Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4184823 - 10/22/15 02:51 PM Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Well the volume can get turned up in and there is always system volume too. The real reason is mp4's ans Adobe premiere are not getting along. Its hard to import for editing and it becomes totally washed out on color when and if you do. The whole raptr/playtv thing which do get along, alas has a joke of a clip editor thing. Which is what I used. And not sure if taking yet more time for vids I do not know how they will be received is unclear.

Oh, and I am rolling with some old cheap mic from the 90's. My better one died a couple years ago. Considering this is the first time I needed one since...well.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 10/22/15 02:51 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4185875 - 10/25/15 06:02 AM Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Well, people seem to be watching the vids, or at least clicking on them on play tv. Even ones I did not link to any forum. Wish it would give a stat for how long average user watched. Help me out trying to figure out response. So getting more views than I figured, but do not know if the target audience is getting anything out of it. Still no time to edit and get on youtube yet.

I guess the next stuff to cover is tank controls for gunnery and driving. Although there is really not much to these, just knowing the keys.

guess the fact of no likes on anything has me wondering. Probably being neurotic.

Anyone interested in short clips of WIP work that may never see the light of day?

Last edited by FlashBurn; 10/25/15 06:14 AM.
#4185889 - 10/25/15 10:05 AM Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... [Re: FlashBurn]  
Chucky Online sosad
Veteran
Chucky  Online Sosad
Veteran

UK
I'd never heard of plays.tv before.Maybe it's because you have to sign up to leave feedback? I think once you get them onto YT the feedback will start to come.

EV's are the Devils matchbox.
#4186066 - 10/25/15 11:36 PM Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... [Re: FlashBurn]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
I never commented any YT vidbecause I never registered on YT. I imagine I'm not the only one.

I watched the tank vs hinds vid and took it as a succesful "first try". I hear the sounds, frame rate is OK, image quality good.

I'm interested in good tutorials, progressive as in "playing a game as single tank commander" (vs infantry/arty/helos, etc...), "playing as a platoon commander", and lastly "playing as force commander", with a good pronunciation , sufficient volume to understand (beware of game loud sounds), common words, not too many unusual acronyms or spell'em so I can find them with google.

It will hopefully encourage me to overcome the steep learning curve and stop playing arcadish world of warship.

Multi coop would be an even bigger incentive, but that's another topic. I thank you in advance for any vid you'll do, I indeed found most available somewhat lacking, while still valuable.

#4186118 - 10/26/15 02:03 AM Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... [Re: rollnloop.]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Originally Posted By: rollnloop.
I never commented any YT vidbecause I never registered on YT. I imagine I'm not the only one.

I watched the tank vs hinds vid and took it as a succesful "first try". I hear the sounds, frame rate is OK, image quality good.

I'm interested in good tutorials, progressive as in "playing a game as single tank commander" (vs infantry/arty/helos, etc...), "playing as a platoon commander", and lastly "playing as force commander", with a good pronunciation , sufficient volume to understand (beware of game loud sounds), common words, not too many unusual acronyms or spell'em so I can find them with google.

It will hopefully encourage me to overcome the steep learning curve and stop playing arcadish world of warship.

Multi coop would be an even bigger incentive, but that's another topic. I thank you in advance for any vid you'll do, I indeed found most available somewhat lacking, while still valuable.

Good point. Never considered folks where English and BAD English where not a primary language. Acronyms used by US forces I know I used. When I remembered I said what they mean. That one is hard as its hard wired.

#4186211 - 10/26/15 08:50 AM Re: So I just watched some lets play SABOW type vids... [Re: FlashBurn]  
markl Offline
markl  Offline

Originally Posted By: FlashBurn

I guess the next stuff to cover is tank controls for gunnery and driving. Although there is really not much to these, just knowing the keys.

I have seen a few videos on using the main guns but not on how to use the sights on machine guns, night sights binoculars etc. Getting the sequence of using the keys is hard if you do not know how. It would be nice to be able to use all the sights in the game and know what the scales are.

Also I have not seen anything on using those dials inside the tanks yet, they maybe out there but have not seen them.

The manual goes into how to use the scales pages 85 to 89 (in version 2015.06.18) but I am afraid I cannot put that information to use, need some sort of visual explanation.

For me I like small specific targeted tutorials, one skill at a time.

Thanks for your efforts so far much appreciated, hope you get more on youtube soon.

Regards MarkL

MarkL
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.