Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4226371 - 02/07/16 02:18 PM Re: EAW test results on Linux - it works! [Re: FsFOOT]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

I don't think it locks in the tools they use, but they do keep modding tools to themselves and the source code. Both prevent anyone from experimenting or helping out. Its kinda sad in my opinion that its like this as the game can do with some help from hardware programmers, and there would be more players playing the game.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4226418 - 02/07/16 04:27 PM Re: EAW test results on Linux - it works! [Re: FsFOOT]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
THAT IS A DESPICABLE LIE.

Anyone wants the modding tools and help with using them just has to ask.

Jel and I are the last remaining modders and we both bend over backwards to help out members. Any doubts about this ask our member, Sidewinder.

As for the code, we have an agreement with the software developer that we don't want to risk by disseminating the code to just anyone.

If you join the coders group after being vetted you will understand why it's set up this way.

If you can't handle those facts then just go away. Or at least, shut up.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4226436 - 02/07/16 05:42 PM Re: EAW test results on Linux - it works! [Re: FsFOOT]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

Wow your a miserable. How long you been that way?

I been told that the editors and tools of recent versions where voted a NO to be freely distributed. I didn't say I had a problem with it given the reasoning, I just said its sad that its this way.

As far as helping others; I didn't say anything about that, whats going through your head?

As for you modding and stuff; Great I'm glad your doing it, but why are you the only remaining modder? A game like this would normally have 10 folds, especially if the source code like it is, is still being updated.

My guess is its your delight full personality preventing others from enjoying this game. and shutting up, nope that won't happen. This is a forum, where people "speak" about a game they love. And yes I find it sad the way things are wink

#4226443 - 02/07/16 06:19 PM Re: EAW test results on Linux - it works! [Re: FsFOOT]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Those of us still involved with this game are an egalitarian group who welcome new members with open arms. Your post accuses us of being an elitist bunch and I won't have you making such suggestions.

As for my personality, well, go back and peruse old posts. I challenge you to find a single post EVER where I made the accusations you just made. Now, you will find plenty of posts where I stood up to guys like you who start flaming and make no mistake, the community knows your post was an attempt to flame.

I suggest you stop while you still have some standing here.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4226477 - 02/07/16 07:28 PM Re: EAW test results on Linux - it works! [Re: FsFOOT]  
MarkEAW Offline
MarkEAW  Offline

I'm not flaming or whatever you call it. You sound like a trouble maker, poor one at that.

Anyhow I think the topic was about EAW working in Linux before your lousy attempt to slander me.
So I suggest you carry on.

#4226545 - 02/07/16 11:18 PM Re: EAW test results on Linux - it works! [Re: FsFOOT]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

Ray, I had Moogy remove me from the Gen due to my NDA for Panzer Elite and doubt I could see the threads you mention.

Quote:
I been told that the editors and tools of recent versions where voted a NO to be freely distributed.

If it is the vote I was contacted about it was for the release of the group's source code and source code of the tools. It was not about making the tools available to the public. I voted no with an assurance that I would not fight the release of any code I contributed. I would still vote the same.

As far as the 'Code Group' goes, I found them to be an outstanding bunch. They give there hobby time freely to keep an old gal they love alive. Most people would think they are crazy to spend so many hours of there life on some old game.

I had some modding history when I asked to gain access to the IP of, at that time, Atari and I was vetted. I have since left for personal and legal reasons. I have had people join my private forum, download all of my source code and then vanish into the nether. My personal opinion is that the code group may not be guarded enough in there vetting. I look forward to when I have no NDA and the time to contribute again. EAW is not open source. When did people start believing that they have a right to something just because it or they exist?

Quote:
Anyhow I think the topic was about EAW working in Linux

Agree, maybe FOOT should just start a new thread?

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4226558 - 02/08/16 12:03 AM Re: EAW test results on Linux - it works! [Re: FsFOOT]  
Moggy Offline
EAW Old Timer and Bodger
Moggy  Offline
EAW Old Timer and Bodger
Hotshot

A slit trench at RAF Gravesend
Just one more on the OT: it's very strange that anyone should say the modding tools are not freely available. They always have been thanks to the generosity of those who put time and effort into making them.

