Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4180503 - 10/12/15 01:05 PM Star Wars Battlefront.. beta...  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
Didn't think I'd like it, not a SciFi fan...but after playing the beta today for just a while It was a lot of fun... not BF4 type fun, but fun... like the co-op wave thing, with friends could be like the old GoW co-op days we played... and even the MP was fun thou I died ALOT... can't believe you can't go prone thou.

will see.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4180565 - 10/12/15 02:57 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront.. beta... [Re: Magnum]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Interesting, everyone I've talked to here and in person, and all over the web, indicates that it was an extremely poorly designed game. Compared to Battlefield it was a Ritalin required respawning nightmare biggrin

I will say I think it's one of those games where prone isn't really needed.

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#4180632 - 10/12/15 05:12 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront.. beta... [Re: Magnum]  
Raw Kryptonite Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Raw Kryptonite  Offline
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran

MS
What is going on here?!
Up is down
Left is right
East is West
Dogs and cats living together...

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
#4180643 - 10/12/15 05:30 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront.. beta... [Re: Magnum]  
kludger Offline
Hotshot
kludger  Offline
Hotshot

SE Pennsylvania, USA
I suspect Magnum is looking at it from the COD small map, gun an run perspective which maybe he enjoys? This seems like it would be very similar to COD.

Others are looking at it from the comparison to the original Battlefront games... in which comparison this blows.

Or as I did in comparison to BattleField 4, which I enjoy the conquest large rounds with big maps, safe spawn location, destructible buildings, clear territory objectives etc... in which comparison this blows biggrin

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift
#4180796 - 10/12/15 10:59 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront.. beta... [Re: Magnum]  
Magnum Offline
Lifer
Magnum  Offline
Lifer

Naples, Florida
I'm not talking about the large force on force combat, not to impressed with that... talking about the co-op wave mode where you have to defend as a group till an evac comes is pretty fun, mostly with friends. imo

#4180988 - 10/13/15 01:19 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront.. beta... [Re: Magnum]  
Wedge Offline
Wedge  Offline

I am having a lot of fun with this - especially the Hoth map. The one thing I wish the game had was the "build up" of intensity. As it is right now both sides are just thrown into chaos with both sides running to reach/capture objectives. I wish that the Rebel side would have some time to get situated to setup defenses - get into position in trenches or to into a laser turret. Then the Empire forces spawn in a position a little ways back to approach the objectives. Kind of like in the actual movie where you a building up to an intense battle scene.

#4181296 - 10/14/15 12:00 AM Re: Star Wars Battlefront.. beta... [Re: Magnum]  
LeemzHQ Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
LeemzHQ  Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot

Massachusetts
I'm really impressed with the graphics and the SOUNDS. They've nailed the ambiance.

But, I'm not wowed with the gameplay. Seems a bit to chaotic (i.e. a little to CoD-ish for my taste) but I'm probably going to get it anyway. This was my most heavily anticipated game for 2015. But, in all honesty, so far, I'm finding the beta a bit disappointing. The maps are too damn small for one thing.

Anyway, I plan on buying it on launch, along with Fallout 4. I'm curious to see which of those two games I end up spending more time with.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe
#4181482 - 10/14/15 01:04 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront.. beta... [Re: Magnum]  
Wedge Offline
Wedge  Offline

I agree with you LeemzHQ. Impressed with graphics and the whole ambiance. I plan on buying it.

#4181540 - 10/14/15 03:08 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront.. beta... [Re: Magnum]  
Peally Offline
Hotshot
Peally  Offline
Hotshot

Wisconsin, USA
Looking online it is distressing to see the amount of writers foaming over the game. Without the Star Wars stuff it was just one really lame ass shooter.

Scully: Victim died of multiple stab wounds.
Mulder: *throws her a file* Ever heard of the knife alien?
#4181860 - 10/15/15 11:58 AM Re: Star Wars Battlefront.. beta... [Re: LeemzHQ]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Originally Posted By: LeemzHQ
I'm really impressed with the graphics and the SOUNDS. They've nailed the ambiance.

But, I'm not wowed with the gameplay. Seems a bit to chaotic (i.e. a little to CoD-ish for my taste) but I'm probably going to get it anyway. This was my most heavily anticipated game for 2015. But, in all honesty, so far, I'm finding the beta a bit disappointing. The maps are too damn small for one thing.

Anyway, I plan on buying it on launch, along with Fallout 4. I'm curious to see which of those two games I end up spending more time with.

Let me just chuck something out there.... you know you don't like the gameplay atm. And isn't that he biggest part to the game. So instead of buying at release and in effect telling the guys that built a dumb ass shooter "hey thanks for the turd that is wrapped up in starwars, here take my money". Why don't you hold off a little while and see if they make a game you will may like all round and you could even get it a little cheaper.

No matter what the reviews area like. If a crap game makes money, they will always think they did good and make another.

Its sometimes good to send a nice message of "just because it lloks like gold doesn't mean i will buy a painted ball sack"

But its your money, your decision.

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
#4181923 - 10/15/15 02:53 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront.. beta... [Re: Magnum]  
Master Offline
meh
Master  Offline
meh
Veteran

Also every time you quit out of the beta you were given the option to take a survey. You could have answered you didnt like the gameplay every time you exited (like I did). I wont be buying this on launch and maybe not until it is bargain priced unless they do something significant with the other game modes.

#4182003 - 10/15/15 06:17 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront.. beta... [Re: bogusheadbox]  
LeemzHQ Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
LeemzHQ  Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot

Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: bogusheadbox
Originally Posted By: LeemzHQ

Let me just chuck something out there.... you know you don't like the gameplay atm. And isn't that he biggest part to the game. So instead of buying at release and in effect telling the guys that built a dumb ass shooter "hey thanks for the turd that is wrapped up in starwars, here take my money". Why don't you hold off a little while and see if they make a game you will may like all round and you could even get it a little cheaper.

No matter what the reviews area like. If a crap game makes money, they will always think they did good and make another.

Its sometimes good to send a nice message of "just because it lloks like gold doesn't mean i will buy a painted ball sack"

But its your money, your decision.

Well I never said it was a turd. Those are your words. I try not to judge a game solely on the beta. I'm looking at the potential of the game based on the developer. I have faith in DICE. They made mistakes with BF4 at launch but now it's a very solid shooter. I think this game will improve over time as well. If it was from the makers of CoD I'd feel differently. I gave up on that after BO2.

I know they went out of their way to not make a BF clone with a SW skins. Frankly I'd have preferred that. But that doesn't mean this can't still be a good game on its own.

One game I have reservations about and I'm holding off on is RB6: Siege. I wont be buying that at launch.

But if you have more serious reservations about this title than me, then, by all means, send your message.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
Edgar Allan Poe
#4182265 - 10/16/15 11:51 AM Re: Star Wars Battlefront.. beta... [Re: Magnum]  
bogusheadbox Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke
bogusheadbox  Offline
Opinionated Aussie Bloke

Just posting an observation. Nothing more

Fighterops...

The only TRUE Stealth crowd funded game.

Devs said there was stuff there, but you just couldn't see it.
#4182292 - 10/16/15 12:33 PM Re: Star Wars Battlefront.. beta... [Re: Magnum]  
LeemzHQ Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
LeemzHQ  Offline
360 Gamertag = Leemz
Hotshot

Massachusetts
And I'm just explaining my thinking on why I plan to make a launch day purchase.

You know, just throwing it out there. thumbsup

Edgar Allan Poe

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.