Hop To
#4230636 - 02/18/16 03:52 PM New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
The public link is here: http://1drv.ms/1PTmXMT
If you need to install nGlide 1.05 then you can d/l the installer from this page.

The first file you need is "140Module"
Downloading and running it creates a "140Module" folder:

Running the DirSetPicker gives you a choice of two planesets, and Planeset2 is made from Iron Mike's 24 bit skins which are now usable in Glide3.

This is effectively the test installation, so do not d/l anything else until you have it working.
If you are using nGlide then check the other thread to get the correct settings.

Once it is running the other four theatres can be downloaded.
These need to be run in the "140Module" folder

When they are run the appropriate theatre folders and planes folders will be installed,and the appropriate "dir.set" files will be added to the "LongDirSets" folder.

This is a complete install:

The TWF theatre is very much a beta, and is there for people to try. One of the planesets is based on AO's FM files plus a few more to make up the numbers. The terrain that is used was made for TWF but it is not fully glide compatible, and there are some white patches on the tiles.

More theatres are currently under construction wink

wink

Last edited by MrJelly; 02/18/16 04:15 PM.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4230747 - 02/18/16 07:31 PM Re: New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes [Re: MrJelly]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

In the download folder there is now a "Glide3Exes" zip file which unzips to make a folder with all five of the glide3 compatible eaw.exes in it:

People using 1.28e or 1.29 might find this useful smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

#4230765 - 02/18/16 08:03 PM Re: New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes [Re: MrJelly]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Cool.

Is the 1.28e otherwise a standard 1.28e or does it have other things you patched in it?

Last edited by FsFOOT; 02/18/16 08:05 PM.
#4230780 - 02/18/16 08:31 PM Re: New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes [Re: MrJelly]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Try it and see. I cannot remember what was added to the original, but a few bugs emerged that were fixed.
One recent change is the switch from a signed integer to a UWORD for the count of TMods in "tardata.dat". You cannot have a negative number of objects, but because it was a signed integer Ray hit the limit (which we now know was 32768) in his ETO upgrade project. The cause was far from obvious as it was in a routine that read "dat" files, and not specifically related to "tardata.dat". The effect was an instant CTD.
It held up the development of the new theatre for almost two years. They are both two bytes, but changing from a signed integer to a UWORD increased the maximum number of TMods from 32768 to 65535 smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4231198 - 02/19/16 06:12 PM Re: New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes [Re: MrJelly]  
AngleOff Offline
AngleOff  Offline

PA., USA
Hi Jel,
downloaded and made the 140 Module and all is working well.
Get a cool 3dfx logo just before the loading screen too.

Do I need to download the other theatres or can I just take them
out of my 1.40Rebuild install?
Thanks,

AO

#4231203 - 02/19/16 06:32 PM Re: New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes [Re: MrJelly]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

I was hoping to get a fixed multiplayer set-up.
You could make a parallel installation to play with smile
Do not try TWF online. There are bugs in it which cause a lock-up which I am fixing.
Planeset 2 does have any early bombers, so in an intercept when you change the year from, 1945 to 1940 it locks up.
As it is only for a bit of fun I might just change the year on the HP and the Gotha smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4231451 - 02/20/16 02:09 PM Re: New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes [Re: MrJelly]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

In the downloads I provide there are thousands of files, few of which are my own. A few of these files are bad, and with Murphy's Law running riot the problems do not show up until the day we make a major release frown
The last one was no exception, so there are some replacement files on the "140Module2016" page:

The previous "140Module" has been replaced with the current one.
The previous "TWF1914-18" (which was very bad and caused lock-ups in multiplayer) has been replaced with the current one.
The previous "SAW" has been modified very slightly, and replaced by "SpanishAirWar"
The previous "SPAW" has not been replaced, but has been given a more meaningful name.

The other files have not been changed.

My mext step will be to make a multiplayer pack of the utilities and library that multiplayers need, especially when hosting smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4231458 - 02/20/16 02:36 PM Re: New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes [Re: MrJelly]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
Eh, it's getting complicated. THIS IS NOT A CRITICISM, just some observations to hopefully clear things up. If I'm confused you can bet that a lot of other guys are too.

Where is Malta and the new target upgrade?

I'm looking at your oneDrive and I see:

140module
ETOplanesets
Glide3execs
nGlideSetup
South Pacific Air War
Spanish Air War
TWF1914-18

I don't see Malta nor the target upgrade in you folder screenshots either.

I see that AO asked if he can transport files over from the 1.4Rebuild folder. Is that what I should do?

