Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4194953 - 11/16/15 03:21 AM Is there a trick?  
killgor Offline
killgor  Offline

Berlin, Germany
Hi,
I have question. It's not possible to save the game, but is there maybe a trick. A File that reccords the own progress and of which I can make a backup and in case of death copy it back into the folder? I would like to play the campaing. Sorry for any grammatical errors, I'm from Germany.

#4194962 - 11/16/15 03:48 AM Re: Is there a trick? [Re: killgor]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
There isn't any trick that I know of, but there is a wonderful tool that Robert created that backs up all of the pertinent pilot information so that if your system crashes you can just restore your pilot. I don't see why you couldn't also use it to restore a dead pilot if that's how you wanted to play the campaign. You can find this wonderful tool in the User Mod download page on the main WOFF webpage.

Member and provider of banjo music for the Illustrious BOC
#4194979 - 11/16/15 05:23 AM Re: Is there a trick? [Re: killgor]  
killgor Offline
killgor  Offline

Berlin, Germany
Great, thank you very much. I have some other questions about some settings. What do the settings claims/promotions and player guns only?

#4195094 - 11/16/15 02:50 PM Re: Is there a trick? [Re: killgor]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
The claims setting will affect how realistic you want the claim system to operate. I've never used the Easiest claim setting so my assumption would be that you don't even need to file a claim, the sim just awards you your kill. I have used the Easy and Normal settings and here is how they work. The major visible difference between the Easy and Normal setting is with the Easy setting the sim tells you if you scored a kill and the Normal does not, with both settings you still need to fill out a claim form and wait for the system to confirm or deny your claim. It seems through experience that the Normal claims confirmation system is more thorough and sometimes more random than the Easy setting. It also seems like most people use the Normal setting because for whatever reason, it just feels more realistic.

The 'Player Only Guns' setting controls how strong your guns are in relation to AI pilots. If you set it at Normal then your guns are like the AIs damage wise. At Strong they are 1.5X and at Strongest they are 2X the damage of the AI. I just made up those numbers to give you a reference point, I don't know how much stronger the Strong and Strongest settings really are.

I hope that information help you in your enjoyment of WOFF.

#4195459 - 11/17/15 11:55 AM Re: Is there a trick? [Re: killgor]  
killgor Offline
killgor  Offline

Berlin, Germany
And the promotions setting?

#4195536 - 11/17/15 03:09 PM Re: Is there a trick? [Re: killgor]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
I've never used anything other than the Normal settings so I don't really know anything about those. To be quite honest, except for the Devs, I don't think anybody has a full grasp of how this setting works. Sorry I can't be more help here.

#4195541 - 11/17/15 03:16 PM Re: Is there a trick? [Re: killgor]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

In WOFF, you receive medals for victories, whilst you get promoted for accomplishing the mission tasks.

I guess with easier settings, you don't need either - you would be promoted automatically
after so-and-so many sorties flown.

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4196127 - 11/19/15 04:25 AM Re: Is there a trick? [Re: killgor]  
killgor Offline
killgor  Offline

Berlin, Germany
Another short question. When playing the campaign, do I have to land my plane, for successfull finishing the mission or can I just quit the mission when I'm om own territory?

#4196130 - 11/19/15 05:06 AM Re: Is there a trick? [Re: killgor]  
Banjoman Offline
Banjoman  Offline

Antigua, Guatemala
You can ctrl-Q any time that you would like, the only problem is the closer you are to the front line the bigger a chance you have of being captured also your flightmates and the 1st flight will almost certainly go missing. What I do when I don't want to take the time and actually land is fly to my airfield and ctrl-Q over the airfield. Usually, the other flight will now be close enough to not go missing. Does that help?

#4196131 - 11/19/15 05:10 AM Re: Is there a trick? [Re: killgor]  
OldHat Offline
OldHat  Offline

Killgor, there are many ways to play this game and I know of three ways that I often use depending on my time.

1. Fly in real time from takeoff to landing. This will slow things down a lot and maybe you'll even get bored, but you'll notice more game details and learn to appreciate them more.

2. Fly on autopilot with compressed time up until the mission objective, then real time from that point until landing. Then compress time either until your buddies arrive or for 5 minutes.

3. Put workshop settings on closest target, use air start and quit mission while flying over your base or on your side of the lines. The only danger in doing it this way is that you may loose all of your buddies who are still flying due to random events - (missing in action mostly).

It's a good idea to join the DiD campaigns that are running so that you have a sense of purpose for flying and can share stories with everyone else. I wish I can consistently more time to fly because that is what I would do.

However you decide to play..... happy hunting!
duckhunter

#4196236 - 11/19/15 01:38 PM Re: Is there a trick? [Re: killgor]  
Olham Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Olham  Offline
Barmy Baron from Berlin
Hotshot

Killgor, you can exit the flight via the "Q" key, once you have completed your mission task -
just check the text after leaving; it should say wether the mission was a success or not.
You can also land on a nearer airfield, without travelling all the way back home.

Vice-President of the BOC (Barmy OFFers Club)
Member of the 'Albatros Aviators Club' - "We know how to die with Style!"
#4197194 - 11/21/15 04:30 PM Re: Is there a trick? [Re: killgor]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

To avoid permanent WOFF pilot death you can also enable Outcomes "Easy - pilot never dies" in the Workshop settings.
Now when you die instead it will pretend you didn't and carry on.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.