Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 39 of 47 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 46 47
#4434443 - 08/16/18 02:03 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Got my numbers this morning, and most (if not all) are at least better than as good as last year (posted earlier in thread)...

[Linked Image]

I don't know what to make of my T yet (last number on report), I need to do more research. From what little I know, it's neither high nor low for my age, and not low enough to be causing my current fatigue. I'm thinking maybe the outside heat and that I'm back into a bad habit of only ~5 hours of sleep. Plus I've been pushing my physical endurance for some time now (especially weekends), maybe it's time to accept my age? Nah. smile BTW, I don't believe we've discussed sleep at all on this thread, we could be overlooking something important with diet and training.

In any case, I know that my BF% is still way too high (I don't have a # but I don't need one with this stubborn belly), and high BF% can lower T. I want my T at least 600 500 throughout my 50's and to do it *naturally* (neither of us are keen on taking meds/pills/hormones unless they become necessary). I have a lot of research to do, but I know raising that number is going to take more than just putting more Metallica on my daily playlists. tuner

My other numbers are pretty darn good for the most part I think, and reflect my lifestyle at 50.

Attached Files Mark Bloodwork.PNG
Last edited by MarkG; 08/20/18 04:51 PM.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4434449 - 08/16/18 03:33 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Just finished going over my wife's numbers (we're a team), man I really like this online ability. I'm not going to post it all (although I have permission to), too much stuff, nothing flagged. Just the highlights (what we're most interested in [and some of these are flagged])...

Glucose Level 80 mg/dL [65-100 mg/dL]
Triglycerides Level 81 mg/dL [<150 mg/dL]

Total Cholesterol 238 mg/dL [<200 mg/dL] H

HDL Cholesterol 70 mg/dL [>60 mg/dL]
LDL Cholesterol 152 mg/dL [<100 mg/dL] H

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) 1.430 uIU/mL [0.358-3.740 uIU/mL] *

* I've heard of getting your thyroid checked, I've just never seen it before.

++++++++++

Important numbers compared with last year...

Me:
==========
Glucose from 96 to 85
Triglycerides from 199 to 94

My cholesterol didn't change that much, but I'm more interested in the sugar stuff (lots of diabetes in my family)...

Total Cholesterol from 192 to 193
HDL from 38 to 40
LDL from 114 to 134

Wife:
==========
Glucose from 86 to 80
Triglycerides from 139 to 81

Cholesterol is her main concern (family history)...

Total Cholesterol from 243 to 238
HDL from 69 to 70
LDL from 146 to 152

Her cholesterol staying steady, but still slightly high.

Overall we're pleased with these numbers.

Last edited by MarkG; 08/16/18 03:46 PM.

The sun is in the east
#4434508 - 08/16/18 10:38 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Researching all day and I think I've been buying into some BS. I think I'm fine, I just need better sleeping habits (mainly stop the late-night reading).

The sun is in the east
#4434512 - 08/16/18 11:07 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: MarkG]  
cichlidfan Offline
cichlidfan  Offline

Woodbridge, VA, USA
Originally Posted by MarkG
Researching all day and I think I've been buying into some BS. I think I'm fine, I just need better sleeping habits (mainly stop the late-night reading).

I have been known to stay up way to late with a good book. My philosophy is that a late afternoon nap is a good thing at my age (about 10 years older than you). Luckily, my dogs agree.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
#4434598 - 08/17/18 02:21 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: cichlidfan]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by cichlidfan
Originally Posted by MarkG

I have been known to stay up way to late with a good book. My philosophy is that a late afternoon nap is a good thing at my age (about 10 years older than you). Luckily, my dogs agree.

So it's come to this, taking the old man afternoon nap. biggrin Makes sense, during the hottest part of the day, and my dogs would love it too. If I can't get the 8 at night I might try doing this. I remember reading that a short afternoon nap is beneficial for all ages.

We're trying something new...start shutting it down at 9:30, in bed for 10, reading lights out for 10:30 (except on Friday nights, what I consider my...guarantee). wink Worked out fine this morning, except for the excessive snoozing. I'm good with a single 10-minute snooze (if that), not 4 or 5 of them.

++++++++++

About the T stuff and sleep, I'm just trying to feel more energized in the evenings, especially when it's time to exercise. It's not enjoyable when you're laging and slightly injured, especially with weights when you're feeling weak. Unless we exercise in the morning, but we've tried that and couldn't stay consistent with it.