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4231473 - 02/20/16 03:10 PM Re: New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes [Re: MrJelly]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Still testing those offline and online on my LAN before uploading. I did those minipics smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4231548 - 02/20/16 07:41 PM Re: New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes [Re: MrJelly]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

There is now a "Mediterranean" theatre download in the folder smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4231777 - 02/21/16 11:41 AM Re: New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes [Re: MrJelly]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

There is now a "Ray's New ETO" download in the folder with a couple of additions.
Running it will install Ray's stuff and replace the two default "TextMap.str" files in "savedata" with the shorter and better ones. It will also put a default "bulletcolor.mpf" in "savedata".

Let the installation replace the "EAWVersions" folder with a new one containing the two previous exes plus a new pair (140Glide3Nmp.exe and 140Glide3Omp.exe).
These two have a slight change to the multiplayer parameters screen in which the target number is displayed before the target name:

You can see "266 Lechfeld" whereas previously you only saw "Lechfeld".
This is useful for multiplayer pilots who may want to make a note of the target number. The base numbers have always been displayed.

wink

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4231801 - 02/21/16 01:16 PM Re: New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes [Re: MrJelly]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
Thank you for all te hard work Tony..I'm not flyng a whole heck of a lot Hell the arthritis in my legs make getting up a 5 mintue job thanks to the pain in them But I do manaage to get up the the skies now and then,But Medicare is suppose to spring for a back brace rRight mow I get up and it takes a minute to get my feet working

Russ
Semper Fi
#4231905 - 02/21/16 07:32 PM Re: New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes [Re: MrJelly]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
every thing is running well here especiallly my Marines in the pacific btw reading a book A Higher Call aNY Times best seller about the air War in Europe and it shwos you there's good and bab on both sides.

Russ
Semper Fi
#4231906 - 02/21/16 07:34 PM Re: New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes [Re: MrJelly]  
rwatson Offline
Hotshot
rwatson  Offline
Hotshot

New Concord, Ohio
every thing is running well here especiallly my Marines in the pacific btw reading a book A Higher Call aNY Times best seller about the air War in Europe and it shwos you there's good and bab on both sides.

Russ
Semper Fi
#4231980 - 02/21/16 11:44 PM Re: New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes [Re: MrJelly]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

The game CTD when testing just the 140Module at the beginning of the mission loading screen...

EDIT: IT was my Joystick, needed to be unplugged and re plugged in. Apparently there's something going on with Win10 and sleeping the port that the sticks on, perhaps power management has to be turned off for that usb port...
Apparently after the Nov update of Win10 or sometime shortly after, MS installed an updated driver for my MSSWFF2 stick and it puts it to sleep/turns it off when the system goes to sleep, I had to disable that at the USB port power saving to prevent my stick from turning off, because it wasn't designed original with power saving features. So it won't resume/wake properly with the system running.

P38H/J Gauges: are not working for the 2nd engine, and the coolant gauge is out too.
(Planeset 1), both exes, defaultEAW.

Rays ETO: When I extracted it, it wanted to overwrite the SAVEDATA\TEXTMAP1.STR and TEXTMAP2.STR files dated 9-17-2014 with ones from 11-05-2015. Didn't know what to do so i just renamed them. So I basically have 4 of those files. Need further instructions to continue...

Last edited by MarkEAW; 02/22/16 05:35 AM.
#4232070 - 02/22/16 07:40 AM Re: New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes [Re: MrJelly]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Quote:
There is now a "Ray's New ETO" download in the folder with a couple of additions.
Running it will install Ray's stuff and replace the two default "TextMap.str" files in "savedata" with the shorter and better ones. It will also put a default "bulletcolor.mpf" in "savedata".

I do not propose to be continually fixing gauge problems and uploading patches.
The history is that Crashin' Jack added new code to the exe to allow more gauges. It was done several years ago. The new gauge files are longer because of a section added in the middle. Existing gauge files needed to be updated, not with new gauges, but with a dummy section in the middle to push the other data to the correct place.
Many were done, and seemed OK. Some may not have been.
I will check and find the tool that does the update.
What I will do is to check the P38-J and see if I can fix it with the tool.
If so I can make the tool available so that users can fix the problem themselves.

Last edited by MrJelly; 02/22/16 08:07 AM.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4233693 - 02/26/16 03:12 AM Re: New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes [Re: MrJelly]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Jel, you find that tool to fix the gauge readouts?

#4233718 - 02/26/16 08:28 AM Re: New 140 installation with Glide3 compatible exes [Re: MrJelly]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Yes, but that was not the problem with the P38.
The "VCGplane.DAT" was the correct size, but the default "Pla_VIEW.CPT" file in "savedata" seemed to be causing the problem.
I flew a P38-J in 1.29 and the gauges were good, so I grabbed the "P001VIEW.CPT" file and renamed it as "Pla_VIEW.CPT". After re-naming the default one in "savedata" I added the new one.

It fixed the problem, and the other planes seem OK too:

The tempest is using the same default file.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.