Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4223359 - 01/30/16 02:04 PM help on HOLD event in TARGET  
JEFX Offline
JEFX  Offline

Hi all

I am relatively new to the TARGET software and I cannot porgram properly a HOLD event.
I am jusing it with BMS 4.33. When I map a joystick button to do a PULSE event (such as '0' for 'orbit view') everything works fine. But when I try to emulate a continuous press of a key, which I tought reading the manual should be done with a HOLD event), such as closing the speedbrakes with olding CTL-B, the CTL key seems to get stuck... I realized this because after that in Windows, when I clicked on an icon on my desktop, it copied it or selected another icon right next to it, or in the sim (BMS) when I hit the good old ESC key to exit, it would switch to windows (which is a CTL-ESC command)... Furthermore, I noticed, looking at my F-16 from outside that when I press the relevant button, it doesnt do the action only when I press but it continues non-stop (for example, I would press the 'close speedbrakes button' a little bit, and looking outside I can see that it closes it all the way, even after I have released the button... By the way, I tried to do a HOLD event for the Gun trigger and the same thing happens, I press just a little and it empties the whole stupid magazine...

Any advice would be very appreciated.
Thanks this is my first post here!

JEFX

I am using W7/64, and the latest version of TARGET and TMWH drivers for use with BMS 4.33.
Thanks

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4223542 - 01/31/16 12:46 AM Re: help on HOLD event in TARGET [Re: JEFX]  
WileECoyote Offline
WileECoyote  Offline

Argentina
Does it happen if you don't run BMS? ie, you load the profile and just press the buttons without the game running.

BMS is particularly erm... lets say "finicky" when it comes to pressing CTRL ALT or SHIFT... So I wouldn't discard that possibility.

Other than that, I don't see why it should be a problem. But then again, TARGET has its problems too. I have a couple Ctrl-Alt-Shift + X combinations that work 90% of the time, the other 10% they just fail to either press or release X. The only solution is to re-load the profile.

EDIT: And welcome to the forums!

Last edited by WileECoyote; 01/31/16 12:46 AM.

When you're feeling sad, just remember that somewhere in the world, there's someone pushing a door that says "pull".
#4223937 - 02/01/16 03:35 AM Re: help on HOLD event in TARGET [Re: JEFX]  
Aullido Offline
Aullido  Offline

Keys are hold by default

MapKey
(
&Joystick,
TG1,
'a'
);

Will send "a" continuously as long as you press the button.

If you want better control use DOWN+ and UP+ modifiers (There work just like PULSE.) but take care because it is your responsibility to pair both actions, failing to UP a Key will keep it stuck.

#4237334 - 03/07/16 01:57 AM Re: help on HOLD event in TARGET [Re: JEFX]  
Space the Blaze Offline
Blazer of Space
Space the Blaze  Offline
Blazer of Space

You know how to code letting it push 2 buttons at the same time, right?
CHAIN at page 23.

TARGET sometimes want to see raw usb code instead of words like CTRL. page 16 and 54 are about this.
Raw code is always good. CTRL-words (letting TARGET look at the botton it is on in USA baords, but sometimes making up the wrong button) or the like sometimes furble up. Has to do with language settings of keyboards on your windows. Even if it seems right, the settings can still screw stuff up.

One other thing I myself have is that when I take a screenshot with gadwin, I need to push the 8th-9th mouse button or else SHIFt or CTRL hangs with me too. Pushing this button unlocks it somehow, lol.
(CTRL+C or CTRL+V the button is set to)

#4237367 - 03/07/16 04:53 AM Re: help on HOLD event in TARGET [Re: JEFX]  
Aullido Offline
Aullido  Offline

You can use the Down/Up modifiers:

CHAIN(DOWN+USB[0xNN],DOWN+USB[0xMM]);

CHAIN(UP+USB[0xNN],UP+USB[0xMM]);

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.