meh
Veteran

www.joinsquad.com

They released v2 last friday

Quote:
Version 2 Announcement
Oct 29, 2015
Boo!

It's Offworld, bringing to you a frightfully packed update on the next Closed Alpha build (Version 2), set to come out at the end of the week, Thursday 11pm PST/Friday 6AM GMT. We've been hard at work not only adding in new features, game modes and weapons, but also making the current experience smoother and much more enjoyable. All the good stuff!
The Closed Alpha version 2 will be available through the Alpha portal for download to all Founders.
Below is a massive changelog of all the things that have been going down this month and have made it to release!
New Game Mode - Insurgency
The Project Reality classic is back!
Two Insurgent Weapons Caches spawn at the start of each round. The US Army forces must take out insurgents to gain Intelligence and get hints to where the caches are located. As each Cache is overrun and destroyed, another one spawns in a random location on the map.
US Army Squad Leaders have an Incendiary grenade to destroy the Caches, the US team needs to destroy a total of 5 Caches to win. The Insurgents must drain the US Army team's tickets or wait out the clock to win.

New Game Mode - Territory Control
A New Gamemode focusing on pure defence & offence depending on the side. Insurgents have a number of territories at the start that they have to defend. The points are not meant to be captured in any particular order. If the US capture a territory, it cannot be recaptured. US has a time limit to capture all the territories. Some territories have a spawn point that can be captured.

New Scope and Attachment System
All the scopes have been redone, improving their sight picture and alignment. New attachment system allows us to attach several accessories and optics at the same time. Some variants of the M4 now have a foregrip.

ACOG reticle is now fully usable with ranging and bullet drop.
The SVD has its PSO-1 scope back. Reticle is not 1:1 with real life yet.
Known Issue: There is a small jitter when viewing through the scope while standing on the edges of the map.

Improved Inventory

Added an Inventory element to the HUD, showing which item you have selected and what is selected in each item group.
Multiple items per slot. Pressing the slot button multiple times cycles through the items in that slot (For example, Smoke Grenade Colors can be cycled through)
Re-grouped items into more logical groupings. The player can now find items in the same spot in the inventory across classes

https://gyazo.com/7d510ab6bd58a76bd6b96681edc92d2d

Improved weapon handling

Weapon sway now behaves differently depending on stance (Bipod weapons have reduced sway when prone)
Weapon recoil can now be affected by stance (Bipod weapons now have considerably less recoil when prone)
Focus sway reduction is now dependent on weapon and stance
Weapons now have proper working ballistic flight mechanics
Weapons now have MOA deviation depending on weapon and bullet quality
Weapon sway is now different when not aiming down sights
Full recoil overhaul on all weapons. Weapon config and load out now affects the weapons recoil behavior.
Slight damage and falloff tweaks on existing and new weapons.
Fixed a bug where weapons would have no bullet drop under 500 meters.
Shovels now stop shoveling when deployable is at 100%
Medic bag and field dressings no longer stops healing when the player that is getting healed moves
When entering ADS mode your sights now stay aligned.

New HUD Items

Added a small information blurb at the start of each gamemode, explaining the rules and how to win
Added an Inventory widget, showing which item you have selected
Improved the Ammo widget with a better design to improve its readability
Added a game timer
Updated the chat boxes with some display features
Added a medic icon to medics on the map
Improved the Flag and FOB capture widgets
Player icons are now smaller, making the map more readable
Insurgent flag has been redesigned
Compass has been scaled up and modified for easier readability

New Kit Role Items

Added 5 new AK variants to playable kits: AKM, AKMS, AKS-74U, AMD-65 and PM md. 63. (All with placeholder textures).
Remade existing RPK model. (Has placeholder texture)
Incendiary grenades for US Squad Leaders on insurgency maps. (Note that you drop this grenade for greater precision - you can only throw it a few meters)
M249 now has an CompM4 Aimpoint.
Added RDG-2 smoke grenade, replacing the M18 smoke grenade on the Insurgents.

Kit Role changes

All Insurgent kits now have pistols. The US side remains unchanged to reflect a more realistic load-out. Insurgent Fighter kits now have the AKM/AKMS instead of the AK-74 as standard. The AK-74 is still available as a limited kit in squads. Limited to 3.
AKM or AKMS will be randomly chosen to give aesthetic diversity. They are functionally the same at this point in time.
Insurgent Cell leader and Medic kits now have unique AKs so you can more easily identify the roles in the squad. Cell leader has PM md. 63 and the medic has AMD-65.
RPG Gunner now has the AKS-74U.
US Squad Leader kit now has the Aimpoint CompM4 on his M4 again, as well as a front grip to help identify him.
US Medic now has a foregrip on his M4 to help identify him
Grenadiers for both factions now have UGL launched smoke grenades in both white, blue and red colors.
All insurgent kits now has the RDG-2 smoke grenade instead of the M18.
The Rifleman ACOG kit is temporarily limited to 2 per squad.
Insurgent Marksman kit now has the SVD with the PSO-1, additionally he also has a set of binoculars.
All kits can now resupply fragmentation grenades from an ammo crate. Still limited to one frag grenade per kit role.

