Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4204756 - 12/10/15 04:10 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: Snap]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Call me bitter but we haven't exactly had too many good Star Wars games since I've been old enough to use computers. That and about 90% of current games are ass wink

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4208774 - 12/22/15 04:57 AM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: Snap]  
KRT_Bong Offline
It's KRT not Kurt
KRT_Bong  Offline
It's KRT not Kurt

Sarasota, Florida
Every game EA makes is hacked to death, SW Battlefront already has a crap ton of hacks that are completely undetected same as Battlefield 4 which I own but hardly play anymore because of it.

Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte 970A DS3P FX
AMD FX6300 Vishera 3.5 Ghz
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked 4 GB DDR5
16Gb Patriot Viper 3 RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
Onikuma Gaming Headset (has annoying blue lights I don't use)
#4209153 - 12/23/15 03:14 AM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: KRT_Bong]  
LeemzHQ Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
LeemzHQ  Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot

Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
Every game EA makes is hacked to death, SW Battlefront already has a crap ton of hacks that are completely undetected same as Battlefield 4 which I own but hardly play anymore because of it.

Which is terribly unfortunate. And, also why I often prefer to play these types of games on a console where there is far less of that type of thing going on.

Hackers should be banned for life. Not just from the game they hack, but from EVERYTHING, including internet access. And, as soon as I become Emperor, I will make it the law.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe
#4209330 - 12/23/15 05:43 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: Snap]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK

Quote:
Hackers should be banned for life. Not just from the game they hack, but from EVERYTHING, including internet access. And, as soon as I become Emperor, I will make it the law.

lol!!!
I of course agree, but you are far too lenient your majesty... please let me advise you on my more draconian and painful measures... (I am of course open to a small fee)

#4209960 - 12/25/15 04:46 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: Trooper117]  
LeemzHQ Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
LeemzHQ  Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot

Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: Trooper117

Quote:

lol!!!
I of course agree, but you are far too lenient your majesty... please let me advise you on my more draconian and painful measures... (I am of course open to a small fee)

I'm listening.....

LOL

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe
#4212769 - 01/03/16 04:13 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: Snap]  
Wedge Offline
Wedge  Offline

I played the PC beta version of SW Battlefront and i thought it was great - had a lot of fun with full servers. So I waited for it to go on sale right after Christmas. I went ahead and bought it a day or two after Christmas and what a let down. When trying to get into a server I would enter with 1 or 2 other people and it would say waiting for 20 or so others to join. I would sit and wait and wait. I did this 5 or 6 times trying different maps. I then uninstalled it and requested a refund. What is the point of having online only multiplayer when no one plays the game?????

#4212957 - 01/04/16 11:06 AM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: Snap]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
I think a lot of users bought it out of loyalty to the brand name (Star Wars, not the EA cretins that have farmed this out) I know I fell into that category frown
The only people I have seen really enjoying it are my young grandkids... but for more older and wiser gamers I have met few that have a good word to say for it.

#4213631 - 01/06/16 12:30 AM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: Snap]  
LeemzHQ Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
LeemzHQ  Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot

Massachusetts
I've got it for the XBox One and I enjoy it. But, the problem is, there simply isn't enough content to keep you interested for a long time. Regardless of game mode, you're basically playing the same 4-5 maps over and over and over. It gets tedious and boring. Which is a bit of a shame because they really nailed the ambiance of the SW universe. The sights and, especially, the sounds in this game are top notch. Like award-winning quality.

But I've found myself playing less and less of it lately due to the lack of content. They desperately need more maps, more weapons, more vehicles, etc.

It'll be interesting to see if EA will be able to breathe life into this before folks lose interest altogether. I mean, if they're going to just release 4 new maps with DLC every 3 months, that might not be enough.

I know they wanted this to come out before the movie but they might have been better off waiting till NEXT holiday season and release it before Rogue One hits the theaters. I mean, after all, there isn't a direct movie tie-in with this game anyway.

One of my biggest disappointments with the game is the aircraft gameplay. It's awful. The vehicles simply don't fly as you would expect them to. You can't perform a simple barrel roll or loop with a tie fighter or x-wing. You have to use a "star card" (i.e. like a perk) to perform these "special" maneuvers. It's ridiculous. One of the other problems is the grenade spam. You don't get a limited number of grenades like any normal FPS would give you. No. Your grenades regenerate. Throw one and 20 seconds later or so, throw another, then another, then another, then another. Plus, you can carry more than one type at a time. Not a good idea, IMHO. Finally, my last complaint is that aiming down sights is pointless. Not only do you NOT get an accuracy bonus, you actually move slower while aiming down sights, making you more of a sitting duck for the enemy. The only reason to aim down sights is to get a tiny zoom-in bonus.

They have a good formula that works well in Battlefield. They should have, essentially, just cloned it and draped a SW skin over it. I think the vast majority of people would have been happy with that.

Last edited by LeemzHQ; 01/06/16 12:36 AM.

Edgar Allan Poe
#4214756 - 01/08/16 09:05 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: Snap]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
If they would have made Battlefield: Star Wars I'd be falling over myself to buy it even without the AI (which is essential to a Battlefront game).

I agree that the sound was incredibly well done. It's a shame the game was fundamentally broken behind the beautiful sheen.