I also want to deal with any problems *before* they happen (I'm very proactive with my health now). But when it comes to men's health, it's easy to let this stuff get into your head, creating your own problems. Information is so contradicting that I don't like to read anything that doesn't have a Comments section which allows open discussion and counterpoints. For example, I love reading the bodybuilding.com forums. There was a thread with a guy in his early-20's with my total-T (although free-T is supposedly more important, and I don't know mine) and the consensus by some was that, if he wasn't having the classic symptoms of low T, not to worry about it and just keep doing what he was doing (working out and losing weight). Apparently the process of losing weight/fat can lower your T, so he should test again when he's in a more stable condition. Also, time of day and other conditions can affect your results, so you don't really know what your T is until you get multiple results to compare with.

My situation is exclusive to fatigue and that I've stopped progressing with my weight chart, even cutting back a little for my last few workouts (dropping 5 to 10 lbs., depending on exercise). I'm also a little gun shy now as I don't want another injury (probably a good thing). Maybe I've just hit a plateau and shouldn't be fooling with more weight. I'm going to go with the more/better sleep for a while and see how I feel.

Last edited by MarkG; 08/18/18 02:25 PM. Reason: sp

The sun is in the east
#4434697 - 08/18/18 01:53 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Wife has it figured out (besides the sleep), says I haven't been the same since I injured my hamstring back in June (and re-injured twice). I don't know why that would affect my upper body strength though, maybe it's all in my head.

So I'm taking a workout/walking break to let it heal, at least a couple of weeks, and keep the knee brace on as much as I can tolerate. If it's still bothering me Sept. 1st, I'm going to have it looked at.

Older gents, don't push too hard. old_simmer

The sun is in the east
#4434795 - 08/19/18 01:49 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Today my wife and I sat down with our new numbers, investigated what they all mean (rather we refreshed our memories), and compared them with preceding blood panels to look for trends. Then we looked at all the information we could find online and in our health books regarding: HDL Cholesterol (good cholesterol - the 'chimney sweepers' of your arteries), Testosterone and Menopause. And together we came to the same conclusion that I've been going on about the past couple of days (especially for 50 year-olds)...

Your body needs proper sleep, a good 8 hours if possible, and as much deep sleep as possible. My problem is that I have to stop thinking of sleep mainly as a waste of time.
With only so much life to live, why would I want to sleep half of it away? <- That's been my attitude for a long time and it's completely wrong!

++++++++++

Also, if you're in the process of losing weight, don't worry about not progressing with the amount of weight you lift. Your workout weight to body weight ratio is still improving, even with the same workout weight. So wait until your body weight is settled (you consider weight loss complete) and THEN chart your progress (which is going to be slower at 50 than 30).

We're changing some sleeping and exercise habits and making slight adjustments to our diet to try to tighten up some of those numbers, mainly my potentially dangerously low HDL Cholesterol (again, *naturally*, no gimmicky snake oil or pharmaceuticals). And next year I want a complete testosterone breakdown (5 or so different specific readings including free-T [usable T, not bound to a protein]). Today I've learned of all kinds of ways to improve those numbers for next time.

Fascinating stuff, the human body. Learn it and fix what you can.

The sun is in the east
#4435036 - 08/20/18 03:22 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
I wanted to post a wrap-up of the above (and after getting some very unofficial medical advice)...

Testosterone 418 ng/dL: Non-issue (so far). Total-T is just not enough info to go by and usually won't be considered by your GP unless you're having multiple symptoms of low T (fatigue, irritability, problems concentrating, and yes, sexual issues) *and* if it's totally in the crapper (symptoms may begin below 300, but for some as low as 250 and even 200). To know what's really going on, you need a breakdown of other numbers like Free-T (usable T) and how sensitive your T receptors are (how effectively your body uses T). You can have a high Total-T but low Free-T, or other reasons (gland performance) that keeps your body from efficiently using available T (common with users of Rogaine, elevated sky-high Total-T but only normal levels of usable Free-T). So unless you have symptoms of low T, you need not worry about it (or websites that say without at least 600 TT, you won't feel like a man...lol).

However, I think it's a good idea to at least get your Total-T checked at age 50, even without having low T symptoms, so that you have a baseline to go by. I still plan to watch for trends with my T over the years as I age (as I do my other numbers, many actually improving with age due to lifestyle). Also, if necessary, to learn my low T threshold if problems do arise in the future. And here's something to consider for the aging male...a super-high T can be dangerous to the prostate.

++++++++++

HDL Cholesterol 40 mg/dL: This one does concern me, a number that can potentially kill me. HDL, the good cholesterol, is like little elves with spatulas and picks that run around in your bloodstream, scrapping and chipping crap off your arteries and then sweeping the debris to your liver to be processed. At least that's how it's shown in my book "YOU: The Owner's Manual". LDL, the bad cholesterol, does the opposite, sticks around and clogs you up. So you want as many good guys doing their thing and the bad guys to disappear. Not how I am right now, I need many more chippers and sweepers, if just to counter having too many bad guys (LDL 134 mg/dL).

My daily diet is already just about maxed to the healthiest (balance of proteins, good fats and complex carbs), but I know I still eat too much and now I'm forcing myself to count calories. Despite the waist shrinkage, there's quite a bit of belly on top of it and that has to go (I know it's directly linked to my less-than stellar numbers). So maybe more cardio and more reps with slightly lighter weight to burn fat (vs. less reps with more weight and less cardio to build T, I 'll worry about that later).

++++++++++

So yet another year to get my numbers straightened out (also to start including BMI, BF%, and full body measurements [including the extra inches *above* the waist]).
That about does it for now.

The sun is in the east
#4435099 - 08/20/18 10:53 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
The sleep thing is indeed important. I have an issue with it too. Just can't shut down and I don't like to do it that much. Slept too much when I was a kid, I resented it after a while and don't ever want to repeat that mistake. LOL
Still, that's when you get stronger, heal, get healthy. I sleep FAR FAR better now than a year or so ago. No more sleep apnea, snoring and crap. Sure, with sinus issues, but that's very different.
I just wouldn't sweat the testosterone thing. Accept your positive results and trust your doctor. You'll worry yourself sick about it and there's nothing to worry about.

Not to sound like a broken record, but I still swear by tracking my meals in an app. Real info about not just calories, but carbs and TYPES of carbs esp. sugar, protein, fats, salt...I bet you'd get that LDL down if you gave it a shot. It doesn't take any time to so once you get used to it. Track your water intake too, that helps.

If that hamstring keeps bothering you, go to an orthopedist and get some physical therapy. It isn't cheap, but after I lived with a torn bicep for almost a year, I wished I had done it earlier. Staying off of it might actually NOT be the thing to do. That may just build up scar tissue and make it even worse to deal with.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4435200 - 08/21/18 03:38 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Good advice, RK. I now consider sleep to be just as important as diet and exercise. My (admittedly lame) version of living in the fast lane (cue up the Eagles) is coming to an end.

++++++++++

I didn't know that I could have raised my T just by getting proper sleep the night before testing. But that'll never happen on annual checkup week (GP, dentist, dermatologist, optometrist), especially when fasting for morning blood work (I don't sleep well on a totally empty stomach). There are other things I could have done that morning to raise my T (that I won't mention...lol) but that's like cheating. Once you establish a baseline, you need similar conditions for comparison. And all I want now is to watch for trends (good or bad). I *may* one day do home testing (prick finger and send off for results) under more...optimal conditions. smile

I bring this up because there's actually online info on how to bring *down* your T before testing, just low enough to qualify for TRT (which I would consider only as an absolute last resort, after all natural attempts have been exhausted).

At least I pass the body hair and finger test (ring finger longer than index, supposedly indicating higher T at birth). What has become of it now, as with all of my health numbers, is the result of decades of abuse, then about 10 years of making an effort. If only I could go back 30 years and have a talk with myself at 20, when I felt indestructible.

But yeah, enough about that. biggrin

++++++++++

I'm just not a gadget guy (I have no smart phone), but maybe I'll find an "app" for my PC.

Other than weekday working hours, my wife and I spend pretty much all of our time together, so I know what she eats (even for lunch) and vise versa. I'm following her diet more closely because I'm envious of her high HDL which her cardiologist feels is more important than worrying about her high LDL. Her HDL/Total Cholesterol ratio (I think) is currently in the healthy range, while mine is not. But the only difference in our diets (besides portion sizes, sometimes) is how we snack (usually an apple or pear for her, cashews and prunes or dates for me). I'm probably still eating too many fats, even if it's the better fats. The exact proper ratios of proteins/fats/carbs get too complicated for me and counting calories sucks, which is why I probably need an app of some kind. smile

Short time with new sleeping habits, already feeling like a new man (or it could be all in my head, but I don't think so). No more coffee and dark chocolate dessert (often right before turning in).

The sun is in the east
#4435214 - 08/21/18 05:39 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
The app I use also has a website, but it IS more oriented towards the app for more info. There are others out there though. If you don't know solid numbers for your intake, it's hard to hit what you want. It can be very surprising to see what you actually take in when you thought you were doing good. Not just calorie amount, but the sources including those hidden sugars. Not to mention watching the salt intake. Gotta know what you're taking in to know if you're hitting the right breakdown as well. I don't go for the no-carb or keto type diets, preferring to just hit a healthy balance instead. For me, that's realistic and sustainable. I've shot for a little under 1600 cals, from 50% carb, 25% protein, 25% fat. If I can get lower carb and higher protein then that's just a better win for the day/week. Some days will be off, but week to week I'm able to stick to it. If I didn't track everything there's no way I'd be able to do it. There are just too many surprises out there. At the same time, I've been surprised at how GOOD some foods have been, despite what I've heard. So many people put down potatoes due to the carbs, but for me, with the balance I'm looking for, I can easily make it fit perfectly. Sometimes I notice I'm taking in far UNDER my goals, but I wouldn't even know that if I wasn't tracking.

Said it before and I'll say it again: weight loss is a stair step down, not a curve...at least for me. When everything stops for a few weeks, it's just time to reevaluate. Get real about what I've been doing by going back over my tracking. Could very well be that I've accidentally increased my salt intake and it's just water weight I've added offsetting the fat loss. If I've slacked on the workout or slacked on the diet (usually the case), I adjust. Sometimes it's just time to change something up despite not doing anything wrong. IMO I have to make even lateral changes just to keep my body adapting to kickstart the fat loss again. Going to intermittent fasting was a huge help, but after a while I felt like it wasn't as big a help, so I shortened the window I eat in. Went to a fasted workout and eating over a few hours in the evening, about 6-9pm, and things got going again. Not quite OMAD, I don't want to commit to that right now, so I'll save that option for the future. I don't want to eat that much at one sitting. Once I got used to it, which wasn't hard after doing the intermittent fasting, it felt pretty good during the day and my workout.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
#4435240 - 08/21/18 09:20 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Speaking of fasting (tip #6 below), I know this guy kinda sounds like a quack, but I've seen the same stuff he's saying repeated many times over the past few days...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki6xrEiHE4U

The cholesterol connection is also interesting. I'm starting to like this guy's message and presentation, much like DDP with yoga (older dudes who I can relate to).

The sun is in the east
#4435436 - 08/23/18 02:08 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Real or placebo?

Ever since wife started using this about a week ago...
Red Maca Liquid Extract

...her hot flashes/sweats have ceased, helping us both get a good nights sleep. I can tell she's getting better sleep just looking at her eyes in the morning, and the skin around them (color and lines, or lack of).

++++++++++

New sleeping habits (including suppressing any light for a pitch black bedroom) are helping us both a lot, I think.

Or is it the vitamin supplements we've started taking?...
Nature's Way Alive! Men's Energy Multivitamin
Nature's Way Alive Women's 50 Plus Multivitami

[Linked Image]

EDIT: Magnesium is low for some reason, but I eat high-Magnesium foods every day (pumpkin seeds, spinach, cashews, almonds, avocados, etc.)

++++++++++

Walking the track yesterday evening felt good (temps being a little cooler) followed by a good workout, although I'm not back to my maximum weights yet.

We're now eating organic and grass fed as much as possible (Costco makes that easy by default) and I'm reluctantly adding more red meat to my diet, like gourmet burgers but without the bread (nothing against beef, I just prefer surf to turf).

Good news: One drink a day supposedly raises HDL cholesterol (or 2 for men under 65). biggrin I'm not changing my drinking habits (occasional concert shots) except to have a glass of wine more often (and red is considered better than white for some reason).

Attached Files 11.jpg
Last edited by MarkG; 08/23/18 02:20 PM.

The sun is in the east
#4435438 - 08/23/18 02:36 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
IIRC the wine thing is pretty minor, but whatever works, it all contributes in a plan! Red has the tannins that have the anti-oxidants that white lacks, or something like that.
You may find the ingredients in that supplement are good sources of melatonin, which assists in sleep. You could test by just taking that, but why mess with what works in a supplement with other benefits?

#4435457 - 08/23/18 04:23 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: Raw Kryptonite]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
If that hamstring keeps bothering you, go to an orthopedist and get some physical therapy. It isn't cheap, but after I lived with a torn bicep for almost a year, I wished I had done it earlier. Staying off of it might actually NOT be the thing to do. That may just build up scar tissue and make it even worse to deal with.

I forgot to mention, I'm on the verge of taking this advice. smile And you're right about staying off of it may not be the correct healing process, from recent online self-diagnosing, and how to treat it, And taking a couple weeks off not working out doesn't work either, because it's a routine that's too hard to break, even when I don't feel like it (sometimes being a habitual-type person works in my favor).

