Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4227011 - 02/09/16 04:29 AM Better plane being kept as reserve normal?  
Wolfstriked Offline
Wolfstriked  Offline

NYC
Is it proper procedure to use the Fokker EII's we have while EIII's are being held in reserve?4 Missions so far and we lost one EII but we still also have EII's in reserve.

#4227038 - 02/09/16 09:10 AM Re: Better plane being kept as reserve normal? [Re: Wolfstriked]  
CatKnight Offline
CatKnight  Offline

Cleveland, OH, US
Could be you have no one in your squad (Aces, etc.) 'eligible' to use the E.III

#4227041 - 02/09/16 09:44 AM Re: Better plane being kept as reserve normal? [Re: Wolfstriked]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
I think this is a WOFF quirk. Certainly not a "better man/better plane" system. At least as far as the player is concerned.

I have been in Alb Jastas in the spring of 1917 several times where I will be "stuck" in a Alb DIII (Early) along with the other non-HA's when the better Alb DIII's are being flown by HA's (despite the fact I have more victories then they sometimes - offtimes they have none) and additional better DIII's are the Reserve Aircraft.

No matter what you are doing as a player - great ace or hack - it seems to be a time thing for you to get the aircraft upgrade.

#4227050 - 02/09/16 10:35 AM Re: Better plane being kept as reserve normal? [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: DukeIronHand
No matter what you are doing as a player - great ace or hack - it seems to be a time thing for you to get the aircraft upgrade.

In WOFF you receive the better planes by higher rank, not by victories.
(I find that perfectly okay, cause we are unreal aces, who have fallen hundreds of times,
but still grow the same combat experience).

In the "Pilot Enlistment" screen you can see, that there are low, medium and highest ranks,
and the aircraft each rank receives, are listed there.
When you switch through the months per arrow button, you can see, how the same aircraft,
which first came to the highest ranks, will go to the medium, and later to the lower ranks.

This "Enlistment" menue is a brilliant show, cause you can check out almost EVERYthing there.

For those who didn't know yet: you have a "Manual Enlistment" at the bottom right.
If you click that, you will get to an "all selectable" menu.
You can pick a nationality, a year, a month, even a day you want to start -
and you can check each and every squadron with this method, to find the perfect one for you.
Then select the rank you need for the desired airplane - what more do you need?

That we have to wait until we will receive the next better aircraft - that is only
how it felt to be a simple pilot. You had not much to say; you had to take what
you were given. It's the military, after all.

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4227058 - 02/09/16 11:23 AM Re: Better plane being kept as reserve normal? [Re: Wolfstriked]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Ok, I'm confused since I have no prior knowledge on this subject.

Did pilots earn better aircraft through number of flight hours, victories or rank or what?

Were there instances where a squad had better planes in reserve, but they were not given to some pilots due to rank or insufficient flight time?

#4227065 - 02/09/16 11:43 AM Re: Better plane being kept as reserve normal? [Re: Wolfstriked]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

In some German units, pilots who were non-commissioned officers,
would receive top aircraft, when they had made good achievements.
Example: Julius Buckler, Jasta 17.
(from the book "Malaula! The Battlecry of Jasta 17")

In other units, they would receive a lesser palne, even though there must
have been better planes in reserve.
Example: F. K. Kurt Jentsch, Jasta 1.
(from the book "Beim Jagdflug tödlich verunglückt?")

Seems it depended on the CO and maybe the other officers?

In those days, a non-commissioned officers seems to have been on a different
level still, and only in the air corps, the rank and class distictions only
just began to blur - at least in the German Luftstreitkräfte.

#4227069 - 02/09/16 12:13 PM Re: Better plane being kept as reserve normal? [Re: Wolfstriked]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Good to know. I guess back then the decisions were made by the ones in power and not necessarily following any set of standardized rules. While the less fortunate had to take whatever they got.

#4227082 - 02/09/16 01:56 PM Re: Better plane being kept as reserve normal? [Re: Wolfstriked]  
Hasse Offline
Hasse  Offline

IMO, if the squadron has access to better planes, they should be able to use them. A quirk of the WOFF Manager, I also suspect.

Something to improve in WOFF Gold perhaps? smile

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps
#4227148 - 02/09/16 06:03 PM Re: Better plane being kept as reserve normal? [Re: Wolfstriked]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Except in WOFF the better plane to higher ranks does not apply apart from the Enlistment screen.
In-game HA's, not matter what their rank or victory score, always get the better plane before you do.

Are you saying Olham that I can go see when I , as the player, will get it in the Enlistment screen by "creating" another career and looking at the date? When it shows, for example, the DIII is available to the lower ranks is when I should get it in a low-ranking existing career?

#4227168 - 02/09/16 06:43 PM Re: Better plane being kept as reserve normal? [Re: Wolfstriked]  
Wolfstriked Offline
Wolfstriked  Offline

NYC
From what I take from Olham's post going into the enlistment screen I see that only middle and highest rank get the EIII while lowest rank gets the EII.I am in jasta5 and have Hans Berr as an Ace but googled that he didn't get his first kill till march and its only February right now.I guess we are all at lowest rank right now.

Sadly I will not see the light of day much longer.Even though I have 3 kills confirmed in 9 missions flown I have also been shot down 3 times already.My chances are super slim of surviving and I realize I must get out of these Eindeckers who seem broken DM wise.Its the one bullet that hits fuel line and instantly empties the gas tank or the one bullet aileron loss phenomenon that is making me go down,luckily in friendly territory each time. duckhunter

#4227182 - 02/09/16 07:09 PM Re: Better plane being kept as reserve normal? [Re: Wolfstriked]  
Wolfstriked Offline
Wolfstriked  Offline

NYC
By using DIh's reasoning I have to wait till Mar 20th to get the EIII.Since I started as Flieger and there is 4 ranks ahead of me before I am considered middle ranking its a harsh 30 days of survival to go and sometimes they send us up twice a day.

#4227196 - 02/09/16 07:42 PM Re: Better plane being kept as reserve normal? [Re: DukeIronHand]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: DukeIronHand
Are you saying Olham that I can go see when I , as the player, will get it in the Enlistment screen
by "creating" another career and looking at the date? When it shows, for example, the DIII is available
to the lower ranks is when I should get it in a low-ranking existing career?

Yes, exactly, Duke.

#4227266 - 02/09/16 10:23 PM Re: Better plane being kept as reserve normal? [Re: Wolfstriked]  
DukeIronHand Offline
Hotshot
DukeIronHand  Offline
Hotshot

High over the Front
Thanks!
Makes sense. So basically the Campaign Engine determines the players assignment not his standing or achievements.
Good to know.

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM