Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#4245008 - 03/31/16 02:42 PM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: TangoVPJT]  
Tirak Offline
Tirak  Offline

Originally Posted By: TangoVPJT
Originally Posted By: Tirak
Oh do spare me. The whole problem is a game of he said she said, a slanging match of the worst sort. Tango claims, with no supporting evidence other than his word, that he is owed compensation. AvioDev says it did compensate him and found his work to be substandard and thus parted ways with him. If tango had a case, he would have brought it to court. He doesn't and he knows it so he's just holding a temper tantrum on a board he thinks is biased in his favor. Given his attitude and posts so far, his opinion frankly holds as much weight as a guy whining on facebook how bad his old company was after it fired him for doing a poor job.

You either substantiate the claim that they found my work "substandard", or remove that from your post.

I have full source code for the C-101 - you can look for yourself at how "substandard" my work is. In fact, compare the systems depth to other modules (allowing for the fact my work is UNFINISHED), and tell me where it would be deemed "substandard".

You say MY claims are unsubstantiated, then you defame me in a public forum. Not very smart.

Tango.

My statements are based on those that the Developers, who dropped you, made after the last time you came here and spat your bile. I don't have to judge their work, they do, and they have.

Last edited by Tirak; 03/31/16 02:43 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4245042 - 03/31/16 04:24 PM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: TangoVPJT]  
TangoVPJT Offline
TangoVPJT  Offline

Link where they said my work was "substandard"??

I spent only 14 months writing the systems. Any module for DCS has about a 3 YEAR development time. Don't be disingenuous.

Substantiate your claims, or I'll come after you, too.

Hint: you can't, because your allegation that my work is "substandard" is false. Anyone with the C-101 module can see my work.

Tango.

#4245047 - 03/31/16 04:35 PM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: TangoVPJT]  
Tirak Offline
Tirak  Offline

Link where they said my work was "substandard"??

I spent only 14 months writing the systems. Any module for DCS has about a 3 YEAR development time. Don't be disingenuous.

Substantiate your claims, or I'll come after you, too.

Hint: you can't, because your allegation that my work is "substandard" is false. Anyone with the C-101 module can see my work.

Tango.

I'm shakin in my boots mate. The reason why you're not bringing a suit is because you don't have one. Don't try and pretend otherwise by making ridiculous claims like "Oh, I'm just waiting for aviodev to make more money so i can get a bigger piece of the pie", because any court result if it were to find in your favor would include future sales. You've got no evidence that the agreement was in the style in which you claim it was. Go back to the last thread you made whining about how 'unfairly' you had been treated. There are several posts by the developer defending themselves against your bile. I invite anyone else to go back and look at that thread.

#4245087 - 03/31/16 06:08 PM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: TangoVPJT]  
TangoVPJT Offline
TangoVPJT  Offline

I'm going on the advice of my lawyers.

FACT: I do not know what they owe. As it is percentage of sales, and I do not have sales data, I could be owed only £1000. If I spend £5000 on lawyers, that is a £4000 loss.

If you have £5000 you are able to burn, kindly send it my way.

That is why I'm waiting - in order to stack the odds that I would not only win, but not lose to lawyers fees.

I asked you to link specific posts/threads. You failed.

What horse do you have in this race, anyway? I'm the one who's work has been stolen, not you. If you're a customer, you should be upset because you are supporting a bunch of dishonest people.

If you hadn't noticed - I'm not concerned about lawsuits coming my way because what I have written is the TRUTH.

Tango.

#4245088 - 03/31/16 06:20 PM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: TangoVPJT]  
NavyNuke99 Offline
One Man Wolfpack
NavyNuke99  Offline
One Man Wolfpack
Hotshot

Raleigh, NC
It's like watching a slow-motion train wreck... I keep trying to look away, because I've got a pretty good idea where this is going, but I can't stop watching...

" And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"- John F. Kennedy

"NUKE-ular. It's pronounced NUKE-ular."- Homer Simpson

AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.0 Ghz
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB
CM Storm Series Trooper
Samsung 840 series 500 GB OS/ Game drive
WD Green 2TB Media Drive
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W PSU
#4245090 - 03/31/16 06:21 PM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: TangoVPJT]  
TangoVPJT Offline
TangoVPJT  Offline

Well, AvioDev can stop it by paying what they owe.

