Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4227734 - 02/11/16 02:16 AM ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang....  
J5_Lehmann Offline
J5_Lehmann  Offline

A few weeks ago, I bought WOFF, upgraded it with the 2.0 expansion, all three add-ons, the skin pack, and even the music.
I have to say that I am in awe of how far things have come since I first crossed the lines with Red Baron one, years and years ago. (In my SP campaign I painted a Sopwith Camel red & white... and flew as "Snoopy" LOL!)
I've been down the road with RB1, Aces over Europe, Aces over the Pacific, RB3D (I flew with Paul Baumer and the good people of Jasta 5 online for a couple of years... and played for ages with HASP.) CFS3, IL2, RoF, and OFF's various incarnations.

WOFF is getting it right. In my opinion, it is filling the immersion hole that only Red Baron could create in earlier sim days. Although I may not be able to post here much, I have to say that all souls involved in the building of the WOFF expansion from its first inception in OFF until now... should take a bow. You are the SCHIZNIT!!! beercheers Thank you for all your hard work. I know a thing or two about software development and sim expansion building.... it is a lot like herding cats. It can drain the life from all involved. However, you might feel today... feel proud. WOFF is a work of art.

THANK YOU! (and to all who worked on the AWESOMENESS that is Boistrancourt in WOFF... you ROCK!)

Blessings on you all.

#4227738 - 02/11/16 02:27 AM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
Raine Offline
Raine  Offline

New Brunswick, Canada
Well said!

#4227739 - 02/11/16 02:37 AM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
MFair Offline
MFair  Offline

thumbsup+1

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!
#4227748 - 02/11/16 03:03 AM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
CaptSopwith Offline
Barmy WingNut
CaptSopwith  Offline
Barmy WingNut

United States
Hear! Hear! I couldn't have said it better myself Lehmann! I'm going to pick up the skins pack next, I think. Still need to get those add-ons bolted onto my WOFF install but I figured the skins would give me the most mileage to start with.

Still, there is just so much to see and explore in this magnificent sim! Can't speak highly enough of it!

Cheers!

#4227763 - 02/11/16 04:38 AM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Another "Hear, hear!"
WOFF is one in a million alright and nothing comes close.

#4227808 - 02/11/16 09:53 AM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Always great to read such positive words on WOFF - you speak from my very soul too, Lehmann!
WOFF is not a business project made by managers and full time empoyees -
WOFF could only be done by devoted idealists with artistic talents.
The decisive ingredient is LOVE.

Welcome to WOFF and our fine forum! Enjoy flying over Flanders fields, Lehmann!

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4227966 - 02/11/16 04:13 PM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Welcome Lehmann, great to see you now on the WoFF forum, suppose the same Lehmann as from the RoF forum?

#4228011 - 02/11/16 05:42 PM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
J5_Lehmann Offline
J5_Lehmann  Offline

Hi Dutch. I am J5Lehmann also on the RoF forum, but I have not made any posts there.

Were you ever associated with the Subsim.com Silent Hunter forums? I am known as 'Kpt. Lehmann' there.

Last edited by J5_Lehmann; 02/11/16 07:05 PM.
#4228012 - 02/11/16 05:42 PM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
KodiakJac Offline
KodiakJac  Offline

USA
Originally Posted By: J5_Lehmann
WOFF is a work of art.

I was thinking about this the other day. "What flight sim is more beautiful than WOFF: X-Plane, P3D, RoF?

And the answer is "none."

Someone might correctly argue "Well, flight sim X has higher resolution this or that, or uses a newer version of DirectX.

But with WOFF the “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts” as Aristotle put it.

WOFF is simply the most beautiful flight sim ever created IMO. All should be congratulated at OBD, but in particular the creative directors who brought it all together into what we now see as WOFF 2.

Superb!

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup
#4228039 - 02/11/16 06:23 PM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
dutch Offline
dutch  Offline

EURO-zone
Hi Dutch. I am J5_Lehmann also on the RoF forum, but I have not made any posts there.

Were you ever associated with the Subsim.com Silent Hunter forums? I am known as 'Kpt. Lehmann' there.

No I never played SH, no WW1 subs, but I was very active on Redbaron Dynamix forum and Delphi.
I still can remember this one RoF website
Even Lou did have his words on that Lehmann subject, still do not know what you did to that hidden MP-group, they seems to be angry on you.

#4228059 - 02/11/16 06:51 PM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
J5_Lehmann Offline
J5_Lehmann  Offline

Negative Dutch sir. The Lehmann you link to apparently began flying with Jasta 5 Online after I retired from the Squadron.

Although I am registered at the RoF forums as "J5Lehmann" I have never posted there and have never flown RoF multi-player.

