Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4209728 - 12/24/15 07:43 PM Re: Multiplayer stability Issue /Request [Re: Powerstomp]  
thealx Offline
thealx  Offline

I spent some time playing via local network for two players at once (server and client), and after ini file adjustments stability was improved. of course game should be tested for internet playing but I have no one to help me with that. I will try to fix several fatal errors that happens occasionally (related to weapons mostly, looks like I messed up somewhere), maybe later you will be able to help me with some tests in action. just in case, my current COMMS section with adjusted values, game became much more complicated with recent changes.

Code
[Communications]
maxplayers=4              # maximum number of players in a multiplayer game (def = 4)
ipa=                      # IP address (TCP/IP address) to connect to. A host can leave out the value.
usemaster=0               # Report game to internet masterserver (0 = off/private game, 1 = on) (def = 0) (recommended = 1)
pss=eech.online      # primary masterserver internet address (def = eech.online)
sss=                      # secondary masterserver internet address
ccrs=430080               # connection receive size, initial guess of campaign data size (def = 215040)
cdrs=430080               # data record size, similar to above (def = 215040)
cpbs=430080               # pack buffer size, similar to above (def = 215040)
cpds=3072                 # packet data size (def = 640)
cgs=1                     # force the comms to use DirectPlay guaranteed send instead of its own (0 = off, 1 = on) (def = 1)
crls=5000                 # packet history list size, increase if client keeps getting kicked out by server (default = 1000)
crl=50                    # number of times a client can re-request the same packet, increase for poor connections (def = 10)
cpt=10.0                # time delay for comms to wait for a packet before re-requesting it (n = seconds) (def = 5)
crto=15.0                 # time delay for comms to wait before assuming re-requested packets was lost (n = seconds) (def = 2)
mur=5                     # max update framerate for a server (not available for client) (n = frames/second) (TCP/IP = 5, IPX = 15) (def = 5)
cig=1                     # interpolate helicopter position for smoother visuals (0 = off, 1 = on) (def = 1)
cvc=1                     # removes dead player husks when client crashes to validate connection (0 = off, 1 = on) (def = 1)
cptl=50                   # packet throttle limit, governs the flow rate of packets (mainly for modems) (def = 10)
cto=60                    # timeout time before removing dead player husks (def = 15)
eufr=2                    # client server entity update framerate, number of iterations (def = 2)
css=1                     # show comms stats (0 = off, 1 = on) (def = 0)
cist=5000                 # comms initial sleep time (def = 500)
servlog=server.log        # filename for server log

Last edited by thealx; 01/20/20 11:21 AM.
#4210124 - 12/26/15 08:26 AM Re: Multiplayer stability Issue /Request [Re: thealx]  
Powerstomp Offline
Powerstomp  Offline

East Coast / USA
Originally Posted By: thealx
I spent some time playing via local network for two players at once (server and client), and after ini file adjustments stability was improved. of course game should be tested for internet playing but I have no one to help me with that. I will try to fix several fatal errors that happens occasionally (related to weapons mostly, looks like I messed up somewhere), maybe later you will be able to help me with some tests in action. just in case, my current COMMS section with adjusted values, game became much more complicated with recent changes.

Thealx , Thankyou for taking the time to work with the multiplayer issues. I'll be happy to help when you get to that stage. I haven't downloaded v 1.16.0 yet.
(Been waiting for some of the major bugs to be dealt with first)

Also ,as you know , I'm still currently engaged in multiplayer campaigns 2 to 3 times a week with a friend using v 1.15.0 which is currently the only version stable enough for multiplayer action.
(By the way - My client and I stopped using direct IP and have been using the Master Server since you got it running again recently ,and we haven't had any problems at all.
( Stable connections ,No crashes ,No errors ; Works perfectly ! )

I'm worried about keeping my current version working while still helping you test the new version with multiplayer. I suppose I could transfer 1.15.0 over to my other harddrive when installing the new version. I did this once before when switching from 1.15.0 to 1.15.2 ,and was able to play both versions without compromising one for the other.

Thanks again for the hard work ,and let me know when you're ready for help with multiplayer testing on the new version.

Powerstomp

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.