Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4180147 - 10/11/15 01:32 PM Minimod 2.1 out the door for Basra DLC  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tyol9mo70oh2nfr/minimod_2.1V3..gt2extension

Do to stupid last minute DOH!, if Iran helmets are centered wrong on head. Re-download, its fixed now.

Works perfect with Basra DLC as it was intended too. Alas, it currently causes crashes for remastered sabow without Basra DLC. Basically Iranian airborne troops will crash out the game. Will make a hot fix here shortly for no Basra DLC that will fix Iranian crash.

https://www.mediafire.com/?0rsxamcm2o8o265  Hotfix for minimod 2.1 without Basra DLC

This is a potential hot fix for minimod 2.1 WITHOUT basra DLC.  I can not test it do to steam not letting me disable this DLC for some unknown reason.  

It needs to be above minimod 2.1.  It removes references to units of Basra DLC and changes models of Paratroopers back to their old one.  And thats all this does.  Only use if NOT running Basra DLC.  If you are running Basra DLC, it will disable most of the new toys for Iran.   If you run this mod and then buy Basra DLC, uninstall and trash this hot fix.  

Just the old little mod I did way back.

-Anti tank rifle grenades for some soldiers with a G3 or FN-FAl.
-Smoke rifle fired grenades
-the old M1 helmet still being the old M1 helmet.
-RGD2 smoke grenade I just finally got working again. No longer kills tanks.
-small tweak to G3 rifle texture to make it look less retarded
-Infantry ammo load outs of 7 magazines of ammo/small tweaked load outs of grenades.
-Increased burst rates for Heavy machine guns (from 3-6 round burst to 6-10) and lite auto cannons (from 1 to 3 to 3 - 7).
-new model of a PRC 77 radio for all radio troops. Except frogman who for reasons not known, the radio does not show up.

Basically, it attempts to improve, somewhat the effectiveness of infantry against armor.

The smoke grenades alas, are only used by ai infantry if nothing better to throw at armor (or anything else). They do not use them to obscure themselves from enemy fire. But better than nothing.

Reworked units load outs to try and prevent the, im going to run over everyone deal. Something I ended up doing alot of in the Iraq campaign got Basra DLC. Badji troops will still suck, but get something to throw at tanks. Unita gets the same snazzy head gear as before. Ya, its the same thing, as way back but works with remastered sabow.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 10/27/15 12:38 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4180226 - 10/11/15 07:25 PM Re: The old sabow mini mod is currently getting updated for Basra DLC. [Re: FlashBurn]  
godzilla1985 Offline
godzilla1985  Offline

Pa
Good to hear your getting back into the SABoW modding FB thumbsup

"It's the man, not the machine" Gen Chuck Yeager
#4180411 - 10/12/15 04:08 AM Re: The old sabow mini mod is currently getting updated for Basra DLC. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA

UGH not this problem again! Seems SO straight forward to just update the little thing. But NO. Any rate, Iranian frogmen with a chance against tanks. Not really however. More like brake a light fixture unless they get a flank or just lucky. Blows up light armor pretty well. All hail the energa rifle grenade, brought to you my MECAR. ALso by: Belgium.... the little nation with a small military that makes lots of the things that go boom.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 10/12/15 04:10 AM.
#4180920 - 10/13/15 09:49 AM Re: The old sabow mini mod is currently getting updated for Basra DLC. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA

Whipped this low poly prc77 and alice frame out tonight. -hand set. OOPS. Give it to all radio troops if all works out. After which you can see who is the radio operator.

Well it should work out for its purposes in the end. Not going to win a beauty contest.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 10/13/15 10:44 AM.
#4180946 - 10/13/15 11:48 AM Re: The old sabow mini mod is currently getting updated for Basra DLC. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
if anyone out there can point me at the commonly used Warsaw pact radio of the 1960-1980's let me know. I know nothing. For now everyone gets a PRC 77 low poly. eek2

Good enough for this purpose. Now to rig into mode. UGH this will suck.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 10/13/15 12:03 PM.
#4181006 - 10/13/15 01:53 PM Re: The old sabow mini mod is currently getting updated for Basra DLC. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA

#4181029 - 10/13/15 02:52 PM Re: The old sabow mini mod is currently getting updated for Basra DLC. [Re: FlashBurn]  
Asid Offline
Dogs of War
Asid  Offline
Dogs of War

This looks great Flashburn

Thanks for taking the time to do this

Regards

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

www.DogsOfWarVu.com
#4181039 - 10/13/15 03:07 PM Re: The old sabow mini mod is currently getting updated for Basra DLC. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
I try... Its me putting off bigger things. I have the time right now but not looking forward to epic pain. M38a1 and M38a1c.

Will make this stupid radio insanity look like fun.

[img]http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.co...382E7AFBE2D1E9/[/img]

After some digging around in the config files I figured out where the place things on the back attach to a regular soldier.  And now the game is screwing with my mind.  Whatever i do it is flipping mesh around and generally being annoying as hell.  More time trying to get this dumb thing to the right place on the back than it took to make it.   >:(

The radio thing is probably more suited to GTOS DLC's. Not sure if the command links of GTOS are actually used in SABOW. If they are, shooting radio operators will slow down enemy command and control.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 10/13/15 03:09 PM.
#4181083 - 10/13/15 04:25 PM Re: The old sabow mini mod is currently getting updated for Basra DLC. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA

Almost success. The radio is slightly off. But after 3 hours of stupid, I do not care right now. Just needs to get finished up with LOD's and a missing texture channel. Need to revisit the old M1 helmet soon. It needs a hair net, I mean that yarn the Iranians sometimes stuck all over there helmets. I would call it camo netting maybe, but no, it looks like yarn.