When Rogue One rolls around at least we'll get to play a butchered new version of X-Wing biggrin

#4218218 - 01/17/16 07:48 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: Snap]  
FlightJunkie Offline
FlightJunkie  Offline

Bottom of the sea
Blimey! Its B to the A, BAttlefront. I got several objections with this rather undercooked piece of electronic entertainment. For starters the title itself, "Battlefront". If I am not to expect something like the old battlefront games, like many chaps insist on telling me so, why electronic arts(or should I say electronic flatulence)named it battlefront in the first place?! Let me tell you, it was an elaborate ruse. Lure the unsuspecting, battlefront starved denizens of the internet with the allure of absolute authenticity into dropping their hard earned salary towards the purchase of this empty husk. In the end, the enchantment fades revealing am ugly corpse. Come think of it, its very much like your stunning ex. She might be quite the bombshell, but theres a reason why that rather shallow female is your ex.

Another objection I posess, is with chaps who defend this game in light of its simplicityscrewy. Its CoD too hardcore for you? Hmmmm I say, lets make the next in the series play with just one button, shall we? Am I doing it correctly yet? No? Well, yes, I am aware of that. But taking what is already simple enough and making it even simpler is not my idea of something worth defending the non-existend honor of. If you take out the com between the participating individuals, or any kind of inderaction for that matter, why not go with a single player game instead? Its The same. Oh its star wars? What if it wasn't? Would you still like it?

Of course we cannot overlook the shallow gameplay which is a byproduct of your much beloved simplicity. As far as I am concerned, playing battlefront is about the same as driving a lada 1500. Try to steer that coffin on wheels and you don't know what you are gonna get. Its random. Battlefront feels like an RNG paradise. We should rename it to RNGfront. You want a vehicle? No, you do not follow the logical course of walking up to it and getting in it. No, you must get those powerup thingies, that is if they don't get stolen by another player. And damned I be if there is a usefull vehicle in this game besides the AT-ST. And why the empire requires the use of anti-vehicle weaponry since the rebels have no vehicles whatsoever? Adding the horrible spawning, This game is broken, and I mean factually and objectivelly.

Lastly, but not in the slightest bit, least, its the icredible lack of content. Its something that makes all other problems more noticable. As if this wasn't enough, EA likes it rough when it comes to their bussiness methods, letting players who payed, unlock horribly overpowered equipment from the start and dividing the community by selling content that not all might by(indirectly forcing them to do so)

No, I do not share the "if you enjoy it, it doesn't matter how much it costs" mentality, which basically means that even if I enjoyed my time with battlefront I would still stay way from it.nope

Last edited by FlightJunkie; 01/17/16 07:48 PM.
#4219343 - 01/20/16 01:23 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: Peally]  
Mudcat Offline
Serial Thread Killer
Mudcat  Offline
Serial Thread Killer

Wilton, NC
Originally Posted By: Peally

When Rogue One rolls around at least we'll get to play a butchered new version of X-Wing biggrin

So another Rogue Squadron game then...

sigh

#4221244 - 01/25/16 01:41 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: Snap]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
How have the server populations been lately for SW Battlefront? Does it seem to be pretty popular or is it dying off already?

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4222231 - 01/27/16 06:07 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mudcat Offline
Serial Thread Killer
Mudcat  Offline
Serial Thread Killer

Wilton, NC
Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
How have the server populations been lately for SW Battlefront? Does it seem to be pretty popular or is it dying off already?

my experience has been, if you want to play Walker Assault all day long then they are fine, everything else seems to take forever.

#4224053 - 02/01/16 02:42 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: Snap]  
Hunedog Offline
Hunedog  Offline

Vancouver BC Canada
A gorgeous mainly multi player game with
little content and matchmaking problems.

Walker Assault can be played all day long
the other game modes not so much. That's in
the USA, world wide it's pitiful.

Yet is listed as one of the Top selling games?

runningdog

"It's not about the money Son, It's about rules. You see without rules we all might as well live in trees and fling our crap at each other."
Red Foreman on That 70's Show
#4224382 - 02/02/16 12:21 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: Hunedog]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Hunedog

Yet is listed as one of the Top selling games?

runningdog
Just goes to show that a lot of people bought the game and then stopped playing it after a few days or a couple of weeks at most. I've seen that happen with a lot of games.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 02/02/16 12:22 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4224653 - 02/02/16 10:26 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: Snap]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Got it just after it was released. Played it for 3 days... haven't touched it since.

And it's already selling for 50% off on Origins site...

Last edited by Trooper117; 02/02/16 10:41 PM.
#4224872 - 02/03/16 03:21 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: Snap]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Do we have a "I told you so" emoticon? biggrin

#4224896 - 02/03/16 04:11 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: Trooper117]  
JoeyJoJo Offline
Wurkin' man
JoeyJoJo  Offline
Wurkin' man
Hotshot

Colorado high-country
Originally Posted By: Trooper117
Got it just after it was released. Played it for 3 days... haven't touched it since.

And it's already selling for 50% off on Origins site...

Same experience from my friend who is a DIE HARD SW and Battlefront fan; but he's played only ~20 hrs. and the nostalgia wore off.

After watching all the preview's and reviews and game footage; it never seemed like there was $60+ of content to begin with; just a mindless FPS with purdy gfx.

They sold the game based solely on the hype and SW name.

#4226701 - 02/08/16 01:19 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront [Re: JoeyJoJo]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: JoeyJoJo

They sold the game based solely on the hype and SW name.
Yup! Lucky for Disney this isn't an MMO with high overhead like SW: TOR.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.