Improved Main Menu

Server Browser now shows Map, Gamemode, and whether or not the server is out of date.
Improved feedback when you are kicked from a server, or if the master server goes down.
Renamed 'Deploy Now' to 'Start Local' to better describe what it does.
Added a FOV Slider.
Added Toggle ADS/Lean
Added Credits, Founders will soon be added
Added two new main menu music tracks from Scott Tobin

Improved Maps

Kohat Performance and Visual Improvements
Logar Valley Performance and Visual Improvements
Added Police Station static object
Added Mosque static object

Misc Changes

Added support for special events
Added in Founders Skins for the AK, M4, and RPG-7. These will be tied to your Steam Inventory in the future, but for now they are assigned randomly each time you get a new kit (spawning or ammo box)
Prevented the game from launching if certain settings were turned off, fixing ini options abuse like no shadows, no smoke particles, etc.
Added "Kick from Squad" ability and "Give Squad Leader" ability for the Squad Leader, left click on the "My Squad" list on the player and follow the menu buttons.
Added right click on the "My Squad" list on the player and follow the right click menu buttons.
New weapon fire sound improvements for AK series, SVD and new distant fire sounds.
New projectile flyby sounds.
Added injury sounds like death screams.
Added more construction sounds for deployables.
Added explosion debris sounds for grenades and rockets.
Improvements to footstep sounds.
Added support for multiple permission levels for server admin access
FOB Capture radius reduced to 75 meters, from 150 meters
FOB spawning is no longer disabled when 2 enemies enter the radius. Instead the respawn time scales up 15 seconds per enemy in the radius.
Changed the black Dead screen to a grayscale blurred out image of the map from the map camera location.
Improved spawn points so that spawns have multiple positions to check for a valid spawn. This should prevent issues where you cant spawn on an otherwise valid spawn point.
Improved the Admin Observer Cams controls and features, and removed a number of hud widgets when in camera mode.
Reduced the bleed out rate when incapacitated and bandaged.
Added per-state sounds and effects for Deployable construction
Fixed the Go-Pro camera position in filming mode
Added reverb effects to almost every static building
Fixed an issue where the loading screen would go away too early, leading to issues where you would spawn in on the map without the terrain loaded
Fixed an issue where multiple servers on the same IP would not be listed on the server list
Improved performance of stamina calculations
Weapons now drop and have physics when the player dies
Fixed the Insurgent Shovel being held incorrectly
Added Credits in the main menu, Founders will soon be added
Added the ability for admins to assign squad leaders and kick squad members from a squad
Shoveling a radio now adds or removes capture progress on the FOB.
Shovels can now destroy deployables with right-click
Fixed the radio tower so that you can no longer climb up the sloped bars
Fixed server heartbeat timeouts
Added ability to deshovel FOBs to help with the capture tickets

Stay tuned to the main website page and also the forums for the actual release of the Closed Alpha version 2, expected delivery date to be this Thursday 11pm PST/Friday 6AM GMT.
Offworld Out.

They also have a 2.1 hotfix out later this week

Quote:
Version 2.1 Hotfix
Nov 2, 2015
A hoy-hoy. Its Offworld, with a very quick update.
We are putting out a hotfix for a number of pressing issues with the Closed Alpha Version 2 Build, mainly dealing with some gameplay and immersion breaking issues and bugs.
Please pay attention to the Alpha site for the download link which would be coming in the week.
Below is a changelog of what is going into the V2.1 Hotfix, and another reminder that this is going to be a full build download.

Changelog

Fixed shovels not being able to destroy deployable assets
Deployables now change state at 1/3rd and 2/3rds of their max health
Medic HUD now shows when players need bandaging when they are incapacitated on the ground.
Fixed Field Dressing and Medic bag collision issues, meaning players could not heal when lying down
Some quality of life changes to the player Bleeding Icon
Fixed community admin not being able to kick players
Disabled annoying admin notifications of failed shots
Fixed numerous client-side crashes
Fix some issues with inventory widget not showing the correct icon depending on what is left in multi-slot inventory locations.
Added physics to UGL smoke grenade projectiles
Added Local VoIP volume slider, out of game volume slider, and allowed volume increases beyond 100.
Fixed scoreboard player name sizes so that more players will show up on the scoreboard.
Fixed grammatical error in ruleset text for certain game modes.
Fixed missing weapon cache icons after one gets destroyed.
Added Orange attack and Purple defend colour coding to the Insurgency cache map icons for clarity.
Fixed ACOG being too dark, especially on night maps
Fixed a Rally Point related crash
Added display name to game modes that can be used to show display names in the server browser.
Fixed naming on the other rulesets and game modes.
Fixed Voice volume level slider
Added Radio Filter on/off button in the settings
Fixed audio reverb issues on certain locations on Kohat and Logar
Fixed Conquest game mode not displaying Conquest on the server browser
Fixed Territory Control displaying incorrect team as the winner
Fixed a number of instances where players could exploit wall geometry and fire through solid objects

We'd like to thank our community for their patience!
Offworld Out!

