Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4221334 - 01/25/16 04:41 PM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: Snakeyes]  
shadowwarrior99 Offline
shadowwarrior99  Offline

Originally Posted By: Snakeyes
Originally Posted By: HardTale
Well AiA is going to be a pain, they are trickling the bandwidth to me as a registered member.

Try getting the download at night or overnight while you are sleeping. It seems Armaholic is throttling their bandwidth unless you are a donator.

Post the torrent links here, I will put them on my 20gbps torrent box, and then give you the links to download via http?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4221583 - 01/26/16 03:24 AM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: Snakeyes]  
MojoFlow Offline
MojoFlow  Offline

Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Ssnakes,

Is AiA actually needed since you are using a different map? Just wondering if I can save on the download?

Thanks!

#4221878 - 01/26/16 07:03 PM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: MojoFlow]  
Snakeyes Offline
XBL: sSnakeyes
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
Originally Posted By: MojoFlow
Ssnakes,

Is AiA actually needed since you are using a different map? Just wondering if I can save on the download?

Thanks!

AiA TP is required for the Esseker map. It will not work otherwise. The only map officially supported by the Exile Mod is Altis and it is native to ArmA 3. The Exile developers are working on a update to Namalsk for ArmA 3. It will be the next map that is officially supported. Server admins run a lot of the ArmA 2 maps like Chernarus,Taviana, Panthera, etc. All of the maps require AiA TP to run correctly. Both the server and the client. It is a huge download. Best to do it overnight. There are less users online and it doesn't interfere with family using the internet.

#4221879 - 01/26/16 07:07 PM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
Originally Posted By: Harry-the-Ruskie
Originally Posted By: komemiute

Thanks!

You joining ? I'm making a beeline for the server in the next couple of days. Already several SimHQ members omboard on a regular basis. I need to kill that Dozer guy and his nasty cohort Airdog.

Sh!t Snake. Where am I going to find the time ? I'm loving Elte Dangerous, Feetwet and Snapdad roped me in with Ark Survival (another great game) and now this.

I know the feeling. I want to play, but then I see another cool gadget to install. Make a little time for each them. Once you are set-up, it gives you another entertainment option.

smile

#4221880 - 01/26/16 07:14 PM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: Snakeyes]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Snakeyes
Originally Posted By: Harry-the-Ruskie
Originally Posted By: komemiute

Thanks!

You joining ? I'm making a beeline for the server in the next couple of days. Already several SimHQ members omboard on a regular basis. I need to kill that Dozer guy and his nasty cohort Airdog.

Sh!t Snake. Where am I going to find the time ? I'm loving Elte Dangerous, Feetwet and Snapdad roped me in with Ark Survival (another great game) and now this.

I know the feeling. I want to play, but then I see another cool gadget to install. Make a little time for each them. Once you are set-up, it gives you another entertainment option.

smile

Yeah, what Snakeyes said... :/
I wish I had a 36 hours day...

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4221884 - 01/26/16 07:36 PM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: Snakeyes]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
(US) Esseker

Update ...

Added the EVR Blowout Effect: Remember the EMPs on Namalsk? They're back! Buy a Pilot Helmet at the Equipment trader. There are 3 different flavors (AAF, CSAT and NATO) and any one of them works as your APSI device. You must be wearing it on your head during the EMP event. If you don't have the helmet on it causes 60% damage to your health (HP). With the helmet on there is no damage to your player, just some really cool effects. If you can get inside a map building before the EMP event, it reduces the damage to 30% (with no helmet). There is plenty of warning. Both audio and visual special effects leading up to the EMP. The EMPs are set for 45 minute intervals.

Added several custom crafting recipes.

Added Enigma Exile Revive: This has been a life saver for us on Altis. Defib your downed mate. After CPR he is restored to 5% HP. Once stabilized he can use an Instadoc to restore his health. You have 10 minutes to revive him before he respawns automatically. Most firefights are over in less than 10 minutes. If you are on alone and there is nobody around to revive you, then simply hit the esc key and you can respawn without waiting for the countdown.

Last edited by Snakeyes; 01/26/16 07:56 PM. Reason: corrections/clarifications
#4221934 - 01/26/16 10:04 PM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: Snakeyes]  
MojoFlow Offline
MojoFlow  Offline

Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Thanks Snakeyes!

Will try to get on sometime.

Tried to connect and got kicked.

Edit: I think there is something wrong with my Esseker mod. On the MP connect screen AiA and Exile have green circles, but Esseker is red.

This is the version I have installed:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498101407

Any thoughts on why I can't connect.

In the launcher, I have a profile with the following mods enabled:
- CBA_A3
- AllinArmaTerrainPack
- Exile Mod
- Esseker

Thanks!

#4222100 - 01/27/16 11:39 AM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: MojoFlow]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
Hi MojoFlow,

Try to connect again without the CBA_A3 mod. It is not required. To connect to the Esseker server you need the following mods enabled:
  • Exile Mod
  • AiA TP Mod (All_in_ArmA Terrain Pack) Full version, not the Lite version.
  • Esseker map
JSRS DragonFyre Lite (sound package) is supported, but it is optional for the clients. I use it because I like the improved sound/experience. It does not require the CBA_A3 mod to run it. Simply drop the mod folder into the ArmA 3 root directory and the key for it into the keys folder. Then select it along with the other mods you need in the ArmA 3 launcher. You are good to go.