#4181484 - 10/14/15 01:10 PM Re: The old sabow mini mod is currently getting updated for Basra DLC. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA

Ok, radio now with a hand set. Wonder what it looks like in game.

Oh, got radios to most troops now. For some reason can not get them to show up on Iranian frogmen. Going to have to get around to making a GTOS version of this.

#4182210 - 10/16/15 07:43 AM Re: The old sabow mini mod is currently getting updated for Basra DLC. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Well, everything in mod seems in order. Only 2 things as issues. Rifle grenades are not centered on rifle bores. I can get it centered on either the G3 or FN fal but not both. =(. For now will get it centered on G3 and then figure out something. I may end up making a super energa rocket assisted 75mm for Iran and then giving the 73mm version to others. This would solve that.

The other maybe issue is I built around BAsra DLC. Do not know if it will run without. Need to check that.

Any rate. On course for tomorrow to release the thing. Should allow a slightly more challenging Basra DLC 2nd play threw. Well, if your tactics are solid. biggrin Otherwise....

#4182439 - 10/16/15 06:03 PM Re: The old sabow mini mod is currently getting updated for Basra DLC. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA

This is probably next weeks project. Finishing this thing. Now that texture was me color matching (badly) back in March. But the model is quite IMO good. But having a real hard time just releasing my 1st class work. I think that is one reason why they sit in limbo. This is more like my portfolio work and quite frankly scared about jack asses ripping them. Is that crazy? Need to come to grips with this on what I want to do. Thoughts? I know we are a real small niche within a niche. But quite alot of time went into this thing as well as that su2 or what will be that flak 18. Well just whats going threw my head right now.

Chasing around the little fugly paint job one around the Basra map. The M38a1C with its m40 recoiless rifle should be interesting.

Just want to say... Once upon a time, I was a light scout with a HMWWV. One thing I learned was how easy it is to hide even that fat thing, let alone something small like these old school 1950's jeeps. And with an M40 recoiless rifle on the back, you could kill the first silly tank that blundered into your hide without much an issue. Living threw it might be a problem...But that first one is toast. Unless they have good scouts. Or you loose the scout counter scout fight.

No more putting off grenades. time to finish mini mod 2.1.

Last edited by FlashBurn; 10/16/15 07:35 PM.
#4183053 - 10/18/15 03:18 PM Re: The old sabow mini mod is currently getting updated for Basra DLC. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
https://www.mediafire.com/?ya9blbi2illlcb5

Minimod 2.1

Sort of a mild test. I THINK it works fine. If someone without basra DLC can try to use Iranian Airborne troops and let me know what happens would be nice. My steam version refuses to disable the DLC. Was not able to check.

To install open games updater. Navigate to wherever you saved it. Click on it, a clock should appear. Hit save and play. The go to battle editor. PLOP down some Iranian frogman (they have NO rpg's so you can get close) drive up to them and see what happens.

Well if you dont have basra DLC.... above may be an issue.  HMMM how about Unita infantry then.  

Last edited by FlashBurn; 10/18/15 03:28 PM.
#4183213 - 10/18/15 10:56 PM Re: The old sabow mini mod is currently getting updated for Basra DLC. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
https://www.mediafire.com/?0rsxamcm2o8o265  Hotfix for minimod 2.1 without Basra DLC

This is a potential hot fix for minimod 2.1 WITHOUT basra DLC.  I can not test it do to steam not letting me disable this DLC for some unknown reason.  

It needs to be above minimod 2.1.  It removes references to units of Basra DLC and changes models of Paratroopers back to their old one.  And thats all this does.  Only use if NOT running Basra DLC.  If you are running Basra DLC, it will disable most of the new toys for Iran.   If you run this mod and then buy Basra DLC, uninstall and trash this hot fix.  

#4185526 - 10/24/15 12:10 AM Re: The old sabow mini mod is currently getting updated for Basra DLC. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
Found an intermittent crash bug in minimod 2.1. Fix soon after more testing. So minimod 2.2 will be a bug fix. If anyone cares, was a stupid forgotten ; that could lead to crash by spamming error report.

#4186650 - 10/27/15 12:35 AM Re: The old sabow mini mod is currently getting updated for Basra DLC. [Re: FlashBurn]  
FlashBurn Offline
FlashBurn  Offline

Washington State, USA
V3 of minimod2.1 and hopefully no more stupid.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tyol9mo70oh2nfr/minimod_2.1V3..gt2extension

Corrects a few errors.  Like no more .30 browning machine gun for some troops when they in fact have no weapons at all.  How that one got by me is beyond me.  This affected regular old Iranian troops.   Hopefully no others.  

This over writes the old one.  Will show version 003 if it did it right of mod.  

Last edited by FlashBurn; 10/27/15 12:40 AM.

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.