Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
#4199162 - 11/25/15 10:24 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: ]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

Originally Posted By: Troll
Originally Posted By: Boomer

The only combat study jet DCS has is the Hawg, and its more of a victim/target than a hunter, while the Viper is a true multi-role killer.

You're funny! Dead wrong, but funny! :-D

Quite serious and know of what I speak, have been flying the DCS A10c since beta.

"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4199163 - 11/25/15 10:27 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: EricJ]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

Originally Posted By: EricJ
but if you do things right you can survive on a hostile battlefield.

Not from enemy fighters the A10C can't nor can it square the corner in fighting missiles with aspect.

"Learning to fly the Falcon is just your ticket to the dance" - Pete 'Boomer' Bonanni.
#4199167 - 11/25/15 10:35 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: OcelotPilot]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Sure it can, with a tight turning ability and low airspeed it can cut the corners easier (with that huge wing area too) and not require off-boresight missiles either. Matter of fact there were tests done in 80s I believe against F-14s and more often than not they were able to put the gun on them, as well as missiles. It's not designed to be a fighter, but a CAS jet, so any real comparison goes out the window as in the A2A fight the A-10 is obviously inferior. But let's see an F-16 do CAS better, and that would be truly amazing if it could.

|My Books | Home Page | http://562.combatace.com/ |
- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, “I ate the crap sandwich, you didn’t, so please don’t tell me how it tastes.”' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers
#4199175 - 11/25/15 10:54 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: OcelotPilot]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

Oh dude. .. have you flown the DCS A10C? One tight turn and it's out of energy. Then push it a little further and it will depart into a spin.

A Viper will turn itself inside out around a Hawg.

There's a reason why the F16 is the USAF Weasel and not the Hawg.

Btw, imho, f14s, ie turkeys, are hardly a valid platform for benchmarking energy fights.

Regards, sir!

#4199180 - 11/25/15 11:13 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: OcelotPilot]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
No I haven't, matter of fact the manuals I wrote were flown by somebody else, because apparently when I flew the beta years ago (not much I'll admit) and have no apparent skill whatsoever. Besides you can pull tight smoothly and still get a tight turn.

Again so you can understand basic English, the A-10 isn't a fighter, which by USAF policy has an "A" instead of an "F", if it were designated an "F-10C" or whatever, we can compare all day, but the fact of the matter is that the A-10 is a CAS, or Close Air Support plane, so it's not needed to always fight in the knife fight. Besides while the values in DCS are not completely realistic, the fact I'm able to put out proper guidance with both an A and C in a SEAD environment shows that while not purposefully designed, is capable of limited Wild Weasel work.

But since you're so experienced, take up a Sabre versus a Flanker and tell me how you can out fly a Sabre in 1v1.

I mean do you honestly think I care? I don't, I don't like the Viper, it's nothing exciting, so you trying to show me how big your penis is not impressing me at all. Go away and talk to somebody who will be impressed.

And besides given that the Viper isn't modeled in DCS makes this argument pretty retarded too.

- 'Nearly everyone felt the need to express their views on all wars to me, starting with mine. I found myself thinking, “I ate the crap sandwich, you didn’t, so please don’t tell me how it tastes.”' - CPT Cole, US Army
- "...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers
#4199181 - 11/25/15 11:18 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: OcelotPilot]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

Yes, brother, I understand F vs A etc etc

*sigh*

Not sure where the discussion turned to penises. Evidently I've touched a nerve with you so will depart this line of conversation.

#4199184 - 11/25/15 11:29 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: OcelotPilot]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Geez Eric,

I didn't see the conversation as an attack on anyone's manhood...it was just talking about the capabilities of the aircraft. I think you pushed it ahead in that direction faster than it was actually going.

Asus Z87 Sabertooth motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit Home edition
Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
16 gig 1866mhz Corsair Vengence Pro memory
EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4gb Video Card
Intel 510 series 120gb SSD (boot drive)
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"

#4199186 - 11/25/15 11:31 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: OcelotPilot]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Well I don't think I can use dick as a word here, but the fact is that it was like "Mine is bigger than yours!" and frankly I don't care. I mean he probably gets laid more than I do but really I don't see why he's trying to argue a moot point.

EDIT: I apparently can use dick as a word here.

#4199188 - 11/25/15 11:37 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: EricJ]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
Originally Posted By: EricJ
but the fact is that it was like "Mine is bigger than yours!" and frankly I don't care. I mean he probably gets laid more than I do but really I don't see why he's trying to argue a moot point.

No...it wasn't like that. Your taking a situation where someone didn't agree with your evaluatiuon of the aircraft role...and are "perceiving" it as an attack on your manhood for whatever reason.

I suppose just dropping it is best now anyway.

Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

#4199190 - 11/25/15 11:41 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: OcelotPilot]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
No I didn't perceive it that he was attacking my manhood (I'm fairly secure in that thanks) but he brought up valid points, but I just don't really care honestly. I mean the world is still going to turn on either side of the argument, so no, he was just trying to force me to accept his world view when I again, don't care what he says, right or wrong, it's not going to change my opinion. Each has their own merits and faults, but he's not going to change my mind.