Last edited by Master; 11/03/15 06:26 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4190930 - 11/05/15 03:11 AM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Master]  
xIGuNDoCIx Offline
xIGuNDoCIx  Offline

v2.1 is out now!

#4203039 - 12/05/15 09:12 PM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Steam keys went out to the Squad Leader level backers. Everyone else will get their key on the 15th when the game goes live for sale on steam (45$).

V3.0 out as well
http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=67

v3.1 hotfix out (auto updates with steam now, I dont have a fix list for 3.1)

#4204082 - 12/08/15 07:03 PM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Master]  
Snakeyes Offline
XBL: sSnakeyes
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
I've been watching some YouTube game play videos for Squad after reading your post. This looks pretty good. It has an open world ArmA feel to it.

#4205747 - 12/14/15 03:29 AM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Master]  
Sokol1 Offline
Sokol1  Offline

Internet

#4206015 - 12/14/15 09:38 PM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Master]  
bonchie Offline
bonchie  Offline

It looks good.

Not having Coop is going to hurt it's appeal. Coop is very important to people who play games in this genre.

#4206038 - 12/14/15 10:32 PM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Master]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Riflemen keys went out last night but you cant activate them until it goes live on the 15th at which point you can also buy it on steam.

As for coop. It would be great to have a terrorist style hunt like from ghost recon but im not sure it would fit. This game is designed as adversarial play and just adding bots wouldnt work very well.

#4206123 - 12/15/15 07:57 AM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Master]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
I'm going to give Squad a try this morning. Hopefully team up with some players here for some action.

#4206214 - 12/15/15 02:38 PM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Master]  
Falstar Offline
Falstar  Offline

Edina, MN 55439
Thinking about pulling the trigger and getting squad. Missing the DayZ SHQ squad days. Arma3 doesn't do it for me for some reason, can't put my finger on it. Is SHQ TeamSpeak still in operation?

#4206237 - 12/15/15 03:29 PM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Master]  
Grunt0331 Offline
Grunt0331  Offline

Not trying to be a douche, but $40 for an early access game with no co-op, no single player, no bots, etc. Seems a bit steep to me for what is being offered.

de.ci.sive.ness\ n. 1. Ability to make decisions promptly and to announce them in clear, forceful manner. 2. See United States Marine.
#4206242 - 12/15/15 03:41 PM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Master]  
Falstar Offline
Falstar  Offline

Edina, MN 55439
Will there ever be a single player mode? That's is a deciding factor I should consider.

#4206244 - 12/15/15 03:51 PM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Master]  
sharpe26 Offline
sharpe26  Offline

Maastricht, Holland
Grunt, thats what a lot of people are commenting about. If you consider what's in the game vs to what is going to be,it feels a little expensive.

I'm a crappy pilot, but one hell of a shot.
#4206245 - 12/15/15 03:51 PM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Falstar]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
Originally Posted By: Falstar
Thinking about pulling the trigger and getting squad. Missing the DayZ SHQ squad days. Arma3 doesn't do it for me for some reason, can't put my finger on it. Is SHQ TeamSpeak still in operation?

Hi Falstar,

Yes, SimHQ Teamspeak is available. Check the Daily News page for the TS viewer and channel activity. You could use TS to coordinate and get a Team on the same server together. Once you get in the game it has ample ways/channels to communicate, both text and voice. I like the concept of Squad, but it is early access and it has a good ways to go to get fleshed out. Currently, there are no vehicles at all. It is all infantry boots on the ground TvT game play.

#4206250 - 12/15/15 04:16 PM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Master]  
Falstar Offline
Falstar  Offline

Edina, MN 55439
Thanks guys! Maybe I will wait. Might the price go up to $60 after release? Where will the price breaks fall. I do think $40 is a little high compared to the other previews. It's not like I'm not busy enough with Fallout4 and War Thunder. I even fired up DayZ yesterday. Some nice changes again, Lady Zeds are back. I like how the quarries have bull dozers and backhoes. Some of the cities have been changed again. Actually for the better!