AvioDev take my work, kick me out, and don't pay me the royalties owed whilst profiting from stolen work, and people seem to think this is acceptable behavior? What twisted logic.

Tango.

#4245105 - 03/31/16 07:33 PM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: TangoVPJT]  
Tirak Offline
Tirak  Offline

FACT: I do not know what they owe. As it is percentage of sales, and I do not have sales data, I could be owed only £1000. If I spend £5000 on lawyers, that is a £4000 loss.

That is why I'm waiting - in order to stack the odds that I would not only win, but not lose to lawyers fees.

What horse do you have in this race, anyway? I'm the one who's work has been stolen, not you. If you're a customer, you should be upset because you are supporting a bunch of dishonest people.

If you hadn't noticed - I'm not concerned about lawsuits coming my way because what I have written is the TRUTH.

Tango.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4196965/2

No, what you have written is what you want the truth to be. If you had the truth on your side, you wouldn't be whining about how you got screwed over on a forum, you'd be in court. You sure as hell wouldn't be trying to divert sales away from AvioDev because it is literally shooting yourself in the foot, especially given that you claim you're owed royalties, but you don't have reality on your side, so you've gone toddler mode and are throwing a tantrum. I have literally no horse in this race. I don't work for AvioDev, I've never bought any of their products, nor am I likely to given the quality and consistency of work they've shown, and I have no interest in any of the modules they're presenting. But what I have a problem with is your whiny bullshittery polluting the forums because you feel jilted.

Last edited by Tirak; 03/31/16 08:00 PM.
#4245156 - 03/31/16 09:59 PM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: TangoVPJT]  
toonces Offline
toonces  Offline

Honolulu, Hawaii
What's awesome about this thread is that I just clicked on page 3 before I even opened the thread. You just know that all of the good stuff happens after a few preliminary back and forths in the first few pages!

I don't have any idea what the context is, but for entertainment I give this two thumbs up!

"A week or even a month for someone basically saying "shucks, this is pants" maybe. But their banhammer only has the forever setting. Gotta set phasers to stun for the localization of female undergarments, not kill yo." - Frederf
#4245204 - 04/01/16 12:08 AM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: Tirak]  
TangoVPJT Offline
TangoVPJT  Offline

Tango.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4196965/2

No, what you have written is what you want the truth to be. If you had the truth on your side, you wouldn't be whining about how you got screwed over on a forum, you'd be in court. You sure as hell wouldn't be trying to divert sales away from AvioDev because it is literally shooting yourself in the foot, especially given that you claim you're owed royalties, but you don't have reality on your side, so you've gone toddler mode and are throwing a tantrum. I have literally no horse in this race. I don't work for AvioDev, I've never bought any of their products, nor am I likely to given the quality and consistency of work they've shown, and I have no interest in any of the modules they're presenting. But what I have a problem with is your whiny bullshittery polluting the forums because you feel jilted.

Not the sharpest tool in the box, are you?

I even explained the maths of bringing legal action, but you still don't get it.

I don't care for future sales. What I care about is being paid for the sales that have been made, and ultimately for my code to be removed from the product.

I already requested that they either remove the product from sale, or at least remove my code completely from the product. If you can't see that they stopped paying me royalties in order to keep my share for themselves, you really are not thinking too hard about it.

To just get a court order to get them to stop selling the product will cost about £1000 and then might require enforcement action afterwards.

If I stop even one sale going to these people as a result of these posts, I will be satisfied.

They chose the wrong developer to steal from! I also hope this serves as a warning to other developers who were thinking of working with these people.

Tango.

#4245209 - 04/01/16 12:23 AM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: TangoVPJT]  
TangoVPJT Offline
TangoVPJT  Offline

I already addressed the points of that post you linked.

Here is a re-cap:

Allegation: I stopped work because I was not paid Q1/Q2 royalties.