If I recall correctly, my last online mission with Jasta 5 was in 2006 (RB3D was the platform we used then.) Following my departure, I do recall the Jasta CO asking me if it was okay if the 'Lehmann' moniker was re-used. I replied that it would be fine. (My pilot profile was listed under 'Klaus Lehmann.'.... not the 'Wilhelm Lehmann' your linked thread refers to.)

I am not in any way related to the Lehmann you refer to. I get the feeling I am a great deal older than the one you knew LOL.

(Slight correction, Dutch. I am registered as 'J5Lehmann' on the RoF forum... not 'J5_Lehmann')

Last edited by J5_Lehmann; 02/11/16 07:08 PM.
#4228089 - 02/11/16 08:31 PM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Yes, I have everything WoFF so far as well, a great product smile

#4228155 - 02/12/16 12:48 AM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
HumanDrone Offline
Just shoot me...
HumanDrone  Offline
Just shoot me...

Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
Glad to have another on board! RAF_Louvert must be off somewhere. He is the author of the Boistrancourt add on. So I'll beat him to the punch:

Welcome to the meat grinder! New guy buys the drinks! beercheers

(Agree with you & everyone here - WOFF is a work of art, a labor of love and respect.)

Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX1080Ti/ 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor / 1050W Power
FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/Wings Over Flanders Fields BH&H2 (more gorgeous than ever!)
Proud BOC inductee 4/30/12!
#4228160 - 02/12/16 01:09 AM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
J5_Lehmann Offline
J5_Lehmann  Offline

Well, thank you HumanDrone. I'm certainly new to WOFF 2.0! I'll be happy to buy the drinks for sure. Me and my fellow Green-Tailed Devils have certainly been defending the beer factories around Cambrai for the last month or so... which means that we better hurry up and drink it all before the guys across the lines figure out why we've been fighting so hard. (Meat-grinder indeed.)

RAF_Louvert... my hat is off to you. Thank you for making my home aerodrome so awesomely accurate! (RL, I seem to recall your involvement in the 'Flanders in Flames' online campaign in RB3D... which was the best white-knuckle flying online that I ever did.)

For those not familiar with the olf RB3D FiF... No teamspeak was allowed during the mission... and when you were shot down... you were done for the evening.... no re-spawns. It made everybody fly scared, and to view all opponent's as you might a two-step adder! To make any communication at all, you had to get within 25 meters or so of your squad mate and send short texts. Missions were about three hours long if you survived. Afterwards, we'd camp on teamspeak for a bit, just to decompress! Very draining in a cool sort of way.

#4228324 - 02/12/16 11:54 AM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

HumanDrone, I have indeed been off somewhere and will be again in about two hours, this time to an EMS conference in the winter vacation garden spot that is Chamberlain, South Dakota. biggrin

Lehmann, does my heart good to know that an old virtual J5 flieger such as yourself is enjoying my re-creation of the Boistrancourt aerodrome for WOFF. It is still technically a WIP as fellow WOFFer Hauksbee is building the guard tower and brick fence for the chateau grounds, along with several other sundry bits and pieces.

And 'Flanders in Flames', now there was one of the top-notch RB3D online events back in the day. As a fan of the 'dead is dead' approach to such competitions, I particularly enjoyed the FIF campaigns. I just dug around in the old folders of my RB3D stuff and found the following blast from the past that you will no doubt appreciate:

Good times - good, good times. smile2

As for "WINGS: Over Flanders Fields"? Simply the best WWI combat flight sim ever, bar none.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4228376 - 02/12/16 02:11 PM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool
COuldn't agree more.

#4228572 - 02/12/16 10:40 PM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
J5_Lehmann Offline
J5_Lehmann  Offline

Well doesn't that beat all! I didn't know that you were a brother medic, Louvert! West Texas here... and I skipped out on our last local EMS conference. I had to SLEEP!

And with that... I am on duty for the next three nights. Hopefully, I can fly again on Monday or Tuesday. You all be safe out there, and treat your prisoners well!)

Really glad to hear about Hauksbee and the guard tower. Great to hear that work continues on Boistrancourt.

Last edited by J5_Lehmann; 02/12/16 10:41 PM.
#4228583 - 02/12/16 11:11 PM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
RAF_Louvert  Offline

L'Etoile du Nord

Lehmann, while I have taken a few EMT classes and have even lent a hand on occasion, my work in ambulances is in the repairing, maintenance, and selling of them. I applaud folks like you who devote themselves to saving lives. You Sir, and your brothers and sisters in EMS, are all true heroes in my book.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4228695 - 02/13/16 08:47 AM Re: ...So I Bought the Whole WOFF Shabang.... [Re: J5_Lehmann]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Really glad to hear about Hauksbee and the guard tower. Great to hear that work continues on Boistrancourt.

Ditto to that, gents! thumbsup

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM