Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
#4200809 - 11/30/15 03:39 PM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Coot]  
Warbirds Offline
Warbirds  Offline

I had Witcher 3 for an hour and then got a refund from Steam. The game black screened and crashed several times for me. Also did not like the complex combat that was required. Another thing was it seemed to be mostly cut scenes but maybe that is an RPG thing,,so maybe I just don't like a real RPG.

As for F4 I don't really notice or pay attention the some of the odd little faults. I got through FNV several times, faults and all, and enjoyed each trip.

Just got done with the vault 81 quest. First time in any game I had to go find a cat but that did lead into a great little mission to save a boy.

"A time when America was great,,when the chrome was thick and the women were straight" - Micheal Savage

"If you really want to experience flight in this life then you have to strap a DC-3 to your ass." - Buffalo Joe McBryan President & Captain Buffalo Airways
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4200818 - 11/30/15 04:01 PM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Coot]  
Hunedog Offline
Hunedog  Offline

Vancouver BC Canada
"One man's garbage is another man's gold"

Applies to just about anything, Just enjoy
what you like and avoid what you don't. yep

runningdog

"It's not about the money Son, It's about rules. You see without rules we all might as well live in trees and fling our crap at each other."
Red Foreman on That 70's Show
#4200865 - 11/30/15 05:29 PM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Warbirds]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Harry-the-Ruskie  Offline
Hotshot

Malaysia
Originally Posted By: Warbirds
I had Witcher 3 for an hour and then got a refund from Steam. The game black screened and crashed several times for me. Also did not like the complex combat that was required. Another thing was it seemed to be mostly cut scenes but maybe that is an RPG thing,,so maybe I just don't like a real RPG.

The combat was not difficult. It's just a couple of set moves and after you levelled up some, it got easy, boring and tiresome.

#4201548 - 12/02/15 02:40 AM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Coot]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
I got tired of that stupid Jun Long whining like a girl in Sanctuary so I decided to give him some tough love:

Now he looks like he has a reason to mope around.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4201585 - 12/02/15 05:57 AM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Coot]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
Have you ever been raided ?

#4201606 - 12/02/15 10:29 AM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
Originally Posted By: Harry-the-Ruskie

The combat was not difficult. It's just a couple of set moves and after you levelled up some, it got easy, boring and tiresome.

I could show you some stuff that's all other than that wink

#4201609 - 12/02/15 10:36 AM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Warbirds Offline
Warbirds  Offline

Originally Posted By: Warbirds

Not difficult for you,,,but for me it was. I really am not up to dancing all over the keyboard just to fight anymore. Reactions are still good but after years and years of graphic work on the pc for game devs I have wrist problems and other hand problems that prohibit fast key changes and multiple key moves. Also W3 being a true RPG I found that they are not really my style.

With F4 I can point and shoot and wander and explore. Love this game and after 43 hours of play I feel I have barely just scratched the surface so I know there will be at least a year or more of fun left - and then come the great mods and maybe another year or two - what a deal for the price.

Last edited by Warbirds; 12/02/15 10:40 AM.

"A time when America was great,,when the chrome was thick and the women were straight" - Micheal Savage

"If you really want to experience flight in this life then you have to strap a DC-3 to your ass." - Buffalo Joe McBryan President & Captain Buffalo Airways
#4201651 - 12/02/15 02:00 PM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Harry-the-Ruskie]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Have you ever been raided ?

I haven't just been attacked while chilling out, but I have responded to a decent raider attack via fast travel, and I've also stumbled across a super mutant raid while walking around inspecting dirt.

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#4201697 - 12/02/15 03:44 PM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Coot]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Some settlements are more prone to being raided than others due to where they are in proximity to bad guy hangouts.

Sanctuary seems to be pretty safe, as the raiders tend to come up from Cocord and hit the Red Rocket gas station.

The drive in theater gets regular raider traffic, but I put in some rocket and laser turrets that make short work of it.

The one with the ghouls running the show is fun to "help" out, as I outfitted them with miniguns, rocket launchers, flame throwers and plasma rifles - as well as rocket and laser turrets. Mostly it's just a function of getting out of the way after taking out any suicide super mutants if they have any.

The supply route guys also draw in raids, but that's okay - defenses are steadily getting improved.

One complaint is that the word is a bit too persistent. Some corpses aren't removed, even if fully looted. Sorry, but I wouldn't have decomposing bodies ringing my settlement.

Btw, I (heart) calling in heavy mortar "artillery" on the Cordova factory to kill the raiders that keep re-occupying it.

Last edited by Dart; 12/02/15 03:46 PM.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4201728 - 12/02/15 04:33 PM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Coot]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
It's a bit cheaty but you can remove anything in the game with a console command. As long as you don't remove anything important it's a good way to simulate removing generic raider bodies if you have a mountain of them stinking up the area.

Or you could drag them all into the nearest ditch (hold down the use key).

#4202364 - 12/03/15 09:09 PM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Coot]  
Bib4Tuna Offline
I will take you to Jabba
Bib4Tuna  Offline
I will take you to Jabba

NC, USA

So funny, but so true...

#4202370 - 12/03/15 09:17 PM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Coot]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Yeah I'm still confused about finding pipe weapons in pre-war containers. That's not something that existed before the war, it makes no sense.

#4202472 - 12/04/15 02:44 AM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Coot]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
That's because you're not the first person to pick the lock!

From Laser:
#4202478 - 12/04/15 02:52 AM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Dart]  
wheelsup_cavu Offline
Lifer
wheelsup_cavu  Offline
Lifer

Corona, California
Originally Posted By: Dart
That's because you're not the first person to pick the lock!

Leave it to Dart to come up with the pragmatic answer. thumbsup

Wheels

Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
#4204198 - 12/09/15 02:55 AM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Coot]  
Harry-the-Ruskie Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot

Malaysia
Just found out about the plant glitch, where some or most of your plants you put down at settlements become inaccessible, meaning you are not able to interact with them in any way whether to harvest, assign, move or remove.

Now I know why Peally mentioned the console command to remove assets ingame. Apparently the plant glitch can be fixed to some extent by reloading the savegame. 'Fixed to some extent' because it seemed to work for some people and not for others. Worked for me so far.

#4204205 - 12/09/15 03:49 AM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Coot]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
I have put alot of time into 4. As a game its fine. As a Fallout game it SUCKS. I can sum it up as bad story and no choices. It takes all my memories of Fallout 1, 2, 3, NV and takes a crap on them.

Now as a general sort of modern game its fine. Sort of that pointless slaughter you expect from most modern titles. I just get hung up on Fallout in the name. I will hence fourth refer to this game as FOUR. It ain't Fallout.

I think its time to give Witcher 3 a go to get this bad taste out of my mouth. Like Fallout 2's notoriously bad taste from New Reno.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 12/10/15 04:49 AM.
#4204301 - 12/09/15 02:23 PM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Coot]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
3 and NV had choices? I thought this one blew those ones out of the water.

And if you hated Fallout 2 as well, you pretty much have issues with the entire series of games wink

#4204363 - 12/09/15 05:16 PM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Coot]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
I think the game is decent enough, even brilliant in some aspects, but it has too much console DNA to live up to my expectations.

On another note, is anyone running a melee oriented character?

Melee sucks if you if just run around swinging, especially against mobs, but combined with proper use of sneak and V.A.T.S. its devastating and saves a ton of ammo.

#4204594 - 12/10/15 04:56 AM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Peally]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Originally Posted By: Peally
3 and NV had choices? I thought this one blew those ones out of the water.

And if you hated Fallout 2 as well, you pretty much have issues with the entire series of games wink

Was not knocking 2. I liked 1 a bit better. More that OH crap, I did not mean to be a fluffer reference from New Reno. Have not played 2 in like 15 years, yet still remember alot of the quests and dialog. I really don't remember much of any from 2 weeks ago from FOUR. That says something right there.

While the main plot line of 3 was limited for sure, there where many ways to tackle the side quests over FOUR. NV you have a ton and half of ways to deal with situations other than kill everything. Sure you get shoe horned into the endings, put there was more options and consequences from your actions. There is like none in FOUR. Nothing you do matters.

#4207193 - 12/17/15 07:18 PM Re: Fallout 4 Thread [Re: Coot]  
Crane Hunter Offline
Veteran
Crane Hunter  Offline
Veteran

Master Meme-er
I take back what I said earlier,the game rocks despite its many flaws and quirks.

I find the controls clunky and the companions to be EXTREMELY annoying at times (especially you Dogmeat, bad dog!) given my stealth oriented play style, but overall I think Bethesda has done well given the limitations of the engine.

Melee/stealth is super powerful I have to say, almost cheatingly so at times, my low level character with barely modded weapons can already kill "skull" enemies like Swan in 2 or 3 swings in V.A.T.S sneak mode.

Outside of V.A.T.S. however its a challenge, unless you can considtantly pull off sprint and power attack combos, you can easily end up in trouble against even low level enemies.

I haven't got into settlements or crafting too much and nor do I really want to, maybe next playthrough?

Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.