#4206270 - 12/15/15 05:07 PM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Falstar]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
I doubt the price would go up to $60 for what it is, but I don't see it dropping below $40 anytime soon since the product is at the beginning of its life cycle. It might be smart to wait awhile. I just got off a training server and it's total chaos. Players TKing, etc. No chance to learn anything except how to hit the Give Up button when you are wounded and down. LOL!

BTW, Happy Birthday! Mine was yesterday.

#4207079 - 12/17/15 02:10 PM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Snakeyes]  
Mpkev Offline
Mpkev  Offline

Originally Posted By: Snakeyes
I doubt the price would go up to $60 for what it is, but I don't see it dropping below $40 anytime soon since the product is at the beginning of its life cycle. It might be smart to wait awhile. I just got off a training server and it's total chaos. Players TKing, etc. No chance to learn anything except how to hit the Give Up button when you are wounded and down. LOL!

played for about 7 hours yesterday, not one intentional Team kill . every game i played was well organized team work affair. and that is a friggin rarity in today's FPS's this game yet still early in development had probably been the most fun ive ever had in a tactical game. the amount of willingness for people to work as a team and attack objectives like in the real military is stunning to say the least.

The sounds, and actions of this game actually gave me flashbacks to Afghanistan , no other game yet has done this to me.

#4207296 - 12/17/15 11:39 PM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Mpkev]  
Snakeyes Offline
Snakeyes  Offline

Arizona, USA
Originally Posted By: Mpkev
Originally Posted By: Snakeyes

played for about 7 hours yesterday, not one intentional Team kill . every game i played was well organized team work affair. and that is a friggin rarity in today's FPS's this game yet still early in development had probably been the most fun ive ever had in a tactical game. the amount of willingness for people to work as a team and attack objectives like in the real military is stunning to say the least.

The sounds, and actions of this game actually gave me flashbacks to Afghanistan , no other game yet has done this to me.

You nailed it! Good summary.

#4209650 - 12/24/15 03:42 PM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Master]  
akdavis Offline
akdavis  Offline

Fort Worth, Texas
http://www.pcgamer.com/squad-is-an-exceptional-military-shooter-so-far/

Been playing for a week or so. Generally agree with the review, but I have to say experience can either be exceptional if you get on a server with high levels of cooperation, or total sh!t if you encounter the opposite.

--AKD

"I hope and I need." -Oleg Maddox
#4211170 - 12/29/15 08:01 PM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Master]  
Gunnyhighway Offline
Move, Strike, Protect
Gunnyhighway  Offline
Move, Strike, Protect

San Diego, CA
I joined a squad led by "PhysicsXX". This guy must have been a pro at one point in his life because he knew what to tell us and when to say it and had a great appreciation of the terrain. In the midst of that unforgiving hurling chaos, there was a little feeling of safety in that fragile soap airbubble. Some barking orders could be heard here and there from behind a couple of dried mud walls or from inside a structure. Once in a while a burp, a fart irrupted and more detonations, machineguns growling, explosions and tiny cracks above heads rips the atmosphere again. None of those sound signals felt like they were recorded in an underground shooting range facility, it was live.

I got triggered and felt joy, excitement, sadness, fear, doubts, I even laughed under fire and chuckled at my own clumsiness. I also experienced latency, brought back to revisit old memories. I felt young again and then heavy and old again.

So in all the FPS I played the last 25 years, for all the Arma's packed with attitude loaded gamers, the Ghost Recons with flying reticules and the likes, I would not trade for an adrenaline rush in "Squad", when well led and under fire.

"Squad" delivers what its name said it would, the experience of a squad at it worst precarious situation, but at its best of the human spirit position under pressure. It almost felt like being in the corps, but that would be stretching it a little!...It is right on the $39.99.

Personally, I don't care that there is no-coop, no single players, etc…It is supposed to tell the story of a squad in Afghanistan, not to tell the story of the comfort one feels when home, playing "catch me if you can before I hit you", with one hand on the controller and the other shoving a pizza slice down his throat.

Hoo-yah!

Fluctuat Nec Mergitur

This is not the bars that keep the Tiger in the cage, this is the space between the bars.
#4211697 - 12/31/15 08:59 AM Re: Squad Updates [Re: Master]  
Ratcatcher Offline
Ratcatcher  Offline

North Yorkshire, UK
Nicely put Gunny, and I also totally agree with AK's thoughts. Many of my games have been absolutely terrific, others not so. Some sadly have been outright awful ( though I'm glad to say those are a minority ).

All in all, this game is "the" game I have looked for in providing an intense military style shooter experience that actually makes you feel your fighting with others and has moments of intensity that has been sadly lacking from many other games I have tried.

The fact that this is very early in development just makes me smile and hope they can continue to raise the bar.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.