Hop To
#4224164 - 02/01/16 07:40 PM A Quick Comment about the Community  
CaptSopwith Offline
Barmy WingNut
CaptSopwith  Offline
Barmy WingNut

United States
Hi Chaps!

I had to take a moment out of my day and write a short thank you to both Lou and Hellshade. I have finally had time to dive back into WOFF and I cannot begin to tell you both how much I'm enjoying it. Hellshade, your donation has made my day time and again. I'm going to have to get the add-ons next but I am torn as to which one to go with. I'm particularly torn between going with an add-on or adding some 4500 skins to this remarkable sim!

I mention this because my girlfriend is an active supporter in my gaming hobby and if I'm feeling particularly stressed she'll recommend that I go "fly for a little while." The other night I was showing her the amazing work done by Lou on those printable maps of the Western Front. She was floored and commented, "I cannot get over how generous the community around WOFF is."

And she's right and I'm overdue to pass along my thanks one more time. As someone who can trace my time in this group back to the guys who started modding Red Baron 3D some fifteen plus years ago, I can safely say that this is without a doubt the most supportive, trustworthy, and generous group of pilots I've ever had the pleasure to encounter. I've received a TrackIR, a power supply for my aging rig, and a copy of WOFF2 to welcome my new PC into the modern age of WWI sims! All of which came from the group who congregates around this wonderful and, from what I've seen so far, limitless sim.

So my hat's off again to you guys and know that somewhere out there, a tired graduate student is keeping his passion for his topic by diving into this wonderful sim and sharing his exploits with you all.

Cheers! cheers

#4224325 - 02/02/16 04:01 AM Re: A Quick Comment about the Community [Re: CaptSopwith]  
CatKnight Offline
CatKnight  Offline

Cleveland, OH, US
Capt: This is indeed an amazing bunch that I'm honored to fly with.

#4224369 - 02/02/16 11:29 AM Re: A Quick Comment about the Community [Re: CaptSopwith]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Ditto from me too, Capt.
It began for me in October 2008, when I could not find anyone near Berlin who would send me
a copy of Phase 2; and then TYPHOON/Tony from Canada was so generous and sent it for free!
Later, I received books from Hauksbee and Tony, and a graphic card from Morris;
and then a Russel-Smith-print from MFair, showing three famous aces' Albatros of Jasta 5 -
all for free and as "thank-you"s for my own contributions. Thank you all again, chaps!

The users' additions to WOFF, like Lou's airfield mods and his wonderful, WOFF-world-true maps,
are mostly time-consuming works, which are given to the WOFFers for free!

Yes, indeed - this is a GREAT community! And I am grateful and proud to be one of it!
Thank you all!

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4225140 - 02/04/16 01:55 AM Re: A Quick Comment about the Community [Re: CaptSopwith]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

Soppy, you honor me Sir. It is my pleasure to do what I can for all my fine fellow WOFFers. I am simply paying it forward as I have been provided with so much from others in the WWI flight sim community over the years.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4225283 - 02/04/16 03:00 PM Re: A Quick Comment about the Community [Re: CaptSopwith]  
UK_Widowmaker Offline
Animal Cruelty sucks
UK_Widowmaker  Offline
Animal Cruelty sucks

Northumberland UK
Not forgotten you wonderful guys..but, I'm just too tied up with other **** these days..but know this: You're a fine bunch smile

"From head to tail, the Border Collie is all dog, and pure dog, fashioned by nature, and wise men, for a useful purpose..and thirled to it's traditions, by the very validity, of it's ancient, and honourable calling" -Eric Halsall
#4225346 - 02/04/16 05:37 PM Re: A Quick Comment about the Community [Re: CaptSopwith]  
Hellshade Offline
Hellshade
Hellshade  Offline
Hellshade

Florida
Hey Capt. I couldn't agree more with your comments about this community. We are very fortunate not only to have such amazing devs who listen to the community and do their best to create an unparalleled sim, but also to have a community that for the vast majority of the time is civil, knowledgeable and happy to contribute to others however it's needed. Indeed the only reason I'm here is because you mailed me my Phase 2 CD so I could begin flying OFF. So thanks to you for bringing me onto the scene sir! Kudos go out to ArisFuser, AnKor, Lou and everyone else who has created mods for WOFF - but also to everyone who takes the time to help others on the forum with answers. It's a top rated community experience as well as a top rated sim experience. That's a pretty rare combination indeed.

As for what to get next, I would personally recommend the skins pack. Seeing all those Aces and squadrons just adds so much more personality and content to the sim that it's noticeable right away no matter what time or location in the war you choose to fly in.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68

#4225380 - 02/04/16 06:29 PM Re: A Quick Comment about the Community [Re: CaptSopwith]  
Wodin Offline
Wodin  Offline

Liverpool
I concur

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again