Response: Correct, and standard business practice. As a team we made the decision to put the product on sale. No-one forced us to do that. It was agreed that we each took a percentage share of the profit from the sales. None of us were working a "fixed price contract". If none of us were getting paid, there would be no point in putting the product on sale!

Allegation: It is implied that I caused the product to be released as Beta.

Response: total crap. It was a team decision to release as Beta, and this is completely in line with other modules for DCS. ED had the final say due to quality control.

Allegation: I was not working for 4 months.

Response: utter crap. How do they explain the CC version, that we worked on afterwards? I already sent them copious amounts of evidence of communications between myself and other team members! Absolute BS.

Allegation: They were paying me for final work only.

Response: total crap. We were all working on a profit share with no limit. There was no requirement for work to be completed first, as proven by the Beta release. Each quarter, we get paid a share of the profit, with no conditions (only that our work is on sale).

Allegation: it was implied in that post that I was not working fast enough.

Response: more crap! 14 months of development work to Beta, when the typical development time is 3 to 4 YEARS. I spent barely 1 year. You can hardly say I was "slow".

If they thought I was slow, look at the total lack of progress since they kicked me out! LOL.

The funniest thing to me is how they gave me less than a month to complete everything (after I told them 12-18 months), and here we are, 7 months later, and they hardly have any progress to show beyond what had already been done prior to my sudden departure!! All I can say to that is LOL LOL LOL!!!!!

Since many people seem to think I'm the devil in all this, ask how the AFM is going, because I had nothing to do with that! If their AFM dev is still working with them, I wish him luck (they know who they are if they're reading). That person is the only member of that team whom I wish well.

It will be interesting to see what progress they make with the systems development of the Mirage. I was looking forward to working on that, but they burned their bridges with me, and hopefully any developer thinking of working with them will avoid them after the way they treated me!

Tango.

#4245210 - 04/01/16 12:23 AM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: TangoVPJT]  
Tirak Offline
Tirak  Offline

I don't care for future sales. What I care about is being paid for the sales that have been made, and ultimately for my code to be removed from the product.

This is in direct contrast to your previous statement of wanting to wait to sue until it was more financially viable. Which is it buddy?

Quote:
I already requested that they either remove the product from sale, or at least remove my code completely from the product. If you can't see that they stopped paying me royalties in order to keep my share for themselves, you really are not thinking too hard about it.

A product they claimed they paid for, thus the royalties you already received, however they claim your noncommunication and failure to meet deadlines resulted in the termination of the partnership.

Quote:
To just get a court order to get them to stop selling the product will cost about £1000 and then might require enforcement action afterwards.

And your point is? If you're looking to collect royalties, then talking about this is blatantly a move to attempt to force them to settle. The problem is, you don't have a leg to stand on and you know it, thus this thread. The only point in bringing it up is to try and prove how "Serious" you are but anyone with half a brain realizes statements like this are the legal equivalent of the Navy Seal copypasta.

Quote:
If I stop even one sale going to these people as a result of these posts, I will be satisfied.

Sim HQ ain't your village soapbox. You got a problem, deal with it like an adult and not an emo 13 year old.

Quote:
They chose the wrong developer to steal from! I also hope this serves as a warning to other developers who were thinking of working with these people.

Tango.

The joke here of course is you worked with two developers in the DCS community, and both of them said you screwed them over. Both of them aren't backing down from your little temper tantrum, and both of them have made statements to the effect of "Take it to Court if you've got something", which to no one's surprise, you haven't, and every time people ask why haven't you, you're waiting for the royalties to pile up, or some other crappy line. Doesn't give you a whole hell of a lot of credibility when the basis of your tantrum relies on a verbal contract, the content of we only have your word to take from.

#4245215 - 04/01/16 12:38 AM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: TangoVPJT]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA
I trust that, even though there isn't a written contract, you do have the emails and text messages that comprise these discussions between you and Aviodev. I'm not saying you are not giving an honest account but, in court, you will definitely need some corroboration of the conversations.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
#4245216 - 04/01/16 12:41 AM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: cichlidfan]  
Tirak Offline
Tirak  Offline

Originally Posted By: cichlidfan
I trust that, even though there isn't a written contract, you do have the emails and text messages that comprise these discussions between you and Aviodev. I'm not saying you are not giving an honest account but, in court, you will definitely need some corroboration of the conversations.