Of course the source code hasn't been freely available, but that is due to an agreement with the actual owners of the code. As has been said, anyone who wanted to assist with code development was free to request membership of the Code Group. They would of course have to sign on to the agreement.

PS: been AWOL from modding for a while, but Jel's 128C-2016 has got me moving again.

#4226578 - 02/08/16 01:32 AM Re: EAW test results on Linux - it works! [Re: FsFOOT]  
JACKSPRAT Offline
JACKSPRAT  Offline

PHILA., PA I9154
STILL GOOD ADVICE

EAW Forum: Suggested Code of Conduct

#1: Do not post messages which are an attack on other people, places, genders, etc (such posts will earn you a ban). Instead, post your email address and request a response from whoever you want to engage in written combat. On-forum fights get nasty and leave wounds which damage our community.

Humorous posts in reasonable taste are always allowed. If someone insists on being offended, so be it.

Keep your political and religious views to yourself. We don't care if you are left-wing, right-wing or whether you worship snakes. Go visit a forum that caters to your particular brand of whatever-the-hell and unload there.

#2. If a topic makes you angry, log-off, drink a beer, walk the dog, run a couple of combat missions in EAW, and take some time before posting a response. If the anger is still there, read #1.

#3: If you are the subject of a personal attack, please do not respond but instead report the post to a moderator who will take appropriate action to ensure the harmony of the forums is maintained.

Again, Welcome to the forum. Wipe your feet, pull up a chair, and have fun!

Edited by sandbagger (19/01/11 04:15 PM)

Read more: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3183103#ixzz3zXHhW2Cz
Follow us: @SimHQ on Twitter | SimHQ on Facebook

Jacksprat...AKA....John J. McGarvey

#4226646 - 02/08/16 06:34 AM Re: EAW test results on Linux - it works! [Re: FsFOOT]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Quote:

Agree, maybe FOOT should just start a new thread?

Well I would just for the sake of Linux use but I'm not going to make another or continue this one I guess.

I sure did mess up my own thread.

I stupidly could not seem to stop myself posting OT stuff to do with the code and my opinions.

As for why you guys (Mark, Rotten) got mad at each other, I don't understand.

as for:
Quote:

To the community, nothing new to see here folks. This guy is all talk and no action. Been like that since forever. To be clear, he has contributed NOTHING to the advancement of this game.

You have your opinion but don't know the history of EAW, or the code really, being a late comer.

I can't expect people I guess to understand the why of my view.
Why have a repository, source available to follow (even if closed), source changes trackable?
Developers?
Why have a civilization? ... lol!

I should have kept on Topic.

EAW can and does in some cases work on Linux, with Wine. That is the whole point I should have been happy with I guess.
So, I'll just leave this thread.

#4226686 - 02/08/16 11:30 AM Re: EAW test results on Linux - it works! [Re: FsFOOT]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

To Mr Foot;

Your comment has the same air of superiority you've always had. Remember the bragging over on the GEN about your exceptional IQ?

For the record, I've been here since 2002. Not exactly a newcomer.

To the community at large;

Rather than continue the silliness I will let my reputation for cheerfully helping other folks in the community say it all.

#4227030 - 02/09/16 07:44 AM Re: EAW test results on Linux - it works! [Re: FsFOOT]  
Brit44 'Aldo' Offline
Every Human is Unique
Brit44 'Aldo'  Offline
Every Human is Unique

Quote:
Why have a repository, source available to follow (even if closed), source changes trackable?

That is very hard to do with hobbiest.

Quote:
I sure did mess up my own thread.

we live, we learn. Been there, done that, still do now and then.

TPA who TWI
"The 10th Amendment simply says that any powers that aren’t mentioned in the Constitution as belonging to the government belong to the states themselves."
#4228584 - 02/12/16 11:11 PM Re: EAW test results on Linux - it works! [Re: FsFOOT]  
FsFOOT Offline
FsFOOT  Offline

Thanks Aldo!

The page updated:

How to setup European Air War on Linux

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.