#4222368 - 01/28/16 02:25 AM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: Snakeyes]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Harry-the-Ruskie  Offline
Hotshot

Malaysia
I'm getting up to speed.

Arma 3 seemed daunting but after getting down to the meat and potatoes, it's quite straighforward.

I have to relearn the shooting, since all the ballistics appear more realistic and better than Arma2.

Helicopters....I don't know if it is because I have not touched any Arma genre for a longtime, but all that hotsh!t pilot stuff I acquired from Arma2 have really gone to pot. I'm getting back some of the mojo on the VR Trainer but not yet back to the same level of confidence and dare devilry I had during our Epoch days. Perishable skill, I guess.

Was going to get on the server yesterday, but my dog died. Wasn't in the mood.

#4222469 - 01/28/16 11:45 AM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: Snakeyes]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
Use it or lose it I guess. smile

Sorry to hear about your dog Harry. They make good friends.

#4223578 - 01/31/16 05:49 AM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: Snakeyes]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
That was a whole bunch of fun teaming up with you and Dozer yesterday.

Never realized a battle with AI can be this intense.

Being my first playthrough, I am thoroughly impressed with the mod. It's a whole level above Epoch and absolutely outmatch that buggy mess they call DayZ Standalone.

The netcode's pretty solid too. Not noticing any sluggishness to the helicopter flight models in multiplay...something that was a problem for me in Arma2. And we are talking about Arma3 based game which looks and play superb compared to its predecessor.

#4223813 - 01/31/16 07:58 PM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
Those town invasion missions are a lot fun. Really intense.

#4226422 - 02/07/16 04:33 PM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: Snakeyes]  
MojoFlow Offline
MojoFlow  Offline

Moose Jaw, SK Canada
So, I still can't connect.

I get on the server then get kicked.

I only have the three mods enabled and was able to connect to other servers running Esseker.

The server isn't showing up in A3Launcher either, so not sure if that is a factor. I am just trying to connect normally from in Arma after starting the normal launcher with those three mods. I am stumped..

Oh well.

I have been playing on 'Reapers Sanctuary', the one running the Al Rayak map. Get good framerates on this server. Found it after watching some of the server admins videos on youtube.

#4226605 - 02/08/16 03:22 AM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: MojoFlow]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
How do you like the Al Rayak map? 20km^2 seems a bit small.

edit- I'll be flipping Esseker to Namalsk as soon as the Exile developers release it. It is a update to the ARMA2 Namalsk map and it is standalone. No extra mods like AiA TP are required.

Last edited by Snakeyes; 02/08/16 03:59 AM. Reason: add
#4226747 - 02/08/16 02:47 PM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: Snakeyes]  
MojoFlow Offline
MojoFlow  Offline

Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Al Rayak seems well done. I haven't been around it completely. Right now the size isn't an issue as I only have an offroad truck, no aircraft yet. The one thing that would be good with a smaller map is that there is better chance of meeting up with other people.

Funny thing last night. There was a 'Blackhawk Down' mission near my base so I decided to check it out. Went there and noticed an ambulance parked in the area. Snuck over to it, hopped in (wasn't locked) then drove it to the nearby airbase to sell it. Would have liked to have seen the look on the faces of the guys that left it there trying to get loot from the downed copter.

smile

#4226760 - 02/08/16 03:09 PM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: Snakeyes]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
Yeah, I think that would make a great PVP map. Chances are that ambulance was a map spawn. No matter, selling it still pays off.

#4228189 - 02/12/16 03:04 AM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: Snakeyes]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
Surprised not more SimHQ folks are joining up on server.

This is a crapload of fun. I sh!t you not. I have not played Elite for nearly a fortnight because of this.

Despite being PvP, it's compelling even as a PVE given the realism of the AI. Now that you have included the the zeds from the Zombies & Demon Mod, the server is perfect. Brutal if you are a green rookie, but once you work out how to get things done, it's challenging but perfectly doable.

Right now, it's low human population server but with the excellent AI and zeds, that don't matter.

#4228639 - 02/13/16 03:00 AM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: Snakeyes]  
MojoFlow Offline
MojoFlow  Offline

Moose Jaw, SK Canada
Agreed,

Really enjoying this mod. I have been playing on a different server that has some decent amounts of players online, high loot, and no zombies on the Al Rayak map.

smile

#4229045 - 02/14/16 03:00 PM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: Snakeyes]  
komemiute Offline
Hell Drummer
komemiute  Offline
Hell Drummer
Hotshot

OK i really want in, but every time I see you playing I feel unworthy! biggrin

No, but seriously- can I just install mods form Steam workshop to make this works?
Or there's side stuff? I tried to follow this a bit but with my limited time I always feel like there's too much to know.

smile

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
#4229068 - 02/14/16 04:53 PM Re: ARMA3 Exile Mod [Re: Snakeyes]  
MojoFlow Offline
MojoFlow  Offline

Moose Jaw, SK Canada
If you download a3launcher, it is a great utility that will automatically download mods required for a server when you connect.

I have subscribed to most on steam workshop, and that does a good job keeping everything up to date.

You have to download All in Arma Terrain pack from Armaholic. It is a large download, but many servers use it so it is worthwhile to get.

I have been playing on Reaper's Sanctuary - Al Rayak, so let me know if you want to team up and I can help you with the learning curve. I will post a few videos later that will help as well.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.