Tango has been at this for months, and has done nothing substantial except for screaming in forums. I think that speaks volumes for the validity of his claims.

#4245217 - 04/01/16 12:51 AM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: Tirak]  
TangoVPJT Offline
TangoVPJT  Offline

Originally Posted By: cichlidfan

Tango has been at this for months, and has done nothing substantial except for screaming in forums. I think that speaks volumes for the validity of his claims.

Wow... Really?

I'm not going to explain (again) why I'm waiting to take legal action.

I only care about money made to date (so far, 3 quarters worth). At the same time as recovering money owed, I will demand my code be removed in full from the product.

I have multiple backups of all written communication via multiple sources, dating back to the first messages when they ask me to join their team. smile

Tango.

#4245223 - 04/01/16 01:08 AM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: TangoVPJT]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Everybody can have their say, but refrain from calling each other names, or characterizing one another.

Stick to addressing the message content, not the author's characteristics.

Last edited by CyBerkut; 04/01/16 01:12 AM. Reason: Clarification
#4245247 - 04/01/16 02:49 AM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: TangoVPJT]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
I like the work that has been done with the jet, right up until it went sour between avio and tango. Between both Avio and VEAO, I will not be buying any future modules from either of these developers. On one hand we have a dev that maintains long periods of radio silence and not much progress when there is an update, and on the other we have a dev who would rather speak about nandos chicken and boast about how much progress is being made in updates, yet the official patches from Ed show no progress being made. Looking back to September, and the progress that has been made on both aircraft since tango was involved in, Im quite sure neither company has recovered after sacking tango. Doesn't look like either will in the forsee able future regarding both of the modules. Should have paid the man, even hush money or what ever you want to call it.

#4245308 - 04/01/16 11:18 AM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: TangoVPJT]  
Maverick82 Offline
Maverick82  Offline

Tango:
I have read in other forums that you stopped the updates after you have been paid. Aviodev lost 4 months for your fault, and your codes were disaster for ED format. This means that VEAO and Aviodev had a problems with you about what were you doing during those months that you did not update any codes. If you are writting here because Aviodev and Veao are bad companies, why did those companies fire you? two different companies with two modules that they are competitive, meaning, they should be enemies. It is we call, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. if you are writting bad publicity over here and you want to complain them, why do not you silence and go to a lawyer?. This meaning you are trying to fu... them. Aviodev, the module that I have, is much better than 4 months ago. can you tell what is wrong here?.

Last edited by Maverick82; 04/01/16 11:20 AM.
#4245315 - 04/01/16 11:43 AM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: TangoVPJT]  
Paradaz Offline
Paradaz  Offline

UK
I don't think you have read Tango's posts in this thread Maverick....he has already answered all the questions you're asking!

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.
#4245322 - 04/01/16 11:51 AM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: Maverick82]  
Winfield Offline
model citizen
Winfield  Offline
model citizen

QLD
Originally Posted By: Maverick82
Tango:
I have read in other forums that you stopped the updates after you have been paid. Aviodev lost 4 months for your fault, and your codes were disaster for ED format.

This post is a joke, state your sources and links to specific posts regarding your opening sentence.

Actually the only post your will quote will be the one from "up the tree at VEAO" regarding the relationship break down between Tango and VEAO, no post on Aviodev's behalf states anything regarding the breakdown between Tango and Aviodev, so you need to rephrase your entire post before laying blame at Tango for Avio's shortcomings.

My source is Here here

Good try at de-railing the thread, unfortunately it didn't work.

#4245328 - 04/01/16 12:13 PM Re: AvioDev Update [Re: TangoVPJT]  
TangoVPJT Offline
TangoVPJT  Offline

Maverick82: there is nothing wrong with the code I wrote for DCS. Whoever is saying that, doesn't understand how to write software!

There are certain things that must be done for the code to operate with DCS, and obviously that is implemented correctly, otherwise it wouldn't work!

How is the module better than 4 months ago? What specifically changed?

Tango.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.