++++++++++

Melatonin, eh? I hadn't thought of checking for a vitamin that promotes better sleep. From what I can tell, I'm already regularly eating several of the foods known for higher melatonin, but it looks like tart cherries are #1...and will be on my next grocery list.

I was wondering, with our daily diet and now a adding a supplement, if it was possible to accidentally overdose on vitamins? Everything I've read is that it's not (accidentally), because your body will only use what it needs.

The sun is in the east
#4435461 - 08/23/18 04:39 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
I think it is possible, but would take some crazy amounts to do it. Surely you'd get sick first before real damage. Or uncomfortable for whatever reason, like muscle cramps when low on potassium or magnesium, but could also indicate salt being high.

#4439723 - 09/19/18 02:17 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Update...

Sleep: It breaks our hearts every night as our two Jack Russells begin to follow us to the bedroom and stop midways the hall. After 10 years sleeping in the bed with us (first dogs, mistakes made) they're no longer allowed into the bedroom. First week was rough (Ralphie constantly barking, Suzie scratching at the door) but they're getting use to blankets on the living room sofas. Master bedroom being remodeled (Victorian style) after I finish fumigating all the dog hair from under the furniture, nooks and crannies.

Hard decision but a good one (along with better sleeping schedule/habits). Sleep is infinitely better for both of us, what a difference it's making with how we feel in the morning.

++++++++++

Hearing: Woke up the morning of Aug. 31st (my BD...51) almost completely deaf in my left ear (which use to be my good ear). And only four days after a 'Deaf' Leppard concert. Coincidence?

Actually, yes. I've known this was coming since seeing an audiologist about 10 years ago, and now I'm seeing one again (repeated all the sound room testing plus thorough checkup). I'm on oral steroids for another week but declined the steroid injection in my middle ear (almost 2 weeks out, needed to be injected within first 72 hours).

Mostly childhood issues, many severe ear infections, tubes in eardrums (after drilling holes to relieve fluid pressure), much scaring and even eardrum warpage. Other than terrible tinnitus in that ear now, my hearing has improved some, and I'll be tested again in a week. BTW, my hearing loss is more mid-frequency (voice range) then climbs back up with higher MHz (which is usually not the case with loud noise induced hearing loss). I can still hear the very low volume high-pitched coffee pot beeping.

Reliving my second adolescence the past few years has been great, but now I'm having to change some habits with how I enjoy music (mainly volume and limited headphone usage...wear only when out of the house) and that's changing me a little, maybe for the better (you can't be 20 forever). Wife's been a trooper with house music over television, but that's been the case for a while as we go days without turning on TV. We're enjoying the stereo more (never loud) to help keep me off headphones and that's been nice because music is something we both enjoy and our tastes mostly align (much more in common than not).

I'm now looking to wire and speaker the entire house from a single source.

I'm hopeful that the hearing in my left ear will continue to improve with good lifestyle over age, as other body parts have improved over the past 10 years (eyes...macular degeneration no longer detectable, nor is pre-diabetes in eyeballs) or have been completely fixed. wink

Last edited by MarkG; 09/20/18 01:03 AM.

The sun is in the east
#4450142 - 11/23/18 08:33 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: MarkG]  
EAF331 MadDog Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
EAF331 MadDog  Offline
XBL: LanceHawkins
Hotshot

Oslo, Norway
This is me now and in Jan 2017 in front of the same castle gate in Kyoto, Japan smile

I think it is a noticable change...

[Linked Image]

Attached Files me2.jpg
Last edited by EAF331 MadDog; 11/23/18 08:33 AM.
#4450157 - 11/23/18 10:57 AM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Wow jawdrop

You should be daaaaaamned proud of you! Awesome!

#4450248 - 11/23/18 09:56 PM Re: The SimHQ Diet and Training Thread - everyone feel free to join [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Looks like you're aging in reverse, while getting back the masculine jawline. Those clothes in the left pic would swallow you up now. biggrin

Also, nice job with losing at a slower pace. Along with commitment it takes lots of patience as your dates indicate, the best way to do it.

++++++++++

Just returned from the zoo (surprisingly open the day after Thanksgiving), trying to walk off what I'm eating these past couple of days. I'm probably not keeping up with my caloric intake as you can't out exercise a poor diet and I'm splurging right now.

I recently purchased a digital body fat caliper, but I'm in no hurry to check it.

The sun is in the east
Page 39 of 47 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 46 47

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.