master. yep

kneeldown

thumbsup thumbsup

#4245273 - 04/01/16 06:24 AM Re: Queston for Ray [Re: MrJelly]  
MrJelly Online tunes
Veteran
MrJelly  Online Tunes
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
Thanks Mike.
I had left that folder empty so you could simulate the process from start to finish.
Things are not set in concrete. You could have a 1.28 folder equivalent to the Russian skins one in the work folder, copy it and paste it to create a copy. Then with the utility navigate to the original and convert it.
That gives you a 140 version with exactly the same name. The copied folder is really a back-up of the 1.28 folders, and if you have one elsewhere you do no even need it.
Obviously this tool can be used to convert a single folder wink

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.