Besides I'm an Air Force brat, so if I knew what an A-7 was before 10, kinda shows I'm an aviation enthusiast like anybody else, so I'm quite aware of the Viper's capabilities and frankly still don't like it. So him trying to "tell" me what is what gets annoying.

#4199191 - 11/25/15 11:49 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: OcelotPilot]  
Force10 Offline
I'm just a
Force10  Offline
I'm just a

CA
However you want to justify it is fine.

Flight sim forums are always chock full of people challenging others opinions on every topic under the sun...I just don't think I've seen the "manhood" card played so early and out of place.

Whatever...since you both are done with the subject...so am I.

Intel I5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz
Samsung 840 1TB SSD
Onboard Realtek sound

#4199267 - 11/26/15 03:58 AM Re: ED And reality [Re: OcelotPilot]  
Zoomie13 Offline
Zoomie13  Offline

"DCS: Penis" confirmed!

(Wow, I can only imagine the arguments that would spring up on these boards for that product...)

#4199273 - 11/26/15 04:11 AM Re: ED And reality [Re: Zoomie13]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
Originally Posted By: Zoomie13

(Wow, I can only imagine the arguments that would spring up on these boards for that product...)

But think of the rivets... Ouch! eek2

#4199274 - 11/26/15 04:12 AM Re: ED And reality [Re: Zoomie13]  
Mudcat Offline
Serial Thread Killer
Mudcat  Offline
Serial Thread Killer

Wilton, NC
Originally Posted By: Zoomie13

announcement for the announcement of the announcement for DCS: Penis coming in Decembuary (year still unknown)

#4199298 - 11/26/15 06:29 AM Re: ED And reality [Re: OcelotPilot]  
EricJ Offline
Me, just me.
EricJ  Offline
Me, just me.

Baltimore, MD
Lol it's a good thing my forte is aircraft and not human body parts biggrin

#4199365 - 11/26/15 12:55 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: OcelotPilot]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

Greetings, Troll, my brother.

Hopefully this will be a civilized exchange this time, bud.

I am comparing the DCS Hawg to the BMS Viper. I have flown both extensively online and offline.

What I mean by the Hawg being a victim is that it cannot adequately defend itself against fighters nor SAMs.

It is deadly to unprotected ground forces, sure, but needs air superiority to thrive.

And no, not looking for pissing contests, I like the Hawg very much.

Just killing time waiting on NTTR.

Now, go ahead and prove me wrong: my fly is firmly zipped up and staying that way.

#4199382 - 11/26/15 01:46 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: OcelotPilot]  
scrim Offline
scrim  Offline

Not sure what this is about really, but my take on it is simple:

The A-10 is good for CAS, and CAS only. Sure, directing CSAR missions is definitely there as well, but not viable in DCS. Yes, it can carry 2 all aspect IR missiles, but that doesn't make it a fighter, and any actual fighter that spots it will have zero issues as long as it still has A-A missiles and an average pilot.

It can also be used for Wild Weasel-ing, as demonstrated by the techniques and tactics some have put impressive efforts into refining. But personally, that's not something terribly fun and I wouldn't do it for the same reason that I don't e.g. steamroll the entire map in TW Rome 2/Attila; It relies entirely on taking advantage of very unrealistic features in the game. The SEAD/DEAD methods that I've seen for the A-10 in DCS all revolve around either knowing exactly where something is, or using the RWR to find it. The first is obviously unrealistic because it relies on insanely accurate intelligence, and even with that you'd never send an A-10 anyway. The latter depends on using the very overpowered RWR.

If DCS finally got a dynamic campaign, then it could become fun again in the long term scenario. As it is now, there's maybe 2-3 good, relatively realistic missions that I know of. The rest simply revolve around ridiculous arcade scenarios where you often face more SAMs and AAA than actual ground targets, combined with being tasked to use the A-10 for what are clear and cut strike missions as opposed to CAS. Personally I don't understand why the community is so obsessed about full avionics modeling when so many are more than happy to play such missions. I'd rather have a wider variety of FC3 level aircraft along with realistic missions, or better yet, both. Shame that doesn't exist...

Oh wait, BMS!

#4199392 - 11/26/15 02:15 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: Boomer]  
CyBerkut Offline
Administrator
CyBerkut  Offline
Administrator
Hotshot

Florida
my fly is firmly zipped up and staying that way.

Now there is something we can all be thankful for today! (Well, at least those of us in the states). wink

To those who observe Thanksgiving Day today, Happy Thanksgiving!

#4199394 - 11/26/15 02:17 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: Boomer]  
Remon Offline
Remon  Offline

Greece
[quote=SkateZilla]The only combat study jet DCS has is the Hawg, and its more of a victim/target than a hunter, while the Viper is a true multi-role killer.

Poor Mig-21...

#4199401 - 11/26/15 02:28 PM Re: ED And reality [Re: Remon]  
Boomer Offline
(v) Viper Driver
Boomer  Offline
(v) Viper Driver

Originally Posted By: Remon
[quote=SkateZilla]The only combat study jet DCS has is the Hawg, and its more of a victim/target than a hunter, while the Viper is a true multi-role killer.

Poor Mig-21...

Point taken, brother, forgot about that jet, not a fan.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.